Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Baba Is You  (Read 19039 times)

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
  • Respect: +1980
    • View Profile
Re: Baba Is You
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2019, 10:45:44 am »

I love and hate this game. Been staying up way too late the past several nights; just not wanting to quit while stuck on a puzzle. So frustrating. And fun. We're getting close to the end though!

I found that sleeping on puzzles I was stuck on was helpful. I'd be playing before bed, get stuck, go to sleep, and then wake up going "oh THAT'S what I need to do!"
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2019, 02:40:26 pm »

I finally finished all 223 levels yesterday!

Strange, because we have completed 225 levels...

How do you know when you are done? Everything online is inconsistent with how many total levels there are. We think it might be a difference between Switch and Steam versions? Can anyone confirm? Or just updates that changed things after guides were made.

We’ve read about a level in Meta called “woah”. But no idea if it actually exists. Any time we create an extra level that we haven’t done in Meta; it gets a “00” number; and when we select that level; it just takes us to a different; already completed level. Even though we never actually did “00”.

Except; the level number on the level load screen changes! We can either go to “Level Meta-8: Mutual Feelings”... or with a lot of work, we can get to “Level Meta-0: Mutual Feelings”; which looks the same and does not award an additional flower when beaten.

Is this a glitch? There are a couple different ways to make this “Level 00”; but they all end up the same.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2019, 06:55:49 pm »

How do you know when you are done? Everything online is inconsistent with how many total levels there are. We think it might be a difference between Switch and Steam versions? Can anyone confirm? Or just updates that changed things after guides were made.

We’ve read about a level in Meta called “woah”. But no idea if it actually exists. Any time we create an extra level that we haven’t done in Meta; it gets a “00” number; and when we select that level; it just takes us to a different; already completed level. Even though we never actually did “00”.

Except; the level number on the level load screen changes! We can either go to “Level Meta-8: Mutual Feelings”... or with a lot of work, we can get to “Level Meta-0: Mutual Feelings”; which looks the same and does not award an additional flower when beaten.

Is this a glitch? There are a couple different ways to make this “Level 00”; but they all end up the same.

I got the "area complete" thingy on every level, so I assume I got them all.  The only thing in Meta that I thought of that I could maybe make a level was the cursor, but I couldn't figure out a way to do that.  It seemed like I was done, so I assumed I was done.  I have the switch version.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2019, 10:03:02 pm »

I got the "area complete" thingy on every level, so I assume I got them all.  The only thing in Meta that I thought of that I could maybe make a level was the cursor, but I couldn't figure out a way to do that.  It seemed like I was done, so I assumed I was done.  I have the switch version.

Cursor is Level is supposed to make the “woah” Level that doesn’t exist for me. It’s super hard to make but possible.. but for me it creates a “00” level that almost acts like a glitch.

Did you get the 3 orbs, and the area called “Center” which has just 2 levels; one that requires 3 orbs to get to?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 10:55:41 pm by GendoIkari »
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2019, 11:11:49 pm »

Cursor is Level is supposed to make the “woah” Level that doesn’t exist for me. It’s super hard to make but possible.. but for me it creates a “00” level that almost acts like a glitch.

Did you get the 3 orbs, and the area called “Center” which has just 2 levels; one that requires 3 orbs to get to?

Yeah, I did the Center area.  Although, now that I think of it, I don't know if I beat the slideshow one...  I'll have to check.

math

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: math
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2019, 11:44:54 pm »

On the Switch, there are only the 225 levels you have found.  "Whoa" is the last one, and it's currently only on the Steam version.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2019, 10:44:01 am »

On the Switch, there are only the 225 levels you have found.  "Whoa" is the last one, and it's currently only on the Steam version.

Thanks! It’s a bit disappointing that nothing in the game tells you when you complete every level; so no way to know if you should keep hunting for more hidden levels.

Still, as a whole, great game. Beat the whole thing with just a few minor hints.

Not a fan of the solution to “The Box”. While it was a really neat idea; nothing else we had seen in the game gave a reason to think that it would work; it felt like the game breaking its own established rules.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2019, 11:32:13 am »

Not a fan of the solution to “The Box”. While it was a really neat idea; nothing else we had seen in the game gave a reason to think that it would work; it felt like the game breaking its own established rules.

That was one of my favorite levels.  It might have just been the name, though...

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2019, 12:38:54 pm »

That was one of my favorite levels.  It might have just been the name, though...

The name definitely led to the creativity of the solution; I just felt like it required a mechanic that nothing in the game gave me reason to think was a mechanic.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3347
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2019, 06:11:22 pm »

I've been playing a little bit more recently, and managed to make some progress where I was stuck. Managed to get the area clear flower from all 10 sub areas (the puzzles just got cooler and cooler with stuff like All and Empty keywords), and cleared "A Way Out?", both Win and End, thus "finishing" the game.

But before I did, I managed to do levels 9 and 10 on the overworld, and... the Level keyword is even more ridiculous. I won the overworld and got to the ??? world. I also accessed the hidden level in the overworld and got the orb - are there more orbs I could have found by now? I kind of wonder. I also managed to get the flower from ABC, and accessed the Depths. I think I reached level 3 or 4 in the depths, which is where I'm currently at. I'm on 131 levels clear, 11 flowers, 1 orb. I think I've managed to find about 185 levels so far, give or take. Everything in these worlds is crazy and breaking my brain, but I'm slowly making progress.

One question I have now is, how close am I to another ending? I suspect I'm not too far, right?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 06:40:07 pm by Tables »
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2019, 06:33:42 pm »

I've been playing a little bit more recently, and managed to make some progress where I was stuck. Managed to get the area clear flower from all 10 sub areas (the puzzles just got cooler and cooler with stuff like All and Empty keywords), and cleared "A Way Out?", both Win and End, thus "finishing" the game.

But before I did, I managed to do levels 9 and 10 on the overworld, and... the Level keyword is even more ridiculous. I won the overworld and got to the ??? world. I also accessed the hidden level in the overworld and got the orb - are there more orbs I could have found by now? I kind of wonder. I also managed to get the flower from ABC, and accessed the Depths. I think I reached level 3 or 4 in the depths, which is where I'm currently at. I'm on 131 levels clear, 11 flowers, 1 orb. I think I've managed to find about 185 levels so far, give or take. Everything in these worlds is crazy and breaking my brain, but I'm slowly making progress.

One question I have now is, how close am I to another ending? I suspect I'm not too far, right?
[/quote]

If you look at my recent posts in this thread you will find the total number of levels available; as well as a bit about the 3 orbs. You are somewhat close.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2019, 06:44:05 pm »

Hm, I see. Currently stumped by Depths-3: Crushers. Winning is of course trivial. But I have not found a way to make level into anything - and I'm not actually sure what useful things it could be made based on the keywords in the level, either. Probably it would be Text I suppose? Whatever that will do. I feel like the three blocks on the right, the two Is and a Push, must be relevant somehow - but there doesn't seem to be a way to make use of them at all. The only thing I can push over there is Text, and well Text is Push by default. And the only word I can get out is an is, but that feels like I'm missing something.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2019, 07:05:11 pm »
+2

Hm, I see. Currently stumped by Depths-3: Crushers. Winning is of course trivial. But I have not found a way to make level into anything - and I'm not actually sure what useful things it could be made based on the keywords in the level, either. Probably it would be Text I suppose? Whatever that will do. I feel like the three blocks on the right, the two Is and a Push, must be relevant somehow - but there doesn't seem to be a way to make use of them at all. The only thing I can push over there is Text, and well Text is Push by default. And the only word I can get out is an is, but that feels like I'm missing something.

Ah yes, we had a lot of trouble with that one; it was one that we eventually looked at a hint for.

My very vague and mostly non-spoilery hint would be: SHIFT has an interesting property under the right circumstances. .

Slightly more specifically: SHIFT can act exactly like MOVE if 2 things both shift each other.

math

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: math
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2019, 03:31:18 pm »

In addition to GendoIkari's hint, another specific but non-spoilery hint is that it is actually possible to make use of the "Push" text.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2019, 08:51:23 pm »

In addition to GendoIkari's hint, another specific but non-spoilery hint is that it is actually possible to make use of the "Push" text.

I think I cheesed the level and didn't do that.  I'm pretty sure it was cheese because then I never undid the move thing at the top right.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2019, 09:26:57 pm »

I think I cheesed the level and didn't do that.  I'm pretty sure it was cheese because then I never undid the move thing at the top right.

It’s been too long for me to remember specifically; but I think it might be that undoing the move thing allows a different possible way to change the level.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2019, 05:28:48 pm »
+1

I ended up looking at a guide for that one. It was a pretty complex solution, for sure. I did the next few levels independently though, completed Depths and Got the 2nd Orb. I now have 2 Orbs - the one from the "Text is Hide" level in the default overworld, the one from completing the Depths. I've stopped playing again for now, Fire Emblem is too addicting.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2019, 08:15:04 am »

I made moderate use of a guide, but have now finally completed the True Ending. I'm definitely not going for 100%, this game is absurdly hard. Still, even if I had to check guides several times when stumped, especially in Meta, I'm happy to have reached the end.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3388
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2019, 04:14:15 pm »

I got this game a few days ago, and love it.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 20 queries.