Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 62  All

Author Topic: M123: Doomsday Mafia (Town and Survivor win!)  (Read 157428 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M123: Doomsday Mafia (Night 2)
« Reply #1075 on: June 21, 2019, 10:10:43 am »

This flavor text cannot be displayed because you are using an adblocker and/or anti-tracking software. Please keep in mind that flavor text writers need the revenue from aggressive ads and from selling your collected personal data in order to keep providing the content that you love. Please disable your adblocker and/or anti-tracking software in this game.

silverspawn has been killed! They were Surveillance Capitalism, the Vanilla Townie!

Day 3 begins!

Vote Count 3.0

Not Voting (10): Glooble, MiX, DatSwan, jotheonah, pingpongsam, EFHW, 2.71828....., ashersky, gkrieg13, pubby

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 3 ends on June 28, 2019, 10:10:00 am.

Thread unlocked!
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: M123: Doomsday Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1076 on: June 21, 2019, 10:14:07 am »

Well, the bad news is my theory was completely wrong.

The good news is we're not dead.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: June 21, 2019, 10:16:12 am »

So the game is still going. That might mean there's only four scum. Or it might mean there are five, but the faust is accounting for the possibility of mafia and traitor voting for each other because of imperfect knowledge.

Either way, I'm kinda glad silver's gone because it's going to make for a very informative re-read. I was really expecting to come into today with the same WIFOM I was facing yesterday, but it looks like it's going to be a different WIFOM.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: June 21, 2019, 10:16:58 am »

I'll do a re-read over the weekend.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1079 on: June 21, 2019, 10:17:52 am »

I want to apologize to everyone for that hammer. I shouldn't have dropped it. My only defense is I panicked.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: June 21, 2019, 10:24:16 am »

I want to apologize to everyone for that hammer. I shouldn't have dropped it. My only defense is I panicked.

I love that hammer. Mcmc was super towny after D1 and it's a disgrace that we couldn't use it. Also we were between 2 town.

Scum killed ss because he's not third-party. In this glorious day we have a scum majority (since no SK).

We need a flawless town game from here on: it's offically worse than LyLo. I really wish I was scum.

Glooble's scum because everyone defended him and he feels guilt from a great hammer.

Vote: Glooble, can't bold just in case scum piles.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1081 on: June 21, 2019, 10:32:45 am »

Narcissistic as this sounds, I think a big part of why they killed silverspawn was to frame me. And to throw off any townies trying to predict their kill.

He/ Him

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: June 21, 2019, 10:33:20 am »

So the game is still going. That might mean there's only four scum. Or it might mean there are five, but the faust is accounting for the possibility of mafia and traitor voting for each other because of imperfect knowledge.

Either way, I'm kinda glad silver's gone because it's going to make for a very informative re-read. I was really expecting to come into today with the same WIFOM I was facing yesterday, but it looks like it's going to be a different WIFOM.

Aren’t we guaranteed to be at only 4 scum?  If third party chose mafia, it’s 5v5 so town is endgamed. Town can’t lynch anyone without a scum vote, so game over.

It’s bleak, but there’s still a chance.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1083 on: June 21, 2019, 10:44:16 am »

Narcissistic as this sounds, I think a big part of why they killed silverspawn was to frame me. And to throw off any townies trying to predict their kill.

Actually never mind, this doesn't make any sense. Scum!Glooble just doesn't kill silverspawn. If I were on the scum team, they'd keep silverspawn alive so I could build on my case from yesterday and get him lynched.

He/ Him

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: June 21, 2019, 10:45:36 am »

joth and ash are obviously scum can we please lynch them already.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: June 21, 2019, 10:47:41 am »

Aren’t we guaranteed to be at only 4 scum?  If third party chose mafia, it’s 5v5 so town is endgamed. Town can’t lynch anyone without a scum vote, so game over.

Does this mean there's a reporter? Can town even win here? We need to lynch 4 scum in a row.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: June 21, 2019, 10:48:07 am »

I don't want to explain my thought process because that could be bad, but in this setup I'm not sure 5v5=endgamed. And I think we should stop talking about this.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: June 21, 2019, 10:48:33 am »

pubby's contributions continue to be as helpful as they are verbose

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: June 21, 2019, 10:49:50 am »

Does this mean there's a reporter? Can town even win here? We need to lynch 4 scum in a row.

On the other hand, we have a 40% chance of hitting scum if we just throw a dart, and we have two new town flips and 45 pages of mafia to analyze. So I think there's reason for optimism!

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: June 21, 2019, 10:53:51 am »

actually, with a max of 1 scum in the neighborhood and now only 7 living players not in the neighborhood, we have either a 3/7 or a 4/7 chance of hitting scum if we lynch outside the neighborhood. so today I'm feeling a lot better about DatSwan's math that I was arguing with him about yesterday.

OTOH silver was the main advocate for lynching in the neighborhood and they killed him, so either scum is really worried about us lynching in the neighborhood, or they want us to think they are because there's no scum in the neighborhood. So ... that's not that helpful.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: June 21, 2019, 10:57:51 am »

With 4 scum

Lynching randomly = 40% chance of hitting scum
Lynching randomly in neighborhood = either 0% or 33% chance of hitting scum
Lynching randomly outside the neighborhood = either 43% or 57% chance of hitting scum

With 5 scum

Lynching randomly = 50% chance of hitting scum
Lynching randomly in neighborhood = either 0% or 33% chance of hitting scum
Lynching randomly outside the neighborhood = either 57% or 71% chance of hitting scum

So there's literally no universe in which lynching in the neighborhood today makes sense from a purely mathematic standpoint.

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: June 21, 2019, 11:02:02 am »

I don't want to explain my thought process because that could be bad, but in this setup I'm not sure 5v5=endgamed. And I think we should stop talking about this.

This is correct, I hate that this is correct, and there is exactly one scenario where this is right and it involves scum misplay (however, the misplay's due to lack of information, so it's fair that said misplay happens).

pubby's contributions continue to be as helpful as they are verbose

pubby's scum that cultivated a bad town meta and is reaping it this game.

actually, with a max of 1 scum in the neighborhood and now only 7 living players not in the neighborhood, we have either a 3/7 or a 4/7 chance of hitting scum if we lynch outside the neighborhood. so today I'm feeling a lot better about DatSwan's math that I was arguing with him about yesterday.

The math was already really good, you were just blind before. Anyway, welcome to the club.

OTOH silver was the main advocate for lynching in the neighborhood and they killed him, so either scum is really worried about us lynching in the neighborhood, or they want us to think they are because there's no scum in the neighborhood. So ... that's not that helpful.

ss claimed non-third-party. That would be enough for me to think they're not third party. I assume it would also be enough for scum.

On the other hand, we have a 40% chance of hitting scum if we just throw a dart, and we have two new town flips and 45 pages of mafia to analyze. So I think there's reason for optimism!

If we get a reporter claim we can PoE everything (and say how much of a mistake it was to pick reporter, a traitor would've won by now), without one we have basically lost. So, can they claim? Pretty please? Worst case scenario we get a conflict.

So there's literally no universe in which lynching in the neighborhood today makes sense from a purely mathematic standpoint.

Never was, even yesterday.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: June 21, 2019, 11:12:43 am »

That's funny, I was thinking maybe you chose reporter. You seemed so hopeless Day 2.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: June 21, 2019, 11:16:17 am »

Reporter is only one result better than Even Night Tracker, and the tracker would be town-aligned. But having tracker results doesn't guarantee POE. Why are you focused on that in particular?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: June 21, 2019, 11:31:43 am »

Reporter is only one result better than Even Night Tracker, and the tracker would be town-aligned. But having tracker results doesn't guarantee POE. Why are you focused on that in particular?

There's no other possible third-party that allows us to win. Which means we know it exists. That's all, I trust them to know what they're doing so they can reveal whenever.

That's funny, I was thinking maybe you chose reporter. You seemed so hopeless Day 2.

Just no good reads. And we could've lost if the third-party had chosen...pretty much any other role. So yeah I think I was justified.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1095 on: June 21, 2019, 11:47:43 am »

There's no other possible third-party that allows us to win. Which means we know it exists. That's all, I trust them to know what they're doing so they can reveal whenever.

That's not technically true. We could have a Serial Killer who was somehow blocked both nights.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1096 on: June 21, 2019, 11:50:02 am »

Or even got through one night but the scum kill was blocked that night.

He/ Him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: June 21, 2019, 11:55:47 am »

Or keeps choosing the same targets as scum.

He/him

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: June 21, 2019, 12:15:05 pm »

Right, so why is MiX so sure there is only one possibility?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: June 21, 2019, 12:19:08 pm »

I would love it if we finally lynched MiX today. But I want to do a reread and see if a slam dunk case emerges.

But yeah, MiX continues to say things and jump to conclusions that are just a little off.

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 62  All

Page created in 0.615 seconds with 20 queries.