Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 62  All

Author Topic: M123: Doomsday Mafia (Town and Survivor win!)  (Read 154794 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: M123: Doomsday Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #425 on: June 09, 2019, 07:08:29 pm »

I refuse to unvote pubby until they at least try to do something. If they're this quick to give up then we might as well lynch them.

Leaving for the night, so while I sleep Vote: pubby. Okay, we're not lynching joth, nor e, nor EFHW, nor gkrieg...I think the only other person I would lynch is Glooble?

Have fun guys!

Vote: pubby so it's more visible

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 09, 2019, 07:09:55 pm »

I prefer debate, but if that proves to be a non starter, I'll consolidate elsewhere in time to be useful. I can't be on at deadline.

PPE: I would vote Glooble

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #427 on: June 09, 2019, 07:12:15 pm »

I can be on at deadline.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 09, 2019, 07:15:11 pm »

I'll be on later this evening as well as at deadline. My only concern with the pubby wagon is that it's so lazy, but I'll vote there if necessary to get a lynch
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 09, 2019, 07:16:45 pm »

I just saw pubby's post up there. It makes me want to vote him a lot less.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #430 on: June 09, 2019, 07:22:22 pm »

Why? Curious, cause it made me want to vote him more.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 09, 2019, 07:28:02 pm »

So when I flip town, you will have waited all this time on me.

Classic scum phrasing for real though.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 09, 2019, 07:32:57 pm »

I guess I could switch to pubby. If we’re doomed to have a crappy consensus lynch, it may as well be not me.

It’s not really clear to me how much my head is on the proverbial block though. Seems like not very much, but if there’s an “oh crap it’s deadline let’s pile on the largest wagon” moment, it feels like that could hit me.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 09, 2019, 07:44:23 pm »

vote: pubby

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 09, 2019, 07:45:48 pm »

He's sticking to his guns, when I would expect scum to either go completely silent or backpedal.

They're kind of crappy guns, but he's sticking to them
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #435 on: June 09, 2019, 07:57:27 pm »

He's sticking to his guns, when I would expect scum to either go completely silent or backpedal.

If pubby had said all of the things he's been saying and than also laid out an actual case on joth, I'd probably be townreading him. But this is his supposedly air-tight, "not likely to move" case:

@pubby, explain your vote and I'll probably sheep you.
I think joth is trying harder than anyone else to appear innocent. I don't believe him when he says he's not "into" this game - I mean, he had opinions about voting blocs and strategy and even tallied up the votes for everyone.

But if he is town, I won't feel terrible if he's lynched. Because again, I'd rather lynch the guy who's not feeling the game than a player more involved.

That does not seem to me like a case that's worth plopping down with a week to deadline and then calling it a day.

If pubby is scumreading joth so strongly, why isn't he trying to get others to vote for him? Why isn't he engaging with joth and trying to get him to slip up? If he's a towny who really thinks joth is scum, I think he'd be working to get joth lynched.

He/ Him

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 09, 2019, 08:04:05 pm »

If pubby had said all of the things he's been saying and than also laid out an actual case on joth, I'd probably be townreading him. But this is his supposedly air-tight, "not likely to move" case:

I think joth is trying harder than anyone else to appear innocent. I don't believe him when he says he's not "into" this game - I mean, he had opinions about voting blocs and strategy and even tallied up the votes for everyone.

But if he is town, I won't feel terrible if he's lynched. Because again, I'd rather lynch the guy who's not feeling the game than a player more involved.

That does not seem to me like a case that's worth plopping down with a week to deadline and then calling it a day.

If pubby is scumreading joth so strongly, why isn't he trying to get others to vote for him? Why isn't he engaging with joth and trying to get him to slip up? If he's a towny who really thinks joth is scum, I think he'd be working to get joth lynched.

I dunno. I guess the way that I'm reading pubby is that there's a lot of players in this game, it's easy to feel overwhelmed, and he found a semi-decent read and plopped himself there.

Maybe I'm protecting too much of my own feelings onto another player, but I just don't seem the scum narrative for pubby's play
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 09, 2019, 08:42:17 pm »

I refuse to unvote pubby until they at least try to do something. If they're this quick to give up then we might as well lynch them.

Reasonable. Though you moving off of pubby would leave only the joth wagon, and that’s a wagon I’m unlikely to join.

Debatepro, Eddie. You’re each on your own little wagons. Are any of the slightly larger wagons appealing to you?

Nope.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 09, 2019, 09:56:29 pm »

I don't like the pubby lynch. And Debate has been scummy, imo. The case against silver was over the top, as they say, and he feels aggressive or amped up to me. MiX was right about the reads list, too, even if he was a bit heavy handed in how he pointed out that it actually said very little.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 09, 2019, 09:57:15 pm »

vote count please

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 09, 2019, 09:57:59 pm »

I'm around for the next 30-50 minutes or so.  Any particular passages to re-read that would be useful?  I have "read" up to now, mostly skimming long posts and looking for votes and such.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 09, 2019, 10:03:27 pm »

ISO debate and tell us what you think.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 09, 2019, 10:10:01 pm »

I dunno. I guess the way that I'm reading pubby is that there's a lot of players in this game, it's easy to feel overwhelmed, and he found a semi-decent read and plopped himself there.

Maybe I'm protecting too much of my own feelings onto another player, but I just don't seem the scum narrative for pubby's play

If that’s where he is, then his ragging on me for saying I can’t get into the game comes off a bit hypocritical IMO.

He/him

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 09, 2019, 10:14:26 pm »

Town or Traitor.

A majority of their posts are questions (either about something or to someone), which is very faust-ian.  When faust does it, it's alignment-null, but unclear here.

I'm taking into consideration that I don't know debatepro at all (we may have played in a game together, but I honestly don't know at this point without looking).  There's a mention that they are an adult, has debate experience.  The posts that aren't questions focus on the semantics of posts (I think I'm using semantics correctly here) as much or more than the content of posts, which feels debate-y to me.

There's also the "I'm town so it's your fault if you lynch me" warning in there that someone flagged as an auto-scum-response.

Basically, I think the traitor question reads like an "I'm the traitor you guys!" post from a new-ish player trying to figure out how to play the role (incorrectly).  So traitor is on the table.

I don't see as much scumminess in the rest of the posts as compared to others, but maybe me not being directly involved in the quotes helps me there.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 09, 2019, 10:21:07 pm »

I ISOed EFHW too, since she responded to me.

Strong town read.  Nothing out of place from what I would expect from town!EFHW.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 09, 2019, 10:55:08 pm »

Just got settled in a hotel room. I can probably be around at deadline but I will be relatively ill informed, or whatever that means for D1. I’m always good for a hammer vote, though, those are fun. So count me in for hammering the popular vote if need be. Maybe ash and I can race for old times’ sake.

Hopefully night lasts until I get back home and I can actually give this game some attention with some D2 information to work with.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 10, 2019, 12:24:48 am »

Town or traitor

Basically, I think the traitor question reads like an "I'm the traitor you guys!" post from a new-ish player trying to figure out how to play the role (incorrectly).  So traitor is on the table.

I don't see as much scumminess in the rest of the posts as compared to others, but maybe me not being directly involved in the quotes helps me there.

If I was assigned some role and any role, you can bet your ass I would read and research everything I could about it, like looking for other games it was deployed, before asking how it worked. It doesn’t do me any good to tip my hand. If you think it’s signaling, I wasn’t the one who started the discussion about traitor. Probably doesn’t matter, SS thinks it was towny-ish.
FNG

Debatepro

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 10, 2019, 01:23:24 am »

Vote: pubby

Reason: I certainly have given SS enough reasons to vote for me, yet he is sticking with his pubby vote. Given how much pubby has said and contributed to the game, I'm not sure scum!ss would be sticking with a pubby vote, unless they suspect a pr.
FNG

Debatepro

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 10, 2019, 01:29:44 am »

vote count please

Vote count 1.81 (unofficial)

MiX (1): pingpongsam
DatSwan (1): 2.71828.....
jotheonah (2): pubby, A Drowned Kernel
2.71828..... (1): Uncleeurope
pubby (6): silverspawn, mcmcsalot, Glooble, MiX, gkrieg13, Debatepro,
Debatepro (2): jotheonah, EFHW

Not Voting (2): DatSwan, ashersky

* My handle is misspelled in the official vote count.

** V/LA Most of the day today. Driving in a country i don't live or speak the language.
FNG

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 10, 2019, 02:29:54 am »

Have finally arrived back at home. Catching up now.

Will be around for a bit and then back for DL.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 62  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.