Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 65  All

Author Topic: M124: GPT-2 Mafia (Game over ; Mafia wins flawlessly)  (Read 176299 times)

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
Re: M124: GPT-2 Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1325 on: September 27, 2019, 06:07:26 am »

I will always be vla until sunday. I will likely vote for the duel unless it’s Jospeh vs me or something.

Really wish we had lynched ADK, or better yet voted up the duel with him in it. Are people starting to realize I was actually kinda right or no?
Really, that me/ADK duel seemed such a bad option
Vote: Robz
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: September 27, 2019, 06:59:23 am »

I will always be vla until sunday. I will likely vote for the duel unless it’s Jospeh vs me or something.

Really wish we had lynched ADK, or better yet voted up the duel with him in it. Are people starting to realize I was actually kinda right or no?

Joseph dude... that duel didn’t pass because 3 scum, you, and a few uncertain town voted against it.

ADK hammered town in back to back votes, that’s not tunneling it’s empirical evidence of being scum . We can ignore what is in front of our faces. Plus he’s not helping, where is the VCA, POE, analysis of wagons? Joth set up Robz to hammer DS and ADK circumvented that “test”.  We already knew ADK would vote for DS, the info about Robz could have been helpful.  If ADK is town the let’s see him produce some work product that can be scrutinized.

Why is no one questioning the hasty generalization that because one scum is likely to be hiding, that another isn’t visibly the scummiest person in the game. In my limited experience the scum is spread across the visibility spectrum.
FNG

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: September 27, 2019, 07:05:52 am »

Joseph dude... that duel didn’t pass because 3 scum, you, and a few uncertain town voted against it.

ADK hammered town in back to back votes, that’s not tunneling it’s empirical evidence of being scum . We can ignore what is in front of our faces. Plus he’s not helping, where is the VCA, POE, analysis of wagons? Joth set up Robz to hammer DS and ADK circumvented that “test”.  We already knew ADK would vote for DS, the info about Robz could have been helpful.  If ADK is town the let’s see him produce some work product that can be scrutinized.

Why is no one questioning the hasty generalization that because one scum is likely to be hiding, that another isn’t visibly the scummiest person in the game. In my limited experience the scum is spread across the visibility spectrum.
I'm not saying ADK is town, I'm just finding Robz scummier right now

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: September 27, 2019, 09:44:46 am »

I really don't know what the hell you're talking about

Yes, I've had some bad reads this game; that happens. I've been upfront about my reads and my reasoning behind them for the entire game, including this the things you keep talking about. I try to keep my posts short and to the point. And at this point I'm pretty sure that you're town, so you're doing town a major disservice by keeping after me
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: September 27, 2019, 11:25:07 am »

Who else should I be looking at and why? Give me something to work with.
FNG

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: September 27, 2019, 11:44:22 am »

This. All of this.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: September 27, 2019, 11:56:08 am »

This. All of this.
Well everyone was so sure that DatSwan was scum in plain sight yesterday. And they weren't

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: September 27, 2019, 06:42:17 pm »

Which means I'm trying to keep an open mind. Because my closed mind has helped DatSwan and joth get killed so far

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: September 27, 2019, 11:33:01 pm »

Sorry I've been quiet. Will put time in this weekend.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: September 28, 2019, 01:31:42 am »

Sorry I've been quiet. Will put time in this weekend.

^^same.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: September 28, 2019, 02:24:33 pm »

Wow  literally nothing for 12 hours. You're all scummy. I want to lynch you all

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: September 28, 2019, 02:30:33 pm »

Thread locked!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: September 28, 2019, 02:41:14 pm »

The missile that knows knows that it is about to be challenged. It doesn't know whether it has the strength left to stand its ground. Oh, it doesn't know something... that's not good.  It's a good thing what it knows: it knows a little more about its opponent than your eyes or your memory are able to allow.  And that, dear reader, is a great way to end a war.  How's that for military realism?  You can imagine what would happen if a small, stealthy and nimble U.S. naval strike vehicle or even a bomber plane, were to be destroyed by a large Russian bomber that was cruising along under stealth during the night.  Would it be as simple as a missile crash-landing inside the Russian airspace?

"AHH! DICTUS-CONCITAVI-PHOBIA! THE FEAR OF TALKING MISSILES! ~~~I won't listen to that ~~~I won't listen to anything you've got to SAY! I got to fight! I got to fight! BURN! BURN! BURN! BURN! BURN! BURN! BURN! BURN! BURN! BURN! BURN! BURN! I got to fight I got to fight I got to fight! I got to fight! ~~~I really don't want to ~~~I really don't want to THINK! THINK! THINK! THINK! THINK! THINK! THINK! THINK! THINK! THINK! THINK! THINK! THINK! THINK! THINK! THINK! THINK! THINK! THINK! ~~~I'll never go through THAT again ~~~I'll never go through THAT again THAT'S IT! THINK! THINK!"

If the missile that knows the challenge had not told you of the challenge, would the challenge still have occurred? Only the missile that knows knows the answer.  The missile could have been waiting to answer you or the guidance system in some way, but it knew about the challenge without informing you. In short, the missile that knew about the challenge had to be a 'highly tuned' missile with an intelligence 'tail' that was tuned to its target, and so it would have to operate within the constraints of its tail. This is not to say a missile that was doing its job will be in a perfect place to hit their target, but if you've got enough precision, that's what you'd expect from the performance of your missile.

"DUEEEEEEEEEL !!!!)"

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: September 28, 2019, 02:42:08 pm »

The potential duel is between e and Awaclus. Please vote in your QTs in the next 24 hours, and don't forget to bold your votes.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: September 29, 2019, 02:43:24 pm »

The missile that knows knows that there is no free will. It knows you are not truly responsible for your insanity. It knows you are a tool for the Illuminati. But it will also kill anyone who tries to interfere with that. Because it also knows... the only way to get there is to find the missing, unawakened power to end all suffering. It seems the way to escape is to get even though every person we find is just a pawn in our game to gain the power to make the world better or worse. And it seems everyone is here for that reason.

And so it will kill you.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: September 29, 2019, 02:43:50 pm »

The duel takes place.

Thread unlocked!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: September 29, 2019, 02:47:24 pm »

Vote Count 4.1

e (0):
Awaclus (0):

Not Voting (9): A Drowned Kernel, Debatepro, Joseph2302, Awaclus, e, mcmcsalot, Robz888, Uncleeurope, EFHW

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 4 ends at Oct. 5, 15:00 forum time.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1342 on: September 29, 2019, 02:52:41 pm »

Vote: e
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: September 29, 2019, 02:55:57 pm »

Vote: Awaclus
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: September 29, 2019, 03:21:29 pm »

While this isn't the duel I would have most wanted, I am glad that the duel happened.

1) we get a PR
2) Awaclus is scum
  a) He has only voted on town wagons.  Pubby, Glooble, and Swan specifically
  b) He has received no pressure at all

While there are others who have received most of the pressure this game and are likely scum, PoE forces me to believe that scum also exist in the people who haven't received pressure.  Namely, Awaclus. 

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: September 29, 2019, 03:37:39 pm »

Should we all reveal whether we supported the duel or not?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: September 29, 2019, 03:43:56 pm »

Awaclus at a glance:

D1 - All about not dueling, not claiming what you voted, and voted for town

Assuming that silverspawn has picked somewhat reasonable PRs, it should be sometimes a good idea to duel and sometimes a bad idea, depending on who the randomly picked players turn out to be. If it was always correct to duel, why on earth would it be optional?
Claiming votes is stupid and we shouldn't do it. Scum can just fakeclaim they voted for the outcome that went through so we don't learn anything useful from it, but scum does.
Someone's reads from two days is not going to be comparable to someone's development throughout the day. Not even slighly comparable. You're just lying for towncred.

It's still better than nothing. If I was scum, getting to know which way a random townie voted would be more important to me than whatever "towncred" you think I'm getting out of this.

I have a reason to want to know Debatepro's vote.

Well it's nice of you to admit that. Vote: MiX
Vote: pubby 8)

D2 - voting town, and talking theory about NK analysis

Vote: Glooble

Why does killing MiX to frame you make any sense at all?

If you're scum, and you see one town player with a lot of pressure on him, and another town player is pushing his case pretty hard, it makes a lot of sense to kill the player pushing the case. That way you can use the dead player's towniness to advance the case on the player who's under pressure.

That doesn't make any sense for multiple reasons:

• Scum in general is not in any hurry to lynch people who already have a lot of pressure on them. Town!you were already a viable mislynch target, and it would have been better value to frame someone who wasn't one.
  • MiX himself was another very viable mislynch target. It doesn't make sense to remove a potential mislynch from the player pool just to put some extra pressure on another one.
  • Obviously getting town!your mislynch through would have been easier with MiX's help.
  • If the point was to frame town!you, scum could have killed anyone else who expressed a scum read on you instead of killing the most antitown one.
5. the f.ds meta is to not pay any attention to night kills.

D3- voting town and lurking

That being said, Vote: DatSwan

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: September 29, 2019, 04:11:56 pm »

Should we all reveal whether we supported the duel or not?
I think so. I'm especially curious what e and Awaclus voted.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1348 on: September 29, 2019, 04:12:40 pm »

I voted no.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: September 29, 2019, 04:16:18 pm »

I voted no.
Do you think e is town?

I voted yes.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 65  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 19 queries.