Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Treasure Cards - When You Play This  (Read 2775 times)

Gubump

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
Treasure Cards - When You Play This
« on: May 29, 2019, 02:52:20 am »
+1

Why do Treasure cards with special effects always say "when you play this?" Action and Night cards don't say that, so isn't that kind of implied?
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25672
    • View Profile
Re: Treasure Cards - When You Play This
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 06:16:52 am »
+4

Why do Treasure cards with special effects always say "when you play this?" Action and Night cards don't say that, so isn't that kind of implied?
Back when it seemed important for making it clear how the cards work. It would be great if they didn't say that; it eats up space on a bunch of Treasures.

crj

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1644
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 04:38:44 pm »
+1

Out of interest, did you contemplate dropping that wording for the new printing?

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25672
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 04:55:46 pm »
+1

Out of interest, did you contemplate dropping that wording for the new printing?
I've considered it, but if I do it, there will forever be people who have them both ways. They get Prosperity with "when you play" but Empires without it, you know. I don't know, maybe that's fine, but I decided against it when we just slightly tweaked Prosperity's layout.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.37 seconds with 20 queries.