Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 68  All

Author Topic: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Game Over! Town won!)  (Read 194589 times)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
Re: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Day 2!)
« Reply #825 on: May 03, 2019, 03:45:16 pm »

Woof, lots to process in the last three pages.

Town!Galz, for sure, and Town!MiX.

More if/when I sit at a non government pc.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Day 1!)
« Reply #826 on: May 03, 2019, 03:58:47 pm »

Why are we all saying the Promoter is negative utility? If they guess right and target scum, they increase our chance of lynching scum to 50%. How is that bad?

This is also pretty accurate.

There are some town that honestly, incorrectly, believe that the role is negative utility. If there’s a scum!Promoter, then it’s a fairly valuable tool, and they aren’t going to claim. Being able to force a lynch between {Town*:X} is quite strong. If it’s a town!Promoter, it’s also rather valuable, as they’ll get to ensure their top scum read is one of two players to be lynchable the following day - and if that player happens to be town, they’ll likely be challenging their own top scum read. I’ll take that any day.

If it’s a Scum!Promoter, they aren’t claiming. If it’s a town!promoter, scum (plus some misguided town) want that player dead.

My expectations are that thus far scum has sided with “Should Claims” and “Neutrals” if it’s a town!promoter, and have been wherever they feel like if it’s a scum!promoter, as they have no intention of claiming anyway.

This is Galz weighing in on the claim question day 1. It's pretty consistent with his reasoning here, which is points in favor.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: May 03, 2019, 04:02:29 pm »

Day 1 re-read is proving surprisingly fruitful.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: May 03, 2019, 04:09:40 pm »

MiX and I as a pair are a lot alike, and together we generate a lot of noise, especially when we fight. We should probably consider moderating the volume of our posts in large games, as it gives scum a lot of cover.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Day 1!)
« Reply #829 on: May 03, 2019, 04:48:20 pm »

Finished re-read, but have to go. Wasn't as enlightening as I'd hoped.

He/him

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (pms are out. N0.)
« Reply #830 on: May 03, 2019, 04:53:36 pm »

Vote Count 2.2

LaLight was alive... Interesting. Uncleeurope was unsure of his emotions regarding this news.

Because an odd elixir of relief and disappointment seemed to be frothing up out of his core.

He didn't know what to make of the event, or the emotions attached to it.

Uncleeurope hated not knowing things. Not knowing things meant being confused, and it is hard to make decisions properly while in that state of being.

Uncleeurope needed clarity.

Glooble (1): faust
MiX (1): chairs
DatSwan (1): MiX

Not voting (9): arishipshape, DatSwan, gkrieg13, Galzria, SpaceAnemone, EFHW, A Drowned Kernel, Glooble, jotheonah

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Day 2 ends 10th of May, 8:30 am FT.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: May 03, 2019, 05:31:15 pm »

I’m still voting mix?

unvote

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: May 03, 2019, 06:32:52 pm »

I have figured out who I want to challenge. I think I'm going to do it in like 4 hours.

He/him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: May 03, 2019, 06:33:46 pm »

Vote: Swan

You have a point ADK, but I believe the only person who hasn't posted yet is Swan. Oh and Space, forgot.

Chill home slice - game started 3am my time and the. Up and to work. I will be caught up by this evening.

Which does bring up an important point - if anyone is considering avoiding then 1v1, our DL is significantly shorter up to that point.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: May 03, 2019, 06:41:05 pm »

Vote: Swan

You have a point ADK, but I believe the only person who hasn't posted yet is Swan. Oh and Space, forgot.

Chill home slice - game started 3am my time and the. Up and to work. I will be caught up by this evening.

Which does bring up an important point - if anyone is considering avoiding then 1v1, our DL is significantly shorter up to that point.

Ok. I'll wait until tomorrow morning to issue my challenge then.

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: May 03, 2019, 07:12:01 pm »

Can you guys be as active when I'm asleep as when I'm awake? We just had an intense talk about joth, me, challenging, Galzria and promoter and I would love to wake up to another 5 pages of discussion. Hopefully featuring {Swan EFHW chairs gkrieg Space} a lot so I can read them. Pretty please?

@joth, there's no reason to hold off the challenge trigger as much as possible, because you can simply declare "I'm challenging X" without using your power, then, if you change your mind, you could always change targets. This is to say, don't use it while I'm sleeping  :P

I slacked off and didn't do much, D1 votes are a mess because of the way my wagon died off, I don't think I'll be able to deduce a lot from it but to be frank I haven't really dug deep into it.

Okay, useless post done.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: May 03, 2019, 07:45:26 pm »

Can you guys be as active when I'm asleep as when I'm awake? We just had an intense talk about joth, me, challenging, Galzria and promoter and I would love to wake up to another 5 pages of discussion. Hopefully featuring {Swan EFHW chairs gkrieg Space} a lot so I can read them. Pretty please?

No chance of me featuring much in that 5 pages... you and I are in the same timezone, aren't we? I've had a really busy workday followed by gym tonight, so now that I've more or less caught up, i'm super tired.

Brief opinions so I don't wake up to find Joth challenging me or something:
1) I think both Joth and Galz sounded self-consistent in a way that I felt was more town-v-town than anything else.

2) Galz's point about Mix's traitor comment makes Galz seem townie but I think there's a slim chance that MiX could have planted that there. MiX's clearly been doing enough setup thinking of his own that his mind was locked enough into his own naming convention (calling the setu just "B") that he didn't understand what Galz was talking about with "CB/DB" or whatever it was he'd said.

3) Ari's comment about town having to try hard to stay alive is applicable to Joth in this situation, but the whole "town has to stay alive" issue is something I worry about with newbies because when I was a newbie I got so invested in staying alive it wasn't necessarily townie. (I'd come here after playing a lot of IRL werewolf with a variant where you really did have to survive to win, and it took a while to adjust!). Anyway, I don't find it super-townie to encourage townies in general to do everything they can to stay alive, because sometimes the best thing a townie can do for their team is die instead of a more useful role and thus help to ensure a town victory for all.

I'm sure there will be more things I need to comment on when I go back and re-reread D2 tomorrow. Sleep now!
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: May 03, 2019, 08:19:04 pm »

Should we have the claiming conversation before I make my challenge?

People in this town seem to place a lot of store in claims, so I really don't want to make a strong case on scum and then end up being the lynch because of some ridiculous fake claim.

He/him

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: May 03, 2019, 09:33:46 pm »

People in this town seem to place a lot of store in claims, so I really don't want to make a strong case on scum and then end up being the lynch because of some ridiculous fake claim.

We should probably give people the opportunity to claim before you challenge, yes. At this point we know the setup so any fakeclaims can be countered.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: May 03, 2019, 09:54:14 pm »

We should probably give people the opportunity to claim before you challenge, yes. At this point we know the setup so any fakeclaims can be countered.
We don't know the setup. Galz could be mafia promoter. Or did I miss something?
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: May 03, 2019, 10:04:26 pm »

Very unlikely.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: May 03, 2019, 10:05:40 pm »

But lyncher flip means we know most everything anyway.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: May 03, 2019, 10:20:57 pm »

So I am finishing up some thoughts here on a Day 1 re read, but I do want to touch on this topic for discussion (if people thing it is warranted).

I think there is roughly a 0% chance that Galz is the Skum Promoter.

- He could be Goon. He knows who the target was gonna be, claims it, and we either decide to lynch him, giving the actual Mafia Promoter more time alive.
- He could be Traitor. He would know the Skum Promoter is in the game and this would be a great signal to them.
- He could be Town Promoter... except I don't completely understand why the claim of Promoter would be necessary. That being said, it doesn't really to make sense to do it all that much as Goon either (or Mafia Promoter).

Galz - I assume you have a reason for the claim other than to just elaborate upon the set up of the game. If you are Town Promoter... what upside was in your mind of you making the claim instead of staying quiet (at least for the time being)?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: May 03, 2019, 10:52:33 pm »

I think this is a good idea? Like you state who you are gonna target, then they are given a window to claim type of thing right?

The downside would be if you are skum, then you could choose someone else after a claim or whatever.

Actually changed my mind while typing this - probably not a good idea.
real good. That’s how

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: May 03, 2019, 11:33:27 pm »

If Galz is scum promoter, then we do in fact have a traitor, which means his post about MiX would have required a lot of mental gymnastics to dream up. That's a point in favor of him being town.
It's a way for scum!Galzria to signal to the traitor that he is mafia.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: May 03, 2019, 11:48:45 pm »

As of  809/810 I am not scumreading Galz. He does seem to have thought about his role in detail from a town perspective. His silver tongue keeps me from saying townreading.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: May 03, 2019, 11:51:45 pm »

I am glad to see Space's comment about staying alive not always being the most important thing for town. I was having a similar thought.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: May 04, 2019, 12:00:44 am »

I have too many townreads now.

I think I'm looking for things to say so MiX has a lot to read when he wakes up. Sorry MiX, this is all I've got at the moment.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: May 04, 2019, 12:10:53 am »

Maybe this will spark some conversation:

I am planning to challenge faust.

He/him

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: May 04, 2019, 12:20:20 am »

Maybe this will spark some conversation:

I am planning to challenge faust.
Thank you. I've scumread Faust all game. Although it could just be my anti meta bias. I'll give Faust a re-read.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 68  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.