Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 51  All

Author Topic: RMM53: A Series of Unfortunate Nightkills (Game Over: Town wins)  (Read 147461 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

Welcome to "A Series of Unfortunate Nightkills", a semi-open mafia game based on Lemony Snicket's "A Series of Unfortunate Events".

Moderated by jotheonah and Glooble

This space held for rules, player lists, day starts, etc.

1. A Drowned Kernel
2. shraeye
3. 2.71828.....
4. MiX
5. Awaclus
6. raerae
7. WestCoastDidds
8. DatSwan
9. ashersky
10. UncleEurope
11. pubby
12. mcmcsalot
13. faust

General rules

Changes to the usual rule sets are marked in purple.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun!  Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game. Please read The Civility Pledge before signing up for any mafia game on this site.  If you have not /pledged there, you cannot play. Excessive personal attacks or uncivil behavior may be dealt with by modifiers or modkills.

1. General Gameplay and Etiquette:

1. You may not quote information (either real or fabricated) from any game-related source other than the thread you are posting in. This means no quotes from PMs and no quotes from QTs in the main thread or in another QT. Paraphrasing is acceptable. If you are unsure whether a post is legal, please ask the moderator before posting.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings and the QTs or other mechanisms specifically designed for this purpose.
3. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 12 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.

2. Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:

1. Day phases will last 5 days, Night lasts at least 48 hours. Night action deadline is 36 hours after night start. Some night actions in this game may require multiple back and forth communications with the mods. In those cases, the 36 hour deadline is for the last player submission, so please initiate the interaction before that.
2. Barring certain role-related powers, a simple majority (rounded up) of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline.
3. Once you have reached a majority necessary to lynch, no further unvoting will change someone’s fate. Further votes will also be ignored.
4. Once a player is lynched, the game enters twilight until the mod locks the thread; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
5. If the deadline is hit without a player reaching the majority of votes, the vote is treated as a No Lynch
6. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName.  Votes in another format may or may not be counted. This is up to the mod's discretion. Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
7. Please submit vote revocations Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
8. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
10. Any time you are dead (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post in the game or in shared Quicktopics. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent.
11. If the thread is locked, you may not post.  Threads can be locked for various reasons, but no matter what the reason, you may not post.  The mod may forget to lock the thread, but if they say it is locked, it is still locked. Glooble will not be able to modify posts or lock the thread, but he is full co-mod, so please respect his thread locks as law.

3. Miscellaneous/Mechanics:

1. Purple text is reserved for the mods. No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please discuss this in your role QT.  Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mods may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently.  Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mods so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods of missing players may be issued after 24 hours of no activity.  A prodded player has 24 hours to respond or risks replacement.  A player who has been prodded 2 times is subject to replacement under without further notice. Players with announced VLA are exempt from this rule the first time it happens.
6. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.  Treat this game as a commitment.  Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging. Players who fail to post for 48 hours without an announcement risk being subject to replacement and/or being modkilled without further notice.
7. Please do not discuss ongoing games, it can unintentionally affect the other game. Do not discuss this game in any thread that is not directly related to it.
8. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, which may include modkill(s) if needed.
9. Players who discover they are too busy to play in a game or want to leave the game for civility issues are not allowed to officially /out in the thread.  A request to /out must only be done via a post in the role QT. Please do not use this as a manipulation technique.  (Note players may continue to threaten to /out or imply that they might as long as it does not include an official request). Requests to /out are final once submitted. There will be no /outing and then /inning back into the game so make sure that when you /out you have thought it through and really want to do it. Players that can't be replaced will simply be mod-killed. Whether your request to /out will lead to replacement or a modkill is up to the mod's discretion.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 12:52:19 pm by jotheonah »
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMM53: A Series of Unfortunate Nightkills (sign-ups open)
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 11:22:33 am »

I implore you, if you value your happiness, click away from this mafia game. There are many other games you can play on this site, and none is as filled with gloom and despair as this game, which tells the story of the orphaned Baudelaire children.

You still have a chance to reconsider typing “/in”. And while it is my solemn duty to moderate this somber game, you have no such duty.

“A Series of Unfortunate Nightkills” is a semi-open setup for 13 players, a word which here means that while some information about the setup will be made public, a good deal more will not. For instance, it will be made public that three players are Baudelaire children and that these three players, who will share a Quicktopic forum, must have at least one survivor in order for the town faction to win. And it will be made public that three other town players are Volunteer members of the VFD, a secret organization working to protect the Baudelaires.

On the other hand, the identities of these players, their powers, the powers of the other four town players, and the powers and identities of the three Arsonists out to kill the Baudelaire children, are all hidden information, a phrase which here means it will only be included in part in select private messages at the start of the game. The existence, purpose, and location of the sugar bowl will also remain a mystery.

The object of the game is to eliminate all three Arsonists while preserving the lives of at least one Beaudelaire child. Unless, of course, you happen to have received one of the three PMs that designates you an arsonist, a splinter faction of the VFD who have dedicated their lives to starting fires, in which case your objective is to kill all three Baudelaires, as quickly and efficiently as possible.

This game will be full of death, despair and unhappy endings, and if you wish to sign up for some other game, such as Pony Party Mafia, no one will think less of you. However, if you still wish to participate in the sad tale about to unfold, sign up here.

-- Lemony Snicket
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 11:03:21 am by jotheonah »
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 11:29:45 am »

/in
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 11:35:25 am »

Yessssss, that's my flavor.

\in

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 11:41:04 am »

/in

Even though I already know I will lose
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 11:54:53 am »

/in

Great, now I'll be in 2 games...

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 01:16:05 pm »

/in
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2019, 03:49:26 pm »

/tag
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2019, 04:35:16 pm »

I actually hosted a s.o.u.e mafia once, but because the story was so unpleasant, I took the logical conclusion and didn't tell it past the opening flavor (somehow Lemony always decides to print his books anyway!)

Might sign in if it's still open at 5.5

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2019, 05:28:21 pm »

I actually hosted a s.o.u.e mafia once, but because the story was so unpleasant, I took the logical conclusion and didn't tell it past the opening flavor (somehow Lemony always decides to print his books anyway!)

Might sign in if it's still open at 5.5

Really! Here on f.ds or elsewhere?

He/him

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2019, 05:42:07 pm »

I would not host games anywhere else! It was duel mafia.

... but it seems like I didn't actually put flavor anywhere except into that one post. I do remember that I was planning to write more flavor, though, I just didn't know how to when it came time to actually do it.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2019, 05:59:23 pm »

/IN!!!

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2019, 06:00:40 pm »

Also, I think it's known that joth has the best flavor on site, right?  Have we ever voted on that?  I'm voting on that.

vobe: joth

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2019, 10:27:12 pm »

I thought I was auto /in!?!?!
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2019, 10:27:57 pm »

Also, I think it's known that joth has the best flavor on site, right?  Have we ever voted on that?  I'm voting on that.

+1
Vobe: Joth

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2019, 02:44:07 am »

/in sauce
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2019, 10:07:29 am »

/in sauce

As much as I love your owl, I missed the sweet pup face! Is that your dog?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2019, 02:50:58 pm »

Flattery will not get you a better role assignment!

But it is appreciated.

He/him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2019, 04:01:57 pm »

/in sauce

Yep - he is much less puppy now as opposed to the picture tho :P
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2019, 04:52:13 pm »

/in sauce

Yep - he is much less puppy now as opposed to the picture tho :P

He is fantastic! What is his name?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2019, 05:23:42 am »

/in
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2019, 10:01:01 am »

Your mods met in person this weekend to hash out outstanding details and try to break the setup. We now have something we're 99 percent happy with, so we should be ready to start as soon as it fills.

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2019, 04:54:50 pm »

All of the role PMs have now been written. They are a bit more elaborate than role PMs typically are and honestly, I'm quite proud of them.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2019, 08:46:55 pm »

All of the role PMs have now been written. They are a bit more elaborate than role PMs typically are and honestly, I'm quite proud of them.

Glooble and a Joth are awesome. Everyone knows this. It is known.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2019, 10:18:13 pm »

I. Cannot. Wait.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.