Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: The Dominion Cards Lists 2018 Edition: $5 Cards (Middle third) (Countdown order)  (Read 3199 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
+3

#70 ▼20 Soothsayer (Guilds) Weighted Average: 47.7% ▼12.3pp / Unweighted Average: 51.5% (60) / Median: 51.6% ▼6.4pp / Standard Deviation: 21.1%

xyrix: Soothsayer gives you a Gold and your opponent a Curse. Sometimes there is a huge difference in utility between Gold and Curse and sometimes there isn’t.

tracer: Seeing Soothsayer fall so far is satisfying - maybe the unweighted ranking will catch up next year. The card it draws your opponent means that it pretty commonly gives them more pace than it gives you.
#69 Scepter (Renaissance) Weighted Average: 47.9% / Unweighted Average: 50.3% (64) / Median: 48.8% / Standard Deviation: 20.1%

xyrix: Scepter is some sort of unholy union of Royal Carriage and Crown which combines the drawbacks of each. There are occasionally more creative ways to use it but mostly it’s an expensive Throne Room which you can only use on payload. Sometimes you get it anyways though because Throne Room is a really good card.

Chris is me: I think the potential of Scepter isn’t fully realized yet. That doesn’t mean it’s actually an amazing card, but there’s some situations where a board might otherwise be uninspired but for Scepter letting you get a bunch more payload plays in without consuming Actions.

tracer: Scepter really is terrible and super limited in use. It should and will see a pretty big drop next year.
#68 ▲3 Bustling Village (Empires) Weighted Average: 48.0% ▲2.0pp / Unweighted Average: 44.6% (74) / Median: 47.2% ▲6.2pp / Standard Deviation: 21.2%

tracer: Bustling Village has a great effect on play and despite being the bottom card of a split pile is seen fairly often due to the non-offensiveness of Settlers. If anything is holding its ranking down, it should be that for consistency purposes +3 actions is often in excess: for the number of villages needed to have one at the start of a turn, +2 actions would be sufficient.
#67 ▼3 Legionary (Empires) Weighted Average: 48.7% ▼2.3pp / Unweighted Average: 50.9% (62) / Median: 46.8% ▼7.2pp / Standard Deviation: 21.2%

Chris is me: Legionary’s discard attack is downright vicious, but it’s held back from being a top tier attack by how damn long it takes to get set up. Consistently lining it up with Gold is not easy, and by the time you pull that off, you’ve both probably reached a point where a 2 card hand is at least not an automatic dud. If you get an early lead Legionary can downright bury an opponent, kinda like Ghost Ship does, but less so.
#66 ▲2 Bandit Camp (Dark Ages) Weighted Average: 48.9% ▲0.9pp / Unweighted Average: 52.6% (57) / Median: 50.8% ▲4.9pp / Standard Deviation: 16.3%

Chris is me: Bandit Camp offers strong economy… sorta, at the cost of cycling later. It cancels out to a card that’s a little better than Festival, really. Those Spoils can really get in the way if you have to stack a lot of these, but they can also let you avoid investing in other economy if you have a consistent enough deck. Definitely a middle of the pack card.
#65 ▼2 Relic (Adventures) Weighted Average: 49.3% ▼2.7pp / Unweighted Average: 50.1% (65) / Median: 50.8% ▲1.8pp / Standard Deviation: 15.0%

tracer: Relic is a fairly strong attack against any deck which is easy to play and should probably be higher than this. A consistent -card token against a money strategy is brutal while against engines it has the potential to force unfortunate duds.
#64 Sculptor (Renaissance) Weighted Average: 50.2% / Unweighted Average: 48.8% (68) / Median: 54.8% / Standard Deviation: 23.5%

xyrix: In my opinion the best Workshop variant, Sculptor is a valuable addition to any deck. The ability to gain the needed card to hand is strong on its own; the additional facilitation of this ability from a stored Villager really puts Sculptor over the top as an excellent card. Even on boards where the options at $4 or less are limited, Sculptor’s Silver gain helps ensure that the $5+ price point continues to be hit. Severely underrated.
#63 ▼16 Tactician (Seaside) Weighted Average: 50.3% ▼10.7pp / Unweighted Average: 54.5% (54) / Median: 58.7% ▼6.3pp / Standard Deviation: 23.5%

xyrix: Tactician is good at two things: spiking big price points (which usually isn’t important) and playing Double-Tac. Double-Tac is a lot of fun but it is often a struggle to get to double-Province turns just from non-Treasure payload. Innovation-Tactician is a new combo which is worth being aware of.

tracer: Tactician deserves this drop. It turns out that 2 good turns are usually better than one mediocre one and one great one with what a good turn means now.
#62 ▲2 Artificer (Adventures) Weighted Average: 50.4% ▲0.4pp / Unweighted Average: 47.6% (71) / Median: 50.0% ▲4.0pp / Standard Deviation: 16.2%

tracer: Artificer is another card much lower in the unweighted rankings than the weighted ones. This is probably a result of Artificer being more able to be taken advantage of in better decks with massive amounts of draw, where it can be an effective gainer. Topdecking even allows saving turns with whatever component is needed.
#61 ▲26 Tragic Hero (Nocturne) Weighted Average: 50.7% ▲15.5pp / Unweighted Average: 50.6% (63) / Median: 48.4% ▲19.7pp / Standard Deviation: 18.4%

Chris is me: Another awkward card that rewards you if you can handle its quirkiness, Tragic Hero is somewhere between a draw-to-x card and a weird way to cycle and pop some payload into your deck at once. When you can’t have good control over its effect, it can be very tricky to work with, but 3 cards and 1 buy is too strong to pass up most of the time.

xyrix: Tragic Hero is amazing (especially if there’s a Treasure better than Gold on the board) and I’m very happy it took a huge jump this year.
#60 ▲1 Archive (Empires) Weighted Average: 51.1% ▼1.9pp / Unweighted Average: 51.2% (61) / Median: 53.4% ▲3.4pp / Standard Deviation: 18.5%

Chris is me: Archive is a really flexible way to deal with any imperfect Dominion board - shrinking your deck without trashing, increasing handsize without really drawing, etc. It will always have that ceiling of just not being very good on those really thin boards, but those are far less common than people think.

xyrix: I’m surprised to find Archive this low; I think it’s stronger than the non-attacking Smithy variants. Unless there is very strong trashing, it’s usually the first draw card I’ll buy.
#59 ▼3 Forum (Empires) Weighted Average: 52.3% ▼4.7pp / Unweighted Average: 48.8% (67) / Median: 51.1% ▼3.9pp / Standard Deviation: 19.2%

tracer: Eight spots lower in the unweighted ranking, Forum should be higher than its weighted ranking puts it. Forum is easy to gain and since it filters without decreasing handsize is good at enabling engines without draw while still being a great consistency measure when draw is present.

xyrix: +3 Cards +1 Action something something +1 Buy. Forum is a good card.
#58 ▼7 Werewolf (Nocturne) Weighted Average: 52.3% ▼6.7pp / Unweighted Average: 54.5% (55) / Median: 57.1% ▼2.9pp / Standard Deviation: 18.2%

xyrix: Gaining more Smithies that you need so that you can dole out a weakish attack is not usually a great move, so Werewolf is arguably the most vanilla of the Smithy variants. I think it’s significantly overrated.

Chris is me: The one thing worth noting about Werewolf is that if the opportunity cost to gain them isn’t too high, playing multiple nonterminal Hexes a turn can actually start to hurt a little. It’s also nice to be rewarded for being responsible and not triggering a bad shuffle. But it really doesn’t do a whole lot more than Smithy most of the time.
#57 ▼5 Journeyman (Guilds) Weighted Average: 53.4% ▼5.6pp / Unweighted Average: 52.1% (59) / Median: 47.6% ▼10.4pp / Standard Deviation: 17.7%

xyrix: Journeyman shines on boards where you have Estate trashing but not Copper trashing or vice-versa. Its ability to skip payload cards can also be important. However, its sifting ability often declines in power significantly upon greening, so I think it is somewhat overrated still.
#56 ▲3 Patrol (Intrigue) Weighted Average: 53.7% ▼2.3pp / Unweighted Average: 49.8% (66) / Median: 52.0% ▼4.0pp / Standard Deviation: 16.5%

tracer: Patrol seems to go less appreciated by weaker players with an unweighted ranking 10 spots below the weighted one. Of the non-attacking terminal draw cards at $5, I think Patrol is a clear third behind Wharf and Wild Hunt due to the reordering ability and so should be relatively higher on this list.

Chris is me: What people don’t really internalize about the reordering ability is that, assuming a drawing Village is used, you get seven cards to find your next Patrol (by reordering it onto the top). This is huge for reliability, and way better than like, getting a Coffer when you draw after having whiffed the previous turn.

xyrix: It’s important to remember that the reordering only really benefits you if you started your turn with a village and a Patrol in hand already. It’s a little bit of added reliability but it isn’t nearly as good as duration draw at ensuring you can kick off every turn.
#55 Swashbuckler (Renaissance) Weighted Average: 54.3%  / Unweighted Average: 52.6% (58) / Median: 50.8% / Standard Deviation: 16.4%

Chris is me: +3 Cards and also another thing is cool, but it’s actually reasonably hard to activate Swashbuckler. The Gold thing is really a gimmick, and the Coffers are just some nice candy on top of what is otherwise a perfectly normal draw card. I’m very surprised it got the nod over Patrol and Journeyman.

xyrix: I like Swashbuckler a lot, I think it’s usually worth building your deck a little bit differently (adding an extra Cellar or Workshop, say) so that you can activate it. The Treasure Chest is better than it looks since you always have the possibility to get Swashbucklers to draw that Gold.
#54 Capitalism (Renaissance) Weighted Average: 54.9%  / Unweighted Average: 57.6% (48) / Median: 53.2% / Standard Deviation: 18.8%

Chris is me: There is an odd degree of consensus on the ranking of this very strange card, but I think it is slightly underrated. Sometimes it just makes your payload nonterminal, but other times it enables all sorts of craziness that just wouldn’t be possible without something that so fundamentally bends all the rules. It can really be a $5 Champion sometimes, or it can breathe life into interesting-but-weaker cards like Navigator.

tracer: How exotic this project is probably has it placed higher than it deserves. There are some instances where it is obvious to use, but it rarely helps decks work that otherwise wouldn’t.
#53 ▲10 Plunder (Empires) Weighted Average: 56.4% ▲7.4pp / Unweighted Average: 59.0% (44) / Median: 52.7% ▲5.7pp / Standard Deviation: 17.8%

tracer: Plunder’s most important use is probably keeping Encampments at a price less than that of Gold, although in similar strength decks the additional points from having extra Plunders can be important. I would consider this rise unwarranted, though you don’t want to be losing the split by more than one.

Chris is me: This probably speaks to my scrub-like playing tendencies more than anything but I really value those extra points from the Plunder split. In drawn-out games it can absolutely decide the match.
#52 Fleet (Renaissance) Weighted Average: 56.5% / Unweighted Average: 53.3% (56) / Median: 58.7% / Standard Deviation: 24.8%

xyrix: Fleet is a tricky card to rank. It functions effectively as alt-VP, but unlike other alt-VP sources it can’t be used to claw back from a serious deficit (unless perhaps your opponent blunders and skips Fleet). It’s a must-buy in a close game, but overall I haven’t found it to change the outcome of the game all that often.

Chris is me: Much like City above, the main thing Fleet actually does is make your head hurt, as all your pileout math goes out the window. You basically buy it around when you would get your first Duchy, as it is really rare that you will score less than 3 points on that last turn. More than anything its insurance against your opponent pulling a fast one on you and executing some elaborate pileout where they win with their one Estate or something.
#51 ▲5 Catacombs (Dark Ages) Weighted Average: 57.3% ▲2.3pp / Unweighted Average: 55.4% (53) / Median: 59.2% ▲6.2pp / Standard Deviation: 15.2%

xyrix: Catacombs is ranked as the best “Smithy + reliability.” In comparison with Patrol, it offers additional sifting vs. Patrol’s additional draw and topdeck ordering. The on-trash benefit is easy to ignore but has some combos (Procession, Lurker).

tracer: Catacombs being ranked so differently from the similar cards (Journeyman, Patrol) is bizarre.
#50 =0 Swamp Hag (Adventures) Weighted Average: 57.3% ▼1.7pp / Unweighted Average: 59.0% (45) / Median: 60.3% ▼3.7pp / Standard Deviation: 20.5%

tracer: Swamp Hag feels low, but it is difficult to see it much higher, which speaks to the strength of the upper tier of 5 cost cards. Being able to play Swamp Hags consistently can make using multiple or even any buys awkward, which can lead to drawn out games as players try to avoid taking curses.
#49 ▼3 City (Prosperity) Weighted Average: 57.5% ▼2.5pp / Unweighted Average: 56.7% (50) / Median: 57.6% ▼0.4pp / Standard Deviation: 18.5%

Chris is me: There are more boards than ever with quick pile runs, so you would think City has more merit than it does, but it still suffers from the fundamental problem of delayed payoff combined with the first-mover disadvantage caused by being the player to empty a pile at the end of a turn. It definitely warps the game a lot more than other cards on this list just on how it changes behavior on that second pile draining.
#48 ▲3 Rabble (Prosperity) Weighted Average: 58.9% ▲0.9pp / Unweighted Average: 55.5% (52) / Median: 57.1% ▼1.9pp / Standard Deviation: 17.8%

Chris is me: Rabble’s attack can occasionally really, but more than anything its place here on the list is because it draws three cards for you. That’s always nice. I really don’t think it’s better than Patrol, which has essentially double the search space for added reliability, but whatever.
#47 ▼4 Bazaar (Seaside) Weighted Average: 59.0% ▼2.5pp / Unweighted Average: 56.6% (51) / Median: 56.4% ▲1.8pp / Standard Deviation: 11.4%

tracer: Bazaar is a village and villages always have a place towards the high end of these rankings. In particular, Bazaar is valuable for providing coin that doesn’t require additional draw, which means higher than usual consistency for the large amount of buying power decks with Bazaar typically have.
#46 Spices (Renaissance) Weighted Average: 60.4% / Unweighted Average: 60.5% (43) / Median: 57.9% / Standard Deviation: 18.2%

xyrix: The strength of Spices was one of the biggest surprises for many people as they began to figure out the Renaissance cards. It has a lot going for it, but to me one of its best attributes is its elegant solution to the “$11 Herbalist problem:” it lets you add a non-terminal +Buy to your deck while saving some of the excess money you might have had that prompted the addition of a +Buy to your deck. It’s hard for me to say that it should continue to rise further, but it’s earned this relatively lofty position among non-attack payload cards.

tracer: Spices has started way overrated. It performs well in money and at the ends of games but other +buy is still most often preferable.
#45 ▼24 Rebuild (Dark Ages) Weighted Average: 61.6% ▼16.4pp / Unweighted Average: 69.0% (28) / Median: 72.0% ▼8.9pp / Standard Deviation: 26.3%

xyrix: lol Rebuild. It’s managed a precipitous drop in the rankings as people realize that good money decks can beat Rebuild almost as well as engines. It could still stand to fall another 50 or so slots.

Chris is me: Rebuild is a relic of the past. There’s almost always either something faster possible or other ways to score points that make its ability to melt Duchy less scary.

tracer: lol Rebuild
#44 ▼3 Replace (Intrigue) Weighted Average: 62.3% ▲0.4pp / Unweighted Average: 57.8% (47) / Median: 61.1% ▲1.1pp / Standard Deviation: 20.8%

tracer: Replace mysteriously drops from an already too low position. It is the second strongest card of the Remodel family behind Butcher and almost always features prominently in games where it is present, both for the cursing attack and the ability of topdecking to continue the current turn or better future ones.

Chris is me: Topdecking remains the most undervalued ability in Dominion, and Replace’s ability really improves early game deck tempo by a lot. Those Curses can be essential in pileout victories as well.
#43 Treasurer (Renaissance) Weighted Average: 63.2% / Unweighted Average: 63.9% (41) / Median: 65.9% / Standard Deviation: 21.1%

Chris is me: Treasurer has a lot of tricks for what might look like a $5 Moneylender at first glance. It offers strong economy throughout the whole game, with neat Treasure-recycling properties useful with trash-for-benefit, and I guess sometimes the Key matters a little bit. You can confidently grab it with your first $5 knowing that you’ll definitely hit $5 again soon.

tracer: Treasurer deserves at least this ranking just because of how good Moneylender is. Key might be a bit overhyped.
#42 ▲8 Triumph (Empires) Weighted Average: 63.2% ▲5.2pp / Unweighted Average: 57.5% (49) / Median: 59.2% ▼1.8pp / Standard Deviation: 26.9%

Chris is me: Triumph is surging in rank for good reason; on any strong engine board it basically just gives the win to whomever ends the game. Tying points to card gains is a terrific way to score while building or to set up large scoring turns fully separate from the Province pile. Combine that with Triumph’s utility in slogs or combos with things like Beggar, and you have a very useful scoring method on your hands. Weaker players continue to heavily undervalue Triumph, leading to a much lower weighted rank and standard deviation, and a lot of easy wins for top players.

tracer: Triumph is often bonkers but the number of boards where it is unimpressive is a bit too high for me to see it rising much further.
#41 ▲14 Storyteller (Adventures) Weighted Average: 63.9% ▲9.9pp / Unweighted Average: 60.6% (42) / Median: 61.1% ▲4.1pp / Standard Deviation: 17.3%

tracer: This is one of the larger jumps on this list and deservedly so. Storyteller is one of the strongest draw cards available, with decks able to be drawn with only a few plays. The only thing keeping it from being higher is a consistency issue, where the treasures which fuel its draw making it difficult to see Storytellers at the start of turn when they are needed.
#40 ▲5 Summon (Promo) Weighted Average: 64.7% ▲4.7pp / Unweighted Average: 57.8% (46) / Median: 56.4% ▼2.6pp / Standard Deviation: 25.8%

xyrix: Summon is $5 for a one-shot Lost City effect and a card costing $4 or less. Sometimes that’s really good if you wanted the card anyways, other times Summoning as much as you can is a trap by comparison to buying some of the other wonderful $5 cost things on this list.

tracer:More often buying things for $5 rather than Summoning is the trap.
#39 Academy (Renaissance) Weighted Average: 66.9% / Unweighted Average: 64.3% (40) / Median: 74.2% / Standard Deviation: 27.5%

xyrix: Academy is basically $5 Champion. If you disagree with that statement, you should buy Academy earlier and/or more often. Easily a top 10 $5 cost.

tracer: It’s not quite Champion and considering the top of the list maybe not quite top 10, but should do better than halve its ranking next year.
#38 ▼6 Haggler (Hinterlands) Weighted Average: 68.3% ▼1.0pp / Unweighted Average: 65.1% (39) / Median: 74.2% ▲6.9pp / Standard Deviation: 21.1%

tracer: Haggler’s drop is curious to me as it is very strong. The ability to gain multiple engine components with one buy as well as continue to build through greening should put Haggler higher than this. Additionally, playing multiple Hagglers offers very strong pile control to give an edge in ability to end the game.
#37 ▼1 Haunted Woods (Adventures) Weighted Average: 68.3% ▲1.8pp / Unweighted Average: 66.5% (35) / Median: 68.3% ▲1.9pp / Standard Deviation: 17.7%

Chris is me: Haunted Woods, much like Enchantress, is a set-up-next-turn card with an attack that is only occasionally relevant. But that’s fine since setting up your next turn is great, and you really don’t even need that many Haunted Woods plays to draw a substantial amount of your deck. Two pairs of HW is almost like double Tactician without all the hassle of not using any Treasures. Taking up terminal space while not immediately doing anything is really the main drawback of this card, and probably why it isn’t rated much higher.
#36 ▲2 Laboratory (Base) Weighted Average: 68.8% ▲5.4pp / Unweighted Average: 68.5% (30) / Median: 73.8% ▲4.7pp / Standard Deviation: 17.9%

Chris is me: Lab is a card new players get very excited about before realizing using $5 gains on a handsize increase of 1 isn’t always the best you can do, but it’s still a dependable, reliable card, sort of the quintessential $5 cost card. With more ways to gain $5 cost cards in the past couple of expansions the opportunity cost for spamming Lab is getting lower, so it makes sense that it’s being held in higher regard.
#35 ▼6 Count (Dark Ages) Weighted Average: 69.6% ▼1.1pp / Unweighted Average: 67.7% (32) / Median: 73.0% ▼0.2pp / Standard Deviation: 18.8%

tracer: Like last year dropping in rank after large gains the years before, Count’s main claim is as a trasher that can do something somewhat useful afterwards. However, it is often outclassed by more selective trashers that allow turns to be more productive afterwards, and the non-trashing benefits are often too weak to bother gaining Count if not for the trashing.

Chris is me: “Trasher that isn’t useless afterwards” is a niche that Count is quickly losing, but it’s still a neat little utility card. There’s a bunch of tricks it can do that are useful when you need them, but ultimately I think it’s falling due to its clunkiness.
#34 ▲1 Stables (Hinterlands) Weighted Average: 69.8% ▲2.4pp / Unweighted Average: 66.0% (36) / Median: 70.6% ▲0.6pp / Standard Deviation: 17.6%

xyrix: Stables is perennially underrated because people trash too many treasures and then are sad that they dud. It’s +3 Cards +1 Action, having to discard a Copper is a small price to pay to see your good cards! The combination of sifting and draw makes Stables very strong, and I think close to Hunting Party in power.

Chris is me: I mean it’s clearly worse than Hunting Party, and I’m a little shocked it ended up above Lab, but the extra cycling in the early to mid game is really nice. Keeping Treasures around when you didn’t otherwise want or need to can be really frustrating, but as long as you’re honest about the needs of a Stables deck it won’t let you down.
#33 ▲1 Den of Sin (Nocturne) Weighted Average: 70.1% ▲2.7pp / Unweighted Average: 65.9% (38) / Median: 69.6% ▲3.5pp / Standard Deviation: 17.0%

xyrix: I was one of the people who was initially underwhelmed by Den of Sin, but duration draw and gaining to hand are just so, so nice. It’s a pretty uncommon board where you don’t want any.

Chris is me: Den of Sin is seriously underrated on this list. I think a lot of newer players think of it as like a weird Lab variant or something, but the important thing is start of turn draw is so much better than conventional draw! The gain to hand thing is just a bonus; the consistency it offers without even using terminal space is basically unmatched. It’s more comparable to Wharf than people want to admit.

xyrix: I don’t think the gain to hand thing is “just a bonus:” without it Den would be worse than Caravan, and a $5 Caravan isn’t sniffing the top half of this list.
#32 ▼8 Crown (Empires) Weighted Average: 70.3% ▼4.5pp / Unweighted Average: 70.6% (24) / Median: 72.2% ▼2.0pp / Standard Deviation: 14.0%

tracer: Crown drops a number of spots and while the reason for this drop is unclear, I agree with it (although Royal Carriage should have dropped too). While powerful, Throne-variants suffer in decks where their village effect is unnecessary as a second copy of an engine component offers more consistency than attempting to double it.

xyrix: I have to disagree with tracer on this one; decks where the village effect is unnecessary are pretty rare. Usually I’m happy to buy as many Crowns as my deck can handle instead of villages and you’re happy to have that extra efficiency.
#31 =0 Cursed Village (Nocturne) Weighted Average: 70.5% ▲0.4pp / Unweighted Average: 67.2% (34) / Median: 69.1% ▲0.9pp / Standard Deviation: 18.6%

Chris is me: Probably my favorite card on this list, Cursed Village is probably the best Draw-To-X variant in the game. The fundamental issue with a lot of terminal draw-to-x is that you need to either have nonterminal payload or multiple Villages per draw so you can dump some of that terminal payload between draws. Cursed Village sidesteps all of that, all with only the small cost of an on-gain Hex that is usually a non-issue. On many boards, it’s really just Lost City with a higher ceiling, though less flexible on boards with limited trashing or better draw.
#30 Seer (Renaissance) Weighted Average: 71.6% / Unweighted Average: 65.9% (37) / Median: 76.2% / Standard Deviation: 25.4%

Chris is me: Seer is a very interesting card, that is quite high variance - both in performance and in players’ opinions of it. Seer’s unique ability to draw cards in that $2-$4 category of weaker engine components makes a lot of cards more viable than they otherwise would be. Seer usually requires the board to cater to it a little bit, but if conditions are right it is a fierce drawing card. Plus it makes Silver gainers really good.
#29 ▼3 Apprentice (Alchemy) Weighted Average: 71.9% ▼0.6pp / Unweighted Average: 67.3% (33) / Median: 70.4% ▼1.4pp / Standard Deviation: 19.9%

tracer: Apprentice slides down a few slots and could probably stand to slide down a few more. As an early game trasher it is fairly slow and expensive with a weak benefit so compares unfavorably to other trashers. Apprentice is also difficult to use as draw later in the game as more expensive cards are often good enough that you don’t want to trash them and they are hard to gain back.
#28 ▲1 Royal Carriage (Adventures) Weighted Average: 72.1% ▲2.0pp / Unweighted Average: 68.5% (29) / Median: 70.6% ▼3.0pp / Standard Deviation: 19.5%

xyrix: I’m really not sure what this is doing here above Crown; usually I’d rather have a plain $5 Throne Room than a Royal Carriage. Not being able to play RC on RC is a crushing drawback, rendering all your RC-RC-Margrave hands sadly dead. OK you can save them between turns, which is occasionally useful, but then you’ve bought a card that does nothing on half your turns.

tracer: I agree with having Royal Carriage above Crown. One of the major advantages of Royal Carriage is the ability to triple or quadruple actions given enough of them, which in decks that otherwise function is often better for both power and consistency.
#27 ▼7 Minion (Intrigue) Weighted Average: 72.4% ▼3.8pp / Unweighted Average: 74.0% (20) / Median: 78.6% ▼3.2pp / Standard Deviation: 22.1%

xyrix: Minion plays badly with conventional draw cards and doesn’t handle green very well, but at the end of the day it says +1 Action something something +4 Cards on it. That’s pretty good. Also the attack is decently strong and can offer a potent psychological edge.

Chris is me: In general, Minion has been getting weaker and more awkward with time, but in the advent of Villagers things might start to turn around a little for this card, as it’s that much easier to sneak in some other Action plays.
#26 ▼1 Wild Hunt (Empires) Weighted Average: 72.9% ▼1.5pp / Unweighted Average: 70.4% (26) / Median: 72.2% ▼6.0pp / Standard Deviation: 15.9%

tracer: Wild Hunt remains one of the higher terminal draw cards on this list. Playing like a beneficial version of Torturer, stringing Wild Hunts together allows you to get points from the normal run of an engine, but when played in singles is fairly unimpressive.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

tailred

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: ceviri
  • Respect: +368
    • View Profile
+2

lol Rebuild

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
+4

the display order bothers you this much?
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

markus

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: markus
  • Respect: +434
    • View Profile
+2

I also thought that posting it in the wrong order and not starting with #1 is bad.
But having two threads is even worse.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25672
    • View Profile
+2

I also thought that posting it in the wrong order and not starting with #1 is bad.
Two threads is nothing; to see all the comments on the rankings you have to go to another site.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
+1

Two threads is nothing; to see all the comments on the rankings you have to go to another site.

Two sites is nothing; to see ALL the comments on the rankings, you have to spy on every household, in case there are some people talking about it in-person.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
+2

Well, two threads for the Qvist rankings is better than three threads for the same expansion recommendation question.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25672
    • View Profile
+1

Well, two threads for the Qvist rankings is better than three threads for the same expansion recommendation question.
But how should I store the cards? That's what I want to know.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile

Another site?
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 20 queries.