Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 68  All

Author Topic: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Game Over! Town won!)  (Read 195155 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Day 2!)
« Reply #775 on: May 03, 2019, 02:29:20 pm »

@Galz if you were town, you would be trying to talk me into targeting one of your other scum reads (the mislynch wishlist you posted before) rather than trying to goad me into targeting you.

A) I think you’re scum.

B) You will target the person you think you can win against regardless.

C) My opinions on who you should target are stated. Unsurprisingly, you won’t consider the majority of that list.

You picked a list you knew I wouldn't consider!
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: May 03, 2019, 02:29:48 pm »

“Of course I knew we were in B”.

Why did you say

I bolded the part above that’s relevant. Scum doesn’t make that mistaken point as they know that there is NOT, in fact, a Traitor, as we’re in BC/BD, not AD/BD - something I myself can validate as the Town Promoter.

(bolded mine)

Why are you still seeking opinions? Need to know if you can win?

We have 3 days (well, mostly 2, because doing it last second might backfire), why do you want to be challenged right now? Do you think joth's scum?

Yes. I’ve stated this.

Oh right you're Promoter. Sorry, dissassociated promoter with players so now it's hard to put them back together.

If you had to make a case on joth, what would you say? Even some bullet points would be helpful.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: May 03, 2019, 02:30:36 pm »

I am so close to just challenging Galz right now.

If I were to pick for Joth, I would make him choose between {ADK, Faust, Glooble}.

Literally my top three town reads.

Surprise!

Challenge me. Now.

Well this is just very scummy, right?

You're not going to goad me into this. There's still a reasonable chance you are misguided town. And if you are scum, the last thing I want to do is the thing you want me to do.

Lol the last sentence doesn’t even parse from a town perspective. If I’m scum trying to get you to challenge me... then challenging me is exactly what you would want to do. Because I would be scum. Except I’m not. Which you know. Because you’re scum.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: May 03, 2019, 02:33:50 pm »

I never said I wasn't going to challenge you. I'm not going to challenge you right now.

You want me to challenge you before it's clear which one of us will win, because that gives you a 50/50 shot. Whereas if I wait until I have a clear idea of how everyone is going to vote I can choose to challenge you or not -- which gives you a 0% chance if I challenge you. So waiting is clearly pro-town and rushing is clearly pro-scum.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: May 03, 2019, 02:34:55 pm »

Everything about this feels like scum!Galz. Other people who have played a lot with Galz, agree/disagree?

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: May 03, 2019, 02:35:02 pm »

Why did you say

I bolded the part above that’s relevant. Scum doesn’t make that mistaken point as they know that there is NOT, in fact, a Traitor, as we’re in BC/BD, not AD/BD - something I myself can validate as the Town Promoter.

(bolded mine)

We have 3 days (well, mostly 2, because doing it last second might backfire), why do you want to be challenged right now? Do you think joth's scum?

Yes. I’ve stated this.

My point was that you stated (erroneously) that there WAS a traitor. This is not a mistake scum makes because we ARE in the “B” column, which scum (and I, as the town Promoter) know to be true. If you were scum you wouldn’t make that setup mistake there.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: May 03, 2019, 02:37:12 pm »

Galz, why didn't you claim yesterday?

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #782 on: May 03, 2019, 02:38:24 pm »

Everything about this feels like scum!Galz. Other people who have played a lot with Galz, agree/disagree?

I haven't played with scum!Galz, but I agree that he seems scummy as hell right now.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: May 03, 2019, 02:39:17 pm »

If Galz is scum promoter, then we do in fact have a traitor, which means his post about MiX would have required a lot of mental gymnastics to dream up. That's a point in favor of him being town.

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: May 03, 2019, 02:39:46 pm »

I never said I wasn't going to challenge you. I'm not going to challenge you right now.

You want me to challenge you before it's clear which one of us will win, because that gives you a 50/50 shot. Whereas if I wait until I have a clear idea of how everyone is going to vote I can choose to challenge you or not -- which gives you a 0% chance if I challenge you. So waiting is clearly pro-town and rushing is clearly pro-scum.

“I want to wait to challenge you before it’s clear which one of us will win, because at best I have a 50/50 shot. Whereas if I wait until I have a clear idea of how everyone is going to vote I can choose to challenge you or not - which gives you a 0% chance if I challenge you. So waiting is clearly pro-ME and rushing is clearly pro-YOU”

Fixed that for you.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: May 03, 2019, 02:40:34 pm »

Galz, why didn't you claim yesterday?

Why should I have?

Mafia Record:

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: May 03, 2019, 02:41:07 pm »

“I want to wait to challenge you before it’s clear which one of us will win, because at best I have a 50/50 shot. Whereas if I wait until I have a clear idea of how everyone is going to vote I can choose to challenge you or not - which gives you a 0% chance if I challenge you. So waiting is clearly pro-ME and rushing is clearly pro-YOU”

Fixed that for you.

Again, since I'm the only person I know to be 100% town, I fail to see the distinction.

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: May 03, 2019, 02:41:43 pm »

Why did you say

(bolded mine)

Yes. I’ve stated this.

My point was that you stated (erroneously) that there WAS a traitor. This is not a mistake scum makes because we ARE in the “B” column, which scum (and I, as the town Promoter) know to be true. If you were scum you wouldn’t make that setup mistake there.

It appears you have missed what's bolded? Why did you say "as we’re in BC/BD, not AD/BD"?

Oh, I just realized what logic you're using. Huh. Sadly it's useless now but I believe this means you've thought about the setup.

If Galz is scum promoter, then we do in fact have a traitor, which means his post about MiX would have required a lot of mental gymnastics to dream up. That's a point in favor of him being town.

Does it? Seems simple for him to do this as traitor: he has every intention in townreading me, because that's the new hip wave of today, right?

Fixed that for you.

Pro-him will always be more pro-town than pro-you from his perspective.

PPE 1: Oh my, it's like you're already locked in a 1v1.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #788 on: May 03, 2019, 02:43:10 pm »

I think we need to wait for more people to get online and weigh in.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: May 03, 2019, 02:45:21 pm »

Oh I agree, but I think watching Galz dig his own grave is a fun activity while we're waiting.

He/him

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: May 03, 2019, 02:46:12 pm »

I'm inclined to believe this claim. But what was so horrible about the Joseph wagon?

I believe the part where he's promoter. But maybe not the part where he's town...

Why on earth would scum promoter claim right now?

Why wouldn't they?

1) If mix is town there's no motivation for them to claim and stop you from picking him 2) If mix is scum this irrevocably ties galz and mix together, and if one of them is caught the other one does. It's a huge risk just to stop you from picking mix, when it's pretty clear that if you did pick mix, you would be the one lynched anyway.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: May 03, 2019, 02:47:11 pm »

Every time, all the time baby!

Vote: faust
I thought we had something special!
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: May 03, 2019, 02:47:40 pm »

But Galzria's scum for not knowing it's setup B with 100% guarantee.

Can you explain that last sentence?

What part of it?

Where does Galz display uncertainty about the setup?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: May 03, 2019, 02:49:23 pm »

Fixed that for you.

Again, since I'm the only person I know to be 100% town, I fail to see the distinction.

The distinction is in your lack of care regarding finding and challenging scum. If you were town, your absolute goal would be to NOT challenge town here, where town loses 100% of the time, but instead to challenge scum where, even if it’s not convenient for you, there’s a chance of us lynching correctly. You don’t care who you challenge, as long as you win. That isn’t pro-town, that’s pro-Joth, and that’s exactly the approach scum would take to try and appear townie.

You know what the best feature of a Vig is? It’s a 100% town controlled, no scum-input kill. You know what the downside is? It shorts our numbers. Being promoted as town is all the upside and none of the downside. But by making it a public poll all you’re trying to do is garner town favor by “acting” pro-town - instead of just being pro-town.

Mafia Record:

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: May 03, 2019, 02:51:24 pm »

I kinda get town vibes from Galzria, but it is important to remember that he has now a 50% a priori chance of being scum, much higher than anyone else.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: May 03, 2019, 02:51:30 pm »

Oh I agree, but I think watching Galz dig his own grave is a fun activity while we're waiting.

A) No Graves here today

B) Of course you do, you’re scum.

Mafia Record:

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: May 03, 2019, 02:52:09 pm »

What part of it?

He describes the setup in a way I was not familiar: He said "BC/BD" when talking about setup B: I was confused, but then I realized he was talking about the SQUARES BC and BD, which combined form setup B. So I was wrong.

I still want Galzria dead, mostly because I have no idea how joth can be scum here. Also I still think promoter's scum.

PPE 2

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: May 03, 2019, 02:53:51 pm »

What part of it?

He describes the setup in a way I was not familiar: He said "BC/BD" when talking about setup B: I was confused, but then I realized he was talking about the SQUARES BC and BD, which combined form setup B. So I was wrong.

I still want Galzria dead, mostly because I have no idea how joth can be scum here. Also I still think promoter's scum.

PPE 2

joth hasn't challenged anyone yet.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: May 03, 2019, 02:55:15 pm »

My choices were between anybody on the horrible Joseph wagon, or one of my own scum reads.
But... just how was the Joseph wagon horrible...? The guy was scum!

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: May 03, 2019, 02:55:27 pm »

I kinda get town vibes from Galzria, but it is important to remember that he has now a 50% a priori chance of being scum, much higher than anyone else.

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 68  All

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 20 queries.