Dominion > Rules Questions

Trashing an Estate for Pirate Ship

(1/1)

Ingix:
This is inspired by a bug on Dominion Online, but applies IRL as well:

If you play Pirate Ship in "each other player reveals..." mode and you choose to trash a revealed Estate that is also a Treasure, this does give you a Coin token for the Pirate Ship mat, right? A Treasure was trashed, it just isn't a Treasure any more.

Dominionaer:
I assume you meant with Inheritance and Capitalism? So other player has bought Inheritance and inherited lets say Militia. You have bought Capitalism. I think you are correct then.

ben_king:
Based on the ruling that playing Band of Misfits as a Treasure Map does get you 4 Golds, it would seem that the "if you/anyone trashed..." wording checks what was trashed at the time it was trashed, rather than what the card currently is.  So I agree that you are correct.

Jeebus:
Or Inherit Crown, with cost reduction.

werothegreat:
It depends on when Pirate Ship is checking if it's a Treasure.  If it checks "on-trash", then yes, you should get a Coin token.  If it checks the card after it's been trashed (i.e., when the card is no longer player B's and thus no longer an Inherited Action and thus no longer a Treasure), then you would not get a Coin token.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version