Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 68  All

Author Topic: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Game Over! Town won!)  (Read 193305 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Day 4!)
« Reply #1400 on: May 15, 2019, 02:08:07 am »

Okay so let's see joth's "MiX is scum with chairs" logic:

- D1, Swan pushes Joseph and I stay on joth to distance, not knowing he was Lyncher.

- D2, knowing promoter and challenger are town, I buddy joth immediately, knowing I would die over him. As I do so, I bus Swan repetedly, knowing that Swan would get lynched over joth. When the challenge happens, I never swap votes.

- D3, I feint being really unfocused, so I have full liberty to move my vote around, scumreading Glooble for a solid plan that outs my team, eventually quicklynching him with the help of chairs and gkrieg, excusing myself with gkrieg not saying it was L-1.

- D4, I'm challenged, knowing the danger I'm in, between the two possible scum from a town!me perspective, I pick scum, I bus as hard as possible, knowing whoever lives gets towncred.

- Now, I detail my entire plan to town in hopes I'm the one that lives because I have more towncred.

- D5 and D6, whoever's alive convinces everyone ADK's scum (and gkrieg too, even after he flips town) and we lynch him for the win.

Lol. You know that the above plan...gets us killed, right? There's no way ADK is lynched. But hey, joth, feel free to walk right into paranoia: after all, I'm the best busser around, bussing Swan incredibly early and now challenging the other partner.

Tl;Dr: if I'm scum with chairs I just commited suicide.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: May 15, 2019, 05:18:06 am »

Scum!MiX would not challenge scum!chairs.

Scum!chairs' partner would bus. Maybe in a hedgy way.

unvote

I want all the ICs to weigh in here.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: May 15, 2019, 10:38:07 am »

Scum!MiX would not challenge scum!chairs.

Scum!chairs' partner would bus. Maybe in a hedgy way.

unvote

I want all the ICs to weigh in here.

Not hedgy. Someone was put to L-1 without all the ICs even posting.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: May 15, 2019, 11:37:33 am »

Still waiting on Space but:

I think it would’ve been near suicide for scum!MiX to target town!gkrieg over scum!chairs after enough town had come forth to push him to pick Chairs. That choice would have resulted in MiX getting snap lynched, and would almost guarantee that Chairs then went tomorrow.

My concern regarding ADK is that, as I noted before: If he’s town, and we accept this to be true, then we win and nothing can prevent this from happening. There must be two scum in {Gkrieg, ADK, MiX, Chairs}, and if we’ve correctly removed ADK as Town then even lynching wrong today means that we can simply lynch the other two and win on the following days.

Given this, where’s the fight to dispel the notion that ADK is town? A fight that, if he IS in fact town, scum MUST make in order to have a chance of winning? I’m not saying this because I necessarily think that ADK is scum - like Joth, I’ve taken him to be town at the word of dead townies thus far - it’s just that Joth & I aren’t the only two, and it starts to ring worrisome when certain non-IC players, the same players who themselves must contain scum, begin to take up the mantle of pushing this theory.

I haven’t had the time to do due diligence and really reread the players that I need to feel confident. To see exactly who’s buying into what, how hard they’re buying it, etc. Right now I feel the play has been rushed and sloppy, and if we’re setup to win already then slowing down only slows the process - it doesn’t stop it from happening. But if we’re on course to throw away a game that should’ve been won easily following Swan’s death, then slowing down can certainly help right the ship.

Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: May 15, 2019, 01:30:54 pm »

My brain's a little dead rn Galz, so help me parse this: If [gkrieg/chairs/MiX] is scum and ADK is town, then scum's only hope is to get ADK mislynched, so [gkrieg/chairs/MiX] should be pushing back against the townread on ADK.

But if ADK is scum, then the townread is a godsend and scum would love to lock it in.

This makes a lot of sense. And if this were a normal day it would be a great time to start an ADK wagon, but of course our choice is now between MiX and chairs, whether we like it or not. So the question is, does the ADK question affect the MiX/chairs question. Is one of them more or less likely to be ADK's partner?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: May 15, 2019, 01:34:36 pm »

My brain's a little dead rn Galz, so help me parse this: If [gkrieg/chairs/MiX] is scum and ADK is town, then scum's only hope is to get ADK mislynched, so [gkrieg/chairs/MiX] should be pushing back against the townread on ADK.

But if ADK is scum, then the townread is a godsend and scum would love to lock it in.

This makes a lot of sense. And if this were a normal day it would be a great time to start an ADK wagon, but of course our choice is now between MiX and chairs, whether we like it or not. So the question is, does the ADK question affect the MiX/chairs question. Is one of them more or less likely to be ADK's partner?

This is exactly where I’m at, yes, and would like to at least consider closer before making a MiX/Chairs decision.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: May 15, 2019, 01:40:15 pm »

If you accept I'm town, the ADK question doesn't matter. That's literally my gameplan here.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: May 15, 2019, 01:54:15 pm »

If you accept I'm town, the ADK question doesn't matter. That's literally my gameplan here.

The ADK question matters, the MiX question matters and the Galz question still matters. This is why reads > PoE. If you PoE wrong, you’re kinda screwed. And PoE can lead you to build up piles of assumptions and then realize one of the ones on the bottom was wrong and the whole tower is bad.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: May 15, 2019, 01:55:50 pm »

If chairs/gkrieg is the scum team then they’ve literally given up. They’re doing nothing to fight the inevitable.

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: May 15, 2019, 01:58:38 pm »

If chairs/gkrieg is the scum team then they’ve literally given up. They’re doing nothing to fight the inevitable.

Anything they do digs their grave. The only chance they have is if town flips their stance on ADK and also lynch me. From what I've seen of them, that's precisely what they're doing.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: May 15, 2019, 02:02:47 pm »

This is exactly where I’m at, yes, and would like to at least consider closer before making a MiX/Chairs decision.

And honestly, it may be that ADK is town and a reread of Joseph & the whole thing doesn’t matter & right now scum is sitting on town waiting to see if we do this whole thing to ourselves because they can’t openly make this argument about ADK without being obvious. But still.

Mafia Record:

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: May 15, 2019, 02:04:18 pm »

Er...precisely what I said Galzria. Quite right, old chap. So, does that make me town yet?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: May 15, 2019, 02:20:58 pm »

This is also true if ADK is scum, then the two town in [gkrieg/chairs/MiX] should be fighting that townread, which is what I have started to do, but there is just no reason to go there today. Either way from my perspective, there is scum in the two that are up for lynch today. It's also possible that they are both scum.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: May 15, 2019, 02:24:42 pm »

This is also true if ADK is scum, then the two town in [gkrieg/chairs/MiX] should be fighting that townread, which is what I have started to do, but there is just no reason to go there today. Either way from my perspective, there is scum in the two that are up for lynch today. It's also possible that they are both scum.

I think we should only go paranoid if chairs flips town. I know I would, since it would mean I could not get lynched. Untill then, meh, if chairs flips scum then it's all according to the plan.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: May 15, 2019, 02:34:43 pm »

What if Galz is scum and his whole "ADK must be scum because no ones trying to fight his townification" IS the effort to fight his townification?

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: May 15, 2019, 02:44:53 pm »

What if Galz is scum and his whole "ADK must be scum because no ones trying to fight his townification" IS the effort to fight his townification?

Galz has no need to push this, for he can simply get lucky with his partner not dying. Unlike gkrieg/chairs, a Galz team has a chance of simply lynching 2 town.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: May 15, 2019, 02:52:18 pm »

Galz has no need to push this, for he can simply get lucky with his partner not dying. Unlike gkrieg/chairs, a Galz team has a chance of simply lynching 2 town.

Pretty much this. In a world where I’m scum then I still win with the “ignore ADK and lynch out {MiX, Chairs, ADK} strategy.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: May 15, 2019, 03:06:22 pm »

Pretty much this. In a world where I’m scum then I still win with the “ignore ADK and lynch out {MiX, Chairs, gkrieg} strategy.

Sorry, bolded mistaken player.

Mafia Record:

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: May 15, 2019, 04:14:54 pm »

unless MiX is your partner and the scum promoter, in which case it’s imperative he not get lynched because his flip would out you

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: May 15, 2019, 05:55:29 pm »

unless MiX is your partner and the scum promoter, in which case it’s imperative he not get lynched because his flip would out you

And he self promoted today when it’s “imperative he not get lynched because his flip would out you”?

Mafia Record:

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: May 15, 2019, 06:04:48 pm »

Especially considering I probably would have challenged chairs today.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Day 1!)
« Reply #1421 on: May 15, 2019, 06:15:30 pm »

vote: MiX

Is voting without explaining just what all the cool kids are doing now?
Vote: ADK

There are a bunch more ADK votes, this is just the first one. Plus this:

ADK has had six different players vote for them.

Faust - for ADK name dropping the traitor a whole bunch
Joseph - sheep’s Faust (before Faust gave reasons)
MiX - (presumably voting for a different viable wagon)
Joth - unexplained
Swan - based on the amount of promoter talk ADK engaged I
Chairs - sheep’s Faust (after Faust gave reasons)
Faust return
Mix return
Joesph return
I had my own reasons too

I guess we think Joseph would go for the individual win even though doctor would be a valuable role for town to have?

Makes even more sense that he was lynched then, since his loyalties were divided. That may have come across somehow.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: May 15, 2019, 06:26:26 pm »

And he self promoted today when it’s “imperative he not get lynched because his flip would out you”?

Don't worry buddy, I have like infinity towncred, I'll never out us, don't worry about it.

So, can anyone tell me in what scenario chairs is less scum than me? Even if it's Galzria, it could be chairs, you know.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: May 15, 2019, 06:46:00 pm »

I could buy chairs as traitor.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: May 15, 2019, 06:47:35 pm »

Don't worry buddy, I have like infinity towncred, I'll never out us, don't worry about it.

It would be funny if it weren’t apparently entirely true.

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 68  All

Page created in 0.333 seconds with 20 queries.