Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10  All

Author Topic: LynchPool.com - Mafia players wanted  (Read 43005 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: LynchPool.com - Mafia testers wanted
« Reply #100 on: June 28, 2019, 06:04:52 am »

Sorry everyone, there was an issue with the latest Less Pressure. It's fixed now, but you'll need to sign up again if you want to play.
I probably shouldn't sign up for that one so everyone who was in the original game has a chance to do so?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 28, 2019, 11:11:44 am »

Sorry everyone, there was an issue with the latest Less Pressure. It's fixed now, but you'll need to sign up again if you want to play.
I probably shouldn't sign up for that one so everyone who was in the original game has a chance to do so?

Ehhh....I messaged them all this morning so they (shraeye and Eddie) have had plenty of opportunity.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2019, 11:28:37 am »

Ehhh....I messaged them all this morning so they (shraeye and Eddie) have had plenty of opportunity.
Well it's officially your fault now if they get mad!

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2019, 02:32:58 pm »

Well it's officially your fault now if they get mad!
Good enough for me
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 28, 2019, 05:45:45 pm »

I’ll take the heat!

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 04, 2019, 10:40:31 am »

We need three people for a Less Pressure. Who’s in?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 07, 2019, 11:53:42 am »

Someone come hammer!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 29, 2019, 09:29:22 pm »

Apologies for my lack of engagement lately. I know there have been a few issues that have been brought up which I haven't responded to. I'll make sure to get to them all in the next couple of days.

In the meantime, we're only 2 players shy of starting another Less Pressure. My brother (Wings) is keen to try it out and is considering working on the site with me. It'd be great if we could get a game going soon.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 29, 2019, 10:51:36 pm »

Apologies for my lack of engagement lately. I know there have been a few issues that have been brought up which I haven't responded to. I'll make sure to get to them all in the next couple of days.

In the meantime, we're only 2 players shy of starting another Less Pressure. My brother (Wings) is keen to try it out and is considering working on the site with me. It'd be great if we could get a game going soon.

/In, somebody hammer.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2019, 10:41:19 am »

/In, somebody hammer.

Welcome back raerae! Missed you.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2019, 10:38:41 am »

/In, somebody hammer.

Yeah, hooray!!!  Its so good to see you. Debate is in that one, so I will refrain but Glooble or Swowl should play! I've had good results just messaging people to make it happen. :)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2019, 10:39:40 am »

Or e or faust!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 01, 2019, 08:48:31 pm »

Another option is that someone (Didds?) could moderate and I could play.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 02, 2019, 09:47:22 am »

I can do that Jim, if you send me directions as to how! I assume the game pretty much just runs itself.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 02, 2019, 10:44:23 am »

I can do that Jim, if you send me directions as to how! I assume the game pretty much just runs itself.

Yeah it would basically just be answering questions in Help threads (you'll get notifications for posts there), and if something goes wrong or someone needs to be replaced or whatever, just letting me know in case I can fix it without ruining the game.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 02, 2019, 01:21:17 pm »

Yeah it would basically just be answering questions in Help threads (you'll get notifications for posts there), and if something goes wrong or someone needs to be replaced or whatever, just letting me know in case I can fix it without ruining the game.

Cool, yeah, I'll do it!  Now you really do someone to hammer...

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 18, 2019, 10:50:01 pm »

Hi all!

Some of you will remember Dice Mafia. I'm working on a greatly simplified version and it's pretty close to ready to test. I'm hoping that it generates enough interest to run a 9-13 player test game. Here's how it works at the moment:

There are no specific roles; all night actions come from the dice.

Each player starts with some number of unrolled 6-sided dice in their supply.
Each Day in which there are at least 5 players remaining, players are given a target score to aim for. To contribute to this target, players can roll 1-5 dice (in their Personal thread) and then play one. A played die contributes its value to the score. All dice which are rolled but not played are stored.

Each Night, each player may spend one stored die for a Night Action, depending on the value of the spent die.

Dice with a value of 2-3 provide an action regardless of alignment or the prior Day's result:

3. Dice Thief - Steal two dice from another player's supply.
2. Dice Giver - Give all your 1s to another player. If they have at least 5 1s, they discard two and return three to their supply (they become unrolled).
(1. No action.)

Actions provided by dice with a value of 4-6 depend on the player's alignment and whether the goal was achieved on the prior Day.

If the target is successfully reached:

Town Actions:
6. Cop
5. Tracker
4. Watcher

Mafia Actions:
6. Godfather (max one player per Night)
5. Ninja
4. Watcher

Otherwise:

Town Actions:
6. Roleblocker
5. Doctor
4. Bodyguard

Mafia Actions:
6. Vigilante (max one player per Night)
5. Strongman
4. Roleblocker

The idea is that after a successful Day, the Town has the chance to gain some information, and otherwise the Mafia has the chance to get an extra night kill.

I would love any kind of feedback, but especially with regards to the actions - do they seem fair to both sides? Are the higher value actions generallly stronger than the lower value ones? Is the game interesting enough without players having their own roles? Let me know what you think!

You can't sign up for it on the site yet, but you can /in here if you want and I'll sign you up when it's ready.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 19, 2019, 08:23:08 am »

Watcher is better than Tracker. I don't know what scum's Watcher is there for except to confuse town Trackers. A Roleblocker there would be more useful.

I'm generally not in love with 1-shot investigations; there is no reason to hold back your results and it doesn't make for very interesting gameplay.

Scum Vigilante is much too strong compared to the other roles they can have upon failure. It should need at least 2 6s or something.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 19, 2019, 10:02:15 am »

Watcher is better than Tracker. I don't know what scum's Watcher is there for except to confuse town Trackers. A Roleblocker there would be more useful.

Watcher is better because you're more likely to get multiple results, or because it's easier (and/or a more useful mindgame) to predict who'll be killed than who will do the killing?
The point of the scum Watcher is to prevent Town players from using their Tracking/Watching to become ICs.

I'm generally not in love with 1-shot investigations; there is no reason to hold back your results and it doesn't make for very interesting gameplay.

The interesting gameplay is supposed to come from the rolling and playing dice during the Day - I think that's what people enjoyed most about the previous setup. The Night Actions are one of the simpler ways I came up with to make the Day's result matter; I'm more than happy for suggestions on other ways to reward or penalise each team.

Scum Vigilante is much too strong compared to the other roles they can have upon failure. It should need at least 2 6s or something.

Aside from denying Town the use of Cops etc, Vigilante is scum's only reward for a failure. The other actions are just ways to try to prevent Town from preventing their kills. In fact it can backfire and result in no kills if scum doesn't have a Strongman action. I wondered whether this possibility meant scum wasn't rewarded enough, but maybe the lack of investigations is strong enough in itself.

Anyway, there's no hurry. This is what I've come up with at the moment. Feel free to hit me with more ideas etc.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 19, 2019, 05:10:03 pm »

Watcher is better because you're more likely to get multiple results, or because it's easier (and/or a more useful mindgame) to predict who'll be killed than who will do the killing?
Easier/more useful to determine who will be killed.

If you have good enough scumreads to track the mafia, you will often win anyway.
If you have good enough townreads to identify a couple players that are never getting lynched this game, you haven't necessarily won, but if you land a watch, suddenly you have.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 14, 2019, 11:13:54 pm »

I just put through a big and somewhat messy update. There are probably still bugs to be found, so apologies and thank you if you find one.

Events
Dice Mafia is now open for signups. It is slightly modified from the post above. Regardless of whether the game ends up both fun and balanced, its purpose is to demonstrate and test the Event game mode.

The idea behind Events is to allow for games that take a bit more work to set up than your average Custom game. Think of the big involved Role Madness games. I am now fairly well set up to code future Events, so if anyone has a well fleshed-out idea that you think would work, let me know and I can probably make it work as the next Event.

Test Games
You can now run test games of your Custom setups with dummy players in which you can make all the decisions for them, including deciding the lynch with the click of a button. I think this will be a great tool which will help mods get a better feel for the balance of a setup by running through it a few times.

Flex Roles
Flex Roles allow you to have a flexible player count. So you might have a 9-player minimum, and then if there's a 10th player they're a VT, then the 11th is Goon and so on.

Signups
When a signup expires, instead of being deleted it becomes unconfirmed. That means that when trying to get enough people to play a game, there will be a list of unconfirmed signups - players who have signed up and not actively dropped out - that we can pursue to help fill the game.

Also, when you are starting a Custom game you now have the choice of which signed up players to involve in the game.

I would really appreciate if we could get enough players to play Dice Mafia, or really any game. Feel free to invite more people to play; just ask me for keys. (Also, thanks to shraeye and Eddie who have still been signing up to play occasionally for the last couple of months - don't think I haven't noticed.)

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 15, 2019, 12:13:08 am »

I'm signing up now!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 15, 2019, 12:40:16 am »

Oh I should mention prods as well. They are now issued automatically. For Blitz games, the timer is 24 hours and for Normal 36. (24 seems a little strict for automatically issued prods. Depending what people think, it's plausible it will be reduced to 30 or even 24.) When you are prodded, you have 12 hours to respond or you will be prodded again. Responding resets the timer back to 24/36 hours. If you receive a second prod in a single game (either due to failing to respond within 12 hours or by not posting for 24/36 hours twice), the moderator has the ability to replace you with someone who has signed up as a sub.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 19, 2019, 12:19:11 am »

Any more takers for Dice Mafia, or other Mafia?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 22, 2019, 06:24:34 am »

shraerae... I recall you had a bunch of Drunk Mafia setups somewhere but I can't seem to find the link to them. Could you remind me how to access them please?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.