Dominion > Dominion General Discussion

Project - card parallels

(1/7) > >>

ednever:
A thought I had today (not very original I am sure)

Fair - Market Square :: $4 / $3
Barracks - Village :: $6 / $3
Canal - Highway :: $7 / $5
NA - Lab :: NA / $5

Thoughts:
- They kind of scale the same way (order of value)
- Village is likely underpriced for what it does - but for a good reason - the game is a lot more fun with cheap villages
- Unclear why there isn't a Project for +1 card. Too much overlap with Flag and Hireling?
- +buy is obviously the weakest - except when it is the most important. When there is no other way to get +1 buy Fair is likely the best deal of the bunch. I'll bet it could have been priced higher and it would still be worth buying - when it is worth buying at all

Ed

Commodore Chuckles:
Interesting. So the price ratios get higher the more useful the effect is.

In that case, a +1 card project would be at least $9, and I might even put it at $10, since +1 card is even better when it's at the start of your turn.

Considering Poacher is $4, a +$1 project would be $6 or $7. I'd put it at $6 since $ is much less useful than actions at the start of your turn.

Also, Cathedral could probably stand a price raise. It gets docked a few $ for the non-optionality, but I still think it could end up higher when compared to the others.

What other vanilla bonuses are there? Hmmm... what about a +1 VP project? The closest we have to cantrip +VP is Groundskeeper, but the real deal is probably better. I'd put it at $9, since +VP isn't useful at the start of your turn.

werothegreat:
A +1 Card project would be an insta-buy - you'd always get it.  At least with Barracks you sometimes don't get it in Village-heavy games.

LastFootnote:
A +1 Card Project is very close to Hireling. I believe that’s the reason it wasn’t seriously considered.

faust:

--- Quote from: Commodore Chuckles on April 17, 2019, 07:50:57 pm ---Also, Cathedral could probably stand a price raise. It gets docked a few $ for the non-optionality, but I still think it could end up higher when compared to the others.

--- End quote ---
Not really. Cathedral is good because you can open with it. I  guess you could put it at $4, but that just leads to 4/3 getting a significant advantage over 3/4 and otherwise doesn't do much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version