Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Dominion: Resurgence (my fan expansion)  (Read 13614 times)

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1379
    • View Profile
Re: The Resurgence of Dominion: Resurgence (my fan expansion)
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2019, 05:02:29 am »

Hmmm, an attacking village. I'm not sure I like the dynamics of that.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2019, 08:03:02 am »

Fountain Gargoyle should be orange-green, without white.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2019, 12:51:24 am »

Hmmm, an attacking village. I'm not sure I like the dynamics of that.

It only attacks every other play on any turn since when someone plays a second Goblin City, his opponent(s) will (probably) have a ruins in their hand to discard.

All of the above cards except Gargoyle should have the Looter type.
Right about Vandal and Goblin City (Auditor doesn't need it either). will fix. I just forgot to add it.

And here are the last four normal kingdom card piles (next post will be the events and landmarks):

Miner
$4 Action
+$1.
Reveal the top 4 cards of your deck. Put a revealed treasure into your hand. Discard one other revealed card. Put the rest back in any order.
Kingdom Restoration
$5 Action
+1 Action.
You may discard the top card of your deck. Then look through your discard pile and put up to two cards from it on top of your deck. Then +1 Card.
-
During your buy phase, you may pay $1 to return a card from the trash pile to the supply.
Ancient Temple
$5 Action
+1 Action.
Discard a card. Gain a card costing up to $4, putting it in your hand.
Ancestral Crypt
$5 Action-Victory
+1 Card.
Trash up to two cards from your hand. For each card you trash that costs more than $0, take a coin token.
-
Worth 1 VP.
This one has been tested a lot, but it's a bit weak. I'm thinking about making it worth 2VP.
Miner, Kingdom Restoration, and Ancestral Crypt were three of the first cards made for this expansion. (Ancient Temple is not as old but still came before Sculptor so I'm keeping it).

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1971
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2019, 06:31:44 pm »

I don't think Kingdom Restoration should have the line. In the official cards like Scheme, anything that hinges on playing the card is above the line, even if it doesn't come into effect immediately.

Ancestral Crypt seems odd to me. The +1 Card is weird, and the VP seems tacked on.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 06:34:53 pm by Commodore Chuckles »

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1379
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2019, 06:47:42 pm »

If you have cost reduction, Ancient Temple can empty its own pile in one turn. I don't know how dangerous you think that is.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2019, 11:41:16 pm »

If you have cost reduction, Ancient Temple can empty its own pile in one turn. I don't know how dangerous you think that is.
Didn't think about that. It's easy enough to add "that isn't an Ancient Temple" to "Gain a card costing up to ".

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2019, 11:16:15 pm »

The Resurgence Events and Landmarks:

Salavage Site
$1 - Event
Discard any number of cards from your hand. Gain a card from the trash costing up to $X, where X = 2 * the number of cards you discarded.
Unearth
$3 - Event - Preserve
+1VP. Each player gains a special ruins (you first). Set yours aside and play it at the start of your next turn.

Ancient Inheritance
$4 - Event - Preserve
Look at the top 4 cards of the Special Ruins pile. Choose one to side aside, and put your Estate token on it. (Your Estates gain the types and abilities of that card.)
(Yes, this was inspired by a recent post in the RBCI thread.)
Discovery
$5 - Event
Once per turn: The player to your left discards the bottom card of his deck. If it's a(n) ...treasure: +3 Coffers, ...victory card +3VP, ...action card, set aside a card you have in play and play it at the start of your next turn.

Astral Plane
Landmark
At the end of each turn, +1 VP if you took any VP tokens this turn.
-
At the end of the game, -1 VP for each victory card you have costing more than $5 unless it was 'set aside' or on a mat when the game ended.
Pyramid
Landmark - Preserve
Each time you play a ruins: if you have 1 ruins in play, +1 Action; if you have an even number of ruins in play, +1VP; if you have 3 ruins in play, +1 Coffers.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.