Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Dominion: Roles  (Read 6707 times)

ClouduHieh

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: ClouduHieh
  • Respect: +121
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion: Roles
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2019, 06:32:56 pm »

Who knows I may create my own role for alchemy. That can only be chosen when there’s potion in the supply.

Chappy7

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chappy7
  • Respect: +660
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2019, 07:52:55 pm »

So I realize dominion roles isn’t for most avid dominion players, but like I said roles don’t need to be in every game, it’s just available if someone wants to play with them. Isn’t there a thread that’s all about really bad card ideas, if they are so bad why is it one of the longest threads. Obviously everyone loves replying about bad cards.

So I guess roles can be put into that category.

I don't think anybody was saying these were bad. As far as I could tell, Chappy7 was simply saying that they weren't for him.

For sure.  The fact that things like this exist in countless games must mean that tons of people like this. So it could definitely be a good idea. The reason I play Dominion, however, is not to have variable player powers, but to be on an even playing field.  This even playing field, imo, elevates dominion over other deck builders which have a rotating row of things to buy.  So no, it is not for me.  But yes, I think it could be implemented well in a way that many people enjoy

ClouduHieh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2019, 08:37:50 pm »

Of course nothing wrong with even playing field. But once in a while it’s nice to change things up.

So if you guys want. Post your own role.

I personally was thinking of creating a Star Trek version of dominion. Especially since the dominion tried to take over the alpha quadrant.

With some of the starfleet crew as roles. Oh and quark!

Gold pressed Latium as an additional treasure, moons as a new victory point card. The Vorta, Klingons, the founders, the jemhedar, the different ranks of the federation, the Vulcans, the andorians, the ferengi, the cardasians, the bajorans, ect. As the action cards.

I’m just kidding of course lol. There’s a Star Trek Catan but not a Star Trek dominion. Lol

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2019, 05:22:05 am »

Of course nothing wrong with even playing field. But once in a while it’s nice to change things up.

So if you guys want. Post your own role.

I personally was thinking of creating a Star Trek version of dominion. Especially since the dominion tried to take over the alpha quadrant.

With some of the starfleet crew as roles. Oh and quark!

Gold pressed Latium as an additional treasure, moons as a new victory point card. The Vorta, Klingons, the founders, the jemhedar, the different ranks of the federation, the Vulcans, the andorians, the ferengi, the cardasians, the bajorans, ect. As the action cards.

I’m just kidding of course lol. There’s a Star Trek Catan but not a Star Trek dominion. Lol

You might be interested to hear that the author of Dominion was approached about the idea to make a licensed version of his game, and said no. The license he mentioned was not Star Trek, but Star Wars, but from what I read I assumed it was the general idea of licensed Dominion that didn't convince him.

ClouduHieh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2019, 10:30:53 am »

I did not know that, but I wouldn’t of done it either Star Wars isn’t as cool as Star Trek anyway. Maybe if Star Wars had a tv series with real people in it, then it would be. The Star Trek series has at least 1000 episodes. And there’s more Star Trek movies than Star Wars movies even.

But that figures they want Star Wars in every game franchise. (Probably cause they can’t hope to match Star Trek) the only game I’ve seen with Star Trek is in catan. There seem to be a bunch of marvel games and Star Wars games in table top games.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 21 queries.