Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: The Dominion Cards Lists 2018 Edition: $3 Cards (Bottom Half)  (Read 16714 times)

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1976
    • View Profile
Re: The Dominion Cards Lists 2018 Edition: $3 Cards (Bottom Half)
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2019, 06:08:25 pm »

Even when Fortune Teller hits something, it is weaker than the -Card token, because you would draw into this junk anyways at some point. So the attack of FT is not really topdecking the junk but removing the non-junk cards before it.

Not if it causes a shuffle first.

markus

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: markus
  • Respect: +434
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2019, 02:12:26 am »
+1

Even when Fortune Teller hits something, it is weaker than the -Card token, because you would draw into this junk anyways at some point. So the attack of FT is not really topdecking the junk but removing the non-junk cards before it.

Shuffling doesn't really matter for that purpose. It means that also your cards in hand miss the shuffle - maybe you would have even triggered that shuffle on your turn anyways.

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2019, 06:26:02 pm »

Shuffling doesn't really matter for that purpose. It means that also your cards in hand miss the shuffle - maybe you would have even triggered that shuffle on your turn anyways.

Maybe you would have triggered the shuffle, or maybe you wouldn't. The point is that saying that it's just making you draw junk sooner than you would have isn't entirely correct - sometimes it also makes you see junk more frequently than you would have otherwise.

markus

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: markus
  • Respect: +434
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2019, 06:32:14 pm »

Maybe you would have triggered the shuffle, or maybe you wouldn't. The point is that saying that it's just making you draw junk sooner than you would have isn't entirely correct - sometimes it also makes you see junk more frequently than you would have otherwise.
That's also true in the "sooner" argument. You shuffle earlie, when you discard non-junkl. So yes, you do draw junk more frequently. My point was not that the attack doesn't do anything, but that it's significantly weaker than the -Card token.

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2019, 10:02:00 pm »

That's also true in the "sooner" argument. You shuffle earlie, when you discard non-junkl. So yes, you do draw junk more frequently. My point was not that the attack doesn't do anything, but that it's significantly weaker than the -Card token.

Okay, so we're talking about the same thing. In my opinion you worded it poorly in the OP, implying something a bit weaker than what is actually happening.

msw188

• Swindler
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2019, 01:10:31 pm »
+1

I know this is super-rare, but I had a neck-and-neck game a bit ago where I bought Inn just to stack my deck to allow my next turn to be the final turn, and then my opponent played Fortune Teller and they all went away and it was back down to luck of the draw.  I still won (it would have had to be a pretty unlucky draw to dud after at least having a "correct" starting hand), but it was still interesting to imagine that FT could have been a difference-maker!

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2126
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2019, 07:00:09 pm »
+4

For next year's lists, I think base cards should be included. I think Silver would have been ranked far higher in earlier years of the game but it would be seen quite badly now.

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2019, 10:28:17 pm »

For next year's lists, I think base cards should be included. I think Silver would have been ranked far higher in earlier years of the game but it would be seen quite badly now.

So would we also rank Province in 6+? How would you even rank something like that? I mean, we rank Dominate, but still...

Oh, and Silver isn't great, but it's not that bad either. Sometimes it's the only way to kickstart your deck.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.