Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 65  All

Author Topic: M124: GPT-2 Mafia (Game over ; Mafia wins flawlessly)  (Read 176642 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: M124: GPT-2 Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #800 on: September 12, 2019, 09:49:38 am »

Vote Count 2.3

Glooble (2): Awaclus, jotheonah
jothenoah (1): Glooble

Not Voting (9): Uncleeurope, DatSwan, mcmcsalot, Robz888, Joseph2302, A Drowned Kernel, EFHW, e, Debatepro, Glooble

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 2 ends on September 18, 05:00 forum time.

Once upon a time, there was a group of rats who saw a squire tending to a horse. Then they ate him.

"Yummy," Carl said to his fellow rat Steven.

"Indeed," Steven replied. "Oh rats! Who is this?"

"Hi," Anna said, before she impaled both rats on her sword. She threw the first into the cellar that had magically appeared, then she took a stroll through the village in order to urchin-hunt.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: September 12, 2019, 09:57:29 am »

I voted for the duel, even though I have semi strong town reads on both Glooble and Jo. That's how much I wanted to duel!

vote: Robz
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: September 12, 2019, 09:58:21 am »

I voted yes on duel, and I'm now more skeptical of joth for switching his stance on duels for swan's plan, which accomplishes pretty much the same thing as everyone always voting yes

In my defense, I didn't really have to make a choice about the plan because I would have voted yes on this duel anyway.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: September 12, 2019, 10:09:02 am »

I voted yes on duel, and I'm now more skeptical of joth for switching his stance on duels for swan's plan, which accomplishes pretty much the same thing as everyone always voting yes

In my defense, I didn't really have to make a choice about the plan because I would have voted yes on this duel anyway.

But you had no idea what the duel was going to be when swan proposed the plan
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: September 12, 2019, 10:15:04 am »

Oh we have a duel. Kind of didn't expect that

You didn't expect people to vote yes on joth and glooble?
I thought all the no duellers from yesterday would vote no again

OTOH, the fact it got lots of yes votes could just mean it's town v town. But we may as well assume that isn't the case for now (as if it is  then it's tough luck and we have to kill one of them)

Although I don't personally think they're both town anyway
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: September 12, 2019, 10:42:15 am »

I voted no again. As I said I’m not convinced either joth or glooble are scum. I think the Pr is not going to be worth not getting any more cases made today. I think this duel was great for scum.

We also now have 3 of 4 duel participants voting for the duel. E, joth, and glooble.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: September 12, 2019, 11:00:11 am »

I voted no again. As I said I’m not convinced either joth or glooble are scum. I think the Pr is not going to be worth not getting any more cases made today. I think this duel was great for scum.

We also now have 3 of 4 duel participants voting for the duel. E, joth, and glooble.

Probably means ADK is scum!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: September 12, 2019, 11:07:17 am »

Oh we have a duel. Kind of didn't expect that

You didn't expect people to vote yes on joth and glooble?
I thought all the no duellers from yesterday would vote no again

OTOH, the fact it got lots of yes votes could just mean it's town v town. But we may as well assume that isn't the case for now (as if it is  then it's tough luck and we have to kill one of them)

Although I don't personally think they're both town anyway

I'm pretty sure the only person who was opposed to dueling on principle was EFHW, everyone else was in the "based on reads" boat
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: September 12, 2019, 11:07:46 am »

Assuming they're all telling the truth about how they voted
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: September 12, 2019, 11:31:18 am »

I voted for the duel by the way (in case it wasn't obvious)

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: September 12, 2019, 11:32:34 am »

Vote: joth

This is L-5

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: September 12, 2019, 11:55:38 am »

I actually voted yes. The joth/Glooble thing generates a lot of discussion. I don't have strong town reads on either of them and I'd like to see how good the pr's are going to be. Call it an experiment.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: September 12, 2019, 01:20:02 pm »

There's something really sad about the fact that MiX was the one who so badly wanted to see a twinfight, yet he's the one who's not around to see it.

Pour one out for our homie.

He/him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: September 12, 2019, 03:06:29 pm »

Well robz you got your dish... twin battle. Lol
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: September 12, 2019, 03:18:45 pm »

There's something really sad about the fact that MiX was the one who so badly wanted to see a twinfight, yet he's the one who's not around to see it.

Pour one out for our homie.
He can watch it from heaven aka the speccy.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: September 12, 2019, 03:20:25 pm »

Now what? Should each dueler make a case for why they are town while the rest of us look for scumminess? I'm going to start rereading.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: September 12, 2019, 03:35:53 pm »

I also voted yes to the duel.

Very much inclined to vote Glooble here as Joth was a pretty strong town read for me going back to D1.  Glooble (or anyone who wants to make the case), why should I vote Joth?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: September 12, 2019, 04:07:09 pm »

Joseph, what happened between

Based on that, Vote: Glooble

and

This is L-5

?

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M124: GPT-2 Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #818 on: September 12, 2019, 04:12:17 pm »

I would direct everyone to my original case on Glooble:

I think Glooble is scum. vote: Glooble

-- clip --

He responded to that case in kind of a scummy way. Like an OMGUS with extra steps. It's possible that he's town who honestly doesn't believe I could misread him this badly as town, and is therefor voting for me for voting for him. That's not crazy logic. But it's equally possible that he's scum who knows the best argument against my case is to discredit me.

All game the root of my Glooble case is that all his scumreads feel fake and contrived. His scumread on me is no different. He reads like someone looking for a lynch (and.or for survival), not someone looking for scum.

I'll try to do some further rereading, but really my case on Glooble is largely out there already. I can only people are more inclined to agree with it than they were on Day 1.

He/him

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: September 12, 2019, 04:25:11 pm »

Joseph, what happened between

Based on that, Vote: Glooble

and

This is L-5

?
Thinking time. And I need to think more to be honest
Honestly don't think I've played with either of you much/at all before, so having a hard time reading you both

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #820 on: September 12, 2019, 04:56:14 pm »

-- clip --

He responded to that case in kind of a scummy way. Like an OMGUS with extra steps. It's possible that he's town who honestly doesn't believe I could misread him this badly as town, and is therefor voting for me for voting for him. That's not crazy logic. But it's equally possible that he's scum who knows the best argument against my case is to discredit me.

All game the root of my Glooble case is that all his scumreads feel fake and contrived. His scumread on me is no different. He reads like someone looking for a lynch (and.or for survival), not someone looking for scum.

I'll try to do some further rereading, but really my case on Glooble is largely out there already. I can only people are more inclined to agree with it than they were on Day 1.

Honestly, joth's case on me is my #1 reason for thinking joth is scum. I don't in fact, believe he could misread me this badly as town. His slip up about saying he voted for the duel on day one because of my case on ADK when I had actually made a case on DatSwan also feels like a mistake much more likely to come from a scum joth trying to come up with a fake justification for a vote than from a town joth trying to decide how to vote.

If I was trying to stay alive I would %100 have voted against this duel. If I was scum my best defense against that case would not have been to turn on joth. That would have been a stupid play. It would have been better to either deflect to someone else or just ignore joth's case and let it blow over (which it more or less did, at least day one.) Because making a case on the person making a case on you looks scummy, and I'm aware of this, whether I'm scum or town. As town, I opted to do it anyway because finding scum is more important than keeping myself alive. As scum I absolutely would not have.

Joth is also aware of this, which is why he made his case on me out of no where before I could make a case on him. I still think this is the most plausible scenario - joth knows I can read him well enough that I'm going to start suspecting him eventually, so he makes a pre-emptive case on me to make my eventual turn on him look like OMGUS.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: September 12, 2019, 05:30:13 pm »

-- clip --

Honestly, joth's case on me is my #1 reason for thinking joth is scum. I don't in fact, believe he could misread me this badly as town. His slip up about saying he voted for the duel on day one because of my case on ADK when I had actually made a case on DatSwan also feels like a mistake much more likely to come from a scum joth trying to come up with a fake justification for a vote than from a town joth trying to decide how to vote.

If I was trying to stay alive I would %100 have voted against this duel. If I was scum my best defense against that case would not have been to turn on joth. That would have been a stupid play. It would have been better to either deflect to someone else or just ignore joth's case and let it blow over (which it more or less did, at least day one.) Because making a case on the person making a case on you looks scummy, and I'm aware of this, whether I'm scum or town. As town, I opted to do it anyway because finding scum is more important than keeping myself alive. As scum I absolutely would not have.

Joth is also aware of this, which is why he made his case on me out of no where before I could make a case on him. I still think this is the most plausible scenario - joth knows I can read him well enough that I'm going to start suspecting him eventually, so he makes a pre-emptive case on me to make my eventual turn on him look like OMGUS.

Oh I see. So in fact, I actually OMGUS'd you by voting for you BEFORE you voted for me.

This is like when one little kid says "you're copying me" and the other one says "no you're copying me, but backwards"

He/him

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: September 12, 2019, 05:48:18 pm »

I voted no duel. Based on my reads I thought it was town versus potential town. I also feel like I have a stronger scum read on other players. I wanted to explore those other options.

Also misunderstood the PR rules. I thought scum had about 27% chance of receiving a PR to use.

FNG

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: September 12, 2019, 05:54:47 pm »

I voted no duel. Based on my reads I thought it was town versus potential town. I also feel like I have a stronger scum read on other players. I wanted to explore those other options.

Also misunderstood the PR rules. I thought scum had about 27% chance of receiving a PR to use.

What other options did you want to explore?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: September 12, 2019, 06:10:29 pm »

What other options did you want to explore?

Of those who have voted in this duel, Awaclus.
FNG
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 65  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 19 queries.