Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Necromancing a Mining Village?  (Read 1374 times)

DooWopDJ

• Golem
  • Respect: +62
    • View Profile
Necromancing a Mining Village?
« on: April 11, 2019, 12:54:10 pm »

So with the best of my abilities I still cannot determine correct way to play if a player plays a Necromancer to play a Mining Village card from the Trash pile.

The rule question is 'Does 'Trashing" mean from anywhere in the card (so can I trash a card from the trash back to the trash?)

By "... simply doing exactly what the cards say...' it seems (a horrible assumption it seems when asking a question in the forum, but I am going to ask anyways), that a player would get "+2", because I could not find a ruling that said where Trashing could not happen from the trash, although 'Trash rules do state '... Trashing a card usually means removing it permanently from your deck...' but then again the word 'usually' is there, so thus my question to clarify if my question.
Thanks
-DooWopDJ

crj

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1644
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancing a Mining Village?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 01:00:14 pm »
+1

The rules for Mining Village itself make clear that you cannot trash a Mining Village that is already in the Trash.

Also, that you do not get the +$2 unless you trash it.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 02:24:03 pm »
+1

You cannot trash the card for 2 different reasons.

One is that you cannot trash a card that is in the trash; because trashing means moving to the trash.

The other is because of the Lose Track rule; Mining Village expects itself to be in play when following its instructions. So when it tries to trash itself; it can't move itself because it isn't in play where it expects.

This is commonly asked about in regards to Throne Room + Mining Village; the Intrigue rulebook specifies this:

If you Throne Room a Mining Village, you cannot trash it twice (and so cannot get the + twice).
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 02:25:34 pm by GendoIkari »
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 02:32:45 pm »
+2

Actually the rules for Necromancer also clarifies this, from the Nocturne rulebook:
Necromancer can be used on a card that trashes itself when played; if the card checks to see if it was trashed (such as Pixie), it was not, but if the card does not check (such as Tragic Hero), it will function normally.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.