Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 62  All

Author Topic: M123: Doomsday Mafia (Town and Survivor win!)  (Read 154841 times)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: M123: Doomsday Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #300 on: June 07, 2019, 08:37:13 am »

Geez, I mean 1.6, sorry faust!
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 07, 2019, 08:37:37 am »

It's not just that they're few posts though, they're also scummy posts. Though admittedly I don't know much about how pubby usually sounds.

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 07, 2019, 09:22:33 am »

Reread the game.

So ash said something that appears like a contradiction and DatSwan pulled out some quotes pointing this out. Then he got heat for it. I think everyone who pointed out that this doesn't make DS scummy deserves some town points. That's at least EFHW and ash.

Do the people giving ds heat get scum points?

I'm also wary of debatepro. In my first game with them – well, I was scum and knew they were town, so it's possible I deluded myself, but I nonetheless – I got super strong town vibes from them pretty much the entire game. This time I don't. Is it just because they're not as new anymore? Very possible.

This is also interesting:

Can a friendly town person please give me a high-level explanation of what the traitor is and how it works? I've never played with one and read the mafia wiki on it, but I'm still unsure how it works in or could work in this game.

I did stuff like that as scum when I was new. Actually did it in my first scum game. But the fact that they say they've read on it in the wiki is the kind of detail that makes it more likely to be true.

The wiki literally says "A Traitor is a member of the Mafia who is separate from the main contingent of the faction. Because it is not a member of the main contingent, it is not capable of talking to the other Mafiosi and cannot perform the factional kill. Beyond this simple definition, the implementation of Traitor varies wildly between games."

Here's where I'm at right now.

Town: ADK, Gloooble, Eddie, joth
Scum: pubby

vote: pubby

The people you gave town points for DS didn't get mentioned here. Then you say 4 people are town that basically aren't mentioned in your post. Care to share why you feel ADK, Glooble, Eddie, and Joth are town?
FNG

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #303 on: June 07, 2019, 09:37:31 am »

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I'd really like DatSwan and ADK to respond to this. I know I'm discussing a previous game, and I'd like to move away from that, but I can't when it looks to me like statements made in this game, about that game, by ADK and DatSwan, are lies. Lying is always scummy, whether its about a current game or an older one. The fact that neither one has acknowledged my post makes them both seem scummier to me.

DatSwan and ADK: Why did you say DatSwan was genuinely confused about the setup last game, when your scum QT clearly shows that he understood the setup?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 07, 2019, 09:44:13 am »

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I'd really like DatSwan and ADK to respond to this. I know I'm discussing a previous game, and I'd like to move away from that, but I can't when it looks to me like statements made in this game, about that game, by ADK and DatSwan, are lies. Lying is always scummy, whether its about a current game or an older one. The fact that neither one has acknowledged my post makes them both seem scummier to me.

DatSwan and ADK: Why did you say DatSwan was genuinely confused about the setup last game, when your scum QT clearly shows that he understood the setup?

In what way does this question help you read them this game?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #305 on: June 07, 2019, 09:50:28 am »

In what way does this question help you read them this game?

I don't think town has reason to lie about anything.

Trouble is, I'm also struggling to come up with a reason for scum to lie about something so irrelevant.

But I also can't reconcile their statements with the evidence.

Also, the mere fact that ADK has posted since I made this post two days ago but hasn't acknowledged it is scummy to me in its own way. (DatSwan gets a pass, I guess, since he hasn't posted since, so its conceivable he might not have seen it.) I will often ignore votes on me if I think they're based on nothing or they're based on something I've already defended myself on, but not responding to an accusation of contradiction/lying at all is suspect.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 07, 2019, 09:57:19 am »

Do you believe ADK/Swan will answer in a way that will make you townread them more? What about in a way that will make you scumread them more (not intentionally of course)?

Your case feels like (correct me if I'm wrong) Swan and ADK were lying and you caught them in their lie, thus they're both scum. In this case, I can't see how an answer would persuade you, if this is the case, then they have already scumslipped.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 07, 2019, 09:58:34 am »

In this case, I can't see how an answer would persuade you, if this is the case, then they have already scumslipped.

This is so awfully worded that I just have to correct it: "If this is the case you're pushing, then an answer can't change anything, because they have already scumslipped."

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 07, 2019, 10:15:30 am »

Reread the game.

So ash said something that appears like a contradiction and DatSwan pulled out some quotes pointing this out. Then he got heat for it. I think everyone who pointed out that this doesn't make DS scummy deserves some town points. That's at least EFHW and ash.

Do the people giving ds heat get scum points?

No. People who sheeped the case would be more likely to get scum points, but that didn't really happen.

The people you gave town points for DS didn't get mentioned here. Then you say 4 people are town that basically aren't mentioned in your post. Care to share why you feel ADK, Glooble, Eddie, and Joth are town?

It's almost all "this sounds authentic" and "this feels like it has a town motivation behind it". Trying to explain these kinds of town reads is a pain. The DS thing isn't a big deal, it's just something.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #309 on: June 07, 2019, 10:16:16 am »

In this case, I can't see how an answer would persuade you, if this is the case, then they have already scumslipped.

This is so awfully worded that I just have to correct it: "If this is the case you're pushing, then an answer can't change anything, because they have already scumslipped."

There are several answers I would consider satisfactory. Obviously if I told you what these answers are, they would be able to just parrot them back to me, so I won't.

He/ Him

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 07, 2019, 10:51:10 am »

Honestly I may have been misremembering things. I remember at the time being frustrated because I thought that swan's setup posts were genuinely confused about things and he was attracting unnecessary attention because of it. There certainly wasn't any discussion of "I'm going to try and fake setup confusion so that people think I'm town". You're correct that the scum qt and swan's post seem to contradict each other; either swan really was faking or, as I think is possible, he just forgot between N0 and that post.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #311 on: June 07, 2019, 10:56:35 am »

Honestly I may have been misremembering things. I remember at the time being frustrated because I thought that swan's setup posts were genuinely confused about things and he was attracting unnecessary attention because of it. There certainly wasn't any discussion of "I'm going to try and fake setup confusion so that people think I'm town". You're correct that the scum qt and swan's post seem to contradict each other; either swan really was faking or, as I think is possible, he just forgot between N0 and that post.

Thanks.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #312 on: June 07, 2019, 11:01:33 am »

Pubby, can you please explain what you meant when you said you "weren't likely to change your vote" from joth? It seems to me like it was ludicrously early to make such a statement.

He/ Him

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 07, 2019, 11:49:02 am »

In-laws just arrived + work = neglect of this game. Will try to spend some time later this evening looking back over things.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 07, 2019, 12:45:16 pm »

I could go for a vote: pubby
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: June 07, 2019, 12:56:59 pm »

Please answer my question.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 07, 2019, 01:03:43 pm »

I do think MiX is playing much more loosey goosey then I have seen him in the past but I’m not sure I care to lynch him now because I think I have a good ability to read him.

I actually think I’m going to join him vote: efhw

I was serious about the voting block. And am sad that it did not succeed in working together. I think her dismissal of it is interesting.
I didn't mean to dismiss your effort. I thought it was RVS. How did you imagine it working?

Exactly as proposed, a block of players voting together for day 1. I had slight town reads of adk and pps right off the bat, there are enough scum in the game taking two people off my lynch list didn’t seem too detrimental, and I thought it’s continued use and seriousness would actually provide some pretty interesting interaction that could have been examined later on. Sadly it fell apart very quickly and I don’t think there is another way to create it that isn’t influenced by scum.

You saw this part, right?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 07, 2019, 02:09:10 pm »

I'm actually back to vote: MiX

pubby might be scum, but they (he? not actually sure of your pronouns, pubby) have bland compromise Day 1 mislynch written all over them.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 07, 2019, 02:12:09 pm »

pubby might be scum, but they (he? not actually sure of your pronouns, pubby) have bland compromise Day 1 mislynch written all over them.

This is the most uninspired vote I've seen yet, unless you have a case on me? This feels...different...from the votes I usually recieve, so I would like to know why it existed.

Agreed that you're a much better lynch, they don't act like it but if you think about it pubby's new in f.ds, and given how easy it was to mislynch him last game I would rather leave him alive for now.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 07, 2019, 02:15:07 pm »

I do think MiX is playing much more loosey goosey then I have seen him in the past but I’m not sure I care to lynch him now because I think I have a good ability to read him.

I actually think I’m going to join him vote: efhw

I was serious about the voting block. And am sad that it did not succeed in working together. I think her dismissal of it is interesting.
I didn't mean to dismiss your effort. I thought it was RVS. How did you imagine it working?

Exactly as proposed, a block of players voting together for day 1. I had slight town reads of adk and pps right off the bat, there are enough scum in the game taking two people off my lynch list didn’t seem too detrimental, and I thought it’s continued use and seriousness would actually provide some pretty interesting interaction that could have been examined later on. Sadly it fell apart very quickly and I don’t think there is another way to create it that isn’t influenced by scum.

You saw this part, right?

Yes. It's not quite an answer. I want to know what mcmc would have done if people had gone along.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 07, 2019, 02:49:04 pm »

Trying to decide if this is a partner tell or not.

I will get back to you guys.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 07, 2019, 02:49:39 pm »

Oh, and by the way, anyone else interested in killin' off our boy, e?
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 07, 2019, 02:50:13 pm »

This is the most uninspired vote I've seen yet, unless you have a case on me? This feels...different...from the votes I usually recieve, so I would like to know why it existed.

Agreed that you're a much better lynch, they don't act like it but if you think about it pubby's new in f.ds, and given how easy it was to mislynch him last game I would rather leave him alive for now.

It's the same case I had before I switched to pubby. I barely remember what it was but I remember it was solid. Let me reread.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 07, 2019, 02:50:56 pm »

On a reread:

silver is very towny
I think glooble pushing the datswan thing is towny (I don't know if he's right or not)
mix is towny

I still don't like PPS's reaction to people voting for him
e is coming off as scummy to me but I think I practically always scumread e
pubby comes off as scummy but he was such an easy mislynch last game that I kind of don't want to go there
gkrieg is a scumlord

Let me check if I'm still voting there
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 07, 2019, 02:51:01 pm »

Oh yeah, it was the way you reacted to the voting bloc idea. You seemed desperate to be included, which I concluded was most likely to come from jittery scum.

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 62  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.