Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 62  All

Author Topic: M123: Doomsday Mafia (Town and Survivor win!)  (Read 154816 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
M123: Doomsday Mafia (Town and Survivor win!)
« on: May 09, 2019, 09:37:46 am »

Welcome to M123: Doomsday Mafia!

Mod: faust, comod: WestCoastDidds

This is a semi-open setup for 15 players. For setup information see the next post.

Players:
1. Glooble
2. Debatepro
3. MiX
4. DatSwan
5. jotheonah
6. pingpongsam
7. mcmcsalot
8. EFHW
9. Uncleeurope
10. A Drowned Kernel
11. 2.71828.....
12. ashersky
13. gkrieg13
14. pubby
15. silverspawn

Spectators tagged: Joseph2302, SpaceAnemone

Subs available: Galzria, (popsofctown)

Day starts/ends:

General rules

Changes to the usual rule sets are marked in olive.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun!  Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game. Please read The Civility Pledge before signing up for any mafia game on this site.  If you have not /pledged there, you cannot play. Excessive personal attacks or uncivil behavior may be dealt with by modifiers or modkills.

1. General Gameplay and Etiquette:

1. You may not quote information (either real or fabricated) from any game-related source other than the thread you are posting in. This means no quotes from PMs and no quotes from QTs in the main thread or in another QT. Paraphrasing is acceptable. If you are unsure whether a post is legal, please ask the moderator before posting.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings and the QTs specifically designed for this purpose.
3. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 24 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.

2. Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:

1. Day phases will last 7 days, Night lasts at least 36 hours.
2. A simple majority (rounded up) of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline.
3. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate. Further votes will also be ignored.
4. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until the mod locks the thread; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
5. If the deadline is hit without a player reaching the majority of votes, the game goes to Night without a lynch.
6. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName.  Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold or do not follow this syntax! Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
7. Please submit vote revocations Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
8. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
9. If the game goes on for 3 days and 3 nights without a lynch or night kill, town wins.
10. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post in the game or in Quicktopics. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent.
11. If the thread is locked, you may not post.  Threads can be locked for various reasons, but no matter what the reason, you may not post.  The mod may forget to lock the thread, but if they say it is locked, it is still locked.

3. Miscellaneous/Mechanics:

1. Bold, olive text is reserved for the mod.  No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please discuss this in your role QT.  Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mods may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently.  Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mods so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods of missing players will be issued upon request after 24 hours of no activity.  A prodded player has 24 hours to respond or risks replacement. A player who has been prodded 2 times is subject to replacement under rule 3.9 without further notice.  If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.  Whether a prior announcement means that the missing player will not be replaced is up to the mod.
6. Please do not discuss ongoing games, it can unintentionally affect the other game. Do not discuss this game in any thread that is not directly related to it.
7. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, which may include modkill(s) if needed.
8. Players who discover they are too busy to play in a game or want to leave the game for civility issues are not allowed to officially /out in the thread.  A request to /out must only be done via a post in the role QT. Please do not use this as a manipulation technique.  (Note players may continue to threaten to /out or imply that they might as long as it does not include an official request). Requests to /out are final once submitted. There will be no /outing and then /inning back into the game so make sure that when you /out you have thought it through and really want to do it. Players that can't be replaced will simply be mod-killed. Whether your request to /out will lead to replacement or a modkill is up to the mod's discretion.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 06:24:11 am by faust »
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: M123: Doomsday Mafia
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 09:38:40 am »

Setup

This game uses Stack the Deck+, a newly designed semi-open setup based on Stack the Deck.

There will be a total of 15 players, consisting of:
3 Mafia Goons
1 Mafia Traitor
1 Third party
1 Neighbor
1 Vanilla Cop
8 VTs

Special Mechanics:

Neighborhood compulsive 1-shot Vig
During N1, the members of the Neighborhood select a target to be killed, and one of the neighbors to perform the action. If there is no consensus, the target is chosen by majority, the targeter can only be someone who agreed to the target, and is picked by majority among those. Ties are broken randomly. Self-targeting orders cannot be submitted.

Quote from: Example
A, B and C are Neighbors. They submit:

A: B targets X
B: A targets Y
C: C targets Y

Y is the majority target and is selected. All Neighbors are tied for targeting, but since A did not want to target X, they may not become the targeter. Thus targeter is randomly decided among B and C.

Role Modification
During pre-game, the Mafia Goons have 48 hours to select which (if any) of the modifications they want to their team. A maximum of four modifications may be selected.

- Traitor knows Mafia
 - Mafia knows of 2 roles not included in the setup
 - Mafia has Daychat
 - A random Mafia Goon becomes 1-shot Rolestopper
 - A random Mafia Goon becomes Neighbor
 - A random Mafia Goon becomes 1-shot Active Paranoid Gun Owner
 - A random Mafia Goon becomes Vanilla Cop
 - The Traitor becomes Roleblocker. They lose this power if they are recruited via nightkill.

For each modification that is selected by the mafia, one Vanilla Townie instead receives a randomly selected role from the list below:

- Neighbor
 - Neighbor
 - Roleblocker
 - Bodyguard
 - Even-Night Tracker
 - 1-shot Watcher
 - 1-shot Active Paranoid Gun Owner

The third party player has 48 hours to pick one of the 4 roles below. Their pick removes a corresponding role from the list of possible town roles.

- Bodyguarded Neighbor Survivor: Wins if they are still alive when the game ends. When they would be killed at Night, a random other member of the Neighborhood dies instead. Removes a Neighbor from town's list.
 - Ninja 1-shot Bulletproof Serial Killer: Wins if they are the only player left alive. Their kill cannot be detected by Trackers or Watchers. Removes town's 1-shot PGO.
 - Tracker Reporter: Wins when all power roles are dead and they are still alive. If they win, they are removed from the game. Removes the Even-Night Tracker from town's list.
 - Mafia Traitor: Shares mafia's win condition, but does not know who they are (not even if mafia selects Traitor knows mafia). The mafia does not know whether they exist. Picking this does not remove a power from town's list, but instead adds one additional role for town.

Clarifications:
- At the beginning of the game all town aligned players receive a "Vanilla Town" role. Once mafia has selected their abilities all town roles go out. This prevents claims of "received roles before/after mafia modifications".
- No player may receive more than one role/modification. This means that mafia may not choose all of the 4 modifications giving them roles.
- If a Mafia Traitor is targeted with the factional kill, they join the Mafia QT instead of dying. They may use the nightkill once they joined the QT or all original members of the Mafia QT have died.
- A Traitor Roleblocker is resolved before a Town Roleblocker.
- The Bodyguard protects their targets from all nightkills in the Night they target them.
- Traitor does not constitute a power role, but also is not Vanilla
- The Neighborhood QT is only open at Night, but not during N0.
- If all members of the mafia QT die and 2 Traitors are alive, the non-third party Traitor inherits the nightkill.
- A mafia Neighbor is able to perform the Vigilante kill and the factional kill at the same time.

Role PMs

You are a Neighbor. Each night, you may talk to your fellow Neighbors in this QT: [QT link]. For Night 1, the members of the QT must choose a target and targeter for a night kill.
You are a Vanilla Cop. Each Night, you may target another player. At the end of the Night, you will learn whether your target is a Vanilla member of their factions.
You are a Roleblocker. Each Night, you may target another player. Any action that player takes that night will fail.
You are a 1-shot Active Paranoid Gun Owner. Once during the game, at Night, you may choose to activate your powers. If you do, all players targeting you taht Night will die.
You are a 1-shot Rolestopper. Once during the game, at Night, you may target another player. All actions targeting that player will fail.
You are a Bodyguard. Each Night, you may target another player. If they would die that Night, you will die instead.
You are an Even-Night Tracker. On every even Night, you may target another player, and at the end of the Night, you will learn which player (if any) they targeted that Night.
You are a 1-shot Watcher. Once during the game, at Night, you may target another player. At the end of the Night, you will learn the names of all players that targeted them that Night.

Flavor

Every townie receives a randomly selected dystopian future as their flavor (and non-townies receive them as fakeclaims). Flavor will roughly be based around whether humanity can avoid the impending doom.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 08:57:44 am by faust »

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: M123: Doomsday Mafia (Signups open!)
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 09:52:17 am »

When would this be likely to start?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 10:00:29 am »

When would this be likely to start?
Whenever it fills. I expect not before the end of at least one of the current games, given that we need a decent amount of people.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 10:15:29 am »

/in

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 10:36:39 am »

If I understand the neighborhood correctly:

-at least one neighbor is guaranteed town
-if there are four neighbors you know for sure that one is scum
-if scum doesn't pick neighbor and no extra neighbors are rolled for town they're just a compulsive vig

Is that all right?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 10:56:43 am »

If I understand the neighborhood correctly:

-at least one neighbor is guaranteed town
-if there are four neighbors you know for sure that one is scum
-if scum doesn't pick neighbor and no extra neighbors are rolled for town they're just a compulsive vig

Is that all right?
Yes, that's all correct, the last with the caveat that it's only true if third party doesn't pick Survivor.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2019, 11:38:57 am »

Do mafia PRs count for the reporter?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2019, 12:04:02 pm »

in/ - If it begins after or around June 17 ish, WCD should join.
FNG

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2019, 12:05:32 pm »

/in because I miss Debatepro!

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2019, 12:29:35 pm »

/in
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2019, 12:47:52 pm »

Do mafia PRs count for the reporter?
Yes.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2019, 01:18:32 pm »

this looks absolutely bonkers bananas and I am /in
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2019, 10:07:59 am »

/tag
I'm interested but also away without internet for over a week soon
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2019, 10:15:38 am »

Faust, do you need a co-mod? I’d like to learn.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2019, 11:07:12 am »

Actually, /out, sorry. I can't commit to anything really now

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2019, 11:08:19 am »

Might be able to sub maybe, so don't send a speccy

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2019, 09:01:30 am »

Faust, do you need a co-mod? I’d like to learn.
Sure, that would be a great help. I'm going to send you the mod QT soon.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2019, 06:53:48 pm »

/in
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2019, 06:48:58 am »

/tag
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2019, 07:16:34 am »

/tag

I'd like to play, but let's see if my free time ever re-materialises before committing to anything...
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2019, 01:53:01 pm »

/in

VLA 6/10-6/12
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2019, 01:57:10 pm »

/in

VLA 6/10-6/12

hey! long time no see
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2019, 03:51:53 am »

If this game is still looking for sign ups in a month, I'll join
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 62  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.