Meta > Feedback

Abusive Players

(1/2) > >>

poppymitt2019:
I just played against sadeas5. I played normally, as I always do.

At the end of the game, this is what this player wrote to me:

sadeas5:  way to get lucky faggot bitch, now do the world a favor and go fucking die 

I did not communicate with this player in any way, nor did I do anything other than play a normal game. I have seen sore losers, but I have never been confronted with hate speech.

Is there a way to report truly despicable, abusive players like this?

Awaclus:
Yes, blacklist them. If someone gets blacklisted more often than most people, the mods will see that and look into it.

crj:
To me, that feels like it goes beyond mere discourtesy or subjective offensiveness, and into more extremely objectionable territory. Safeguarding policies ought to mean there's a way to report such behaviour directly, rather than relying on the admins spotting it if the perpetrator does it repeatedly.

If someone behaves in the way reported (and the admins can presumably check the report's accuracy) then one time is one time too many. It shouldn't have to form part of a pattern of behaviour before something's done.

GendoIkari:

--- Quote from: crj on March 22, 2019, 08:14:14 pm ---To me, that feels like it goes beyond mere discourtesy or subjective offensiveness, and into more extremely objectionable territory. Safeguarding policies ought to mean there's a way to report such behaviour directly, rather than relying on the admins spotting it if the perpetrator does it repeatedly.

If someone behaves in the way reported (and the admins can presumably check the report's accuracy) then one time is one time too many. It shouldn't have to form part of a pattern of behaviour before something's done.

--- End quote ---

They don’t have the staff necessary to deal with such a reporting system.

crj:

--- Quote from: GendoIkari on March 22, 2019, 08:16:44 pm ---They don’t have the staff necessary to deal with such a reporting system.

--- End quote ---
Well, they ought to have. You might as well say they don't have the staff necessary to file annual accounts! Safeguarding is something every business should regard as indispensable.

In any case, is stuff like that actually common? How often would such a complaint come in, and how long would it take to deal with?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version