Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 51  All

Author Topic: RMM53: A Series of Unfortunate Nightkills (Game Over: Town wins)  (Read 147327 times)

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: RMM53: A Series of Unfortunate Nightkills (Day 1)
« Reply #250 on: May 09, 2019, 01:38:50 pm »

Vote: e

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 09, 2019, 01:51:32 pm »

How is it passive, though?

That he's Volunteer? Yeah, I do. Why?

Has he claimed something else and I missed it?

Because I felt like asking.  It's the only thing of substance that's happened this game and I figured if anybody would have a long, convoluted, scummy response it would be you.  You surprised me.  I'm interested to see how this plays out.

Bolding mine.

Seems like something out of place for raerae.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #252 on: May 09, 2019, 01:56:58 pm »

Awaclus, do you still believe that a mass volunteer claim would be good?

Yeah, I do still think the overall benefits and downsides would add up to better than nothing. What I don't like about the current situation is that scum knows who I'm going to target unless more people claim non-volunteer, and even if they don't hopefully have any idea what my power does, that information might come in handier for them than I would like.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 09, 2019, 01:59:27 pm »

Yeah, I do still think the overall benefits and downsides would add up to better than nothing. What I don't like about the current situation is that scum knows who I'm going to target unless more people claim non-volunteer, and even if they don't hopefully have any idea what my power does, that information might come in handier for them than I would like.

What I don't like is that you just told everyone who you're going to target. Like, right now.

Vote: Awaclus

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #254 on: May 09, 2019, 02:02:07 pm »

What I don't like is that you just told everyone who you're going to target. Like, right now.

I don't expect scum to be a bunch of idiots so I just told everyone nothing they didn't already know.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: May 09, 2019, 02:05:00 pm »

Awaclus - is there a way down the road we are going to be able to determine you are not skum trying to get a skummy plan off?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #256 on: May 09, 2019, 02:07:14 pm »

Awaclus - is there a way down the road we are going to be able to determine you are not skum trying to get a skummy plan off?

Yes.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 09, 2019, 02:08:32 pm »

Extra-delay OMGUS? What's this about?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 09, 2019, 02:09:02 pm »

Also I'm back to vote: WCD
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 09, 2019, 03:05:43 pm »

That, and he hasn't said much besides semi-joking he's town, and semi-joking ADK is town. I'm scumreading it, though I'm partially voting because I don't see anyone better (worse?) to vote for.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 09, 2019, 04:03:52 pm »

On a scumhinting note, vote: Europe I think he has posted a decent amount but not really said much of anything.

I like the thought but I feel like that's just an Eddie thing

Ouch.

And I may as well say this here, but I will be pretty empty of actual content for awhile as I am going to be prepping for, then subsequently enjoying some online friend people who are visiting this week. I imagine I should be able to do something around Saturday at least. (I hope).

Vote: raerae for now.

You know I hate it when you do that.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 09, 2019, 04:08:17 pm »

Why should you care who he targets with the power nobody but him knows he has?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 09, 2019, 04:09:36 pm »

That, and he hasn't said much besides semi-joking he's town, and semi-joking ADK is town. I'm scumreading it, though I'm partially voting because I don't see anyone better (worse?) to vote for.

How do you feel about awaclus?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 09, 2019, 04:11:17 pm »

Mostly because he does, yet he just said who he was targetting with no ambiguity for no reason whatsoever.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #264 on: May 09, 2019, 04:19:01 pm »

Mostly because he does, yet he just said who he was targetting with no ambiguity for no reason whatsoever.

There was no ambiguity about it to begin with.

Well, let's say I specifically want to target non-VFDs with my power, and all other things considered, it makes it worth it (even if some scums don't claim volunteer).

If you agree with me that this is a problem, blame the people who aren't claiming non-VFD. I'm doing my best to convince them otherwise.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 09, 2019, 04:25:03 pm »

There was no ambiguity about it to begin with.

Well, let's say I specifically want to target non-VFDs with my power, and all other things considered, it makes it worth it (even if some scums don't claim volunteer).

If you agree with me that this is a problem, blame the people who aren't claiming non-VFD. I'm doing my best to convince them otherwise.

Hmm...okay. That's...okay.

Vote: ash

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 09, 2019, 04:57:32 pm »

How do you feel about awaclus?
He's my #2 vote.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 09, 2019, 05:08:04 pm »

I still don't understand why this a bad thing or why you find it so offensive.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 09, 2019, 05:19:34 pm »

Because it felt like he was giving more information than he needed to and than he already had. But then I realized something and I stopped voting for him.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 09, 2019, 05:30:02 pm »

Because it felt like he was giving more information than he needed to and than he already had. But then I realized something and I stopped voting for him.

But why are you faulting somebody for giving the information they decided is important? And what is this magical "something" you realized? I don't understand why you scumread him for giving information. What, specifically, is scummy about that?

See, I think you're reaching to find something scummy, I think you got called out and backed off. So, if that isn't the case, please explain your logic, if it is then you can just about you're school and we can close out this day easy peasy.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: May 09, 2019, 05:40:20 pm »

I realized that, from his perspective, since he knows his role, he thought he gave more information than he did. That's not scummy, in fact, that makes perfect sense from a town!Awaclus perspective. So I backed off.

I guess last time you thought I was scummy for backing off a case you were right, so I understand your pressure here.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #271 on: May 09, 2019, 05:44:58 pm »

I realized that, from his perspective, since he knows his role, he thought he gave more information than he did.

What is this information? First I revealed the fact that I'm going to be targeting a non-VFD due to pressure from pubby. Later I said that scum knows who I'm going to target, which was true.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #272 on: May 09, 2019, 05:46:36 pm »

In other news, FoS on everyone not claiming non-VFD.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 09, 2019, 05:48:54 pm »

Want to target and will target are different. I understand that from your perspective they're the same, but not from mine. Anyway this makes perfect sense from a town perspective, it's just something I wasn't thinking about when I voted for you since I don't know your role.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #274 on: May 09, 2019, 05:53:08 pm »

Want to target and will target are different. I understand that from your perspective they're the same

From scum's perspective they're also the same. No scum team ever is going to read "I want to target MiX" and think "oh I'm sure he means he's not going to target MiX, let's decide our night actions around the knowledge that he's not going to target MiX".

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.