Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 62  All

Author Topic: M123: Doomsday Mafia (Town and Survivor win!)  (Read 154838 times)

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: M123: Doomsday Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #850 on: June 17, 2019, 02:15:03 pm »

I did read it, and I thought not mentioning what the second person (ash) thought of joth meant it was joth.

What?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M123: Doomsday Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #851 on: June 17, 2019, 02:15:13 pm »

The degree to which that scum slip is not a scum slip is quite enormous.

And why is that? Tell me how town makes that mistake.

They don't read EFHW's post properly.

So MiX is town who is sincerely interested in guessing who's in the neighborhood, but doesn't take the time to carefully read the ONE post that contains clues to who's in the neighborhood? You must not think much of MiX's play abilities.

All I can say is that this could easily happen to me.

...because you're also scum?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #852 on: June 17, 2019, 02:15:34 pm »

I read that sentence like four times and I have no idea what it means.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: June 17, 2019, 02:16:51 pm »

It means he sincerely thought that the neighborhood was sitting around talking about which one of themselves to target with their consensus-based vigs. Which is patently ridiculous.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: June 17, 2019, 02:17:57 pm »

The fact that MiX doesn't claim not to have missed it makes me more willing to consider that it was a scum slip.

The problem is though that it only makes a little bit more sense as scum than town, so it's fairly weak evidence. But I might concede that it's non-negligible.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: June 17, 2019, 02:18:59 pm »

This defensiveness is, however.

No.

For me this said "it's not scummy because third-pary/PRs want to defend themselves too", otherwise you would've written much more.

That is very creative.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: June 17, 2019, 02:19:11 pm »

Yes, this is true, this is obviously true, and if you ever try to say that scum!me would say what I said above hoping people would forget Glooble's the one that questioned it then you have the polar opposite of what I do as scum. Or anyone, really, who would do this on purpose?

So what WOULD scum!you post in response to Glooble catching your mistake? I think what you posted is a decent attempt at covering.

Scum!me would acknowledge that it's a good reason to scumread me because mistakes = scummy. Town!me knows better.

I did read it, and I thought not mentioning what the second person (ash) thought of joth meant it was joth.

What?

EFHW suggested Glooble and joth and the second person didn't want Glooble and suggested MiX. But what about joth? EFHW didn't talk about him again or what the hood thought of him. Thus I concluded the second person was joth. Get it now?

It means he sincerely thought that the neighborhood was sitting around talking about which one of themselves to target with their consensus-based vigs. Which is patently ridiculous.

There's 3 people in it, they can definitely overpower one of the neighbors.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: June 17, 2019, 02:22:38 pm »

Ok, I think I'm done going back and forth on this. Maybe other people who show up will see this my way.

As pubby would say, I don't see my vote moving again today.

He/him

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: June 17, 2019, 02:27:36 pm »

So, your case is that MiX didn't pay attention to my post about deciding who to target?

I'm confused by his comment that scum would know 4 people who couldn't be in the neighborhood. What 4?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: June 17, 2019, 02:29:06 pm »

Was it MiX who made the "mafia knows traitor " mistake earlier?

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: June 17, 2019, 02:31:54 pm »

So, your case is that MiX didn't pay attention to my post about deciding who to target?

I'm confused by his comment that scum would know 4 people who couldn't be in the neighborhood. What 4?

I first counted traitor, and then I realized I could count myself instead! You know given I claimed to not be neighbor at the time.

Was it MiX who made the "mafia knows traitor " mistake earlier?

That was joth.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: June 17, 2019, 02:36:27 pm »

Ok, I think I'm done going back and forth on this. Maybe other people who show up will see this my way.

As pubby would say, I don't see my vote moving again today.

ok.  doing an iso of MiX then.

Just finished reading mcmc.  not much there, but more than me.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: June 17, 2019, 02:38:47 pm »

Joth, your theory only works if there is also scum in the neighborhood.  If there isn't,  scum!MiX wouldn't know any more than the rest of you and would have paid attention to my post.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: June 17, 2019, 02:40:39 pm »

Clearly a scum slip because scum!joth knows that there is scum in the neighborhood.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: June 17, 2019, 02:42:24 pm »

To be fair, survivor will pretty much always side with mafia if we mislynch today

No. That depends on the survivor. Some survivors don't just have winning as a goal, but would rather win with town.

So has everyone reached the "lynch outside the hood" scenario?

No no no. We lynch DatSwan or ash

Are you high? Even if you want to lynch inside the hood there is wayyyyyy more of a skum narrative for EFHW than either Ash or myself
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #865 on: June 17, 2019, 02:45:44 pm »

To be fair, survivor will pretty much always side with mafia if we mislynch today

No. That depends on the survivor. Some survivors don't just have winning as a goal, but would rather win with town.

So has everyone reached the "lynch outside the hood" scenario?

No no no. We lynch DatSwan or ash

Are you high? Even if you want to lynch inside the hood there is wayyyyyy more of a skum narrative for EFHW than either Ash or myself

Why does scum!EFHW out the neighborhood? I'm struggling to see the narrative there, but open to the possibility that I'm missing something obvious.

He/ Him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: June 17, 2019, 02:53:37 pm »

Clearly a scum slip because scum!joth knows that there is scum in the neighborhood.

Hoping this is sarcasm. But yes, the theory hinges on there being scum in the neighborhood.

He/him

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: June 17, 2019, 02:54:51 pm »

Hoping this is sarcasm. But yes, the theory hinges on there being scum in the neighborhood.
If you are that convinced that there is scum in the neighborhood, why haven't you said so?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: June 17, 2019, 03:01:42 pm »

MiX - I do not see him as part of the normal scum team at all.  Maybe he is a traitor, but if he is he doesn't know who they are.  MiX is playing like a team all of his own.  In a townie way though.  Knows what he is posting, knows people might find it scummy, but sticks to it because that is who he is.  I respect that.  And think it is townie.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: June 17, 2019, 03:02:12 pm »

MiX thinks Glooble is scum.  On to them next.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: June 17, 2019, 03:02:53 pm »

If you are that convinced that there is scum in the neighborhood, why haven't you said so?

I think you're misunderstanding me. I think what MiX did only makes sense in one scenario: MiX is scum and there's scum in the neighborhood. If there's not scum in the neighborhood, then I have no explanation for MiX's scumslip. So scum in the neighborhood follows from my case, not the other way around. Which makes it less relevant right now, because I think we lynch MiX first. If he flips scum, then we start looking for his partner in the neighborhood?

But also, I've said, or at least implied, several times that I think there's scum in the neighborhood based on everyone's reactions to the neighbor reveal and the claim plans. I can quote those posts if you like.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: June 17, 2019, 03:06:19 pm »

Here's one:

So it's EFHW/ash/Swan... most likely they're 3 town, since I don't think any of them would pick survivor. Of these 3...yes, I suppose Swan's the scummiest, but I would sooner lynch EFHW...which revealed this information at my request. I think we just outed 3 town. Thank you EFHW.

I need to get a Glooble case ASAP.

This is a scummy reaction to EFHW’s claim and reveal. Once again, MiX is trying to proactively derail a town plan that might put his partners. Who jumps to “they’re obviously all town” like that? Like, that fast. He doesn’t even consider there’s scum there.

vote: MiX

And then here's the other one:

Here's another way to think about it:

How bad is it for scum if they do have one person in the neighborhood and we lynch within the neighborhood?
How good is it for them if the neighborhood is all town and we lynch within the neighborhood?

I think if B were true we'd have someone strongly advocating for that, since it guarantees a waste of several lynches AND keeps the lynch from hitting the traitor in the event that mafia doesn't know who they are (the traitor can't be a neighbor, right?). I think if A were true we'd see someone strongly advocating for lynching outside the neighborhood, since even though 1/3 = 3/9 mathematically, in reality having six options for mislynch is very much preferably to having 2, especially when one of those two is EFHW, who everyone seems to be generally townreading.

Anyway, what we've seen is nobody, except maybe silver, pushing particularly hard for lynching in neighborhood. DatSwan, gkrieg, and MiX have all advocated somewhat strongly for lynching outside of it.

PPE: a whole bunch

Apparently this was confusingly written, but TL;DR if there's scum in the neighborhood I'd expect some energy to be expended toward getting us to lynch outside the neighborhood, and in fact that is happening. More importantly, if there's no scum in the neighborhood I'd expect there to be more energy toward getting us to lynch in the neighborhood. Therefore, I think scum in the neighborhood is more likely.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: June 17, 2019, 03:07:25 pm »

MiX - I do not see him as part of the normal scum team at all.  Maybe he is a traitor, but if he is he doesn't know who they are.  MiX is playing like a team all of his own.  In a townie way though.  Knows what he is posting, knows people might find it scummy, but sticks to it because that is who he is.  I respect that.  And think it is townie.

Are we playing with the same MiX? Yikes.

He/him

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: June 17, 2019, 03:10:03 pm »

Are we playing with the same MiX? Yikes.

Well, you have some OMGUS going for you.  I have the independent perspective having lurked this entire game.  Doesn't make my perspective any better/worse than yours, just different.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: June 17, 2019, 03:11:43 pm »

Also, Glooble is town.

Or really helpful scum.

But I think town.

Everything they have done has been useful, pushing the game along, clarifying comments from other people.  Basically, they have had 95% positive impact, and I think they are town for it.  The 5% is in case I missed something not obvious.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 62  All

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 21 queries.