Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 68  All

Author Topic: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Game Over! Town won!)  (Read 193162 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Day 2!)
« Reply #925 on: May 05, 2019, 03:02:55 pm »

challenge: DatSwan

YOLO

Vote: Swan

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: May 05, 2019, 03:09:00 pm »

vote: Swan

faust is right. The more I swing the challenge around, the more PR claims we draw out. And Galzria was right when he said that I shouldn't wait for consensus or a guaranteed win to pick a target -- someone everyone wants to vote for is probably town.

So here's DatSwan, a relatively scummy person, on the PoE list, already said he wouldn't claim, and several people are defending him. That's what I got. You should vote for him.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: May 05, 2019, 03:15:19 pm »

Works for me

vote: datswan
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: May 05, 2019, 03:17:32 pm »

Do we want to end the day here? I suppose there's nothing else to do, but we still have 4 days for shenanigans...

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (pms are out. N0.)
« Reply #929 on: May 05, 2019, 03:50:12 pm »

Vote Count 2.3

Uncleeurope didn't envy the group of people under his charge, they didn't know everything like he did.

He knew all.

It was never enough, though, he wanted power.

With power, clarity is often lost, but without power what use is clarity?

jotheonah(0):          VS          DatSwan(3):
MiX
jotheonah
A Drowned Kernel

Not voting (9): arishipshape, DatSwan, gkrieg13, Galzria, SpaceAnemone, EFHW, Glooble, faust, chairs

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Day 2 ends 10th of May, 8:30 am FT.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: May 05, 2019, 04:12:29 pm »

Vote: jotheonah
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: May 05, 2019, 04:13:57 pm »

So here's DatSwan, a relatively scummy person, on the PoE list, already said he wouldn't claim, and several people are defending him. That's what I got. You should vote for him.
It takes a special kind of twisted reasoning if people defending someone makes them scummy. And who was defending anyway? Me? You think I'm his partner?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: May 05, 2019, 04:16:40 pm »

It takes a special kind of twisted reasoning if people defending someone makes them scummy. And who was defending anyway? Me? You think I'm his partner?

EFHW was. Do you actually believe joth's scummier than swan...? Do you think town would never want their scumreads to claim?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: May 05, 2019, 04:19:03 pm »

EFHW was. Do you actually believe joth's scummier than swan...? Do you think town would never want their scumreads to claim?
Why do you think joth is town?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: May 05, 2019, 04:22:25 pm »

Why do you think joth is town?

Hmm. I might've given a little too many townpoints for joth after he got promoted. But I think joth's being incredibly towny in everything he does, completely unlike what he was last scum game and if my memory serves me he's doing everything he did when he was town. I guess we have 4 days for me to reread the 2 possible wagons, so I should actually stabilize my read on joth now that it won't influence who he challenges.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: May 05, 2019, 04:57:51 pm »

vote: DatSwan

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: May 05, 2019, 05:18:02 pm »

OK I absolutely love the giant score board Vote Count thing - I feel closer to Kurt Russle than I ever had before.

I have just a ton of fun stuff I would like to speak about. As I mentioned, I did not want to do so prior to Joth finalizing a target. I will get it out when I get back to a computer.

Obviously...

Vote: Joth
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: May 05, 2019, 05:34:01 pm »

1) All the skum is within [Ari, Swan, Chairs, ADK, GK, Glooble, Space, EFHW]... which is either 2/8 or 3/8
2) Some amount of skum is within the same pool, and another is within [Joth, Mix, Galz, faust]

Why is it either 2/8 or 3/8?

Just separating the traitor out. Technically it is 3/8 either way.

Hold on, I just saw a contradiction here. It is impossible for the Traitor to lie there AND to be 2 scum there. I believe this mistake comes more from scum that absolutely know there IS no Traitor. How do you explain this Swan?

I don't think this is as damning as you seem to think it is, but I do accept there's a contradiction. I agree with faust that it's probably just Swan not thinking through everything, though.

If all of his second list is town, then there are probably 3 full mafia members in the first list (if other assumptions about Joth etc being townie hold), so that part of the statement holds.

Alternatively, we're in a situation where Galz lied about being town promoter, in which case he's on team evil, so if he's mafia promoter or mafia goon, then there's at most one full mafia member in the first list, plus quite probably the traitor (given the same assumptions about the second list being townie). So stated correctly, if he's counting the traitor as "not skum" then he ought to have said 1-3/8, not just 2 or 3/8. I think it's kind of a technicality.

Note: I'm not arguing in this post that anyone on the second list (besides faust) is conf!town, I'm just stating the assumptions that seem to have been present in Swan's reasoning when he made that statement.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: May 05, 2019, 05:37:01 pm »

1) All the skum is within [Ari, Swan, Chairs, ADK, GK, Glooble, Space, EFHW]... which is either 2/8 or 3/8
2) Some amount of skum is within the same pool, and another is within [Joth, Mix, Galz, faust]

Hold on, I just saw a contradiction here. It is impossible for the Traitor to lie there AND to be 2 scum there. I believe this mistake comes more from scum that absolutely know there IS no Traitor. How do you explain this Swan?

I don't think this is as damning as you seem to think it is, but I do accept there's a contradiction. I agree with faust that it's probably just Swan not thinking through everything, though.

If all of his second list is town, then there are probably 3 full mafia members in the first list (if other assumptions about Joth etc being townie hold), so that part of the statement holds.

Alternatively, we're in a situation where Galz lied about being town promoter, in which case he's on team evil, so if he's mafia promoter or mafia goon, then there's at most one full mafia member in the first list, plus quite probably the traitor (given the same assumptions about the second list being townie). So stated correctly, if he's counting the traitor as "not skum" then he ought to have said 1-3/8, not just 2 or 3/8. I think it's kind of a technicality.

Note: I'm not arguing in this post that anyone on the second list (besides faust) is conf!town, I'm just stating the assumptions that seem to have been present in Swan's reasoning when he made that statement.

Almost correct: if Galz was traitor, there would in fact be 2 scum, but it couldn't be "possible Traitor". Overall it's a weak point that just built up on top of the many many many others. I don't know, I recall Swan as someone who (eventually) understands setups better than this.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: May 05, 2019, 06:33:24 pm »

Almost correct: if Galz was traitor, there would in fact be 2 scum, but it couldn't be "possible Traitor". Overall it's a weak point that just built up on top of the many many many others. I don't know, I recall Swan as someone who (eventually) understands setups better than this.

Sure, 2 is included in my 1-3 count for exactly that reason.

What are you referring to when you're quoting "possible Traitor" like that?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: May 05, 2019, 07:38:18 pm »

Sorry I've been inactive, weekends are busy. I'll reread the challenged candidates and get back to you with a vote tonight. Anyone want to ask me anything?
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #941 on: May 05, 2019, 08:25:55 pm »

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: May 06, 2019, 12:04:23 am »

OK I absolutely love the giant score board Vote Count thing - I feel closer to Kurt Russle than I ever had before.

I have just a ton of fun stuff I would like to speak about. As I mentioned, I did not want to do so prior to Joth finalizing a target. I will get it out when I get back to a computer.

Obviously...

Vote: Joth
I'm gonna let Datswan get back to us with this "fun stuff" he speaks of before I place a vote.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: May 06, 2019, 02:27:36 am »

What are you referring to when you're quoting "possible Traitor" like that?

The "seperating the traitor" part.

I also yearn to hear what Swan has to say.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: May 06, 2019, 03:24:53 am »

Intent to vote swan. On mobile don’t want to accidental hammer will check back tomorrow

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: May 06, 2019, 03:41:13 am »

I have figured out that information who I targeted last night is going to be relevant for the Psychologist.

So, I targeted gkrieg tonight, he did not perform an action.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: May 06, 2019, 03:42:22 am »

Didn't you defend DatSwan earlier? What happened?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: May 06, 2019, 03:42:56 am »

Swan is at L-2.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: May 06, 2019, 04:54:06 am »

I wanted joth to pick someone else.  I did say I would vote him over joth.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: May 06, 2019, 05:02:54 am »

I wanted joth to pick someone else.  I did say I would vote him over joth.
So what makes joth towny?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 68  All

Page created in 0.262 seconds with 20 queries.