Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 68  All

Author Topic: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Game Over! Town won!)  (Read 194558 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Day 2!)
« Reply #950 on: May 06, 2019, 08:13:39 am »

vote: DatSwan
Didn't you defend DatSwan earlier? What happened?
I wanted joth to pick someone else.  I did say I would vote him over joth.
So what makes joth towny?
I have a strong town read on him with no red flags. There are questions around DatSwan.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: May 06, 2019, 09:26:07 am »

Let's actually look at these two in iso. Not hitting every post here, just stuff that stands out to me

joth:

RVS votes for Glooble, claims jester at the start, jokey stuff

Non-committal on the promoter claiming issue

This post where he wants to make very clear that his jester post was a joke is pretty scummy

Townreads datswan, for confusion over the setup

Scumreads me for my setup plan, so he is actually taking a stand. I feel like he is misrepresenting my stance in this post, though

His last point in his response to mix is a lot of words to say nothing

This vote switch seems a little knee-jerk, which is townier

This little walkback seems like he's trying to keep his options open

But he is pretty strongly defending faust, which leans on the townier side. OTOH I don't think ari's case against faust at this point has much traction, so he's not sticking his neck out too far

joth feels sassier in this game, on a reread, than he has in other games I've played with recently. Is that an alignment tell for him? Probably not

Is scum[/url this flippant about voting for someone they claim to have a townread on? Maybe, if they know they'll be townread for it

[url=http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=19659.msg798708#msg798708]Then goes
to vote for mix, then justifies his vote saying that the wagon was stalling. Not the worst reason, but also doesn't have anything to do with mix

More sass. Regardless of your alignment joth, you are entertaining to read here

Joth[/ur] does have a pretty consistent narrative behind his votes. If he is scum this is well constructed

[url=http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=19659.msg798962#msg798962]joth
is at one vote, with interest in voting from Galz, when he makes this "if you want to lynch me while I sleep" comment. Not great

Note that joth initially claims that he wasn't intending to target mix before spending quite awhile calling mix his biggest scumread

Another post where joth seems to feel an inordinate amount of pressure for the attention he's actually received (his point C). More likely to come from scum, I think

The big fight with Galz, I don't really think any of this is an alignment tell

Back on mix. He tunneled mix a lot on day one, and I think that joth is savvy enough to know that tunneling comes off as towny. More and more his read on mix is looking to me less genuine and more constructed

The fact that this is posed as a question and not a statement stands out to me, again I find more and more of joth's posting to be overly concerned/aware about the opinion of town as a whole. Maybe that's a natural feeling for the gladiator but some of it does go back to day one

Puts a lot of effort (where more than I remembered before rereading) on keeping open the possibility of scum!galz. Maybe it's just a difference of opinion, but I still feel that there's no way in hell scum!galz claims like he did, and joth looks like he still wants galz to be a viable challenge for him

Actually allows his mind to be swayed, though. Or maybe realized that the cause was hopeless. Or maybe knew ahead of time that it would fall through, and that a big emotional struggle looks towny

So I think this is basically the first time that joth has seriously commented at all on faust's alignment. For someone who's posted quite a bit this game, Joth has talked about surprisingly few people

The intent to challenge DatSwan is a little out of left field

At the end of all that, joth comes off as only mildly scummy, but scummier than I remember. In my most recent game with scum!joth, he did seem to get more active the more pressure was on his team, and I don't know what's more pressure-inducing than being a gladiator

Let's see what I get from DatSwan

Seems confused about whether there is a promoter. But if promoter is town scum might be legitimately confused about whether there is one.

Later clarifies that promoter here refers to "town promoter"

First post (several of his posts in) where he expresses any reads. Had previously expressed that he had been busy but there are quite a few setup-talk posts before this. I don't know, is scum this sloppy?

Then casts suspicion on me and mix for bringing up the promoter stuff, then votes for me because mix has more votes. Not great

This post seems a little more engaged

Big post. Analysis seems genuine, a lot of his logic is based on where people are on wagons, which is something that I disagree with but is also in character for DatSwan

Given that it's extremely unlikely at this point that joth and swan are partners, I think that swan coming to joth's defense here is town points

But then points out that joth could still be scum. His logic here is pretty fuzzy

Excited energy in these last posts sparing with Joseph, mildly towny

More setup confusion. About stuff that's harder to be confused about as scum

Argues against claiming pre-challenge, on the idea that joth might be scum. I see his point but also having town challenge a PR would be bad

This spliting of people into pools, while unhelpful, is consistent with what I know of town!Swan. It's a long post with no real reads, though

Well, here's a read

At this point I think I actually find this kind of thing towny

So looking back on everything, joth comes off as scummier and datswan as townier than I remembered. I'm still somewhat on the fence but I think it's enough for me to

Unvote
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: May 06, 2019, 09:53:07 am »

That's a big pile of effort that effectively says "I don't know, my gut tells me joth is scummy, look at posts!". That is, I'm not convinced ADK is being impartial here. But who cares about ADK's alignment now? I did see one thing that's weird:

@joth, what was #747 for? You never bring me up again, you just go right back to Galz where you were...

I'm keeping my vote. I'm stubborn like that.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: May 06, 2019, 10:09:51 am »

I’m a big fan of the guy read but that came off as floundering to me. Floundering why? Good question.

Firmly in vote: datswan territory now

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: May 06, 2019, 10:15:15 am »

@joth, what was #747 for? You never bring me up again, you just go right back to Galz where you were...

Well a bunch of stuff happened. You got all towny. Galz's promoter claim took away some of my case on you. At some point today I just decided to proceed on the assumption that you and Galz are both town, because it was starting to feel like I was maybe doing some misguided tunneling. Am I still a little worried I got played by one or both of you? You bet. But, we are where we are. If you're buddying, you're doing it well.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: May 06, 2019, 10:21:41 am »

At the end of all that, joth comes off as only mildly scummy, but scummier than I remember. In my most recent game with scum!joth, he did seem to get more active the more pressure was on his team, and I don't know what's more pressure-inducing than being a gladiator

I think this is an astute observation, but a stretch that it's alignment indicative in the way you suggest. It turns out being a gladiator is extremely stressful. But wouldn't it be less stressful for scum? They know who's on their team (except the Traitor, but that's a small chance). In any event it's a lot of pressure either way and if I'm a person who gets more active under pressure, well, then there I am either way.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: May 06, 2019, 10:31:24 am »

Well a bunch of stuff happened. You got all towny. Galz's promoter claim took away some of my case on you. At some point today I just decided to proceed on the assumption that you and Galz are both town, because it was starting to feel like I was maybe doing some misguided tunneling. Am I still a little worried I got played by one or both of you? You bet. But, we are where we are. If you're buddying, you're doing it well.

Still? Really? At this point I'm basically declaring to be an IC, I can't see anyone killing me anymore. But just as much as you should assume I'm town, I should assume you're town. I'm probably too overconfident in my reads, but at this point I simply want Swan to flip: I don't think we should allow him to get the setup wrong in so many ways at once, it'll limit his utility in later games. Also he's flat out scummier than you, no doubt.

I think this is an astute observation, but a stretch that it's alignment indicative in the way you suggest. It turns out being a gladiator is extremely stressful. But wouldn't it be less stressful for scum? They know who's on their team (except the Traitor, but that's a small chance). In any event it's a lot of pressure either way and if I'm a person who gets more active under pressure, well, then there I am either way.

I don't think anyone knows how the setup works anymore. No, scum don't get relieved, they get pressured to hell and back because they KNOW town targetted them, they KNOW they're the top scumread of at least 1 town, and by the looks for D1, they're the top scumread of more town as well. And for the love of god there can't be a traitor hiding anymore! Unless Galzria picked you, which is pretty weird considering we had the whole talk about me saying traitor should claim and not scum!promoter.

Can we kill Swan yet? This day is a mess and I want to sleep :P

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: May 06, 2019, 01:30:40 pm »

I'm gonna let Datswan get back to us with this "fun stuff" he speaks of before I place a vote.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: May 06, 2019, 01:35:40 pm »

I'm gonna let Datswan get back to us with this "fun stuff" he speaks of before I place a vote.

Right. Forget what I said then.

Why are you in the shadows?

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: May 06, 2019, 01:44:00 pm »

I've had nothing to say. I offered for people to interrogate me:
Anyone want to ask me anything?
Nobody took me up on it.

I slightly townread Joth for his posts as gladiator, but really I'm just waiting for Datswan at this point.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: May 06, 2019, 01:56:13 pm »

Nobody took me up on it.

I slightly townread Joth for his posts as gladiator, but really I'm just waiting for Datswan at this point.

You should be proactive: reads don't fall from the sky. Also talking should make you easier to read: right now we basically only have your D1 posts. But it's a bit late to change that, the challenge will always speak louder than our individual actions for the rest of this day. I think.

Can someone wake up Swan?

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: May 06, 2019, 02:09:43 pm »

Nobody took me up on it.

You should be proactive: reads don't fall from the sky. Also talking should make you easier to read: right now we basically only have your D1 posts. But it's a bit late to change that, the challenge will always speak louder than our individual actions for the rest of this day. I think.

Well guess what? I tried talking all the time and telling others to do so. I was all "It's always best for everyone to say everything!" Earned me scum points. I tried making a case against a scum read: earned me scumpoints. So, if shutting up is actually pro town, I guess I better do that. I am the number 1 talk all the time proponent: I am also town and don't want to get lynched, so that's why I'm being quiet. Yes, I know I can't get lynched today. Then again, I've been quiet long enough. I think I undid the scumpoints day 1 me earned, so it's time to be pro town once more. MiX, I'm a fan of ADK's analysis post, it seems like a nice amalgamation of information on the lynch candidates and a pro town move. Care to elaborate on why you think it's not impartial?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: May 06, 2019, 02:29:12 pm »

reads don't fall from the sky.
Except if they are townreads on joth!
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #963 on: May 06, 2019, 03:05:07 pm »

This is, probably, extremely unlikely, but for the sake of completeness I feel I should mention it: Have we considered the possibility that joth and Galz are both scum and that entire fight was staged for our benefit?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #964 on: May 06, 2019, 03:06:37 pm »

Imagine how epic that would be.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: May 06, 2019, 03:13:31 pm »

Really, really epic. But we don't need to think about it now, right?

Man, I thought I was done with joth when I got a really big townread on N1...now the IC's scumreading him...I feel useless. I'll put in effort I suppose.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: May 06, 2019, 03:14:13 pm »

Nobody took me up on it.

I poked him in the eyeball.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: May 06, 2019, 03:16:58 pm »

I'll get to this momentarily... I have to go buy an eye patch
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: May 06, 2019, 03:19:32 pm »

May I have this in my signature? I see other people with funny quotes in theirs all the time. Any procedure I go through first?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: May 06, 2019, 03:20:56 pm »

May I have this in my signature? I see other people with funny quotes in theirs all the time. Any procedure I go through first?

lol go for it
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: May 06, 2019, 03:21:50 pm »

As much as I like the game, I think this is more important. That quote doesn't seem half as funny without Galzria's post, and then it's not short and sweet.

PPE 1: Eh.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: May 06, 2019, 03:23:42 pm »

and apologies, but it is gonna be like realistically 4-5 hours or so before I am done with what I need. Not stalling, just quite busy this afternoon.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: May 06, 2019, 03:24:42 pm »

oh except technically you are not supposed to do it until this game has concluded.
real good. That’s how

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: May 06, 2019, 04:06:00 pm »

Really, really epic. But we don't need to think about it now, right?

Man, I thought I was done with joth when I got a really big townread on N1...now the IC's scumreading him...I feel useless. I'll put in effort I suppose.

A common mistake is to think that ICs somehow magically have better reads than non-ICs. They do not.

He/him

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: May 06, 2019, 04:07:18 pm »

Arguably an IC has worse reads since they have one less guaranteed Town member
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 68  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.