Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Haggler with Multiple Buys  (Read 1165 times)

bobermay

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Haggler with Multiple Buys
« on: March 20, 2019, 06:54:12 pm »

Hi All,

This rule isn't very clear to me, and clarification would be helpful!

If you use multiple buys to gain cards at the end of your turn (in which a single Haggler had been played), can you gain multiple cards? Does this get multiplied if two Hagglers get played?

For instance, lets say you have two buys and buy a Gold and a Silver.  With on Haggler previously played, can you also gain a non-victory card worth 5 AND a non-victory card worth 2?

There is no clarification on this in the rules, so I'm assuming you can (as that is how the card reads)... however a part of me thinks its "too good to be true".

Thanks for your help!

B

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12849
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Haggler with Multiple Buys
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 07:08:35 pm »

Yes, the card works how it reads. Cards practically always do literally what it says on the card, even if it's a very strong effect.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

hhelibebcnofnena

• Minion
  • she/her
  • Respect: +409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 09:49:45 pm »

This is an example of what a Haggler-like effect which only works once looks like (from Empires):

Charm has a Haggler-like option which says, "the next time you buy a card this turn..."
So if Haggler meant that, it would say it.
Hydrogen Helium Lithium Beryllium Boron Carbon Nitrogen Oxygen Fluorine Neon Sodium

Shvegait

• Coppersmith
  • Respect: +93
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 10:20:54 pm »
+1

It's not just that you "can", but actually you must gain a cheaper non-Victory card if able, because it doesn't say "you may". For your example, when you buy a Silver, you must gain a cheaper non-Victory card than it, which might mean you have to gain a Copper even if you don't really want it.

If you have multiple Hagglers in play, you get the effect of each one, for each card you buy. So if you had two Hagglers in play, then buy a Gold, you must gain two cards each costing less than the Gold; if you then buy a Silver, you gain another two cards costing less than the Silver.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 20 queries.