Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 68  All

Author Topic: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Game Over! Town won!)  (Read 193294 times)

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: M122: Lalight's run out of ideas Mafia (Day 1!)
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2019, 10:54:25 am »

vote: arishipshape for jumping on Joseph for what was clearly a joke (claiming a role not even in the setup) and treating it like a legit claim. Feels disingenuous.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2019, 11:02:36 am »

vote: arishipshape for jumping on Joseph for what was clearly a joke (claiming a role not even in the setup) and treating it like a legit claim. Feels disingenuous.
I'm not treating it like a claim! I'm saying he lied, ergo he has a higher chance of being scum! Joking is not wise to do in a mafia game. Unless, of course, your goal is to spread confusion. Then joke all you want. Who do we know that benefits from confusion?
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2019, 11:05:44 am »

I'm the SK

Well Joseph isn’t scum.

vote: Joseph

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2019, 11:07:00 am »

I'm not treating it like a claim! I'm saying he lied, ergo he has a higher chance of being scum! Joking is not wise to do in a mafia game. Unless, of course, your goal is to spread confusion. Then joke all you want. Who do we know that benefits from confusion?

But you've seen what happened last time he did it: he was town and the claim did absolutely nothing. I think I speak for all of us when I say that Joseph saying "I am the SK" translates to "I am Joseph" when said by him and has no other meaning behind it.

I'm the SK

Well Joseph isn’t scum.

Vote: gkrieg

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2019, 11:10:00 am »

But you've seen what happened last time he did it: he was town and the claim did absolutely nothing. I think I speak for all of us when I say that Joseph saying "I am the SK" translates to "I am Joseph" when said by him and has no other meaning behind it.

I'm the SK

Well Joseph isn’t scum.

Vote: gkrieg

It is very established that you are right. That is just how Joseph starts games now.

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2019, 11:18:53 am »

I'm the SK

Well Joseph isn’t scum.

...WHAT? What even is this!? I'll grant you guys have a point about Joseph. But seriously, be precise in your speech town! Don't lie, don't be ambiguous, be consistent, be CLEAR! Saying Joseph isn't scum and then voting him makes zero sense. Vote:gkrieg13. I'm aware my vote flying around willy nilly probably looks scummy, but people keep disproving my points.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2019, 11:32:41 am »

Good morning everyone!

So the thought I had on the setup is that I think the town promoter (if they exist) should just claim off the bat. It would create a pseudo-IC and give us info on the setup without actually revealing anything to scum, and it isn't a PR that we're worried about scum knowing about since it's negative utility. So unless there's something that I'm missing, there's really no downside to them claiming.

How does it create a pseudo-IC? What stops the scum-aligned promoter from claiming town promoter?
This

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2019, 11:35:07 am »

Good morning everyone!

So the thought I had on the setup is that I think the town promoter (if they exist) should just claim off the bat. It would create a pseudo-IC and give us info on the setup without actually revealing anything to scum, and it isn't a PR that we're worried about scum knowing about since it's negative utility. So unless there's something that I'm missing, there's really no downside to them claiming.

How does it create a pseudo-IC? What stops the scum-aligned promoter from claiming town promoter?
This

They would risk getting caught eventually if the traitor ever flips.

To add something here: I think the only real drawback is that scum won't NK Promoter, which makes it easier to hit our good PRs. But getting an IC or a guaranteed lynch down the line is just soooo good I think the odds are in favour of claiming.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2019, 11:40:36 am »

I just had surgery, so I'm vla for awhile. I don't know exactly how long. After that I will have tons of time sitting at home

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2019, 12:01:54 pm »

I just had surgery, so I'm vla for awhile. I don't know exactly how long. After that I will have tons of time sitting at home
Oh wow, I hope everything went well. Have a swift recovery!
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2019, 12:02:31 pm »

Unrelated note: Well done gkrieg.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2019, 12:03:05 pm »

Vote: ADK

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2019, 12:11:32 pm »

Faust, is this a pressure vote, or do you have some sort of reason to believe A Drowned Kernel is scummy or something? Explain.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2019, 12:14:23 pm »

Faust, is this a pressure vote, or do you have some sort of reason to believe A Drowned Kernel is scummy or something? Explain.
I have some sort of reason to vote for ADK.

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2019, 12:15:25 pm »

...Would you care to explain this reason? Preferably in glorious detail?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2019, 12:16:13 pm »

Unrelated note: Well done gkrieg.

This reminds me: What's gkrieg's meta? With his, feel free to explain chairs joth and Galzria's metas as well, I just realized I haven't played with them yet.

...Would you care to explain this reason? Preferably in glorious detail?

Your time is better spent elsewhere.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2019, 12:30:52 pm »

I'm the SK

Well Joseph isn’t scum.

Yep, it's gotta be a vote: Joseph.

Nice to see you again, gkrieg :-)

I'm suddenly rather busier than I expected to be, so I'm kind of under-prepared for this game. I know get frustrated when people claim they haven't read the setup, but yeah, here's me more or less not having thought about anything at all yet. Sorry!
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2019, 12:33:25 pm »

This reminds me: What's gkrieg's meta? With his, feel free to explain chairs joth and Galzria's metas as well, I just realized I haven't played with them yet.

Joth tends to be very flippant and sarcastic, which sometimes makes people read him as scum, but it's actually not indicative of his alignment at all. He's not usually confrontational and tends to try to de-escalate when other players get heated towards one another.

Obligatory twinclaim: joth is my literal twin.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2019, 01:25:17 pm »

And that is...?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2019, 01:48:45 pm »

I'm the SK

Well Joseph isn’t scum.

...WHAT? What even is this!? I'll grant you guys have a point about Joseph. But seriously, be precise in your speech town! Don't lie, don't be ambiguous, be consistent, be CLEAR! Saying Joseph isn't scum and then voting him makes zero sense. Vote:gkrieg13. I'm aware my vote flying around willy nilly probably looks scummy, but people keep disproving my points.

lol, chill a little

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2019, 01:48:57 pm »

Get well soon!

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2019, 01:50:12 pm »

I'm the SK

Well Joseph isn’t scum.

Yep, it's gotta be a vote: Joseph.

Nice to see you again, gkrieg :-)

I'm suddenly rather busier than I expected to be, so I'm kind of under-prepared for this game. I know get frustrated when people claim they haven't read the setup, but yeah, here's me more or less not having thought about anything at all yet. Sorry!

Nice to see you too! Though claiming not to have read the setup is obviously super disingenuous of you, so... vote: Space :)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2019, 01:52:58 pm »

Woooo so happy to be back!

Some quick setup info because I think it helps to make sure town is aware and scum will have discussed/analyzed the setup a lot.

There can only be one promoter and mafia (including traitor) know which one exists.
There is only one of the Jester/Lyncher existing and the cop/vengeful townie/psychologist/tracker know which one exists.

A promoter claim is scary.

If we have a town promoter their claim is okay, they become an ic when The Godfather flips but means nothing before then because it could be mafia lying.
If we have a town promoter and mafia pretends to claim it is a 1v1 which is great.
If we have a town promoter and the jester pretends to claim it is perfect for the jester. Mafia can easily avoid hammering as they know they are not the town promoter and not fake claiming.

If we have a mafia promoter most likely they won’t claim and then all non mafia power roles will instantly know the entire setup.
If we have a mafia promoter the mafia traitor could claim promoter to signify to the mafia they exist and they know there is no town promoter.
If we have a mafia promoter the jester could again claim to confuse people or counter claim which would make mafia(or traitor) aware of who the jester but would be forced to keep up the ruse and try to kill the jester.

What all this says to me is that the jester wants us to “force” a promoter claim really bad I think.
It also provides a potential way for the traitor to come out to their partners. In the end it does t help town that much either so I think strict no promoter claim is the right way to go.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2019, 01:55:05 pm »

I didn't know this started. Reading it now. Hi friends.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2019, 01:55:11 pm »

As far as players go I wish I knew arishape better because I feel like if I did I would know their alignment already. They seem to be playing relatively straightforward and not a lot of pre-thought to their posts.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 68  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 19 queries.