Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: The Dominion Cards Lists 2018 Edition: List Orders list  (Read 4440 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
The Dominion Cards Lists 2018 Edition: List Orders list
« on: February 21, 2019, 03:43:42 pm »
+12

#8 Editing an already-posted list because you didn't read through your mod reports closely.

Self-explanatory really. Not recommended.

#7 Reposting an already-posted list to put it into a different order that you prefer.

Clearly the worst way to do a best cards list.  No one should ever do this.

#6 Listing all cards in a completely random order, all within one post.

Although it has the advantage of not (usually) immediately spoiling either the best or the worst card for people reading the list, it makes it really difficult to compare cards for the purposes of discussion.

#5 Posting the cards all within one thread, but broken into several posts, with the best card first.

Having all cards in the same thread make it harder to load that thread; especially from a mobile device. It also makes it harder to follow discussions about a specific card. On the other hand, it makes it so that you can see all the discussion at once without opening multiple threads.

#4 Posting the cards all within one thread, but broken into several posts, with the worst card first.

Has all the same advantages and disadvantages of the all-one-thread system of #4, but has the advantage of being a "countdown" style, building up to the best card.

#3 A separate thread for each partial list (limited to 50 cards or so), ordered from worst card to best card, posted so that the best cards list comes out first.

Once the entire list is out, this is indistinguishable from the #1 way. But it's not a good user experience in the meantime; the order of the lists themselves is inconsistent with the order of the cards in the list.

#2 A separate thread for each partial list (limited to 50 cards or so), ordered from best card to worst card, posted so that the best cards list comes out first.

Similar to the #3 way, but has the advantage of being consistent with itself.

#1 A separate thread for each partial list (limited to 50 cards or so), ordered from worst card to best card, posted so that the best cards list comes out last.

This is the way the majority of The Dominion Cards Lists have worked. Some people voted it last, but many people voted it first.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 12:21:55 am by theory »
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
Re: The Dominion Cards Lists 2018 Edition: List Orders list
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 03:45:18 pm »
+6

I would have liked more talk about statistics. How many votes were there on this list?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 03:48:13 pm »
+1

This list is so wrong.  Two #3s, and those lines between numbers ruins everything.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 03:49:36 pm »

This list is so wrong.  Two #3s, and those lines between numbers ruins everything.

I have no idea how I did that lol. I thought I only had 6 things in the list. Fixed.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 03:51:11 pm »

I have no idea how I did that lol. I thought I only had 6 things in the list. Fixed.

Perfect.  You have pleased the masses.   Carry on.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 04:15:20 pm »
+2

#8 should be doing a list order list, with the arguments being there were 2 #3s and that needed to be editted, #4 references itself in its description, no one voted for it (or voting was private), and it's missing list #8. I expect it to rise to #7, however, when people realize that reposting lists is worse than this, which should be soon-ish.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 04:18:11 pm »
+3

Reposting an already-posted list to put it into a different order that you prefer. was one of the strongest list orders in the new expansion, it will probably gain ranks when people have had more chances to get accustomed to it.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1971
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2019, 06:11:34 pm »

I don't know why posting them in a random order wasn't at the very bottom. It's too luck-dependent to be useful for anything.

traces Around

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: tracer
  • Respect: +437
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 06:27:44 pm »
+2

Well based on the astounding quality of this list I would suggest that GendoIkari should write half the  card lists for next year.

werothegreat's and faust's enthusiasm about what lists should look like indicates to me that they would be excellent candidates for splitting the other half.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2019, 06:38:34 pm »
+1

#1 is wrong; they were always the same thread until Qvist stopped doing the write ups.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2019, 11:38:54 pm »

Actually, in terms of too many images, I feel like it would probably be best to put the actual cards in separate, locked, threads, and then have one single thread for discussion (for each cost).
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6121
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2019, 12:08:32 am »
+10

Fixed.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25672
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2019, 12:42:04 pm »
+4

The ideal order is the order you rated the cards yourself. Then you don't need to say "this card should go up" or whatever; it's right there in the order.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.