Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51  All

Author Topic: RMM53: A Series of Unfortunate Nightkills (Game Over: Town wins)  (Read 149376 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMM53: A Series of Unfortunate Nightkills (Day 5)
« Reply #1200 on: May 26, 2019, 09:18:53 am »

You guys are too fast! I won’t have time for a final vote count and ending flavor until after church. Maybe Glooble will. We have a lot of thoughts to share about the set up, things that worked, things that didn’t, what the sugar bowl did. Suffice it to say it was swingier than we meant it to be and ended up a bit rough for scum, though they very nearly won.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: May 26, 2019, 09:19:42 am »

You guys are too fast! I won’t have time for a final vote count and ending flavor until after church. Maybe Glooble will. We have a lot of thoughts to share about the set up, things that worked, things that didn’t, what the sugar bowl did. Suffice it to say it was swingier than we meant it to be and ended up a bit rough for scum, though they very nearly won.

So the game is over?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: May 26, 2019, 09:23:04 am »

His targets were absolutely perfect and his claim was also top notch, no scum would ever do that with such perseverence.

Well, definitely in retrospect I would agree my targets were absolutely perfect, but everything was kind of offered to me on a silver plate other than the decision to target faust, and it doesn't seem like I made all that big of a difference even with the targets being good.

Well I think you made more of a difference than you think. But I understand this thought. Yeah maybe raerae gets MVP for figuring out everything, then again she had all the info. Oh well.

"All the info"?? I knew who a Baudelaire was, that's it.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: May 26, 2019, 09:30:44 am »

His targets were absolutely perfect and his claim was also top notch, no scum would ever do that with such perseverence.

Well, definitely in retrospect I would agree my targets were absolutely perfect, but everything was kind of offered to me on a silver plate other than the decision to target faust, and it doesn't seem like I made all that big of a difference even with the targets being good.

Well I think you made more of a difference than you think. But I understand this thought. Yeah maybe raerae gets MVP for figuring out everything, then again she had all the info. Oh well.

"All the info"?? I knew who a Baudelaire was, that's it.

All the info...town had. Right? I think you have everyone's roles, unless VFD are weirder than I thought.

I agree that the game's really swingy and town sided, but scum got pretty lucky so it ended up being even. This is a relatively fast setup where scum need to make gambits. I think one reason we lost was simply not knowing anything, if we knew VFD knew Baudelaires we could actually claim it. Also, don't give Godfather a VFD fakeclaim...just imagine if I claimed to be Larry and Awaclus targetted me?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: May 26, 2019, 09:34:21 am »

Volunteers each knew one of the baudelaires, and we all at some point correctly guessed that each of the other volunteers knew the other baudelaires. That's pretty much it.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: May 26, 2019, 09:35:46 am »

Also unless I'm mistaken we're all semi-doctors, so you wouldn't have been able to kill shraeye until at least two of us were down. Basically it was super lucky that we killed faust when we did.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: May 26, 2019, 09:36:27 am »

Also unless I'm mistaken we're all semi-doctors, so you wouldn't have been able to kill shraeye until at least two of us were down. Basically it was super lucky that we killed faust when we did.

What??? Oh then why did I even try? I had already lost lol.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: May 26, 2019, 09:41:52 am »

This is why Awaclus might be MVP. Seriously, we needed faust alive so badly.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: RMM53: A Series of Unfortunate Nightkills (Day 1)
« Reply #1208 on: May 26, 2019, 10:07:49 am »

Vote: faust

Unless anybody else wants to fakeclaim.

This looked like raerae already knew faust was scum before I reported my result in the thread.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1209 on: May 26, 2019, 10:12:18 am »

I am a little proud of my faust target though. I was pretty sure that roleblocking me N1 was faust's idea from his reaction to me advocating for the plan, so I thought he could have been the last Baudelaire and told WCD to do it, or scum, but it would have been very unlikely for town to have another roleblocker in addition to WCD's 1-shot which is why I was more than 2/3 confident that a VFD result would mean guilty. I also liked choosing a non-obvious target and being able to (falsely) imply that I'm out of shots.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: May 26, 2019, 10:20:00 am »

Althought it WAS faust's plan, it was pretty obvious we had to do it if we weren't killing shraeye, which we did think about. I guess raerae had already figured out everything, huh...

Good job raerae, you were clearly what made town win.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: May 26, 2019, 10:23:20 am »

He was dead regardless of Awaclus' result but it certainly did make us more confident.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: May 26, 2019, 10:31:46 am »

He was dead regardless of Awaclus' result but it certainly did make us more confident.

Why was faust scummier than me? I never found the answer to that.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: May 26, 2019, 11:10:25 am »

How quickly did you guys figure out the Baudelaires btw?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: May 26, 2019, 11:45:13 am »

How quickly did you guys figure out the Baudelaires btw?

E was a lucky hit, Didds revealed herself when she talked about a scum list, specifically how faust was "number 5", both faust and uncle thought that was weird, and mcmc looked like it because Didds AND raerae both noticed he was lurking in a generally weird way. We were between mcmc and shraeye because Swan did some weird things that didn't make a lot of sense as Baudelaire, which meant once mcmc flipped we knew it was shraeye. I think talking about reads at all kinda helps scum too much here, since they can PoE Baudelaire so fast after they flip. Oh, and it wasn't ash because we (faust) eventually figured out ash was the messenger, which made little sense as Baudelaire, given the flips.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: May 26, 2019, 11:46:13 am »

Hey, my turn to ask things! What did the message you got actually say ADK?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: May 26, 2019, 11:51:50 am »

The poem that I'm now assuming was from Ash said that towns hopes rested "in the sky", which I thought could refer to either ash or swan. I didn't think either of them was a baudelaire though so I was skeptical of the poems veracity
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: May 26, 2019, 11:56:14 am »

The poem that I'm now assuming was from Ash said that towns hopes rested "in the sky", which I thought could refer to either ash or swan. I didn't think either of them was a baudelaire though so I was skeptical of the poems veracity

Yeah it was from ash. Mine said "the player you abhorred sits contrary to the seeds you have sown" (if I can't quote it, what's gonna happen, do I get modkilled? I accept that), which was clearly (after 3 IRL days of thinking about these words) ash saying that player, which was him, because I was scumreading ash to hell and back in D1, was town. As for the sender, he simply mentioned "the lynch driver", which I first assumed was Swan (since he was the first one on my wagon) but than faust corrected me after pointing out ash was the second one on my wagon.

Yeah, "sky" kinda has to be asherSKY, obvious in retrospect but I can see Swan making that mistake when referring to himself.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: May 26, 2019, 12:20:23 pm »

Thread Locked for a bit. Thanks for your patience.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMM53: A Series of Unfortunate Nightkills (Day 1)
« Reply #1219 on: May 26, 2019, 12:27:02 pm »

At the beginning of this story, I told you it would have a sad ending. But it is the nature of mafia games that the ending is uncertain. Andin this case, the ending has turned out to be sad for Count Olaf. In this version of the story, Count Olaf's trial ends with a guilty verdict.

MiX has been lynched. He was Count Olaf, the mafia godfather. Game over, Town Wins.

Voting: Final Dénouement

MiX (4): DatSwan, Awaclus, A Drowned Kernel, raerae
Awaclus (1): MiX

Not voting (7) shraeye, ashersky

With 7 alive, it took 4 to lynch.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: May 26, 2019, 12:29:09 pm »

Role PMs:

You are Klaus Baudelaire, one of the three orphans whose sad tale it is the purpose of this game of Mafia to relate. Your siblings, Violet and Sunny, are shraeye and WestCoastDidds respectively, a word which here means that the order in which I have listed the character names is the same as the order in which I have listed the player names. Because you are the protagonists of this story, at least one of the three of you must survive in order for the town to be victorious. As long as this is true, you win when all of the arsonists have been eliminated. You can communicate with your siblings at night in the following QT: [link] These two facts, in a regular Mafia game, would designate you as Survivor Masons.

Because you are exceptionally well-read for your age, and well-versed in library-cataloguing systems, you are what is known in most Mafia games as Tracker, a word which in this context means every night you can target a player to discover who, if anyone, that player targets that night. However, as even the most well-stocked library has limits as to what it can tell you, you will not be able to learn what action that player performed.

Should you for some reason desire to reveal this ability without also revealing your identity as a Baudelaire, it might be prudent to use the identity Fiona Widdershins, as she is a character who appears in the story but is not otherwise utilized in this setup, but who, if she were in this setup, could plausibly be said to have the same ability.

----

You are Violet Baudelaire, one of the three orphans whose sad tale it is the purpose of this game of Mafia to relate. Your siblings, Klaus and Sunny, are 2.71828 and WestCoastDidds respectively, a word which here means that the order in which I have listed the character names is the same as the order in which I have listed the player names. Because you are the protagonists of this story, at least one of the three of you must survive in order for the town to be victorious. As long as this is true, you win when all of the arsonists have been eliminated. You can communicate with your siblings at night in the following QT: [link] These two facts, in a regular Mafia game, would designate you as Survivor Masons.

Though you are only fourteen years old, you are already one of the most promising Inventors in the history of the VFD, though you do not know exactly what the VFD is, other than that it is a mysterious organization somehow connected to both Count Olaf and your parents. You do know, however, how to combine various objects into inventions, which you can then give to other players. You cannot, however, give them to your siblings, as that would be tantamount to keeping them for yourself.

You have access to the following objects:

Wooden board
Marker
Paper
Coat Hanger
Tin Can
String

Once per night, you may combine any two of these objects. You will then be told what you have invented, and what power it will bestow on the player who receives it. At that point you may give the invention to any player (other than, of course, yourself or your siblings.) The objects you used to create that invention cannot be used again.

Should you for some reason desire to reveal this ability without also revealing your identity as a Baudelaire, it might be prudent to use the identity Quigley Quagmire, as he is a character who appears in the story but is not otherwise utilized in this setup, but who, if he were in this setup, could plausibly be said to have the same ability. However, anyone familiar with the setup would be right to be quite skeptical of such a claim, as Violet is confirmed to be in the setup, and her prowess as an inventor is so well-known that it would be unusual for such an ability to be given to anyone else.

-----

You are Sunny Baudelaire, one of the three orphans whose sad tale it is the purpose of this game of Mafia to relate. Your siblings, Violet and Klaus, are 2.71828 and shraeye respectively, a word which here means that the order in which I have listed the character names is the same as the order in which I have listed the player names. Because you are the protagonists of this story, at least one of the three of you must survive in order for the town to be victorious. As long as this is true, you win when all of the arsonists have been eliminated.  You can communicate with your siblings at night in the following QT: [link]. These two facts, in a regular Mafia game, would designate you as Survivor Masons.

Because you are an infant, you are universally beloved, and other people are somewhat unlikely to want to do you harm (except, of course, for Count Olaf and his arsonists, who would not hesitate to, say, throw you off a cliff) and this means, in the context of this game, you will take one additional vote to lynch.

You are also possessed of an unusually sharp set of teeth, and once per game you can use them to bite the hand of another player, rendering that player incapable of performing any action that night (in most mafia games, this ability is referred to as a 1-shot roleblocker.)

Should you for some reason desire to reveal this ability without also revealing your identity as a Baudelaire, it might be prudent to use the identity Mr. Poe, as he is a character who appears in the story but is not otherwise utilized in this setup, but who, if he were in this setup, could plausibly be said to have the same ability, although were Mr. Poe in the setup, he would likely roleblock players by some means other than biting them in the hand. Perhaps “burying them in paperwork”, a phrase that can be used either literally or figuratively.

----

You are Count Olaf, a member of the Arsonists, a wicked splinter faction of the VFD who delight in starting fires, such as the one which destroyed the home of the Baudelaire children, rendering them orphans and beginning this whole series of unfortunate events. You win when all three Baudelaire orphans are eliminated, and you can lay claim to their enormous fortune, or nothing can prevent the same. Your fellow arsonists are [player name] and [player name] and you can communicate with them here: [link]

Every night, one member of your faction can target a player to kill. If you are disturbed by this, please remember I did warn you that this was a gruesome, disturbing game and that other options were available to you. However, as you are playing now, I can only tell you that in this particular game, a player may not perform the factional kill and another action on the same night.

As you are a renowned actor, whose performances have been favorably reviewed in several local publications, and equipped with a VFD disguise kit, you are basically immune to any sort of investigation - any investigation performed on you will return a result of No Result.

Should you wish to claim an identity at some point in the game without revealing your notorious intentions, you might consider taking on the persona of Larry-your-waiter, as that character appears in “A Series of Unfortunate Events” but does not appear in this game.

----

You are Esme Squalor, a member of the Arsonists, a wicked splinter faction of the VFD who delight in starting fires, such as the one which destroyed the home of the Baudelaire children, rendering them orphans and beginning this whole series of unfortunate events. Orphans are currently “out”, so you win when all three Baudelaire orphans are eliminated, or nothing can prevent the same. Your fellow arsonists are [player name] and [player name] and you can communicate with them here: [link]

Every night, one member of your faction can target a player to kill. If you are disturbed by this, please remember I did warn you that this was a gruesome, disturbing game and that other options were available to you. However, as you are playing now, I can only tell you that in this particular game, a player may not perform the factional kill and another action on the same night.

As the city’s sixth-most important financial advisor, you have a certain influence over goings on in town, especially as they relate to what is “in” and what is “out”. In fact, if you decide a particular player is “out” that will prevent them from performing any sort of night action. A less obscure mafia PM might refer to this ability as a Roleblocker, and it is a very powerful and wicked ability indeed.

In addition, due to your clout and your ruthlessness, whether you use your roleblocking ability or perform the factional kill, nothing will be able to prevent you from succeeding at your goal- in a regular mafia game, this would designate you as a Strongman, but as you are a fashionable and intelligent woman, we will refrain from using the term.

Should you wish to claim an identity at some point in the game without revealing your notorious intentions, you might consider taking on the persona of Aunt Josephine, as that character appears in “A Series of Unfortunate Events” but does not appear in this game.

Finally, you begin the game in possession of the sugar bowl, and although I will not reveal to you why this is important, simply know that it is. On the first night of the game you must choose another player, who is not a fellow arsonist, to give the sugar bowl to.

-----

You are Carmelita Spatz, recently recruited member of the Arsonists, a wicked splinter faction of the VFD who delight in starting fires, such as the one which destroyed the home of the Baudelaire children, rendering them orphans and beginning this whole series of unfortunate events. You win when all three of those cake-sniffing orphans are eliminated, or nothing can prevent the same. Your fellow arsonists are [player name] and [player name] and you can communicate with them here: [link]

In addition, you are a Messenger, a role which here means that every night you can choose one other player in the game and send them a coded message. They will not know the origin of this message, only its contents, and while you may, if you wish, compose your message in the form of a cheer ending in your own name, I would advise against it. Whoever you message will, if they choose, be able to reply to your message the following night.

Should you wish to claim an identity at some point in the game without revealing your notorious intentions, you might consider taking on the persona of Duncan Quagmire, as that character appears in “A Series of Unfortunate Events” but does not appear in this game.

----

You are Jacques Snicket, a town-aligned member of the VFD, an organization dedicated to putting out fires, both literal and metaphorical. You have been tasked by the leadership of this organization with protecting the Baudelaire orphans, along with two compatriots whose identities are currently unknown to you. What is known to you is the identity of Klaus Baudelaire -[player name].

You win, in as much as it is possible to win at all when one is already playing such a loathsome and horrible game, when all of the arsonists have been eliminated, or when nothing can prevent this happy eventuality from occurring. You lose if all of the Baudelaires meet a gruesome fate, whether at the hands of the arsonists or misguided townsfolk.

Each night you may select one player to protect. In the event that at least one other Volunteer also targets the same individual, that individual will protected from a single night kill that night.

------

You are Kit Snicket, a town-aligned member of the VFD, an organization dedicated to putting out fires, both literal and metaphorical. You have been tasked by the leadership of this organization with protecting the Baudelaire orphans, along with two compatriots whose identities are currently unknown to you. What is known to you is the identity of Violet Baudelaire -[player name].

You win, in as much as it is possible to win at all when one is already playing such a loathsome and horrible game, when all of the arsonists have been eliminated, or when nothing can prevent this happy eventuality from occurring. You lose if all of the Baudelaires meet a gruesome fate, whether at the hands of the arsonists or misguided townsfolk.

Each night you may select one player to protect. In the event that at least one other Volunteer also targets the same individual, that individual will protected from a single night kill that night.

-----

You are Olivia Caliban, a town-aligned member of the VFD, an organization dedicated to putting out fires, both literal and metaphorical. You have been tasked by the leadership of this organization with protecting the Baudelaire orphans, along with two compatriots whose identities are currently unknown to you. What is known to you is the identity of Sunny Baudelaire -[player name].

-----

You are Ismael, town-aligned former principal of Prufrock Preparatory School and current leader of a suspiciously happy island commune. You win, in as much as it is possible to win at all when one is already playing such a loathsome and horrible game, when all of the arsonists have been eliminated, or when nothing can prevent this happy eventuality from occurring. You lose if all of the Baudelaires meet a gruesome fate, whether at the hands of the arsonists or misguided townsfolk.

You have a role which, in normal mafia parlance, would be described thusly- Even Night Jailkeeper. There is a bird cage on the far side of the island, and on even-numbered nights (when the tide is low enough) you can imprison a player of your choice in this birdcage. That player cannot perform any actions that night (although they still can, and indeed must, pass along the sugar bowl, if they happen to possess it.) However, the player in the cage is also immune to any actions which might be performed on them (although it's possible a very strong man could circumvent this protection, were such an individual to have been included in the setup.)

----

You are Isadora Quagmire, fellow orphan, friend and confidant of the Baudelaire orphans. Since you are town-aligned, you win, in as much as it is possible to win at all when one is already playing such a loathsome and horrible game, when all of the arsonists have been eliminated, or when nothing can prevent this happy eventuality from occurring. You lose if all of the Baudelaires meet a gruesome fate, whether at the hands of the arsonists or misguided townsfolk.

In addition, you are a Messenger, a role which here means that every night you can choose one other player in the game and send them a coded message. They will not know the origin of this message, only its contents, and while we will not force you to compose your messages in rhymed couplets, it would make the moderators very happy, and perhaps result in vobes being distributed to you in a future game. Whoever you message will, if they choose, be able to reply to your message the following night.

-----

You are Lemony Snicket. I know, this is confusing, as it has already been stated that I am Lemony Snicket. Perhaps it would help you to think in these terms- I am the Lemony Snicket who is telling the story, and you are the younger Lemony Snicket, who is still experiencing it.

You are Town-aligned, a phrase which here means you win, in as much as it is possible to win at all when one is already playing such a loathsome and horrible game, when all of the arsonists have been eliminated, or when nothing can prevent this happy eventuality from occurring. You lose if all of the Baudelaires meet a gruesome fate, whether at the hands of the arsonists or misguided townsfolk.

As it is my unhappy duty to relate the story of the Baudelaire orphans, it is your unpleasant role to investigate it, and to discover their identities. Think of yourself as a Baudelaire Cop. Each night you may target a player and be told whether or not that player is a Baudelaire. What you do with this information is up to you.

-----

You are Justice Strauss, a town-aligned player who has concerned herself with chronicling the story of the Baudelaire orphans up to this point, and collecting the necessary evidence to bring Count Olaf to justice (Justice, in this case, referring to the abstract concept, rather than your title.) You win, in as much as it is possible to win at all when one is already playing such a loathsome and horrible game, when all of the arsonists have been eliminated, or when nothing can prevent this happy eventuality from occurring. You lose if all of the Baudelaires meet a gruesome fate, whether at the hands of the arsonists or misguided townsfolk.

You are attempting to compile A Complete History of Injustice, or Odious Lusting After Fortunes, and as such have the following investigative ability- you are a VFD Cop. Each night you can select a player and be told if they are a member of the mysterious organization known as VFD. You have discovered, through your research, that there are six VFD members in this town. Three of them are arsonists, dedicated to killing the Baudelaires, and three of them are noble Volunteers, dedicated to protecting them. Your investigative ability will not tell you which is which, nor will it give you any information about the purpose or whereabouts of the sugar bowl.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: May 26, 2019, 12:31:46 pm »

(role PMs by Glooble)
QTs:

1. A Drowned Kernel - Jacques Snicket  https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/DZ5DNQ7s8ZAn confirmed
2. shraeye - Violet Baudelaire   https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/dybrYJVwhXNkK confirmed
3. 2.71828..... - Klaus Baudelaire https:// www.quicktopic.com/52/H/YrFjPDv7PeiY confirmed
4. MiX - Count Olaf https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/bkKMG4t5xWSF confirmed
5. Awaclus - Justice Strauss https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/2wTLt3LWCiAu confirmed
6. raerae - Kit Snicket https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/twmu5RXKeKVT confirmed
7. WestCoastDidds - Sunny Baudelaire https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/vd9PcUPQgGh6 confirmed
8. DatSwan - Olivia Caliban https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/NjACqkX43gv confirmed
9. ashersky - Isadora Quagmire https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/RrYY6twLkP5j
10. UncleEurope - Carmelita Spatz https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/avzA2mvMABd confirmed
11. pubby - Lemony Snicket https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/gwVq9djfESiiQ confirmed
12. mcmcsalot - Ismael https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/r32xJdH3VhawW confirmed
13. faust - Esme Squalor https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/CQPzQZWqsZVj confirmed

Baudelaire QT:https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/c2bqeNqeXgTt
Arsonist QT: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/qgUZPeTULVW
Tin Can on a String: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/nq22Ey89Z9rX

Speccy: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/u8x9m8CSUU5

Violet's inventions:

1-shot redirector, wooden board + marker (sign)
1-shot double voter, marker + paper (ballot)
 1-shot lightning rod, coat hanger + tin can (lightning rod)
1-shot neighborizer, tin can + string (telephone)
 1-shot investigation blocker, paper + string (mask)
 1-shot roleblocker, string + coat hanger (snare trap)
1-shot sugar bowl retriever, coat hanger + wooden board (shovel)
1-shot commuter, wooden board + paper (boat)
1-shot bus driver, wooden board + tin can (skateboard)
1-shot deflector, wooden board + string (dumbwaiter)
1-shot anonymous post, marker + coat hanger (marker on a stick)
1-shot ninja vig, marker + string (nunchucks)
1-shot labeled can, marker + tin can (labelled can)
1-shot messenger (paper + tin can), message in a bottle.
1-shot governor, paper + coat hanger (white flag)

What the sugar bowl did: It doctors the person it's passed to and makes them loved the following day.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 04:04:38 pm by jotheonah »

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMM53: A Series of Unfortunate Nightkills (Game Over, Town Wins)
« Reply #1223 on: May 26, 2019, 12:42:20 pm »

With all that out of the way, thank you all for playing! This setup was very difficult to balance because it was hard to ascertain how much of an advantage it was to scum to only have to kill three townies to win. We gave town a lot of doctors but they were all hard to use. The idea was that the town would have to use the messengers to share information and that scum could use its messenger to intercept that information and spread misinformation.

It's easy to say the setup was unbalanced toward scum, but in fact had Awaclus not copped faust, scum would have almost certainly won. VFD cop was stronger than we thought it would be, because we gave too much information about the VFD at the start of the setup. Ironically, WCD prevented herself from being saved the night she died by using her one-shot roleblock on the only role that could stop the strongman kill, mcmc's jailkeep.

Anyway, scum played incredibly well, especially faust who was uncanny in his identification and execution of the Baudelaires. Town also played incredibly well, with everyone using their powers effectively. I haven't discussed MVP with Glooble, but my pick would be raerae, who used her info very well, gained the trust of the right people, and then employed the tools she was given perfectly.

Like all role madness games, this was an experiment. There were a lot of good ideas that I was excited about, but I don't think we nailed the execution. So if you feel like your faction was screwed by the setup, I apologize. I hope you all had fun though, as fun is the most important thing!

Thread unlocked forever
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 12:44:10 pm by jotheonah »

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: May 26, 2019, 12:43:41 pm »

Oh and special thanks to Glooble who went above and beyond as co-mod even as I ended up way more IRL busy than expected during this thing. I probably won't be modding anything else for a little while. But everyone should sign up for Doomsday so we can get that thing started because it looks rad.

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51  All

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 20 queries.