Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 68  All

Author Topic: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Game Over! Town won!)  (Read 194519 times)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Day 1!)
« Reply #675 on: May 01, 2019, 06:34:28 am »

Choosing between my flavor and Uncleeurope's flavor is hard. It's like choosing between cherry and strawberry flavor of ice cream – they are different but both very compelling.

But you can also have both. And this is this game.

Oh, also Joseph was lynched. He was Lyncher Doctor.

Have a good night. It will end in 48 hours, 3rd of May at 6.30 am FT.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (pms are out. N0.)
« Reply #676 on: May 03, 2019, 08:30:42 am »

Uncleeurope was worried, which, while not completely out of character for him, was different today. Why? Because LaLight was missing. Had he been murdered? Was he going to be missing forever? Had Uncleeurope done him in for the sake of ripping off the "Co" in "Co-Mod?"

No one could say for sure, not even Uncleeurope. He didn't know where he was last night. And why should he? He assumed he had been asleep, but it was hard to say.

All he was certain of was that he wasn't the one to kill mcmcsalot the Vanilla Townie, but there he was, lying on the ground.

It also seemed like jotheonah had been promoted to take place in a fight today.

Well, hopefully LaLight's fate was a little more hopeful than mcmcsalot's.

Day Two has started!

Not voting (12): arishipshape, DatSwan, chairs, jotheonah, MiX, A Drowned Kernel, gkrieg13, Glooble, Galzria, faust, SpaceAnemone, EFHW

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Day 2 ends 10th of May, 8:30 am

Thread Unlocked.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 10:27:05 am by LaLight »
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Night 1!)
« Reply #677 on: May 03, 2019, 08:42:13 am »

Well well well looks like someone decided to call me on my WIFOMing bullshit
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 03, 2019, 08:46:26 am »

So, first of all, sorry for all the anti-town crap I pulled to survive yesterday. Not exactly proud of it. Second of all, setup is such a mess I don't think there's much to talk about it yet, since I'm pretty sure we don't want claims. Third of all, good job lynching Joseph.

I would also like to take full credit for making joth, the towniest man alive, look like the scummiest man alive, enough for promoter to target him. Hopefully it was scum promoter, given that I have no idea who would target joth as town promoter here...

mcmc was town? Okay. The scummiest person right now is probably...Swan? Not sure I can even pick 3 players to be scum without thinking "no, this guy's obviously town..."

Is that all? I didn't get a lot of good reads, just the town!joth one.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: May 03, 2019, 08:48:18 am »

Yesterday you had nothing towny to say about joth after your iso. What changed?

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: May 03, 2019, 08:49:05 am »

Are you saying you wanted him to look scummy?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: May 03, 2019, 08:50:19 am »

MiX! I was all set to not target you but that post makes me want to target you! Can you prove that fighting with me was a gambit? Is there a breadcrumb?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: May 03, 2019, 08:53:19 am »

No, it wasn't intentional...I'm not that crazy. I just like how it "worked", in a way. I saw that joth's posts are way, WAY bigger when he's scum, and in this game he hasn't made one of those yet. That and he's actually scumhunting and following his townmeta and whatnot.

MiX! I was all set to not target you but that post makes me want to target you! Can you prove that fighting with me was a gambit? Is there a breadcrumb?

Answer's above, I just wanted to quote this to say...how can I breadcrumb a gambit? Then again I have no idea how to breadcrumb, so...

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: May 03, 2019, 08:54:32 am »

No, it wasn't intentional...I'm not that crazy. I just like how it "worked", in a way. I saw that joth's posts are way, WAY bigger when he's scum, and in this game he hasn't made one of those yet. That and he's actually scumhunting and following his townmeta and whatnot.

Answer's above, I just wanted to quote this to say...how can I breadcrumb a gambit? Then again I have no idea how to breadcrumb, so...

Ok, but you have to realize how this looks...

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: May 03, 2019, 08:57:07 am »

Ok, but you have to realize how this looks...

How what looks? For me, you being gladiator means you're town, and I'm extremely happy that I got this information, because I started the night thinking you're scum. The only problem here is I have too many townreads.

I'll get to analyzing the D1 votes, I guess I only have 3 days to do that...I usually like to take my time, but I guess it'll have to be rushed.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 03, 2019, 09:00:19 am »

If promoter is scum, I was either targeted (A) because MiX is town and scum thought I couldn’t resist challenging him, (B) because MiX is scum and scum thought I wouldn’t dare challenge him, or (C) because everyone has such a scumread on me that it doesn’t matter who I challenge because I’ll lose.

Anyway, MiX’s kicking in the door with shameless buddying feels consistent with B.

If promoter is town then I was obviously targeted by someone who thinks I’m scum and it’s basically also C.

So my best hope here is to seek a consensus target from town or else target MiX.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: May 03, 2019, 09:02:54 am »

Also I’m sad that the flip killed my Jester gambit, but that does mean I’m free to explain some of the thinking behind it, though I guess I’d still rather not.

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #687 on: May 03, 2019, 09:04:21 am »

Lyncher Doctor means no jester, which is nice. Kills several theories I had yesterday about why certain people were behaving the way they were. And while losing a doctor sucks, he was realistically probably not going to be the most helpful doctor anyway. And we avoided the incredibly awkward scenario of having both him and his victim still around in LyLo. Not sure why he lied about his role though.

PPE 2

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #688 on: May 03, 2019, 09:05:13 am »

I support targeting MiX.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: May 03, 2019, 09:06:51 am »

If promoter is scum, I was either targeted (A) because MiX is town and scum thought I couldn’t resist challenging him, (B) because MiX is scum and scum thought I wouldn’t dare challenge him, or (C) because everyone has such a scumread on me that it doesn’t matter who I challenge because I’ll lose.

(C)'s the one that makes the most amount of sense here, given that if (B) then (C)'s still important in case you randomly pick another scum. This is especially true because Traitor exists. (A) sounds foolish, but given that you're thinking about (B) then (A) might actually be something scum think.

Can you tell I like those letters?

Lyncher Doctor means no jester, which is nice. Kills several theories I had yesterday about why certain people were behaving the way they were. And while losing a doctor sucks, he was realistically probably not going to be the most helpful doctor anyway. And we avoided the incredibly awkward scenario of having both him and his victim still around in LyLo. Not sure why he lied about his role though.

Bodyguard is the best fakeclaim for Lyncher, and I have no idea who wouldn't kill him after a Lyncher claim.

I support targeting MiX.

Do you think scum's thinking about (B) here?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #690 on: May 03, 2019, 09:07:57 am »

Let's face it, if it was (A) scum would have been smarter to target me. You voted for several people yesterday and seemed willing to move your vote to get a lynch. I parked my vote on MiX and kept trying to corall people back to him.

OTOH, I seem to have an uncanny ability to not be remembered by anyone.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #691 on: May 03, 2019, 09:08:21 am »

Bodyguard is the best fakeclaim for Lyncher, and I have no idea who wouldn't kill him after a Lyncher claim.

Because he's also a doctor?

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #692 on: May 03, 2019, 09:09:53 am »

Having a lyncher isn't really a bad thing once we know who they are. And having a doctor is great. If Joseph had claimed Lyncher doctor, I definitely would have moved my vote to protect him.

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: May 03, 2019, 09:11:36 am »

Because he's also a doctor?

Still, odds are everyone else being voted is town. Why risk it? We would need to lynch him eventually, better there than later, especially with plurality lynch.

Let's face it, if it was (A) scum would have been smarter to target me. You voted for several people yesterday and seemed willing to move your vote to get a lynch. I parked my vote on MiX and kept trying to corall people back to him.

OTOH, I seem to have an uncanny ability to not be remembered by anyone.

I think making you gladiator would basically out promoter as scum, thus outing you as town. Which is okay for scum if you pick me, but I doubt you would just pick me, that's exactly what scum would be thinking about.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 03, 2019, 09:15:15 am »

Scum would be less likely to nightkill a bodyguard than a full doc since a successful bodyguarding doesn't actually change the kill count. I assume that was the reasoning there.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Day 1!)
« Reply #695 on: May 03, 2019, 09:16:58 am »

I can't really tell if there's anything in that post I need to respond to, but I will say if I were the gladiator and it were day 2, I would be happy to make it you and me, MiX.
This seems scummy, like you're basically asking to be setup together.... if you're town and there's a scum promoter, then they'll see this

Best to hide reads so as to not help the possible scum promoter

This is only a problem if MiX is town and neither of us is lynched today.

Why are you setting this possibility aside? You could be wrong and your wagon might not go anywhere, so why do you think this is rare?

The worst scum can do if they have a promoter is target one of us. Then it’s up to us to decide if we want to call out each other. The very fact that we’ve had this conversation makes me less likely to target MiX in that scenario. So there’s a lot of layers of WIFOM. I honestly don’t think it’s a big deal.

For those that forgot, I basically asked for this yesterday, and laid out the dilemma.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: May 03, 2019, 09:19:56 am »

Anyway, MiX, you have 72 hours to convince me not to challenge you.

Everyone else, you have 72 hours to weigh in, although I reserve the right to jump the gun on this.

Also, if we can get a lynch in before 72 hours have passed then we don't have to do this. But if I don't like the leading candidate (unless it's me), I basically have a veto, which is fun.

He/him

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: May 03, 2019, 09:21:49 am »

If Jotheonah challenges MiX, I'm voting Jotheonah.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: May 03, 2019, 09:28:42 am »

(D) Scum promoter picked me because I've been playing this one a little trollish and they thought I would be the most likely to go maverick and challenge someone without consulting the larger town.

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #699 on: May 03, 2019, 09:57:07 am »

(D) Scum promoter picked me because I've been playing this one a little trollish and they thought I would be the most likely to go maverick and challenge someone without consulting the larger town.

I sort of assumed that was your secret plan, tbh.

He/ Him

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 68  All

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 20 queries.