Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 51  All

Author Topic: RMM53: A Series of Unfortunate Nightkills (Game Over: Town wins)  (Read 147509 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM53: A Series of Unfortunate Nightkills (Day 4)
« Reply #1000 on: May 22, 2019, 09:55:54 pm »

I am having trouble seeing the downside in sharing reads without tons of details attached.

Skum knows who town is, but their goal right now is to find exactly one person.

Us talking about who we find skummy does not give them any more info than they already have... or info that matters at least. At the end of the day they still need to find Kid number 3.

If anything, Rae should keep reads to themselves, outside of that I see no downside of discussion.

Here I will start:

I think there is Skum in Mix/Faust. I also think that it could be exactly Mix and Faust.

I think based on the Roleblocker flip, along with some reads, that I actually think awaclus is town.

I am treating ADK and Rae as literal IC's.

Ashes is my literal null. I think they are skummy, but the messages have me countering my skummy vibes.

I am the same boarder line confidence level that Shraeye is Town as I am Awaclus is Town.

I would very much like to lynch Faust or Mix today. I really don't know who I prefer.
I also cannot decide if claims would be the most beneficial or not. I guess I think that should be decided by Rae/ADK.

Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
Re: RMM53: A Series of Unfortunate Nightkills (Day 1)
« Reply #1001 on: May 22, 2019, 10:08:19 pm »

Rushing makes no sense really. We now have a scum flip, so it's a good time to reread and figure out who the partners are. But everyone just seems intent on quick voting. I don't think hunting for Eddie's partners will out the last Baudelaire.

So, did you find anything?

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: May 22, 2019, 10:11:22 pm »

I'm ok with Faust claiming

Missed this the first time through, I'm game too.  Go ahead.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: May 22, 2019, 10:35:41 pm »

I am having trouble seeing the downside in sharing reads without tons of details attached.

Skum knows who town is, but their goal right now is to find exactly one person.

Us talking about who we find skummy does not give them any more info than they already have... or info that matters at least. At the end of the day they still need to find Kid number 3.

If anything, Rae should keep reads to themselves, outside of that I see no downside of discussion.

Here I will start:

I think there is Skum in Mix/Faust. I also think that it could be exactly Mix and Faust.

I think based on the Roleblocker flip, along with some reads, that I actually think awaclus is town.

I am treating ADK and Rae as literal IC's.

Ashes is my literal null. I think they are skummy, but the messages have me countering my skummy vibes.

I am the same boarder line confidence level that Shraeye is Town as I am Awaclus is Town.

I would very much like to lynch Faust or Mix today. I really don't know who I prefer.
I also cannot decide if claims would be the most beneficial or not. I guess I think that should be decided by Rae/ADK.
at this point, I prefer faust

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: May 22, 2019, 10:36:05 pm »

Mix, what are your thoughts about ADK saying what seems like "poem might not point to ashersky"?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: May 22, 2019, 11:13:11 pm »

I am ok for a faust lynch but not married to it. I have non-awaclusian reasons for not wanting to share my general reads.

What do you think about him sharing his reads?

I would like him to but I'm not holding my breath
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: May 22, 2019, 11:51:18 pm »

I think faust is most likely scum at this point.

Why?

Some of it is the usual “still alive on D4? He’s scum” stuff. Then there’s the general lack of remarkableness from him this game that feels out of character for him. And then POE.

Assuming the reads of players I read as town are right, scum pool is faust/Awa/MiX?  My own scum reads are ADK and faust, so faust is the common denominator.

You still think ADK is bad news bears?

I think him mistrusting me is keeping me from trusting him. It’s not a great reason, but it’s honest.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: May 23, 2019, 01:24:28 am »

Unvote

@faust, you still down for a MiX lynch?
Yes.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: May 23, 2019, 01:29:11 am »

What Roleblocker flip? Did I miss something? The only flip going in that direction is mcmc, who flipped even-night, and Awaclus claimed to be blocked on an odd night...

Thinking about this, if scum did the blocking of Awaclus, it's curious that they only did so N1. We do not have evidence of anyone else being roleblocked so far.

Awaclus, is it possible that I was your target during N1?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: May 23, 2019, 01:30:49 am »

Well fine. I have the power of commuting. I don't think it is beneficial for me to reveal much more, but I did not commute tonight, so I did not take any action of any kind.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: May 23, 2019, 01:35:17 am »

I also think the scum reads on me are at best lazy and at worst fake. If you look at what I have done this game:

- pushed for an Eddie lynch D1
- gave a powerful artifact to a Baudelaire N1
- opposed the terrible pubby lynch D2

I think you're going to see that I have a very pro-town track record.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: May 23, 2019, 01:39:47 am »

What Roleblocker flip? Did I miss something? The only flip going in that direction is mcmc, who flipped even-night, and Awaclus claimed to be blocked on an odd night...

Thinking about this, if scum did the blocking of Awaclus, it's curious that they only did so N1. We do not have evidence of anyone else being roleblocked so far.

correct you are about blocker. I was referencing MCMC, but you are right, N1 vs even night and all.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: May 23, 2019, 02:03:52 am »

I also think the scum reads on me are at best lazy and at worst fake. If you look at what I have done this game:

- pushed for an Eddie lynch D1
- gave a powerful artifact to a Baudelaire N1
- opposed the terrible pubby lynch D2

I think you're going to see that I have a very pro-town track record.

1) You pushed Eddie... credit there. But you did so in an instance where if you were skum you would of known for a fact 3 of the 4 players in the No Lynch Team were town (at a minimum)... and eddie only go to L2. Then you bailed with everyone to MiX. So yeah, you could be town with a good read on Eddie, but also you could be skum that is capable of making this play on eddie... which you def are capable of.

2) you giving the artifact to a kiddo means nothing unless you are claiming to be the assumed last vfd and knew WCD was a kiddo. without that knowledge... you could easily just be skum and of been passing the artifact around because it is a forced part of your role or something.

3) while I agree the pubby lynch was horrible... I can think of a game not to long ago where I claimed cop results as town in a similar fashion and you snapped lynched me... so I don't really give you much credit for that. plus, add in the potential of conf!bias.

But most importantly it is you claim.... you are a commuter? really? why not just claim 1 shot bullet proof and make it easy on us?

except this is worse. You have simultaneously given yourself a reason to wake up tomorrow by stating you did not commute last night (which is what you would go back to if needed)... but more importantly.... if you can commute, and you are town, you literally just helped skum narrow the pool of people to shoot for tonight... unless of that one very specific reason of if you are the last kid. but if you were the last kid this is not how you would play it.

You are too good of a player to do this as town. You would just keep quiet, or make something up, or claim something that makes you look like the kid without giving a reason not to have skum target you at night.

Then I am torn because you are also too good of a player to do something so obviously bad for town as skum.

You may be the third VFD, you may be some random ass town that for some reason has the ability to commute, and you very likely might be skum.... but you are for sure not the last kid.

*insert a vote for faust here* I am not up to date on the vote count and do not want to accidentally hammer/L1
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: May 23, 2019, 02:12:43 am »

load up the 2-shot commuter claim....
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: May 23, 2019, 02:18:26 am »

I am ok for a faust lynch but not married to it. I have non-awaclusian reasons for not wanting to share my general reads.

What do you think about him sharing his reads?

I would like him to but I'm not holding my breath

non-awaclus part noted.
if you are not married to faust lynch, what lynch are you in to?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: May 23, 2019, 02:26:38 am »

Awaclus I am confused about you reluctance here. Like I get your whole with holding info benefits town bit... but in this instance you have done what?

Day 1 - Pushed for non VFDs to claim.

Night 1 - got blocked?

Day 2 - i can't remember what you did, but it doesn't matter to this point here.

Night 2 - you get some result on Shraeye confirming them as town

Day 3 - "My PR is done, no one needs to claim anything anymore. Shraeye is town".

Night 3 - Assuming nothing?

.... and then here we are in Day 4. So your reluctance to give info could be based on what? who you targeted Night one and what potentially happened Night 3 and what it is your PR actually does?

If you accept rae as what they say they are then there is like *literally* no downside to claiming out all the info you have.... as , just like faust, there is no way you are the remaining kid here. even you would not of played it this way in that case.
real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: May 23, 2019, 02:51:03 am »

Then you bailed with everyone to MiX.
This is a complete misrepresentation; I literally voted MiX with 30 seconds left in the day because that was the only thing with a chance of happening. Also, aren't you making a case that I'm scum with MiX? So how does this fit in?

2) you giving the artifact to a kiddo means nothing unless you are claiming to be the assumed last vfd and knew WCD was a kiddo. without that knowledge... you could easily just be skum and of been passing the artifact around because it is a forced part of your role or something.
Yeah maybe I am just scum who is forced to do things that help town... but really I am just town doing townie things.

3) while I agree the pubby lynch was horrible... I can think of a game not to long ago where I claimed cop results as town in a similar fashion and you snapped lynched me... so I don't really give you much credit for that. plus, add in the potential of conf!bias.
You were lying then. pubby wasn't. This is a false analogy.

except this is worse. You have simultaneously given yourself a reason to wake up tomorrow by stating you did not commute last night (which is what you would go back to if needed)... but more importantly.... if you can commute, and you are town, you literally just helped skum narrow the pool of people to shoot for tonight... unless of that one very specific reason of if you are the last kid. but if you were the last kid this is not how you would play it.

You are too good of a player to do this as town. You would just keep quiet, or make something up, or claim something that makes you look like the kid without giving a reason not to have skum target you at night.
Such bullshit. I remind you that I did not want to claim, but 2 ICs said that I should. You of all people should know what comes out of lying as town.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: May 23, 2019, 03:04:55 am »

Then you bailed with everyone to MiX.
This is a complete misrepresentation; I literally voted MiX with 30 seconds left in the day because that was the only thing with a chance of happening. Also, aren't you making a case that I'm scum with MiX? So how does this fit in?

Yeah maybe I am just scum who is forced to do things that help town... but really I am just town doing townie things.

You were lying then. pubby wasn't. This is a false analogy.

Such bullshit. I remind you that I did not want to claim, but 2 ICs said that I should. You of all people should know what comes out of lying as town.

just because you were right about my lie doesn't mean you didn't do what I said. So not bullshit.

Day 1 is only a "complete mis rep" until you are proven to be town.

I am dialing back on the Faust!Mix case. I am more on the case  of lynch one of you and then if we are wrong lynch the other now.

You don't do towny things as town.

real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: May 23, 2019, 03:06:57 am »

That was also the point where you would attack me, not defend yourself, if you were town.
real good. That’s how

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1019 on: May 23, 2019, 03:57:37 am »

Yes it does. If they don't know who the last Baudelaire is (as is hopefully the case), they would rather kill someone who has correct reads than someone who doesn't. If they have a roleblocker or redirector or anything, they would rather mess with someone who has correct reads than someone who doesn't. The only scum team that doesn't take tons of advantage from knowing town's reads is a team that only consists of people who don't know how to play scum, and it's never a good idea to count your strategy on the assumption that the enemy team is a bunch of idiots because they probably aren't.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1020 on: May 23, 2019, 04:08:13 am »

It's possible if I got redirected but I targeted shraeye as far as I can tell.

If you accept rae as what they say they are then there is like *literally* no downside to claiming out all the info you have.... as , just like faust, there is no way you are the remaining kid here. even you would not of played it this way in that case.

It isn't as if the remaining kid's identity is the only thing scum cares to know at this point. Scum also wants to fakeclaim believably which is difficult if they don't know anything.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1021 on: May 23, 2019, 04:12:03 am »

Well fine. I have the power of commuting. I don't think it is beneficial for me to reveal much more, but I did not commute tonight, so I did not take any action of any kind.

Are you a volunteer?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: May 23, 2019, 04:40:50 am »

Are you a volunteer?
I am not.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1023 on: May 23, 2019, 04:43:00 am »

Are you a volunteer?
I am not.

Great, then you're scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: May 23, 2019, 04:43:15 am »

Are you a volunteer?
I am not.

Great, then you're scum.
I am not.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 51  All

Page created in 2.371 seconds with 19 queries.