Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Inheritance and Capitalism (and Courtier)  (Read 1128 times)

hhelibebcnofnena

• Minion
  • she/her
  • Respect: +409
    • View Profile
Inheritance and Capitalism (and Courtier)
« on: February 12, 2019, 06:37:39 pm »

A few questions surrounding the interaction between these two card shaped things (and Courtier as an afterthought).

1. If you buy capitalism, and then inherit a card which was affected, I assume Estates gain the Treasure type as well. This one is not as much of a question, but I still want to make sure.
2. If you inherit a card which originally does not have the Treasure type, but then buy capitalism so that it gains the Treasure type, do your Estates gain the Treasure type? They don't have a +coin amount in the text, but when Inheritance says that your Estates gain the types of that card, I'm not sure whether that is Inheritance doing that or the token. If it's Inheritance, I think it wouldn't gain the additional Treasure type, but if it's the token, I think it would.
3. If you buy Capitalism, then inherit Caravan Guard, are your Estates now Action-Treasure-Victory-Duration-Reactions? How does this new five-type card interact with Courtier? Do you just get the four bonuses? Basically, which word is more important: "for each type it has" or "the choices must be different"? I think there are a couple other cards which can give Estates five types, but they require cost reduction, so I chose Caravan Guard.
Hydrogen Helium Lithium Beryllium Boron Carbon Nitrogen Oxygen Fluorine Neon Sodium

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
Re: Inheritance and Capitalism (and Courtier)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 07:43:36 pm »
+1

A few questions surrounding the interaction between these two card shaped things (and Courtier as an afterthought).

1. If you buy capitalism, and then inherit a card which was affected, I assume Estates gain the Treasure type as well. This one is not as much of a question, but I still want to make sure.
2. If you inherit a card which originally does not have the Treasure type, but then buy capitalism so that it gains the Treasure type, do your Estates gain the Treasure type? They don't have a +coin amount in the text, but when Inheritance says that your Estates gain the types of that card, I'm not sure whether that is Inheritance doing that or the token. If it's Inheritance, I think it wouldn't gain the additional Treasure type, but if it's the token, I think it would.
3. If you buy Capitalism, then inherit Caravan Guard, are your Estates now Action-Treasure-Victory-Duration-Reactions? How does this new five-type card interact with Courtier? Do you just get the four bonuses? Basically, which word is more important: "for each type it has" or "the choices must be different"? I think there are a couple other cards which can give Estates five types, but they require cost reduction, so I chose Caravan Guard.
If you Inherit Militia and buy Capitalism, in either order, your Estates will be Treasures.

Yes nothing stops your Caravan Guards from having five types. Courtier gives a max of four bonuses.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.