Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Capitalism + Death Cart  (Read 921 times)

dslunghofer

• Pawn
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
Capitalism + Death Cart
« on: February 13, 2019, 11:41:37 pm »
+1

MY wife and I encountered this combo tonight. It was our first time with Capitalism in play. We ran into a situation. Death Cart is +5 coins, but you have to trash a card. Capitalism turns +$ cards into Treasures.

To get the +$ from the now-Treasure, do you have to meet the rest of the requirements on the card? That is, to use Death Cart as a Treasure, do you have to trash an Action or it? We played without requiring the trashing - made for a quick game! Every time the Death Cart came up you had 5 coins.

Just curious.

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25672
    • View Profile
Re: Capitalism + Death Cart
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 12:08:15 am »
+1

MY wife and I encountered this combo tonight. It was our first time with Capitalism in play. We ran into a situation. Death Cart is +5 coins, but you have to trash a card. Capitalism turns +$ cards into Treasures.

To get the +$ from the now-Treasure, do you have to meet the rest of the requirements on the card? That is, to use Death Cart as a Treasure, do you have to trash an Action or it? We played without requiring the trashing - made for a quick game! Every time the Death Cart came up you had 5 coins.
Being a Treasure doesn't change anything about Death Cart, except that things that check for treasures see it, and you can play it when you can play Treasures e.g. in your Buy phase. When you play Death Cart in your Buy phase, you still follow all of the instructions on it, and either trash it or an Action card from your hand.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 20 queries.