Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 68  All

Author Topic: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Game Over! Town won!)  (Read 193107 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Day 2!)
« Reply #975 on: May 06, 2019, 04:15:43 pm »

Imagine how epic that would be.

Really, really epic. But we don't need to think about it now, right?

Man, I thought I was done with joth when I got a really big townread on N1...now the IC's scumreading him...I feel useless. I'll put in effort I suppose.

A common mistake is to think that ICs somehow magically have better reads than non-ICs. They do not.

I was currently scumreading everyone that thought you were scum, Galzria included. But now that an IC is also doing so, it means I should throw away my town!joth bias, because I know for certainty that town also scumreads him. But I understand this reaction.

Arguably an IC has worse reads since they have one less guaranteed Town member

I know, given I'm also an IC :P

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: May 06, 2019, 04:22:42 pm »

Did I miss something? When did MiX become an IC? When he claimed VT?
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: May 06, 2019, 04:24:57 pm »

Of course! And when I decided that I should stop trying to act like town and instead act to town's benefit. But that's what smileys are all about!

I'm procrastinating on my rereads as much as Swan is annoying me with his "Very Important Post" of his.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: May 06, 2019, 04:25:45 pm »

I guess all you have to do to be an IC these days is say you're an IC. As an IC, I should know.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: May 06, 2019, 04:35:23 pm »

Sorry, just getting back into this. Will reread the two people now.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #980 on: May 06, 2019, 04:52:40 pm »

He's honestly not. Because Galz outed himself as promoter to defend MiX, we can be nearly certain that if Galz is scum, MiX is also scum. Scum!Galz would have no reason to do that to protect town!Mix. But that doesn't cut both ways. Town!Galz could easily have come out in defense of scum!MiX if he strongly believed MiX was town.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: May 06, 2019, 05:12:46 pm »

He's honestly not. Because Galz outed himself as promoter to defend MiX, we can be nearly certain that if Galz is scum, MiX is also scum. Scum!Galz would have no reason to do that to protect town!Mix. But that doesn't cut both ways. Town!Galz could easily have come out in defense of scum!MiX if he strongly believed MiX was town.

I don't like how this is what people saw in Galz's claim. What I saw was joth gunning for him and Galz claiming to save himself, not me. But alas.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: May 06, 2019, 06:09:36 pm »

I was wondering that too.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: May 06, 2019, 07:10:25 pm »

I was wondering that too.

About the same time I did - which is to say, not at all.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: May 06, 2019, 08:11:14 pm »

OK, this is coming in 2 parts. Part 1 is below. Lets call Part 1 "Why Joth is Skum". Part 2 ("why swan is Town), will have to follow as I am out of time:

This is the end of Day 1 for reference:

Day 1 Final VC:
MiX (2): Glooble, gkrieg13
A Drowned Kernel (1): mcmcsalot
jotheonah (5): chairs, Galzria, arishipshape, Joseph2302, MiX
Joseph2302 (6): SpaceAnemone, DatSwan, EFHW, faust, jotheonah, A Drowned Kernel

1) Joth's logic on the selection of them being the promoter:
If promoter is scum, I was either targeted (A) because MiX is town and scum thought I couldn’t resist challenging him, (B) because MiX is scum and scum thought I wouldn’t dare challenge him, or (C) because everyone has such a scumread on me that it doesn’t matter who I challenge because I’ll lose.

Anyway, MiX’s kicking in the door with shameless buddying feels consistent with B.

If promoter is town then I was obviously targeted by someone who thinks I’m scum and it’s basically also C.

So my best hope here is to seek a consensus target from town or else target MiX.

- They then in close posts thereafter continue to elaborate on the plan stating that they will be targeting MiX in 72 hours unless convinced otherwise.
- After they say this... Ari, Chairs, and Glooble all outright state it would be Joth over MiX.
- MiX states they would vote themselves, because they are VT. Which whether they are or not, I assume/hope is a lie. Town's only job in that situation is to stay alive. It doesn't matter how much you believe the other person is town.
- Right thereafter, ADK and Faust both also say they will go for Joth over MiX.
- Chairs then switches after the MiX claim of voting for self and says they would go MiX.

So a page after the plan is laid out based on isolating MiX unless a better option is presented we have 4 people saying they are gonna vote for Joth (plus MiX).

- Then there is some discussion and Galz claims promoter, also stating he thinks Joth is Skum.
- 100%, if Galz is Town, he went back and found Joth's top 3 stated SRs and picked them for the pool he announced for Joth. This makes sense for Town!Galz if Galz thinks Joth is skum, as I would assume Skum!Joth would include a buddy (or skum anyone for that matter) in there top SR list early on.

- By post #780 the current choices laid in from of Joth have been noted to be Galz or MiX. They then post this:
I never said I wasn't going to challenge you. I'm not going to challenge you right now.

You want me to challenge you before it's clear which one of us will win, because that gives you a 50/50 shot. Whereas if I wait until I have a clear idea of how everyone is going to vote I can choose to challenge you or not -- which gives you a 0% chance if I challenge you. So waiting is clearly pro-town and rushing is clearly pro-scum.

- The above is a fancy way of saying "shit - the two options I could go to I am for sure going to lose to, so I need more time to create another option".
- Then he pushes Galz a bit, which isn't really skummy because I also was/am suspicious a little of the claim... but still to the point of keeping options open.

- Lots of interaction with Galz and his claim. Nothing there I find odd, just that time is passed.

- States they have done a re read, and that they have chosen their target, and that they will be challenging in 4 hours.
- I then quote MiX for arbitrarily voting me for not speaking since the day started (a day ago). I ask them to "chill" because I had a meet over the weekend and could not find time.
- Then Joth... not MiX... responds to my comment, saying they will wait a little longer. All of this is before my DAMA posting stage, so I am not really sure, assuming I am correct, what it is Joth found from Day 1 re read that made him select me.

- Joth right there after posts this:
Should we have the claiming conversation before I make my challenge?

People in this town seem to place a lot of store in claims, so I really don't want to make a strong case on scum and then end up being the lynch because of some ridiculous fake claim.

- This reads, to me at least, as Joth is essentially claiming to be a PR. If Joth makes a strong case on someone, then that person claims a PR, and Joth is VT, that isn't a ridiculous claim... that is just someone claiming to be a PR.
   -If Joth is a PR and they make a case and that person claims the same PR, Town!Joth should not be worried - that is a great set up, as we either lynch the fake claimer (and then skum kills Joth), or we lynch Joth (skum kills someone) and then we still lynch the fake claimer. Either way, 100% we find skum there - and the read back value given Joth would control the speed at which they claim would be huge.
   -If Joth is skum, they would be worried about accidentally targeting a PR and dealing with the same situation from the skum side of things.
   -Also, there is the added benefit of getting people to claim out so skum knows their identity (like faust)

- Next, Joth says he is planning on challenging faust.
- Faust then claims Tracker (crazy when shit works out that way). As no one has CC'd faust at this point, I assume they are truthful.

- Joth states they cannot get on the GK wagon based on weak reasoning (which is fair).

- Now all my drunken posts happen. I stand by them, and in another post I will go over them. They are poorly worded, but I stand by the points that I was making.

- Right after that MiX jumps on me
- Right after that Joth intends to challenge me. Why is the weak reasoning vs me acceptable but not for GK? Could it be because many people stated they did not want to lynch GK, yet I appeared on many peoples lynch pool list? hmmmmm

OK that is my summary. If I were to make key points:

1) Joth should recieve 0 Town points for being selected by Galz (assuming it's Galz) until we determine whether or not Galz is Skum or Town. I am leaning Town on Galz (which is very strange for my mind to wrap itself around). If Galz is skum, then yes... Joth is most certainly town. But really, as paranoid as I want to be... Galz is probably Town. If Galz is Town it does not necessarily make Joth skum... but it sure as hell doesn't make him town.

2) Joth jumping around his potential challenge pool - the way he selected targets he only stood good chances against, the promotion of the claim concept before he issues challenges, and selecting me based on a few freekin posts I made that were (fair enough) hard to decipher... that is just like EXACTLY how skum would handle it in this situation.

3) If I were in Joth's shoes the play would be in my eyes to pick exactly who I thought to be the skummiest player alive, as that would give me the best chance of lynching skum. It shouldn't of mattered to Joth (more than selecting skum at least) who it was that was willing to vote for Joth vs the potential player.... Let's take this current situation. They selected me because they thought they stood a good chance vs me instead of vs someone else. Either Joth is town, and it is Town v Town, or Joth is Skum, and it is Town v Skum. Skum!Joth would focus on picking the player they could win against, whereas Town!Joth (or Town!Anyone) should focus on selecting skum.

4) Right now we are in a shitty situation, there are only two targets to choose from. Please look back and try to tell me that I am the skummiest of the lot. They could of selected an off-all-wagons player, they could of selected Galz, they could of selected ADK (the other main wagon D1)... any of those choices would of potentially given masses of more information then selecting me. However, since I had the unfortunate consequence of being on the Day 1 wagon of being on many peoples lynch pool list, they chose to instead jump on me for weak reasoning because it gave them a better chance to survive. That, right there... is NOT a town mind set in the selection process. It is a town mindset when it is between "you or the other guy", but in this scenario - JOTH GOT TO PICK THE OTHER GUY!

*Super post note that I will have no way of fitting into the other post so I am doing it now before I forget - I would expect that if Joth is skum, then skum would of hard bussed him. It could be 1 knowing they are doing it, or it could be two knowing they are doing it... but there is for sure one.
In Days to come I can see MiX getting heat. If MiX is skum they are EXACTLY the traitor, and even that is a stretch. If I get lynched, please don't lynch MiX before Joth*
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: May 06, 2019, 08:12:11 pm »

oh how silly of me I forgot the fun part...

I am the Town Aligned Psychologist
real good. That’s how

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: May 06, 2019, 08:35:06 pm »

Oh ffs

If this is true, you should all lynch me because I’m VT. And also the unluckiest person on the freaking planet.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: May 06, 2019, 08:37:12 pm »

OR Swan is caught scum who wants to out a PR on his way out. I really really hope that’s it because otherwise... I mean seriously?

But I just want to point out, again, that Swan said he would not be claiming, which is part of the reason I picked him. Idk why on earth he would say that as a town PR.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: May 06, 2019, 08:43:13 pm »

Scum absolutely claims the last remaining town investigative role at this point. Maybe it’s better NOT to counterclaim. Let’s just lynch Swan. There’s no way he’s actually psychologist. Then we can keep our last cop hidden.

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #989 on: May 06, 2019, 09:17:57 pm »

It does seem remarkably unlikely.

Is there any reason not to push Swan to tell us who he targeted last night?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #990 on: May 06, 2019, 09:20:00 pm »

Is the right play here to lynch joth, then if DatSwan is lying scum, have the real psychologist claim tomorrow, and we lynch DatSwan then?

He/ Him

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: May 06, 2019, 09:27:09 pm »

Is the right play here to lynch joth, then if DatSwan is lying scum, have the real psychologist claim tomorrow, and we lynch DatSwan then?

I can see the logic here, but if we think swan is scum we should just lynch him now, right?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: May 06, 2019, 09:28:10 pm »

If DatSwan is the psychologist, he should have hinted somewhere about his result by now.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: May 06, 2019, 09:30:53 pm »

Lynching joth won't tell us if DatSwan is lying scum.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: May 06, 2019, 09:34:08 pm »

oh how silly of me I forgot the fun part...

I am the Town Aligned Psychologist
Why wait so long to claim and why go the trouble of making a wall post on joth if you knew you were going to claim? Nothing in that post makes a stronger argument for your survival than a credible claim of a town pr does.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: May 06, 2019, 09:36:38 pm »

... does would.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: May 06, 2019, 09:41:05 pm »

Also like, town-aligned psychologist is the only psychologist in the setup. And everyone claims town. So what a weird way to say that. Really emphasizing that town thing for no reason.

He/him

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: May 06, 2019, 09:44:33 pm »

vote count please

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (pms are out. N0.)
« Reply #998 on: May 06, 2019, 10:57:51 pm »

Vote Count 2.4

Uncleeurope's refrigerator broke on the night prior. He felt like control was slipping away, he had lost so much time, so much energy.

It was surprising how a meticulously engineered machine could crumble to pieces when a single cog refused to cool food to the desired temperature.

He had lost sight of what was truly important: The management of angry townsfolk.

With great power comes great responsibility.

But Uncleeurope didn't have power, he was a mere shadow whose every movement was cast by the whims of Light.

He may as well be a trained monkey.

He had no power, only responsibility.

jotheonah(2):          VS          DatSwan(5):
faustMiX
DatSwanjotheonah
EFHW
Glooble
chairs

Not voting (5): arishipshape, gkrieg13, Galzria, SpaceAnemone, A Drowned Kernel

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Day 2 ends 10th of May, 8:30 am FT.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: May 06, 2019, 10:58:33 pm »

Also like, town-aligned psychologist is the only psychologist in the setup. And everyone claims town. So what a weird way to say that. Really emphasizing that town thing for no reason.

One of the first games i played of mafia we went to claims. I claimed in “slang” so to speak. Someone made a huge deal about “town wouldn’t use that verbiage if they have been reading it in their pm”.

So now i copy paste whenever i claim anything but VT.
real good. That’s how
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 68  All

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 20 queries.