Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 68  All

Author Topic: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Game Over! Town won!)  (Read 193173 times)

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Day 1!)
« Reply #450 on: April 30, 2019, 09:18:02 am »

MiX is coming off scummier and scummier. A lot of his posting seems very self-aware, there's a post back there where he outrights says he doesn't want to vote for mcmc because it "seems OMGUS-y". My original vote on MiX was based on some partner-y interaction bullshit that looking back on I realize didn't make sense but I'm happy with my vote there now.

What do you mean by self-aware here? Yes, I know how my posts sound to everyone else, since you tell me your opinions on them, so I can infer what future posts will look like. What was your original reason to vote me?

My original vote was based on interactions with you and joth, that I thought looked partnery, which looking back on it, they weren't. And now looking back at it now, I think I was reading too much into a couple of comments you made. So, meh.

Unvote
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 30, 2019, 09:20:10 am »

I think dissolving the MiX wagon is a mistake, for the record, but I'm also fine with vote: ari and I like it a lot better than ADK.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 30, 2019, 09:24:29 am »

I think dissolving the MiX wagon is a mistake, for the record, but I'm also fine with vote: ari and I like it a lot better than ADK.

What makes you think an ari lynch is better than an ADK lynch? Also, ewwww on ari votes, unless he completely revolutionizes his scum meta we'll get him by D3, don't worry.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #453 on: April 30, 2019, 09:31:34 am »

Oh shit. I just assumed it was pm for some reason. I still think MiX is the scummiest so I'mma stay here for now but I guess if it falls apart completely in the next few hours I'll move my vote someplace else.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 30, 2019, 09:33:14 am »

What about Joseph?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 30, 2019, 09:34:38 am »

What about Joseph?

I could live with it. The two people voting there now are town reads, and he is not. But I like ari better.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 30, 2019, 09:37:24 am »

MiX is coming off scummier and scummier. A lot of his posting seems very self-aware, there's a post back there where he outrights says he doesn't want to vote for mcmc because it "seems OMGUS-y". My original vote on MiX was based on some partner-y interaction bullshit that looking back on I realize didn't make sense but I'm happy with my vote there now.

What do you mean by self-aware here? Yes, I know how my posts sound to everyone else, since you tell me your opinions on them, so I can infer what future posts will look like. What was your original reason to vote me?

My original vote was based on interactions with you and joth, that I thought looked partnery, which looking back on it, they weren't. And now looking back at it now, I think I was reading too much into a couple of comments you made. So, meh.

Unvote
Having no vote around this close to deadline isn't really helping.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 30, 2019, 09:42:04 am »

What makes you think an ari lynch is better than an ADK lynch? Also, ewwww on ari votes, unless he completely revolutionizes his scum meta we'll get him by D3, don't worry.

Because I think ari is more likely to be scum than ADK? I don't understand the question.

He/him

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 30, 2019, 10:13:07 am »

Unvote
Having no vote around this close to deadline isn't really helping.

I will be around later when I decide for sure where I want it to go.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 30, 2019, 10:35:39 am »

For the record, I don't think that Joseph is a great lunch
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 30, 2019, 10:40:49 am »

I fear that you or me die this day: if you had to, who would you vote? Quoting this because Joseph seems to be a viable lynch as well.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 30, 2019, 10:43:34 am »

Because I think ari is more likely to be scum than ADK? I don't understand the question.

Well why is this the case? I've heard your ari case but why is ADK less scummy?

Also, I'll be here untill 10 hours to deadline. I might wake up right before deadline but I doubt it.

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 30, 2019, 10:49:15 am »

MiX feels pretty much the same as he did in the only other game I played: he was town. However, I was scum that game, so coulda been biased because I totally knew what he was. But still. I'm not getting on the MiX wagon.

Your last post was also a defense of me; I get it, it won a game for you, but instead of defending me you should find a scumread and push it. You haven't done much with your vote, seems like you ran out of things to do.
My scumread is Faust. But I tried gunning against him, and look how that worked out. Everybody saying "Your case sucks" and with no reasons why (except SpaceAnemone, who addressed my dislike of meta rather than the case itself). So I did run out of things to do. I can't attack my scumread, I can't defend my townread. I'm gonna iso ADK and see whether I like lynching him. And I'll be here till about 5 hours to deadline, if it's 5:30 AM.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 30, 2019, 10:49:50 am »

I fear that you or me die this day: if you had to, who would you vote? Quoting this because Joseph seems to be a viable lynch as well.

Are you asking who I would vote between you and me? You, obviously, but I don't think we should get in the mindset of lynching in a subset of players. Anything's possible with a plurality lynch.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: April 30, 2019, 10:55:21 am »

MiX feels pretty much the same as he did in the only other game I played: he was town. However, I was scum that game, so coulda been biased because I totally knew what he was. But still. I'm not getting on the MiX wagon.

Your last post was also a defense of me; I get it, it won a game for you, but instead of defending me you should find a scumread and push it. You haven't done much with your vote, seems like you ran out of things to do.
My scumread is Faust. But I tried gunning against him, and look how that worked out. Everybody saying "Your case sucks" and with no reasons why (except SpaceAnemone, who addressed my dislike of meta rather than the case itself). So I did run out of things to do. I can't attack my scumread, I can't defend my townread. I'm gonna iso ADK and see whether I like lynching him. And I'll be here till about 5 hours to deadline, if it's 5:30 AM.

Get. More. Scum. Reads. Please? You did last time (in a very fake way, really) so I know you can do the same.

Are you asking who I would vote between you and me? You, obviously, but I don't think we should get in the mindset of lynching in a subset of players. Anything's possible with a plurality lynch.

No, I'm asking, if you had to vote someone right now, who would that be? I understand that you're not ready, but at this point I want more from you.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: April 30, 2019, 10:58:50 am »

Well why is this the case? I've heard your ari case but why is ADK less scummy?

*sigh*

I have concrete reasons to believe ari is scum (did a thing which is a personal scum tell, case on faust feels fake, the whole weird buddying/defending thing you two have going on). I have only abstract reasons to believe ADK might be (feels off, voting patterns are trending toward opportunistic). Honestly, my read on ADK is more null than scum.

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #466 on: April 30, 2019, 11:00:05 am »

Get. More. Scum. Reads. Please? You did last time (in a very fake way, really) so I know you can do the same.

Wait what? Making up fake scum reads as scum and coming up with actual scum reads as town are completely different skill sets. How does his ability to do one tell you anything about his ability to do the other?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 30, 2019, 11:08:58 am »

Iso'd ADK, he kept me accountable on many of my worse points, and forced me to answer a question I missed. He also seems generally townie IMHO. Here's another wagon I'm not getting on, without a good case or something. Faust, order these from most to least scummy: Me, MiX, ADK, Joseph. And before anyone says "But Ari, you said Faust was your scumread!" I KNOW. Faust still is.

Jothenoah has arbitrarily hated me all game. Did an iso, not liking it to much. I wont get more specific, because obviously that would help scum.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 30, 2019, 11:13:25 am »

Wait what? Making up fake scum reads as scum and coming up with actual scum reads as town are completely different skill sets. How does his ability to do one tell you anything about his ability to do the other?

It's a pretty bad joke, but I'm still proud of it. The point was that ari's been through been asked to have more scumreads by me.

Who's a player that hasn't been talked about at all today? I want to lynch them.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 30, 2019, 11:18:18 am »

Iso'd ADK, he kept me accountable on many of my worse points, and forced me to answer a question I missed. He also seems generally townie IMHO. Here's another wagon I'm not getting on, without a good case or something. Faust, order these from most to least scummy: Me, MiX, ADK, Joseph. And before anyone says "But Ari, you said Faust was your scumread!" I KNOW. Faust still is.

Jothenoah has arbitrarily hated me all game. Did an iso, not liking it to much. I wont get more specific, because obviously that would help scum.

1. It's not arbitrary
2. I don't hate you

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 30, 2019, 11:18:39 am »

It's a pretty bad joke, but I'm still proud of it. The point was that ari's been through been asked to have more scumreads by me.

Who's a player that hasn't been talked about at all today? I want to lynch them.

chairs?

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 30, 2019, 11:21:28 am »

1. It's not arbitrary
2. I don't hate you

I want to emphasize #2 here because I know I can be a little harsh sometimes in-game, but at the end of the day it is just a game and as a human being I like you just fine and think you're very nice.

He/him

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 30, 2019, 11:31:58 am »

1. It's not arbitrary
2. I don't hate you

I want to emphasize #2 here because I know I can be a little harsh sometimes in-game, but at the end of the day it is just a game and as a human being I like you just fine and think you're very nice.
Apologies. "Hate" was an unnecessarily strong word, and it didn't apply. I think you're fine and nice as well. What I meant to say was you've been arbitrarily considering me to be scum all game. Vote: Chairs Why? I know why: I'm just not gonna say it. ...Fine, it's because we haven't talked about him all game and I want to spark discussion.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 30, 2019, 11:33:41 am »

1. It's not arbitrary
2. I don't hate you

Apologies. "Hate" was an unnecessarily strong word, and it didn't apply. I think you're fine and nice as well. What I meant to say was you've been arbitrarily considering me to be scum all game. Vote: Chairs Why? I know why: I'm just not gonna say it. ...Fine, it's because we haven't talked about him all game and I want to spark discussion.

There won't be a discussion this close to deadline. My thought was: why is everyone on the viable lynch pool very towny and/or joth? And I feel like the answer is there's scum in whoever we haven't even touched yet.

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 30, 2019, 11:41:34 am »

1. It's not arbitrary
2. I don't hate you

There won't be a discussion this close to deadline. My thought was: why is everyone on the viable lynch pool very towny and/or joth? And I feel like the answer is there's scum in whoever we haven't even touched yet.
We haven't touched Faust. Everybody just takes his towniness as guaranteed. And I disagree regarding discussion: we've got a day, I think we can at least make something we can look back on in later days, even if we don't lynch chairs today.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 68  All

Page created in 0.247 seconds with 20 queries.