Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 62  All

Author Topic: M123: Doomsday Mafia (Town and Survivor win!)  (Read 154879 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: M123: Doomsday Mafia (Night 1)
« Reply #575 on: June 12, 2019, 11:48:25 am »

PPE: I think it's both Glooble and joth here.

Interesting, why?

Haven't reread much but my scumread on joth still hasn't faded. Glooble mostly because I read twin interactions as scummy.

I feel like there's a good chance MiX came into the scum QT with "my meta is basically endlessly fighting with joth even when we're both town, so I'm gonna hard commit to that"

You have a real scum game of me, you can see what I think and act...and it's not this.

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 12, 2019, 12:31:05 pm »

I wonder if e is a neighbor and prompted the kill on eddie.

vote: joth

Not changing my vote, etc etc. Should have stuck with my gut.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 12, 2019, 12:51:09 pm »

I wonder if e is a neighbor and prompted the kill on eddie.

? Why?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M123: Doomsday Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #578 on: June 12, 2019, 01:26:00 pm »

Well, let’s try it.

vote: MiX

Yeah, there’s not enough time Eddie. Let’s go back to vote: debate

This was a waste of time that made you not look like the first person on board debate's wagon.

The rest of this day will be me switching votes between Glooble and joth.

Vote: joth

That was me sincerely trying to get you lynched, but everybody was asleep and it almost cost us the debate lynch. But I guess if we're gonna do this we might as well do this.

vote: MiX

This is a scummy vote.

You're a scummy vote. I'm just really tired of this me and MiX thing. It feels really played out. He scumreads me for no reason. I scumread him for no reason. We both recognize it but we do it anyway. It feels like it's every game that we play together. And then there's pubby who's literal only contribution to the game has been to pop in once a day and say how scummy I am.

Honestly, that doesn't make either of them scum. It probably makes them annoying town. But I'm just so tired of being scumread no matter what I do, especially by the same people. It would be one thing if anyone had posted anything resembling a case on me, but nope.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 12, 2019, 01:26:14 pm »

unvote I guess
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 12, 2019, 01:44:43 pm »

Unvote

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 12, 2019, 01:49:00 pm »

As with the last game, that post proved that this is town!joth, which is something that had been building up all through D1. Less sure of it because I already said how I read him, but I still think scum!joth would be different, after all he's not perfect, right?

Vote: e for my next bogus scumread.

One day I'll do a VCA. One day.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 12, 2019, 02:58:29 pm »

ugh @flips

so, is there any reason why we shouldn't have a neighborhood claim?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 12, 2019, 03:00:54 pm »

ugh @flips

Any reason we should?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 12, 2019, 03:08:29 pm »

ugh @flips

Any reason we should?

um... yeah. if there's just one neighbor, they're an IC. if there's just two neighbors and one of them flips scum, the other is an IC. etc. We get a set of players with at most one scum in it. That's big.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #585 on: June 12, 2019, 03:11:07 pm »

ugh @flips

Any reason we should?

um... yeah. if there's just one neighbor, they're an IC. if there's just two neighbors and one of them flips scum, the other is an IC. etc. We get a set of players with at most one scum in it. That's big.

Also it gives us some insight into how many PRs scum might have.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 12, 2019, 03:15:25 pm »

And I don't think there's a downside. It just seems obvious that the neighbors claim day 2 in this setup. But I want everyone to be able to point out what I'm missing if I'm missing something before  we do it.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M123: Doomsday Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #587 on: June 12, 2019, 03:54:37 pm »

I'm pro-neighbor claim but here's my caveat: One neighbor should claim, and say how many neighbors there are, first. I don't think there's necessarily a reason to out the whole neighborhood at once, especially because it does improve scum's POE for other power roles, which might be powerful.

He/him

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 12, 2019, 04:31:38 pm »

Mh.

If there is one neighbor, it doesn't make a difference.

If there are two, I think that's a bad idea, because then if the claimed person dies, we don't know who the other (scum?) is

If it's three of four, it seems like a good idea.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 12, 2019, 04:35:48 pm »

It seems to me extremely likely that scum would have chosen the neighbor option. Does anyone have a narrative where they might not have?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 12, 2019, 04:39:08 pm »

It seems to me extremely likely that scum would have chosen the neighbor option. Does anyone have a narrative where they might not have?

Scum that want to play around that? It would be one of my first choices, but not as automatic as, say, traitor knows mafia.

I really like the claim by the way, good arguments.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 12, 2019, 05:18:06 pm »

It would have been my first choice.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 12, 2019, 05:25:11 pm »

@ Neighbor Claim:

1 Neighbor - They should prob claim, we get an IC, and skum is forced to kill them off instead of PR hunting... i think that is a good play.

4 Neighbors - I doubt if there were 4 we would still be having this convo, they obviously would know a skum is in the hood, and because of that skum knows who is in the hood, so all it does is give town POV plus and then of course when we find that skum the other members are IC.

2-3 Neighbors - This is tricky. Either option gives the possibilities of [all town, town and skum] with the additional possibility of [town and survivor, or town skum survivor]. If skum is in the hood, then they have all the info... so a claim tells them nothing but helps town. If skum is not in the hood then they don’t have the info and it just helps them iso their kill selection at night.

All of that is fairly easily calculated - the important part is this:
If there are 2-3 members in the hood, and they claim, we have no idea if they are all town, or if not, which one is skum. I just don’t know if the risk/reward is there for the claim.

Like, let’s say there are 3. They claim. What do we do? Leave them alone or start lynching them? If skum is in there then it could be a good idea, but if skum is not on there, they just learned 3 people that don’t have PRs. If we decide to start lynching them we could just be throwing the game right there if they are all town.

TLDR; it all comes down to how likely we think it is that skum picked to be in the pool. When skum was choosing roles they MUST OF considered that choosing to be in the hood would put them in a potential situation where they are being hunted for based on a claim (or if there were 4 in hood)... makes me feel like it is far fetched to say “they for sure picked it”.

If there was 1 or 4 we would either already know, or we will know soon i assume.
If there are 2-3, for reasons best not discussed at this time, i do not think they should claim today.

Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 12, 2019, 05:27:06 pm »

Also, in specific regard to this neighbor claim - we generally view the possibility of a survivor as town right? Real question - pretty unfamiliar with that role.
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 12, 2019, 05:28:37 pm »

Also, in specific regard to this neighbor claim - we generally view the possibility of a survivor as town right? Real question - pretty unfamiliar with that role.

If they wanted to be scum they would pick traitor, so as of right now I'm assuming they think town has better odds of winning. Regardless we should assume the worst, and that's traitor, and given we need to kill scum I'm fine with letting survivor pass if scum neighbor flips.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 12, 2019, 06:05:20 pm »

I don't think it's obvious that scum would choose neighbor, and I don't think that it's obvious that a large or small neighborhood is less or more useful. They're all really good. Having a set of people where you know how many scum are in there is really really good. Say they're four. If we find the scum among them, we create 3 ICs just like that.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 12, 2019, 06:35:01 pm »

I don't think it's obvious that scum would choose neighbor, and I don't think that it's obvious that a large or small neighborhood is less or more useful. They're all really good. Having a set of people where you know how many scum are in there is really really good. Say they're four. If we find the scum among them, we create 3 ICs just like that.

Right - if there is 1 or 4 they should claim. 2-3 is the part i have an issue with
real good. That’s how

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 12, 2019, 07:09:06 pm »

If 3 or 4 are still alive, we can delay the claim one day. But let's not risk not having it.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 12, 2019, 07:11:09 pm »

If 3 or 4 are still alive, we can delay the claim one day. But let's not risk not having it.

How could you risk not having it? There's no way all neighbors die at the same time.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 12, 2019, 07:14:14 pm »

If two are alive now, one scum and one town, and the town gets NKd, we risk not having it, because the scum would just not claim. That's why we should only claim if 3 or 4 are still alive right now: as you said, we won't have two deaths at the same time, and there is at most one scum. So if 3 are still alive today, then at least 1 town is still alive tomorrow
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 62  All

Page created in 1.032 seconds with 20 queries.