Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Season 32 - Newsletter: Completing a Lap  (Read 1313 times)

samath

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: SamE
  • Respect: +678
    • View Profile
Season 32 - Newsletter: Completing a Lap
« on: February 03, 2019, 05:10:56 pm »
+5

Hello everyone!

Season 32 has just begun! Check your division Discord channel or your private messages for all of the details.

The League takes place on an 8-week cycle (6 weeks of season, 2 weeks of break), and with some extra time off for the big fall tournament each year, this means that we play six seasons a year. The upcoming season, Season 32, is the sixth season at the scale of the "new League" of 40+ divisions. And we're now at a record high in terms of the number of divisions! Here's what that last year has looked like:

Season26272829303132
# Divisions11454244444347

I started writing these season kickoff notes back in Season 27 with that big ~4X expansion of the League. But as that intensity has died down, I'd like to transition it away from a personal reflection into a bit more of a newsletter format. Here's what you need to know about the coming season:

Rules Changes
Based on a couple recent incidents, we've clarified the rules around spectating. In tiers A, B, C, and D, you are now required to allow spectators in your League matches -- people want to see high-quality Dominion! In tiers E and F, you are encouraged to allow spectators, but if someone objects, then you should respect their wishes.

Moderator Churn
All four moderators we brought on last season were great and are sticking around for the next. We've only lost one old moderator, gloures, who needs some time off. We are very thankful for gloures' tireless work with all of the onboarding messaging for seasons 27-30, as well as his being a reliable mod throughout that time. We hope he'll be back soon!

Shoutouts
Taking over the bulk of gloures' work with onboarding for two seasons running now, new mod singletee has been doing an excellent job.

Over on Discord, Cave-o-sapien has built a general purpose Dominion bot which can access various stats about your recently played rated games. Check it out if you forgot what the score of your match was! I know he's also looking to add more League-related features soon, so keep an eye out for those.

All of you League advertisers: Every once in a while, we hear that someone has convinced their best friend / significant other / sibling / gaming buddy to join the League with them. Thanks for getting the word out!

The handful of veteran league players who joined Discord so they could remain in the League last season: You know who you are, and thank you for being flexible! Comments like these on our feedback form made our days:
My first time using Discord and actually it really helps to organize the matches
I was initially a bit sceptical about being forced to use Discord (I just really don't like it that much) but the experience was a lot better than what I remembered it being like, so it's all fine.

Best of luck in the coming season to everyone!

SamE
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 07:29:14 pm by samath »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.