Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 51 [All]

Author Topic: RMM53: A Series of Unfortunate Nightkills (Game Over: Town wins)  (Read 11402 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

Welcome to "A Series of Unfortunate Nightkills", a semi-open mafia game based on Lemony Snicket's "A Series of Unfortunate Events".

Moderated by jotheonah and Glooble

This space held for rules, player lists, day starts, etc.

1. A Drowned Kernel
2. shraeye
3. 2.71828.....
4. MiX
5. Awaclus
6. raerae
7. WestCoastDidds
8. DatSwan
9. ashersky
10. UncleEurope
11. pubby
12. mcmcsalot
13. faust

General rules

Changes to the usual rule sets are marked in purple.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun!  Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game. Please read The Civility Pledge before signing up for any mafia game on this site.  If you have not /pledged there, you cannot play. Excessive personal attacks or uncivil behavior may be dealt with by modifiers or modkills.

1. General Gameplay and Etiquette:

1. You may not quote information (either real or fabricated) from any game-related source other than the thread you are posting in. This means no quotes from PMs and no quotes from QTs in the main thread or in another QT. Paraphrasing is acceptable. If you are unsure whether a post is legal, please ask the moderator before posting.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings and the QTs or other mechanisms specifically designed for this purpose.
3. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 12 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.

2. Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:

1. Day phases will last 5 days, Night lasts at least 48 hours. Night action deadline is 36 hours after night start. Some night actions in this game may require multiple back and forth communications with the mods. In those cases, the 36 hour deadline is for the last player submission, so please initiate the interaction before that.
2. Barring certain role-related powers, a simple majority (rounded up) of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline.
3. Once you have reached a majority necessary to lynch, no further unvoting will change someone’s fate. Further votes will also be ignored.
4. Once a player is lynched, the game enters twilight until the mod locks the thread; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
5. If the deadline is hit without a player reaching the majority of votes, the vote is treated as a No Lynch
6. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName.  Votes in another format may or may not be counted. This is up to the mod's discretion. Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
7. Please submit vote revocations Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
8. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
10. Any time you are dead (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post in the game or in shared Quicktopics. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent.
11. If the thread is locked, you may not post.  Threads can be locked for various reasons, but no matter what the reason, you may not post.  The mod may forget to lock the thread, but if they say it is locked, it is still locked. Glooble will not be able to modify posts or lock the thread, but he is full co-mod, so please respect his thread locks as law.

3. Miscellaneous/Mechanics:

1. Purple text is reserved for the mods. No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please discuss this in your role QT.  Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mods may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently.  Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mods so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods of missing players may be issued after 24 hours of no activity.  A prodded player has 24 hours to respond or risks replacement.  A player who has been prodded 2 times is subject to replacement under without further notice. Players with announced VLA are exempt from this rule the first time it happens.
6. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.  Treat this game as a commitment.  Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging. Players who fail to post for 48 hours without an announcement risk being subject to replacement and/or being modkilled without further notice.
7. Please do not discuss ongoing games, it can unintentionally affect the other game. Do not discuss this game in any thread that is not directly related to it.
8. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, which may include modkill(s) if needed.
9. Players who discover they are too busy to play in a game or want to leave the game for civility issues are not allowed to officially /out in the thread.  A request to /out must only be done via a post in the role QT. Please do not use this as a manipulation technique.  (Note players may continue to threaten to /out or imply that they might as long as it does not include an official request). Requests to /out are final once submitted. There will be no /outing and then /inning back into the game so make sure that when you /out you have thought it through and really want to do it. Players that can't be replaced will simply be mod-killed. Whether your request to /out will lead to replacement or a modkill is up to the mod's discretion.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 12:52:19 pm by jotheonah »
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMM53: A Series of Unfortunate Nightkills (sign-ups open)
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 11:22:33 am »

I implore you, if you value your happiness, click away from this mafia game. There are many other games you can play on this site, and none is as filled with gloom and despair as this game, which tells the story of the orphaned Baudelaire children.

You still have a chance to reconsider typing “/in”. And while it is my solemn duty to moderate this somber game, you have no such duty.

“A Series of Unfortunate Nightkills” is a semi-open setup for 13 players, a word which here means that while some information about the setup will be made public, a good deal more will not. For instance, it will be made public that three players are Baudelaire children and that these three players, who will share a Quicktopic forum, must have at least one survivor in order for the town faction to win. And it will be made public that three other town players are Volunteer members of the VFD, a secret organization working to protect the Baudelaires.

On the other hand, the identities of these players, their powers, the powers of the other four town players, and the powers and identities of the three Arsonists out to kill the Baudelaire children, are all hidden information, a phrase which here means it will only be included in part in select private messages at the start of the game. The existence, purpose, and location of the sugar bowl will also remain a mystery.

The object of the game is to eliminate all three Arsonists while preserving the lives of at least one Beaudelaire child. Unless, of course, you happen to have received one of the three PMs that designates you an arsonist, a splinter faction of the VFD who have dedicated their lives to starting fires, in which case your objective is to kill all three Baudelaires, as quickly and efficiently as possible.

This game will be full of death, despair and unhappy endings, and if you wish to sign up for some other game, such as Pony Party Mafia, no one will think less of you. However, if you still wish to participate in the sad tale about to unfold, sign up here.

-- Lemony Snicket
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 11:03:21 am by jotheonah »
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 11:29:45 am »

/in
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 11:35:25 am »

Yessssss, that's my flavor.

\in

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 11:41:04 am »

/in

Even though I already know I will lose
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

MiX

• Steward
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 11:54:53 am »

/in

Great, now I'll be in 2 games...
I don’t think even MiX is townreading MiX.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 01:16:05 pm »

/in
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The Twitch channel where I stream DominionThe YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's albums for free

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2019, 03:49:26 pm »

/tag
Since the number of points is within a constant factor of the number of city quarters, in the long run we can get (4 - ε) ↑↑ n points in n turns for any ε > 0.

silverspawn

• Governor
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2019, 04:35:16 pm »

I actually hosted a s.o.u.e mafia once, but because the story was so unpleasant, I took the logical conclusion and didn't tell it past the opening flavor (somehow Lemony always decides to print his books anyway!)

Might sign in if it's still open at 5.5

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2019, 05:28:21 pm »

I actually hosted a s.o.u.e mafia once, but because the story was so unpleasant, I took the logical conclusion and didn't tell it past the opening flavor (somehow Lemony always decides to print his books anyway!)

Might sign in if it's still open at 5.5

Really! Here on f.ds or elsewhere?

He/him

silverspawn

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2019, 05:42:07 pm »

I would not host games anywhere else! It was duel mafia.

... but it seems like I didn't actually put flavor anywhere except into that one post. I do remember that I was planning to write more flavor, though, I just didn't know how to when it came time to actually do it.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2019, 05:59:23 pm »

/IN!!!

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2019, 06:00:40 pm »

Also, I think it's known that joth has the best flavor on site, right?  Have we ever voted on that?  I'm voting on that.

vobe: joth

WestCoastDidds

• Chancellor
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2019, 10:27:12 pm »

I thought I was auto /in!?!?!
It's probably not townie mctownerson WCD.

WestCoastDidds

• Chancellor
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2019, 10:27:57 pm »

Also, I think it's known that joth has the best flavor on site, right?  Have we ever voted on that?  I'm voting on that.

+1
Vobe: Joth

DatSwan

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2019, 02:44:07 am »

/in sauce

WestCoastDidds

• Chancellor
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2019, 10:07:29 am »

/in sauce

As much as I love your owl, I missed the sweet pup face! Is that your dog?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2019, 02:50:58 pm »

Flattery will not get you a better role assignment!

But it is appreciated.

He/him

DatSwan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2019, 04:01:57 pm »

/in sauce

Yep - he is much less puppy now as opposed to the picture tho :P

WestCoastDidds

• Chancellor
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2019, 04:52:13 pm »

/in sauce

Yep - he is much less puppy now as opposed to the picture tho :P

He is fantastic! What is his name?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2019, 05:23:42 am »

/in
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year

Games (30): Mafia: 17, 21, 24, 31, 39, 43, 67, 72, 86 || Newbie: 7 || RMM: 6, 7, 10, 20, 22, 26, 32, 45 || Blitz: 4-7, X, 17-19, 22, 24 || BM: 14, 19

2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

Town: 47 Games, 24 Wins
Scum: 22 Games, 13 Wins
11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2019, 10:01:01 am »

Your mods met in person this weekend to hash out outstanding details and try to break the setup. We now have something we're 99 percent happy with, so we should be ready to start as soon as it fills.

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2019, 04:54:50 pm »

All of the role PMs have now been written. They are a bit more elaborate than role PMs typically are and honestly, I'm quite proud of them.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

WestCoastDidds

• Chancellor
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2019, 08:46:55 pm »

All of the role PMs have now been written. They are a bit more elaborate than role PMs typically are and honestly, I'm quite proud of them.

Glooble and a Joth are awesome. Everyone knows this. It is known.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2019, 10:18:13 pm »

I. Cannot. Wait.

silverspawn

• Governor
    • View Profile
Re: RMM53: A Series of Unfortunate Nightkills (sign-ups open, 4 spots left)
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2019, 04:18:00 pm »

This will be the first time ever that a mod tells players not to read their role PMs.

silverspawn

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2019, 04:46:27 pm »

Let me guess:

You are Violet Baudelaire, a Town inventor. Each night, you may perform any action on any player (including actions that haven't been invented yet).

You are Klaus Baudelaire, an Informed Town. Each night, you may read in the mod QT. Here is a link.

You are Sunny Baudelaire, a Town Vigilante. Each night, you may bite: playername. The target player dies unless they are another Baudelaire.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2019, 05:21:17 pm »

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..................................

Uncleeurope Eddie

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2019, 08:21:28 am »

bump.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2019, 04:42:16 am »

...hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

f/ine.
Uncleeurope Eddie

pubby

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2019, 12:57:19 pm »

/in

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile

Hmm
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

WestCoastDidds

• Chancellor
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile

Hmm

Come on! Don’t you want to be a Baudelaire with me??

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile

Alright alright /in :)
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile

/hammer

I will be VLA for this weekend though, so if the role PM comes right away I may not be able to react within 24 hours.
Since the number of points is within a constant factor of the number of city quarters, in the long run we can get (4 - ε) ↑↑ n points in n turns for any ε > 0.

LaLight

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
LaLet’s LaLynch LaLight.

Wins: 11, 7
Losses: 9, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 3
Mod/Co-mod: 17

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

WestCoastDidds

• Chancellor
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile

/hammer

I will be VLA for this weekend though, so if the role PM comes right away I may not be able to react within 24 hours.

Now that’s a hammer I appreciate!!

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems

Might be a day or two before we open this up. We both have kinda busy weekends.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems

Okay, all Role PMs should be out, so if you haven't gotten one, please PM me.

Thread Locked.

He/ Him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

Day 1 will began at 5 pm forum time on Monday.

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems

Assuming all players have confirmed.

He/ Him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

We are still waiting on one confirmation. Please make sure you have confirmed in your QT.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

With one confirmation still missing I am afraid this probably won't begin as scheduled.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMM53: A Series of Unfortunate Nightkills (Night 0)
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2019, 10:22:22 pm »

Last player has confirmed. Game start tomorrow morning.

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2019, 10:55:03 pm »

/tag
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Blitz:
TOWN Wins: ZM11, ZM13
TOWN Losses: ZM3, ZM5, ZM6, ZM8, ZM9, ZM10
SCUM Wins: ZM1
SCUM Losses: ZM4

Total Wins: 3
Total Losses: 7

Normal Games:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Traitor)

Total Wins: 13
Total Losses: 10

Other:
TOWN Wins: DM1, BM4, BM4, BM5, BM8, BM13, DoM1, OZ2, RM45
TOWN Losses: BM1, BM2, BM3, BM6, BM11, RM3, RM4
SCUM Wins: DM3, BM7, RM1, RM2
SCUM Losses: BM9, OZ1

Total Wins: 13
Total Losses: 9

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2019, 08:36:55 am »

Although their story is extraordinary, Violet, Klaus, and Sunny Baudelaire were by and large ordinary children, with three major exceptions:

1. They were the heirs to a significant fortune, currently residing in the secure vault of Mortuary Money Management.
2. They were unusually smart and accomplished children, a word which here means their abilities in the fields of inventing, researching, and biting, respectively, were far above those of the average child their age.
3. They were about to become the Baudelaire orphans, as their parents were destined to die in a mysterious fire which would also permanently destroy the only home they had ever known.

I warned you it was a tragic tale.

Despite all my research, I cannot day for certain who started the Baudelaire mansion fire or why — only that for you, players as you are in this mafia game, they are still at large. I urge you, dear readers, help me to locate these arsonists — before any more grisly murders can be added to this series of unfortunate events.

Day 1 begins now! It will end at 8:35 AM FT on May 12th.

With 13 players alive, it take 7 to lynch most players.

Not voting (13): A Drowned Kernel, shraeye, 2.71828....., MiX, Awaclus, raerae, WestCoastDidds, DatSwan, ashersky, UncleEurope, pubby, mcmcsalot, faust

He/ Him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
Re: RMM53: A Series of Unfortunate Nightkills (Day 1)
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2019, 08:42:26 am »

Vote: ADK
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The Twitch channel where I stream DominionThe YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's albums for free

MiX

• Steward
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2019, 08:48:41 am »

Ah, another closed setup, RMM this time...I can already feel I'll misplay somewhere.

Vote: raerae before she does the same.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2019, 08:52:12 am »

vote: pubby

I don't think I've played with you before

Hello everyone! Very excited for this flavor
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

pubby

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2019, 09:22:59 am »

I've never played on f.ds before so yeah.

vote: ADK

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2019, 09:25:05 am »

I've never played on f.ds before so yeah.
Did you play elsewhere? How much?

pubby

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2019, 09:29:35 am »

Did you play elsewhere? How much?
Yeah I've played before on other forums and chat rooms. Maybe 10 games total? It's been years though.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2019, 09:32:27 am »

Friendly mod reminder: As a new player to our community, please read and sign the civility pledge.

He/him

pubby

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2019, 09:49:10 am »

Thanks.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2019, 09:59:03 am »

If I understand the setup correctly, there are 4 groups of people:

3 Baudelaires
3 scums
3 VFD people
4 random townies that don't belong to any group

I feel like something could be gained from a VFD vs non-VFD claim (where Baudelaires claim whatever). But maybe that's dangerous for like flavor reasons that I am not aware of.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2019, 10:34:19 am »

3 Baudelaires
3 scums
3 VFD people

I feel like something could be gained from a VFD vs non-VFD claim (where Baudelaires claim whatever). But maybe that's dangerous for like flavor reasons that I am not aware of.

What are you envisioning we would gain from this?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2019, 10:37:13 am »

3 Baudelaires
3 scums
3 VFD people

What are you envisioning we would gain from this?
PoE down the line. I guess it's irrelevant if VFD flips with your role, but otherwise now might be the only chance... let me check on that.

WestCoastDidds

• Chancellor
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2019, 10:39:35 am »

Hi friends! Good to see you all!

Welcome, pubby. What are your preferred pronouns? What’s your time zone? Anything else we should know?

I’m a she, in central time, I believe animals should have human names so there is some ambiguity when speaking about loved ones, children, and cats....Scott, Brad, Jeremy, Declan...who can tell which us which?!?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2019, 10:42:14 am »

I’m a she, in central time, I believe animals should have human names so there is some ambiguity when speaking about loved ones, children, and cats....Scott, Brad, Jeremy, Declan...who can tell which us which?!?
Alternatively, you could give your children animal names!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2019, 10:49:24 am »

After thinking about it a little, I'm inclined to support faust's plan. Concretely, it would divide us into two groups of people:

- people who are guaranteed to not be VFD town
 - people who are guaranteed to not be non-VFD town

It's not hard to see how this could be inconvenient for scum later on in the game.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2019, 10:50:56 am »

And "non-VFD" town is a term which here means "the random townies", i.e. non-VFD, non-Baudelaire town.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2019, 10:55:20 am »

3 Baudelaires
3 scums
3 VFD people

It does give scum better PoE for killing Baudelaires so I'm not a fan
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2019, 11:00:22 am »

3 Baudelaires
3 scums
3 VFD people

It also gives town better PoE for protecting Baudelaires if we have any relevant roles.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2019, 11:02:07 am »

3 Baudelaires
3 scums
3 VFD people

It also gives town better PoE for protecting Baudelaires if we have any relevant roles.
It is true however that scum PoE is better than town PoE there, because scum would know exactly how many Baudelaires are in each group, whereas town wouldn't.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2019, 11:08:21 am »

As all educated people know, it is important to be precise in one's use of language. For instance, if you were to tell your spouse or roommate that you were chatting online with your mafia friends, you would want to specify how the word "mafia" is being used, so that your spouse or roommate knows that you are playing a fictional game called mafia, rather than engaging in actual illicit activity via the Internet.

Similarly, if you were the moderator of a themed mafia game, you might want to be careful to specify how terms such as "VFD" and "volunteer" are used, lest you introduce the wrong kind of confusion into your player base. In that case, you might want to tell them explicitly that the VFD is an organization which has splintered, and that for the purposes of this game the term "VFD" will refer to both the Arsonist and Volunteer factions, while the term "volunteer" will refer only to the side of the schism concerned with protecting the Baudelaire children. You might even need to edit a previous flavor post to avoid any confusion on the subject.

As that hypothetical moderator, you might even want to go as far as to inform your players about what information will be revealed when someone in the game dies. But then again, you might not.

Vote Count 1.1

A Drowned Kernel (2): Awaclus, pubby
raerae (1): MiX
pubby (1): A Drowned Kernel

Not voting (13): shraeye, 2.71828....., raerae, WestCoastDidds, DatSwan, ashersky, UncleEurope, mcmcsalot, faust

With 13 players alive, it take 7 to lynch most players. Day 1 will end at 8:35 AM FT on May 12th.

He/him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2019, 11:13:09 am »

I don't think this affects the plan at all, does it? Scum can still claim whatever.

pubby

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2019, 11:19:34 am »

I guess I'm confused. If scum fakes their role and the Baudelaires fake their role too, then that's 6 fake claims to 7 genuine ones. Is that actually helpful?

Welcome, pubby. What are your preferred pronouns? What’s your time zone? Anything else we should know?
Hi WestCoastDidds. I'm a he in central US time.

MiX

• Steward
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2019, 11:26:01 am »

I think this plan is a bit...interesting? is probably the word for this.

Pros:
- Scum are locked into claiming VFD or not
- Baudelaire know where scum are
- At exactly 4 town / 3 VFD, everyone there is an IC (obviously counting dead ones that flipped)

Cons:
- Scum know where Baudelaire are
- VFD are presumely stronger PRs, given the flavour, so they'll get targetted first
- Baudelaire can't claim to know where scum are located, so they cannot share this information to town: comparitively, scum can NK freely based on the PoE, meaning it's stronger for them.

Overall I don't think it's worth it, unless we get the "exactly 4 town / 3 VFD" scenario, which honestly seems hard and PoEs Baudelaire like crazy. I might think of all the possible cases for the Baudelaire/scum spread and what it means, but meh, I don't like it.

PPE 1

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2019, 11:52:01 am »

I am very confused.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2019, 01:17:36 pm »

Hi.

Vote: mcmc

Oh, and me no likey claim, but it is quite possible that I don't understand the benefits fully.
Uncleeurope Eddie

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2019, 02:06:50 pm »

No they don't.

MiX

• Steward
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2019, 02:16:36 pm »

No they don't.

Picture this: suppose 2 of each side claim VFD while the other claims non-VFD. For both of them, they see 5 non-VFD out of 4 and 5 VFD out of 3 that aren't part of their team. Ergo, there must be 1 of the other team in the non-VFD side and 2 of the other team in the VFD side. Thus, they know where each other are in the split. This is obviously true for other claim scenarios.

Why is raerae not here? :(

pubby

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2019, 02:17:35 pm »

Hmm so I was thinking about this from a certain perspective, but MiX's post made me realize there's more to it.

Take the plan from the perspective of scum. It makes sense, that's for sure. Imagine this: if everyone role-claims then the 10 non-scum players are partitioned into two groups: those claiming to be volunteers, and those claiming to be non-volunteer townies. Knowing these partitions provides tons of valuable insight, even on the first night. For example: if 5 out of 10 people claim to be volunteers, then that means 2 Baudelaires are in that group of 5 (because there's supposed to be exactly 3 volunteers, not 5). If scum picked a player at random from the 5 players claiming to be volunteers, they'd have a 2/5 chance of picking a Baudelaire. This is better than the 3/10 chance they'd have picking someone at random if nobody role claimed. And these partitions are useful for the ENTIRE game - eventually you get some true deduction and can pinpoint roles more accurately. (plus, if the volunteers are assumed to be power roles, the odds of night killing someone important is 100%)

tl;dr: everyone claiming volunteer status strongly benefit scum

The Baudelaires can benefit in a similar manner to find scum, but it's weaker. Playing the odds isn't super smart as town (if you guess wrong, your town friends die!), but even worse, taking action requires going public and good luck doing that without first telling everyone you're a Baudelaire. Unless I'm missing something, the plan benefits the Baudelaires less than it benefits scum, though this could differ depending on their abilities.

Beyond that, the gained information doesn't seem useful to volunteers and non-volunteer townies. I mean, if you don't know anyone else then 6 out of 12 people are lying to you. Can you really act on that? And if you were a a power role would you really want to reveal yourself? Seems unlikely.

So here's a hot take: Faust, for suggesting the idea, could be Scum, maybe Baudelaire. I don't think he'd suggest the idea if he were otherwise.

MiX

• Steward
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2019, 02:28:02 pm »

pubby hitting all the points I hit, I guess I'm flattered. I agree with his exaggeration of the scum advantage relative to the Baudelaire advantage, especially the "playing the odds" part. Well, I was about to put forward a scenario where Baudelaire eventually claim (just 1) to out their info but that's actually not going to happen. For now:

Vote: faust, incredible plan here. The only problem is scum!faust probably doesn't do this, my read here is that faust has a PR that wants this, and that makes a little bit more sense as scum.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2019, 02:39:49 pm »

Picture this: suppose 2 of each side claim VFD while the other claims non-VFD. For both of them, they see 5 non-VFD out of 4 and 5 VFD out of 3 that aren't part of their team. Ergo, there must be 1 of the other team in the non-VFD side and 2 of the other team in the VFD side. Thus, they know where each other are in the split. This is obviously true for other claim scenarios.

Oh, I misunderstood what you meant.

tl;dr: everyone claiming volunteer status strongly benefit scum

I don't think this is true. Saying that it makes the probability of hitting Baudelaire go up from 33% to 40% is fallacious because that only works for the first Baudelaire they're trying to kill and only the last remaining Baudelaire makes a difference.

Vote: faust, incredible plan here. The only problem is scum!faust probably doesn't do this, my read here is that faust has a PR that wants this, and that makes a little bit more sense as scum.

Vote: MiX

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2019, 03:00:34 pm »

Actually,

Volunteers should claim.

I am a Volunteer.

Baudelaires should not, under any circumstances, claim Volunteer.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2019, 03:10:48 pm »

Actually,

Volunteers should claim.

I am a Volunteer.

Well, this is an interesting turn of events but I'm fine with it (and not a Volunteer).

MiX

• Steward
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2019, 03:15:10 pm »

Actually,

Volunteers should claim.

I am a Volunteer.

Interesting. I am not a Volunteer.

We'll get a bunch of ICs this way...plus I really hope ADK has a plan after this.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2019, 03:35:15 pm »

Actually,

Volunteers should claim.

I am a Volunteer.

What is interesting is that two people have already gone along with this plan
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2019, 03:36:04 pm »

Also, I only just read the setup after skimming the thread and seeing all sorts of plans thrown around, so I am clearly town

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2019, 03:36:51 pm »

And I do understand enthusiasm for claiming, I just don't really know that it is the best thing to do here

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2019, 03:39:53 pm »

I will call Awaclus scum for following along with it

Vote: Awaclus

ADK can be town for being so convincing so fast

And I don't know what to make of MiX. RMM52 is making me doubt everything I every knew

MiX

• Steward
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2019, 03:42:14 pm »

Well ADK practically claimed to have a PR about Volunteers...

There's also another angle: if we have absolute certainty that Baudelaires will claim town, it will either make all Volunteers IC (unlikely) or lock scum into claiming Volunteers, which is, at worst, better PoE than the other plan. There's also the fact scum won't kill the Volunteers (they're busy looking for Baudelaires) which means there's 3 good PRs that are safe from NKs. Overall it's a good deal, one that should be sweetened with whatever ADK has.

And I don't know what to make of MiX. RMM52 is making me doubt everything I every knew

Hehe, I'm glad I made you doubt everything! Although I'm not SK here so those tells won't work.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2019, 03:42:56 pm »

She's been busy playing with bears.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2019, 03:44:26 pm »

So here's a hot take: Faust, for suggesting the idea, could be Scum, maybe Baudelaire. I don't think he'd suggest the idea if he were otherwise.
I think that's a pretty cold take.  And one I disagree with.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2019, 03:44:43 pm »

Teddy, grizzly, brown, polar, .....?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2019, 03:49:04 pm »

Well ADK practically claimed to have a PR about Volunteers...
Do you mean when he said "I am a volunteer"???

Or do you mean in one of his earlier posts?

Because you're either saying something totally obvious and useless.  Or totally wrong.

MiX

• Steward
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2019, 03:51:41 pm »

Well, why else would he say that plan in such a bossy way? I could be wrong, but...eh. He definitely seems to benefit from it in a special way, otherwise he could simply talk about it instead of commanding it.

Right, ADK?

MiX

• Steward
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2019, 03:53:08 pm »

Right, ADK?

Er, nevermind, if you didn't say this before you shouldn't answer this now.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2019, 03:55:14 pm »

I was already advocating for a similar plan. ADK changed the proposal a little but it aligned with my agenda enough that I was willing to get behind it.

Right, ADK?

Good advice, he probably doesn't realize that on his own.

MiX

• Steward
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2019, 03:56:41 pm »

Right, ADK?

Did you ever believe, when writting this, that I, or anyone else, would miss the sarcasm?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2019, 03:59:04 pm »

Did you ever believe, when writting this, that I, or anyone else, would miss the sarcasm?

No.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2019, 03:59:42 pm »

And yeah, not a huge fan of claiming thinking about it.

3 scum. Perfect game we lynch all 3 and live happily ever after. Most unlikely.

If the B's (not trying to spell Baudelaires on my phone) don't claim volunteer, scum get a pool of 7 people to kill from (the three B's and 4 others)

I have to think that scum have some sort of way to narrow that even further as nights progress. Like maybe some sort of B/non-B investigative role.

Which means, if we claim V/non-V, our last day could very well be D4. Especially if we mislynch.

10 to lynch from, B's claim so we don't lynch them, but then immediately die (I assume)

Worst case lynching with best luck at night:
Mislynch, non-B dies
11 alive (3 V, 3 scum, 3 B, 2 other)
Mislynch, non-B dies
9 alive (3 V, 3 scum, 3 B)

Then we just lynch scum I guess. That's not so bad actually

Maybe I just converted to "claim"

I want more people to look at it though

I also did not do anything with scum claiming volunteer, which is likely to happen I would think after my stream of conscious numbers running

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2019, 03:59:59 pm »

He has a point, Didds.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2019, 04:01:26 pm »

I was already advocating for a similar plan. ADK changed the proposal a little but it aligned with my agenda enough that I was willing to get behind it.

Right, ADK?

Yeah, and now that I look at it a little more closely myself I may be convinced

Vote: pubby for now

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2019, 04:05:32 pm »

I guess I'm confused. If scum fakes their role and the Baudelaires fake their role too, then that's 6 fake claims to 7 genuine ones. Is that actually helpful?

Hi WestCoastDidds. I'm a he in central US time.

Town should never fake anything as a rule. That includes the B's in my opinion

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2019, 04:05:38 pm »

Teddy, grizzly, brown, polar, .....?

Brown, about three years old I think.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 07, 2019, 04:10:25 pm »

I'm not down with claiming, narrows the pool too much. Unless somebody can succinctly explain how the benefits outweigh the drawbacks I ain't sayin' nothin'.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2019, 04:12:53 pm »

There's also another angle: if we have absolute certainty that Baudelaires will claim town, it will either make all Volunteers IC (unlikely) or lock scum into claiming Volunteers, which is, at worst, better PoE than the other plan. There's also the fact scum won't kill the Volunteers (they're busy looking for Baudelaires) which means there's 3 good PRs that are safe from NKs. Overall it's a good deal, one that should be sweetened with whatever ADK has.
There is a bunch of speculation in this post that doesn't seem to have any basis. Especially framing the fact that we push the night kill away from people who are not Baudelaires as a good thing is ridiculous.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 07, 2019, 04:15:42 pm »

Vote: e

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 07, 2019, 04:17:29 pm »

As for the plan, there's really no way to judge it. I think having the Baudelaires locked into some subgroup is pretty bad. At the very least I'll give ADK 24 hours to think about this, and if he still thinks it's a good idea then we can talk.

MiX

• Steward
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2019, 04:25:11 pm »

Yeah, it seems I overlooked the fact that scum gain a lot of PoE...but so does town! It essencially accelerates this game, whose value depends on the VFD PRs (and town PRs, but those aren't ICs so not as much). This is definitely a better plan, however.

10 people, 3 scum, 3 ICs... 7-3 split...okay, probabilities are probably next...or now?

7-3, mislynch, 6-3, 50% of a B flip, we wake up 5-3, mislynch, 4-3, 75% of a B flip, if yes then 3-3 in worse-than-LyLo odds, otherwise it's simply 3-3 LyLo. Hmm, just doing what E did. Might expand on this...

Well, or scum claims VFD and this is terrible. Lots of options here, really. Maybe too many for a successful plan? I'll look into it.

WestCoastDidds

• Chancellor
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2019, 04:32:32 pm »

What does she play with the bears? Pinochle?

WestCoastDidds

• Chancellor
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 07, 2019, 04:36:05 pm »

He has a point, Didds.

+1 faust
+1 raerae

This is a genius plan. The children have human names now, but they could easily find themselves with a super sticky nickname that they can carry through life.  I'm thinking Tiger and Boots...

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 07, 2019, 04:44:36 pm »

This is a genius plan. The children have human names now, but they could easily find themselves with a super sticky nickname that they can carry through life.  I'm thinking Tiger and Boots...

Tiger and Boots sounds like a cool name. If a country can be called Trinidad and Tobago, why can't a human be Tiger and Boots?

WestCoastDidds

• Chancellor
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 07, 2019, 04:44:55 pm »

I'm going to stand next to faust and raerae for awhile....I am not sure that the benefits of claiming into smaller groups is super helpful since scum already know who is in their group.  Helping them narrow it further doesn't seem helpful to town. I can be convinced otherwise because thinking through information scenarios is not my strong suit (what is my strong suit, you ask? Cake), but for the time being I'm keeping my trapper shut and following the arguments that ADK, Awa, pubby, and MiX are making.

WestCoastDidds

• Chancellor
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 07, 2019, 04:45:39 pm »

Tiger and Boots sounds like a cool name. If a country can be called Trinidad and Tobago, why can't a human be Tiger and Boots?

An excellent point.
+1 Awaclus

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 07, 2019, 04:46:09 pm »

What does she play with the bears? Pinochle?

Hide and seek!

MiX

• Steward
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 07, 2019, 04:48:30 pm »

I'm going to stand next to faust and raerae for awhile....I am not sure that the benefits of claiming into smaller groups is super helpful since scum already know who is in their group.  Helping them narrow it further doesn't seem helpful to town. I can be convinced otherwise because thinking through information scenarios is not my strong suit (what is my strong suit, you ask? Cake), but for the time being I'm keeping my trapper shut and following the arguments that ADK, Awa, pubby, and MiX are making.

Your strong suit is being town, acting town, making everyone believe you're town, actually turn out to be town (very important, you'll do this here, right?) and, most importantly, annoying me to god knows where. That last one lost me the game last time we played! It's pretty useful, even if I wish it didn't happen :P

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 07, 2019, 05:01:07 pm »

Your strong suit is being town, acting town, making everyone believe you're town, actually turn out to be town (very important, you'll do this here, right?) and, most importantly, annoying me to god knows where. That last one lost me the game last time we played! It's pretty useful, even if I wish it didn't happen :P

Naw, I'm pretty sure it's cake.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 07, 2019, 05:35:23 pm »

I fail to see value in volunteer claiming.

The only setup specific public info is 3 scum out of 6 volunteers, 3 Masons of whom 1 needs to live, an assumption that Masons cannot also be Volunteers based mainly on flavor. No other public info is useful here.

Scum want to kill Masons. I don’t think they want to kill them at night as badly as some make it seems, since just winning the normal way also works.  Yes, hitting the right three players to win on N3 is nice, but by no means necessary. A perfect scum vanilla game ends on D4 at 4v3 lylo anyway, so the flavor win mechanic is cutesy but not as horrendous as some might make it out to be, considering.

But, as mentioned, claiming anything at all by anyone only narrows down the NK pool for scum. This isn’t just about Volunteers. Assuming only the three town volunteers claim, that gives three scum info about 3 of 10 townies. It gives townies info about 3 of 12 players. Assuming you are a full doctor for a hypothetical, you narrow your target pool to 8 players (after a lynch) while the kill pool is down to 6 (after a mislynch).

I think any and all claims benefit scum. Volunteers and Masons should claim at L-1, but otherwise I don’t think anyone should claim without strong info to share.

Games (30): Mafia: 17, 21, 24, 31, 39, 43, 67, 72, 86 || Newbie: 7 || RMM: 6, 7, 10, 20, 22, 26, 32, 45 || Blitz: 4-7, X, 17-19, 22, 24 || BM: 14, 19

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 07, 2019, 06:15:06 pm »

Eh, I can Vote: e

I have that power.

No one can stop me.

Except me... Vote: pubby
Uncleeurope Eddie

DatSwan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 07, 2019, 07:06:21 pm »

Hey Everyone.

So It has been a while since I read the books, but the main flavor flaw I find with the Volunteer Claim is in the story (if I remember correctly) they find bad guys in their mix. Kind of leads me to believe that skum would have fake claims so they could safely claim VFD.

If that is correct, then either...

1) Skum decides not to fake claim. That means 3 VFD claim, and the 3 arsonists know who one and other are. So out of the 13 players that narrows the field of finding the kiddos from 3/10 to 3/7.

2) Skum decides to fake claim. That means 6 VFD claim, and the 3 arsonists know who one and other are. So skum can push the angle to lynch the real VFD, but also put their necks out a little. Still in the end, gives them the same improved NK odds of finding the kiddos at 3/7 instead of 3/10.

From a VT PoV - if there are only 3 VFD claims, it would help isolate to finding skum to 3/9.

From a Kiddo PoV - if there are only 3 VFD claims, it would help isolate to finding skum to 3/6.

And then obviously, regardless of Town Alignment, if there were 6 VFD claims, it would give all non claimed town the isolation of 3/6.

Thoughts on that?
I actually think in the end I want to say the claim would benefit Town in the long run, as it would give the children a fantastic PoV advantage in scenario one, and all town a pretty decent one in scenario two.

DatSwan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 07, 2019, 07:07:34 pm »

Also, if I were to attempt to guess the set up -

3 Children
3 Arsonists
3 VFD
1 Olaf SK
3 VTs (or some random town PR)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 07, 2019, 07:17:06 pm »

2) Skum decides to fake claim. That means 6 VFD claim, and the 3 arsonists know who one and other are. So skum can push the angle to lynch the real VFD, but also put their necks out a little. Still in the end, gives them the same improved NK odds of finding the kiddos at 3/7 instead of 3/10.

If we have a 3/6 chance of lynching scum and they have a 3/7 chance of killing Baudelaire and we get to go first, mathematically speaking we win. There's no way they're going to let this scenario happen.

DatSwan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 07, 2019, 07:18:10 pm »

If we have a 3/6 chance of lynching scum and they have a 3/7 chance of killing Baudelaire and we get to go first, mathematically speaking we win. There's no way they're going to let this scenario happen.

I agree with you. I was just mapping out all options.

DatSwan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 07, 2019, 07:19:05 pm »

Also, it kind of just makes me like the plan more.
I agree with you. I was just mapping out all options.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 07, 2019, 07:33:43 pm »

I sort of shot from the hip there

I feel stronger about my last line than the first; if we do a mass volunteer-not volunteer claim, Baudelaires need need need to not claim Volunteer, and I was willing to out myself to get that out there

I understand if people don't want to do the claim, even other Volunteers, but if you're willing to trust someone coming from the "is a volunteer" perspective, it could be very good

Also vote: ash, not in character to be so against a crazy claiming plan
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

WestCoastDidds

• Chancellor
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 07, 2019, 09:06:32 pm »

Town, town, towny, town. But if you’re town, then my towniness shouldn’t be annoying. Perhaps you could even find it amusing. I have zero ability to lie convincingly (this is why Debatepro and I can’t play together. He suffers from the same condition.) Besides, games with me have way more extra information about people IRL. For example, Awaclus is way more charming to me than he sometimes is to others because he answers all of my silly questions (tarantulas!) and now could one day have kids named Tiger and Boots.

Also, I do make really good cake.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 07, 2019, 09:15:48 pm »

Also, my middle name is Olaf.  But don't lynch me, ok?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 07, 2019, 09:18:49 pm »

3 Children
3 Arsonists
3 VFD
1 Olaf SK

The setup post specifically says "the other four town players". Also, I would be surprised if they were all just VTs.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 07, 2019, 09:19:40 pm »

We watched that whole damn series.  I'm married to you.  We considering including that name in our child's name.  It took me until now to realize the correlation.  I am ashamed.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 07, 2019, 09:24:18 pm »

Well that is a sequence of five of interesting facts.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 07, 2019, 09:27:34 pm »

It's funny how I don't even know you.

But, game talk real quick, you a solid yea or a nay on the claim game?  Or you feeling wishy washy today?

WestCoastDidds

• Chancellor
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 07, 2019, 09:46:51 pm »

We watched that whole damn series.  I'm married to you.  We considering including that name in our child's name.  It took me until now to realize the correlation.  I am ashamed.

In your defense, his middle name is probably not “Count Olaf”. You’d have noticed that,

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 07, 2019, 09:52:52 pm »

In your defense, his middle name is probably not “Count Olaf”. You’d have noticed that,

But what if his first name is Count?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 07, 2019, 09:58:45 pm »

But, game talk real quick, you a solid yea or a nay on the claim game?  Or you feeling wishy washy today?
Honestly, I don't really care.  This is the "yes, it's the best; no, it's the worst; wait, your opinion is scummy; oh, no yours is; well I guess you're not scummy, but you're still wrong; well I'll vote you anyway; not if I vote you first" that everybody keeps circling back to on future days like it actually meant something. 

So I'm not nay, nor yay, nor wishy washy.  I'm aggressively against all sides in this debate.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 07, 2019, 10:33:23 pm »

Honestly, I don't really care.  This is the "yes, it's the best; no, it's the worst; wait, your opinion is scummy; oh, no yours is; well I guess you're not scummy, but you're still wrong; well I'll vote you anyway; not if I vote you first" that everybody keeps circling back to on future days like it actually meant something. 

So I'm not nay, nor yay, nor wishy washy.  I'm aggressively against all sides in this debate.

Cool.  So how do we move forward then?

Vote: shraeye?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 07, 2019, 10:34:35 pm »

I'm just over here popping for joke-making and waiting the storm out.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 07, 2019, 11:21:31 pm »

But can you count?

Wait, what was your job again?

Aren’t you so good at being a count that you teach other people how to count?

,’: |

Vote: Shraeye

(Vote: Pubby)
Uncleeurope Eddie

pubby

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 08, 2019, 01:21:18 am »

3 Children
3 Arsonists
3 VFD
1 Olaf SK

The setup post specifically says "the other four town players". Also, I would be surprised if they were all just VTs.
RMM means it's role mania, yeah? And that means 4 VTs is super unlikely?

DatSwan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 08, 2019, 01:24:41 am »

3 Children
3 Arsonists
3 VFD
1 Olaf SK

RMM means it's role mania, yeah? And that means 4 VTs is super unlikely?

Yeah also the set up does say 4 town so i guess that means no SK

MiX

• Steward
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 08, 2019, 02:16:29 am »

I guess Swan opens every game with strange, convoluted, wrong theories regarding the setup? I fail to see how he forgot scum can claim 1 or 2 Volunteers, that's really the worst part about this plan.

I did some math, and even if we somehow lynched the scum!Volunteer D1, all scum needs to do is NK Baudelaire and they end up in an aproximately 30.55% winrate for town (barring PRs, so it should go higher). This wouldn't be so bad, but that's only if we get remarkably lucky D1, which is incredibly hard. Great, now I'm against the plan, should've thought about it. Hopefully the 2 claims help ADK's targetting.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 08, 2019, 03:17:02 am »

For the record, every single player should claim Mason at L-1.

MiX

• Steward
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 08, 2019, 04:04:03 am »

So, no one should claim?

DatSwan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 08, 2019, 04:04:47 am »

I guess Swan opens every game with strange, convoluted, wrong theories regarding the setup? I fail to see how he forgot scum can claim 1 or 2 Volunteers, that's really the worst part about this plan.

I did some math, and even if we somehow lynched the scum!Volunteer D1, all scum needs to do is NK Baudelaire and they end up in an aproximately 30.55% winrate for town (barring PRs, so it should go higher). This wouldn't be so bad, but that's only if we get remarkably lucky D1, which is incredibly hard. Great, now I'm against the plan, should've thought about it. Hopefully the 2 claims help ADK's targetting.

I did not forget. I thought it through at the time, and upon re looking at it... yeah that is an option. Tbh it is actually probably the route they would take - specifically that only one would fake claim if they did.

With that, i am now also against the plan.

I do think the plan potentially has value - if one claims we have 25%, 2 we have 40% chance, 3 we have 50% chance.
Even at a 25% chance, it gives all town except the children a better than usual shot st finding skum.
But factoring in the isolation of the children for the NKs... yeah it probably isn’t the best.

DatSwan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 08, 2019, 04:05:36 am »

Why should a VT claim mason at L1?
All that does is open up a CC from an actual Mason in a town v town situation.

MiX

• Steward
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 08, 2019, 04:09:38 am »

Why should a VT claim mason at L1?
All that does is open up a CC from an actual Mason in a town v town situation.

No mason should counterclaim ever, unless we're ahead (more Baudelaires than scum), and even then.

25% chance to nab scum is only slightly higher than what we do have, and since when does scum get lynched D1? Never, right?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 08, 2019, 04:26:01 am »

A lot of people here seem strongly in the business of "let's tell scum how to play best". Here's a suggestion: Let's not.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 08, 2019, 04:34:49 am »

Maybe people would enjoy a Vote: Awaclus?

This is the most outrageous example of telling scum what to do. Add in that at that point he had already claimed non-Volunteer and thus had to signal his teammates to not follow suit.

MiX

• Steward
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 08, 2019, 04:55:46 am »

But it's so obviously true! Also I'm against all Awaclus lynches, last time we played I was really really happy he got lynched.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 08, 2019, 04:57:46 am »

But it's so obviously true! Also I'm against all Awaclus lynches, last time we played I was really really happy he got lynched.
What if I told you you can be that happy again?

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 08, 2019, 05:19:03 am »

It’s amazing how easily attained true happiness can be.
Uncleeurope Eddie

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 08, 2019, 05:33:49 am »

Maybe people would enjoy a Vote: Awaclus?

This is the most outrageous example of telling scum what to do. Add in that at that point he had already claimed non-Volunteer and thus had to signal his teammates to not follow suit.

Bullshit. It's just really important that some form of the plan takes place, which is why I made a case for why the plan is better than DatSwan made it sound like.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 08, 2019, 06:29:40 am »

No, bad, awful.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 08, 2019, 07:17:43 am »

Last post on claiming for now: volunteers, I am perfectly ok with you just unilaterally claiming, if you feel that that's right. We don't actually need a consensus for this.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

WestCoastDidds

• Chancellor
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 08, 2019, 07:59:09 am »

Last post on claiming for now: volunteers, I am perfectly ok with you just unilaterally claiming, if you feel that that's right. We don't actually need a consensus for this.

Good morning, ADK! How does the volunteers claiming help town? It seems like folks have come to the conclusion theta claiming in no bueno, yes? Or no? Does it help you or us to know who your buddies are?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 08, 2019, 08:09:43 am »

Good morning, ADK! How does the volunteers claiming help town? It seems like folks have come to the conclusion theta claiming in no bueno, yes? Or no? Does it help you or us to know who your buddies are?

I don't want to reveal everything that I know about the subject but it helps town pretty substantially.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 08, 2019, 08:15:56 am »

It helps me, I will say that much
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

pubby

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2019, 08:36:23 am »

I don't want to reveal everything that I know about the subject but it helps town pretty substantially.
Ehhh I think you need to reveal more.

You already have one person claiming to be volunteer (ADK). Is that not enough for you? Like, I don't get why you need to know ALL the volunteers right this moment when that narrows the pool so much for scum.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2019, 08:52:20 am »

To expand: in the scenario where we go through with the claim and we have three volunteer claims and 10 non-volunteer claims, town has 3 ICs, and the volunteers know who each other are. My role benefits from knowing who the other volunteers are, and I'm betting that theirs do too.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 08, 2019, 08:52:38 am »

I guess I lied when I said that was my last post about claiming, oh well
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

WestCoastDidds

• Chancellor
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 08, 2019, 08:55:11 am »

I guess I lied when I said that was my last post about claiming, oh well

In fairness, I asked

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 08, 2019, 08:56:01 am »

You already have one person claiming to be volunteer (ADK). Is that not enough for you? Like, I don't get why you need to know ALL the volunteers right this moment when that narrows the pool so much for scum.

Well, let's say I specifically want to target non-VFDs with my power, and all other things considered, it makes it worth it (even if some scums don't claim volunteer).

WestCoastDidds

• Chancellor
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 08, 2019, 09:00:28 am »

To expand: in the scenario where we go through with the claim and we have three volunteer claims and 10 non-volunteer claims, town has 3 ICs, and the volunteers know who each other are. My role benefits from knowing who the other volunteers are, and I'm betting that theirs do too.

Okay, that makes sense to me. So, not everyone needs to claim, but you'd like the Vs to speak up so that your role is enhanced? (Apologies if this is all obvious.  Again, strong suit is cake.) So, if the other volunteers have a similar need, they'll speak up? But none of this depends on anyone else claiming anything?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 08, 2019, 09:02:16 am »

Scum is flavor-wise tied to the VFD right? It seems reasonable to assume that they would benefit from knowing the other members as well, even beyond the PoE is provides.

WestCoastDidds

• Chancellor
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 08, 2019, 09:03:15 am »

This is such a different look for you, Awa... I am accustomed to you wanting town to reveal nothing ever, except when you are scum.  It's making me even-more-than-usual wary of you.

WestCoastDidds

• Chancellor
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 08, 2019, 09:04:02 am »

Scum is flavor-wise tied to the VFD right? It seems reasonable to assume that they would benefit from knowing the other members as well, even beyond the PoE is provides.

In the books, the arsonists used to be VFD and then turned bad. So, kind of, yeah.

What do you make of Awa needing to know who is non-VFD?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 08, 2019, 09:08:06 am »

I think it's a cover-up for him supporting a plan that would hurt town.

MiX

• Steward
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 08, 2019, 09:14:08 am »

In the books, the arsonists used to be VFD and then turned bad. So, kind of, yeah.

Ah...I'm pretty sure VFD-affecting powers will work on scum...and scum probably have powers affecting VFD.

Vote: Didds for insisting on this issue, causing ADK and Awaclus to soft-claim. I would think town!Didds knows that she shouldn't push setup talk too much.

MiX

• Steward
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 08, 2019, 09:24:18 am »

Hmm...please forgive me Didds, you're not the one who pushed for claims, that was

Vote: pubby, can you tell us a bit about yourself? Experience, where you played, how you played, your meta, whatever group you played in's meta, things like that?

WestCoastDidds

• Chancellor
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 08, 2019, 09:27:37 am »

Vote: Didds for insisting on this issue, causing ADK and Awaclus to soft-claim. I would think town!Didds knows that she shouldn't push setup talk too much.

They didn't need to soft claim.  They already actually claimed V and non-V.  I was asking why.

I know that you are already very good at thinking through how all of this works.  I need more information to understand. That's not scummy. It's novice.  And if the last time we went around about claiming taught you anything, it should be that when I am town I have LOTS of questions about things I don't quite grasp well enough.

PPE: Nevrmind

WestCoastDidds

• Chancellor
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 08, 2019, 09:30:04 am »

It's hard for me to come up with a pro-town reason for that kind of information...

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 08, 2019, 09:35:51 am »

It's hard for me to come up with a pro-town reason for that kind of information...

I can think of some.

I'm townreading Awaclus, btw
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

WestCoastDidds

• Chancellor
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 08, 2019, 09:40:55 am »

I can think of some.

Yeah? You don't find him a bit out of the ordinary?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 08, 2019, 09:43:13 am »

This is such a different look for you, Awa... I am accustomed to you wanting town to reveal nothing ever, except when you are scum.  It's making me even-more-than-usual wary of you.

That's a very surface level way of looking at it. I advocate for massclaim or pseudo massclaim plans all the time. It forces scum to say something concrete that might be possible to back up or contradict with verifiable facts, which is not true about reads and stuff. Especially when we do it early, we actually deny scum information, as it forces them to commit to a plan before they have had a chance to get that information.

In the Imperial Radch game for example, I was very reluctant to claim as scum and I delayed it for as long as I could. The claim was the main thing that I could have totally screwed up resulting in a loss for scum, and one of the main reasons why I dared to commit to the risky Anaander fakeclaim which turned out to work out great for us was that it was so late in the game and I had already gotten a ton of information that I could base that decision in.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 08, 2019, 09:48:07 am »

I can think of some.

Yeah? You don't find him a bit out of the ordinary?

He's more active than usually but his posts are substantial which is an Awaclusian trait.

Also,

vote: WCD
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

WestCoastDidds

• Chancellor
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 08, 2019, 09:51:49 am »

Especially when we do it early, we actually deny scum information, as it forces them to commit to a plan before they have had a chance to get that information.

Ah, interesting. Thx

WestCoastDidds

• Chancellor
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 08, 2019, 09:54:46 am »

More a note for myself than anything else...days are somewhat shorter in this game.  Deadline is Sunday morning.

Where's mcmc??

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 08, 2019, 10:08:02 am »

No, bad, awful.

You are a good dude, but wrong.

Masons claim to save themselves.
Scum claim to save themselves.
Townies claim to draw night kills away from real Masons.

Obviously there should never ever be counterclaims. And the fourth claim (or sooner if we have Mason flips) are meaningful.

This is clearly the best play from all perspectives, assuming there aren’t players who want to be lynched.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 08, 2019, 10:20:47 am »

No, bad, awful.

Obviously there should never ever be counterclaims. And the fourth claim (or sooner if we have Mason flips) are meaningful.

This is clearly the best play from all perspectives, assuming there aren’t players who want to be lynched.

I'm not convinced that drawing NKs away from real masons is better than being able to counterclaim scum fakeclaims.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 08, 2019, 10:22:33 am »

No, bad, awful.

I understand your logic, but you should trust me when I say that you're wrong
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

WestCoastDidds

• Chancellor
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 08, 2019, 10:39:04 am »

No, bad, awful.

I understand your logic, but you should trust me when I say that you're wrong

ADK, which part is wrong?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 08, 2019, 10:45:12 am »

I would rather not elaborate at this point.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 08, 2019, 10:45:50 am »

The game of mafia is a game of strategic deception, which here means that winning the game requires carefully convincing others in the game that you are something you are not.

Luckily for Count Olaf, he and his henchmen were troupe of actors, which ought to have prepared them for the role. Unluckily for Count Olaf, he was a very poor actor, who had been called "bland", "unconvincing", and "hackneyed" by the Daily Punctilio. Nonetheless, he was able to fool a great many adults in the Baudelaires' life into giving him access to the children.

The game of mafia is also a game of social deduction, which here means that winning the game requires carefully determining, through social observation, which others in the game are claiming to be something they are not.

Luckily for the Baudelaires, their experiences with their series of ill-fated guardians had given them a good deal of experience with mysteries, which ought to have prepared them for the role. Unfortunately, some of the greatest mysteries, such as the nature of the VFD and the importance of the sugar bowl, have remained beyond their grasp.

Vote Count 1.2

A Drowned Kernel (1):pubby
pubby (3): 2.71828....., Uncleeurope, MiX
MiX (1): Awaclus
shraeye (1): raerae
Awaclus (1): faust
WestCoastDidds (1): A Drowned Kernel

Not voting (5): shraeye, WestCoastDidds, DatSwan, ashersky, mcmcsalot

With 13 players alive, it take 7 to lynch most players. Day 1 will end at 8:35 AM FT on May 12th.

He/him

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 08, 2019, 10:50:39 am »

This math doesn't help you scumhunt and only makes your posts look larger and more meaningful.

MiX

• Steward
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 08, 2019, 10:53:03 am »

I can't see in what scenario always claiming Baudelaire helps town. At all.

Vote: ash, pubby has enough heat...for now.

PPE 1: I guess, but given I calculated it while thinking about the plan I thought I should just give it. The exact number isn't that useful.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 08, 2019, 12:02:46 pm »

No, bad, awful.
That's a pretty strange way to word things.  But it's equivalent to "people shouldn't claim at L-1" which is a fine and reasonable position to take.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 08, 2019, 12:05:34 pm »

Aaaaand, we kick of another edition of shraeye doesn't understand MiX.

You are against ALL Awaclus lynches.....last time you played you were happy he was lynched...

So is that the REASON why you are against Awaclus lynches?  Why would past happiness cause present unwillingness to repeat the happiness-causing scenario?

Or were you against it last time as well, but happy about it regardless?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: May 08, 2019, 12:07:00 pm »

No he doesn't.  What makes you think you know more than he does about what his correct action is?

MiX

• Steward
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 08, 2019, 12:07:48 pm »

You are against ALL Awaclus lynches.....last time you played you were happy he was lynched...

So is that the REASON why you are against Awaclus lynches?  Why would past happiness cause present unwillingness to repeat the happiness-causing scenario?

Last time I was scum! I guess you needed that extra bit of information. I was really scared of Awaclus and I loved it when town gave me an opportunity to vote for him without actually expressing any real scumread. So, yeah, I was happy, but now I'm town, so I want to be happy the other way, which is keeping Awaclus alive and having him be a complete pain to scum, maybe himself included.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 08, 2019, 12:08:31 pm »

I think that sounds far-fetched.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 08, 2019, 12:09:50 pm »

Ah...I'm pretty sure VFD-affecting powers will work on scum...and scum probably have powers affecting VFD.

100% disagree.

Didds is always interested in setup analysis, but doesn't do it well herself.  She's always interested in people explaining the setup to her.

ALSO, Didds in absolutely NO WAY caused ADK to soft-claim, because ADK straight-up claimed Volunteer on his own.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 08, 2019, 12:13:41 pm »

100% disagree.

Didds is always interested in setup analysis, but doesn't do it well herself.  She's always interested in people explaining the setup to her.

ALSO, Didds in absolutely NO WAY caused ADK to soft-claim, because ADK straight-up claimed Volunteer on his own.

aaaand, now that I'm totally caught up, I see that most of these points have already been addressed.  Except that Didds was simply "claiming" that this is her meta.  Consider her claim confirmed.

WestCoastDidds

• Chancellor
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 08, 2019, 12:15:06 pm »

This should absolutely be my new signature line.

Also, the reason why I suck at chess but am quite good at crossword puzzles and escape rooms. Thinking through if/then scenarios...ughhhhh

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 08, 2019, 12:15:50 pm »

Last time I was scum! I guess you needed that extra bit of information. I was really scared of Awaclus and I loved it when town gave me an opportunity to vote for him without actually expressing any real scumread. So, yeah, I was happy, but now I'm town, so I want to be happy the other way, which is keeping Awaclus alive and having him be a complete pain to scum, maybe himself included.
It is very important to include as many relevant bits of information as possible.  And to get to the heart of a matter.  Such as, why do assume Awaclus will be a pain to scum?  Why does this outweigh the possibility that he IS scum?

WestCoastDidds

• Chancellor
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 08, 2019, 12:19:10 pm »

Shraeye, what do you make of ADK's thoughts about the Vs claiming? and Asher's thoughts about everyone claim Baudelaire at L-1?

MiX

• Steward
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 08, 2019, 12:29:41 pm »

It is very important to include as many relevant bits of information as possible.  And to get to the heart of a matter.  Such as, why do assume Awaclus will be a pain to scum?  Why does this outweigh the possibility that he IS scum?

Well, I think Awaclus is someone who plays an extremely pro-town game, and I believe scum want him gone in all games. That's what I remember from the games I've read of him, and it's what happened in the game I played with him. His meta also means it's incredibly easy to make town push for his mislynch (somehow), so I'm here to say, well, I'm offering resistance. I did it before (for a bit, then I flipped on him because I was scum) and I'll do it again. Also faust's case on Awaclus is pretty weak, I'll need much, MUCH more to lynch Awaclus D1.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 08, 2019, 12:33:55 pm »

Shraeye, what do you make of ADK's thoughts about the Vs claiming? and Asher's thoughts about everyone claim Baudelaire at L-1?
Answering the question
Both seem like reasonable plans for them to propose, but that doesn't mean I agree with them.  As always, I will come to my own decision for my own reasons regarding claiming.

But the position that ADK is scummy because of what he says is silly.  The position that ash is scummy because of what he says is also silly. Neither of those two specific thoughts did anything to move my scum/town radar on those two players.

My surrounding thoughts:
ADK is towny and his Volunteer claim is totally believable.

I like asher's idea, but from a different perspective.  "Nobody claim" is an equivalent stance to asher's stance, and it's an idea that's run through my head in a "What if...?" sort of way.  f.ds plays the claim-game weird, so wanting to shake it up like this seems reasonable.  If this setup in particular makes it an even stronger stance than normal, then there's that as well.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 08, 2019, 01:10:31 pm »

Also, the reason why I suck at chess but am quite good at crossword puzzles and escape rooms.
Also cake. Don't forget the cake!

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 08, 2019, 01:13:17 pm »

Well, I think Awaclus is someone who plays an extremely pro-town game, and I believe scum want him gone in all games. That's what I remember from the games I've read of him, and it's what happened in the game I played with him. His meta also means it's incredibly easy to make town push for his mislynch (somehow), so I'm here to say, well, I'm offering resistance. I did it before (for a bit, then I flipped on him because I was scum) and I'll do it again. Also faust's case on Awaclus is pretty weak, I'll need much, MUCH more to lynch Awaclus D1.
This is really framing it in a wrong light because I'm not voting Awaclus for being in his meta, I am very specifically voting him for going against it and offering up information and help to scum.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 08, 2019, 01:24:00 pm »

This is really framing it in a wrong light because I'm not voting Awaclus for being in his meta, I am very specifically voting him for going against it and offering up information and help to scum.

I'm not doing either of those things. You could say I helped scum by telling them something they would surely have figured out on their own anyway. Meh.

WestCoastDidds

• Chancellor
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 08, 2019, 01:26:08 pm »

I agree with this. And I'm a bit confounded with ADK's remark that Awa's comments tend to be substantial.

PPE 1

pubby

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 08, 2019, 02:12:27 pm »

No he doesn't.  What makes you think you know more than he does about what his correct action is?
Because I'll only reveal my volunteer status if there's a good reason to. If ADK or Awaclus need to know all the volunteers statuses then they'll have to explain why lest they won't get mine.

Right now, Awaclus has one claimed volunteer (ADK) and one claimed non-volunteer (MiX). If he has a single-target action then he doesn't need more information today and shouldn't be asking others to claim volunteer status until tomorrow. If he needs more volunteers, then again, I expect him to get persuasive or gain credibility.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 08, 2019, 02:15:03 pm »

Well, I actually don't need volunteers at all. It would be nice to get at least one non-volunteer that I'm not scumreading though.

WestCoastDidds

• Chancellor
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 08, 2019, 02:21:15 pm »

I am very curious about the sugar bowl.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 08, 2019, 02:54:56 pm »

Because I'll only reveal my volunteer status if there's a good reason to. If ADK or Awaclus need to know all the volunteers statuses then they'll have to explain why lest they won't get mine.

Right now, Awaclus has one claimed volunteer (ADK) and one claimed non-volunteer (MiX). If he has a single-target action then he doesn't need more information today and shouldn't be asking others to claim volunteer status until tomorrow. If he needs more volunteers, then again, I expect him to get persuasive or gain credibility.

What qualifies as "good reason" to you?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 08, 2019, 03:00:54 pm »

I agree with this. And I'm a bit confounded with ADK's remark that Awa's comments tend to be substantial.

PPE 1

He doesn't say much, but what he says is almost always relevant.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

DatSwan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 08, 2019, 03:20:40 pm »

100% disagree.

I agree with this to the extent that WCD prolonging the set up analysis is in no way skummy for them.

DatSwan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 08, 2019, 03:36:36 pm »

No, bad, awful.

I have ran this back through how it would pan out.
I actually strongly agree with Ash at this point.

Run through the logic to the 4th person on the block that "has to claim". It maths out.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 08, 2019, 03:40:58 pm »

No, bad, awful.

Run through the logic to the 4th person on the block that "has to claim". It maths out.

How are the claims meaningful at all if everyone claims the same thing, which is effectively the same as nobody claiming?

DatSwan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 08, 2019, 03:41:17 pm »

No, bad, awful.

Also important - this plan holds essentially the same value as being talked about and then executed as it does from not being talked about and then executed. But only at the preliminary stage. the points past this should probably remain silent.

DatSwan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 08, 2019, 03:42:04 pm »

No, bad, awful.

How are the claims meaningful at all if everyone claims the same thing, which is effectively the same as nobody claiming?

That is the point - they are not meaningful. And please see my previous post from PPE.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 08, 2019, 03:43:16 pm »

All I see there is that we prevent scum from knowing where the Baudelaires are (which I think we might be overvaluing how much that matters) and we also prevent Baudelaires and therefore ourselves from knowing where the scum are.

DatSwan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 08, 2019, 03:48:55 pm »

All I see there is that we prevent scum from knowing where the Baudelaires are (which I think we might be overvaluing how much that matters) and we also prevent Baudelaires and therefore ourselves from knowing where the scum are.

Well I mean the value of keeping the children alive is literally half our win con, so that is fairly important.
But outside of that, I am not going to attempt to convince you at this time.

MiX

• Steward
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 08, 2019, 03:49:46 pm »

What does this have to do with ash's "plan"? As for the plan itself...it's about how each Baudelaire have different names, right? Oh, that'll make my head hurt to think around...

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 08, 2019, 04:00:33 pm »

Because I'll only reveal my volunteer status if there's a good reason to.

Me too.  But that's slightly different than saying "Awaclus needs to reveal more". 

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 08, 2019, 04:04:26 pm »

100% disagree.

I agree with this to the extent that WCD prolonging the set up analysis is in no way skummy for them.
[/quote]

That's the only extent to which I meant the post. 

I guess MiX also had a bit in there about powers. But I always boil his posts down to "main point" in my mind, so literally just jumped past the part where his internal thoughts about powers leaked out for no apparent reason.  I mental-filtered his post to be
Didds is scummy for talking setup like she's doing

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 08, 2019, 04:04:53 pm »

Shoot.  Quote fail.  Hope that's parse-able

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: May 08, 2019, 04:07:00 pm »

What does this have to do with ash's "plan"? As for the plan itself...it's about how each Baudelaire have different names, right? Oh, that'll make my head hurt to think around...

We all have different names. It's flavor. What are you getting at?

MiX

• Steward
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 08, 2019, 04:12:18 pm »

Well, if we were to claim what Baudelaire we are...then...maybe...something would change when it's the 4th person claiming? At least that's what ash and Swan seemed to hint at? But I still can't see how the plan is anything but "no one should claim at L-1" like shraeye said.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 08, 2019, 04:21:48 pm »

Well, if we were to claim what Baudelaire we are...then...maybe...something would change when it's the 4th person claiming? At least that's what ash and Swan seemed to hint at? But I still can't see how the plan is anything but "no one should claim at L-1" like shraeye said.

Do you believe ADK's claim?

MiX

• Steward
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 08, 2019, 04:38:36 pm »

Do you believe ADK's claim?

That he's Volunteer? Yeah, I do. Why?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 08, 2019, 07:06:39 pm »

I'm changing my position. No more closing should happen at this point. And no one should do any more talking about who should and shouldn't claim what at L-1
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 08, 2019, 07:07:01 pm »

Closing=claiming
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 08, 2019, 08:13:17 pm »

I'm changing my position. No more closing should happen at this point. And no one should do any more talking about who should and shouldn't claim what at L-1
Yaaay!!

So, want to start on RVS finally?

vote: Space....are they even in this game?

Nope!  But DatSwan is

vote: DatSwan

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 08, 2019, 10:03:38 pm »

Has he claimed something else and I missed it?

Because I felt like asking.  It's the only thing of substance that's happened this game and I figured if anybody would have a long, convoluted, scummy response it would be you.  You surprised me.  I'm interested to see how this plays out.

DatSwan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 09, 2019, 03:11:56 am »

Yaaay!!

So, want to start on RVS finally?

vote: Space....are they even in this game?

Nope!  But DatSwan is

vote: DatSwan

Hey Shraeye!

vote: Shraeye

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 09, 2019, 08:54:08 am »

Catching up now will post as I go but will try not to clutter.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 09, 2019, 10:12:52 am »

Anyone want to join me in voting for didds?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 09, 2019, 10:14:00 am »

Vote: Didds

WestCoastDidds

• Chancellor
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 09, 2019, 10:18:45 am »

A terrible idea!

WestCoastDidds

• Chancellor
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 09, 2019, 10:26:14 am »

A terrible idea!

ADK, you especially should know I'm town, but I am not at all fond of the piling on.
Why stand next to a Kernal when you could stand next to a Didds? vote: Awaclus

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 09, 2019, 10:30:35 am »

ADK, you especially should know I'm town, but I am not at all fond of the piling on.

Why should he know that you're town?

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: May 09, 2019, 10:44:00 am »

Trying not to clutter so some single post thoughts as I’m going.

Adk is towny for his claim though I’m not sure it’s a good idea.
Awaclus made me giggle.
Mix being towny thinking out loud.
I think I agree with raerae this plan is giving us ic’s while giving scum poe on the B’s. As the VFD are more likely to become ic via night action/organic claims I think the plan benefits scum.

MiX

• Steward
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 09, 2019, 10:44:37 am »

Do you believe you will ever say the reason for this vote? If so, when would it be ideal?

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 09, 2019, 10:49:35 am »

I actually strongly support the no one claim mason plan.

It means scum can’t claim mason to force a counterclaim and it also means if a mason manages to claim something non mason and survive they are less likely to be night killed. There is more benefts here as well but I don’t think they need to/should be explained.

WestCoastDidds

• Chancellor
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 09, 2019, 10:51:39 am »

We've been playing together quite a bit on Jimmmm's site and  it has become clear that I am easily found out when I am scum and that I am most myself when I am town. Which is what is happening here.  For example, I wouldn't bother with all of my questions to understand the claiming-game if I wasn't town.  If I wasn't town, I wouldn't care.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 09, 2019, 10:53:38 am »

Do you believe you will ever say the reason for this vote? If so, when would it be ideal?

That depends on a lot of things.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 09, 2019, 10:54:20 am »

On a scumhinting note, vote: Europe I think he has posted a decent amount but not really said much of anything.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 09, 2019, 11:07:00 am »

We've been playing together quite a bit on Jimmmm's site and  it has become clear that I am easily found out when I am scum and that I am most myself when I am town. Which is what is happening here.  For example, I wouldn't bother with all of my questions to understand the claiming-game if I wasn't town.  If I wasn't town, I wouldn't care.

You had me pretty well fooled in the matrix6 game. Also, I'm also wary the "I can't possibly emulate my town meta as scum!" argument
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 09, 2019, 11:07:33 am »

Is there a noone claim Mason plan? I thought there was only an everyone claim Mason plan.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 09, 2019, 11:07:44 am »

On a scumhinting note, vote: Europe I think he has posted a decent amount but not really said much of anything.

I like the thought but I feel like that's just an Eddie thing
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 09, 2019, 11:08:12 am »

Is there a noone claim Mason plan? I thought there was only an everyone claim Mason plan.

Any plan about who should or shouldn't claim Mason is bad
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #235 on: May 09, 2019, 11:19:26 am »

At a small corner cafe, Mr. Poe looks up from his copy of the Daily Punctillio, which reads "ARSONISTS RESPONSIBLE FOR DEADLY FIRE STILL AT LARGE."

"Oh dear," he says to his wife, "I do hope those children are alright."

"Oh, they'll be fine dear," says Mrs. Poe. "You placed them with their cousin, didn't you?"

"I did," said Mr. Poe, "And now that he is legally their guardian I'm sure he has nothing but their best interests at heart."

"Why would you ever doubt that a legally appointed guardian would want to take care of three orphans and their enormous fortune?" asks an oddly accented stranger at the next table.

"You seem familiar," says Mr. Poe. "Do I know you?"

"I don't think we've ever met before," says the man in a completely different accent.

"What's your name?" asks Mrs. Poe.

The man glance over the menu. "Mr. ... Benedict." He says.

Voting Figure (Daily)

A Drowned Kernel (1):pubby
pubby (2): 2.71828....., Uncleeurope
shraeye (2): raerae, DatSwan
Awaclus (2): faust, WestCoastDidds
WestCoastDidds (2): A Drowned Kernel, Awaclus
ashersky (1):MiX
DatSwam: (1) shraeye
UncleEurope (1): mcmcsalot

Not voting (1): ashersky

He/ Him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 09, 2019, 11:23:57 am »

vote: Europe
That's not due for another 2 weeks.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 09, 2019, 11:24:48 am »

I think shraeye mentioned it. It’s the same theory as everyone claim but more flexible.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 09, 2019, 11:25:22 am »

I would also vote swan, I don’t like his shraeye vote.

MiX

• Steward
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 09, 2019, 12:13:14 pm »

Hmm...isn't No one claim Mason + Claiming at L-1 = faust's original plan? Which is even worse than the one ADK proposed? I don't get why mcmc likes it.

Can anyone look over ash? The way he talked about the Baudelaires seems to come from a scum angle, they're much more important than he makes them to be. Well, I'm probably exaggerating here, but he downplays this way too much. I also like the swan, but I think swan's just a very weird person that I feel I can read reasonably well.

Because I felt like asking.  It's the only thing of substance that's happened this game and I figured if anybody would have a long, convoluted, scummy response it would be you.  You surprised me.  I'm interested to see how this plays out.

You are very interesting...the only thing off about this is that I can understand your thought process, which used to be something I could not do untill I probed around. Perhaps we are getting to know each other better and better?

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: May 09, 2019, 12:39:15 pm »

Ouch.

And I may as well say this here, but I will be pretty empty of actual content for awhile as I am going to be prepping for, then subsequently enjoying some online friend people who are visiting this week. I imagine I should be able to do something around Saturday at least. (I hope).

Vote: raerae for now.
Uncleeurope Eddie

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 09, 2019, 01:04:18 pm »

Oh snap

vote: awaclus
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 09, 2019, 01:09:48 pm »

Well maybe not

unvote
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 09, 2019, 01:10:23 pm »

Ouch.

And I may as well say this here, but I will be pretty empty of actual content for awhile as I am going to be prepping for, then subsequently enjoying some online friend people who are visiting this week. I imagine I should be able to do something around Saturday at least. (I hope).

unvote

That’s a pretty towny response, why raerae?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 09, 2019, 01:12:36 pm »

Awaclus, do you still believe that a mass volunteer claim would be good?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 09, 2019, 01:19:51 pm »

Ouch.

unvote

The usual earnestness and extreme amount of question asking has been replaced with a surprising amount of passivity.
Uncleeurope Eddie

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 09, 2019, 01:30:05 pm »

Ouch.

unvote

The usual earnestness and extreme amount of question asking has been replaced with a surprising amount of passivity.

I'll also note that I don't like how easily you gave up there.
Uncleeurope Eddie

MiX

• Steward
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 09, 2019, 01:32:36 pm »

Ouch.

unvote

Where has she been passive? Not like I reread her, just want to see what posts you think are scummy from raerae.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 09, 2019, 01:34:52 pm »

This post felt weird to me.
Uncleeurope Eddie

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 09, 2019, 01:38:11 pm »

This post felt weird to me.

How is it passive, though?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

pubby

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 09, 2019, 01:38:50 pm »

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 09, 2019, 01:51:32 pm »

How is it passive, though?

Bolding mine.

Seems like something out of place for raerae.
Uncleeurope Eddie

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 09, 2019, 01:56:58 pm »

Yeah, I do still think the overall benefits and downsides would add up to better than nothing. What I don't like about the current situation is that scum knows who I'm going to target unless more people claim non-volunteer, and even if they don't hopefully have any idea what my power does, that information might come in handier for them than I would like.

MiX

• Steward
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 09, 2019, 01:59:27 pm »

Yeah, I do still think the overall benefits and downsides would add up to better than nothing. What I don't like about the current situation is that scum knows who I'm going to target unless more people claim non-volunteer, and even if they don't hopefully have any idea what my power does, that information might come in handier for them than I would like.

What I don't like is that you just told everyone who you're going to target. Like, right now.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 09, 2019, 02:02:07 pm »

What I don't like is that you just told everyone who you're going to target. Like, right now.

I don't expect scum to be a bunch of idiots so I just told everyone nothing they didn't already know.

DatSwan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: May 09, 2019, 02:05:00 pm »

Awaclus - is there a way down the road we are going to be able to determine you are not skum trying to get a skummy plan off?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 09, 2019, 02:07:14 pm »

Awaclus - is there a way down the road we are going to be able to determine you are not skum trying to get a skummy plan off?

Yes.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 09, 2019, 02:08:32 pm »

Extra-delay OMGUS? What's this about?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 09, 2019, 02:09:02 pm »

Also I'm back to vote: WCD
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

pubby

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 09, 2019, 03:05:43 pm »

That, and he hasn't said much besides semi-joking he's town, and semi-joking ADK is town. I'm scumreading it, though I'm partially voting because I don't see anyone better (worse?) to vote for.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 09, 2019, 04:03:52 pm »

Ouch.

You know I hate it when you do that.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 09, 2019, 04:08:17 pm »

Why should you care who he targets with the power nobody but him knows he has?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 09, 2019, 04:09:36 pm »

That, and he hasn't said much besides semi-joking he's town, and semi-joking ADK is town. I'm scumreading it, though I'm partially voting because I don't see anyone better (worse?) to vote for.

How do you feel about awaclus?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Steward
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 09, 2019, 04:11:17 pm »

Mostly because he does, yet he just said who he was targetting with no ambiguity for no reason whatsoever.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 09, 2019, 04:19:01 pm »

Mostly because he does, yet he just said who he was targetting with no ambiguity for no reason whatsoever.

There was no ambiguity about it to begin with.

Well, let's say I specifically want to target non-VFDs with my power, and all other things considered, it makes it worth it (even if some scums don't claim volunteer).

If you agree with me that this is a problem, blame the people who aren't claiming non-VFD. I'm doing my best to convince them otherwise.

MiX

• Steward
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 09, 2019, 04:25:03 pm »

There was no ambiguity about it to begin with.

If you agree with me that this is a problem, blame the people who aren't claiming non-VFD. I'm doing my best to convince them otherwise.

Hmm...okay. That's...okay.

Vote: ash

pubby

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 09, 2019, 04:57:32 pm »

How do you feel about awaclus?
He's my #2 vote.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 09, 2019, 05:08:04 pm »

I still don't understand why this a bad thing or why you find it so offensive.

MiX

• Steward
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 09, 2019, 05:19:34 pm »

Because it felt like he was giving more information than he needed to and than he already had. But then I realized something and I stopped voting for him.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 09, 2019, 05:30:02 pm »

Because it felt like he was giving more information than he needed to and than he already had. But then I realized something and I stopped voting for him.

But why are you faulting somebody for giving the information they decided is important? And what is this magical "something" you realized? I don't understand why you scumread him for giving information. What, specifically, is scummy about that?

See, I think you're reaching to find something scummy, I think you got called out and backed off. So, if that isn't the case, please explain your logic, if it is then you can just about you're school and we can close out this day easy peasy.

MiX

• Steward
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: May 09, 2019, 05:40:20 pm »

I realized that, from his perspective, since he knows his role, he thought he gave more information than he did. That's not scummy, in fact, that makes perfect sense from a town!Awaclus perspective. So I backed off.

I guess last time you thought I was scummy for backing off a case you were right, so I understand your pressure here.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 09, 2019, 05:44:58 pm »

I realized that, from his perspective, since he knows his role, he thought he gave more information than he did.

What is this information? First I revealed the fact that I'm going to be targeting a non-VFD due to pressure from pubby. Later I said that scum knows who I'm going to target, which was true.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile