Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 123  All

Author Topic: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (GAME OVER, Maquis win!)  (Read 377494 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (Day 6)
« Reply #2975 on: April 10, 2019, 01:56:53 am »

Except we can’t lynch WCD without SA.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: April 10, 2019, 02:07:00 am »

There's also another plan: What happens when only 1 of each scumteam are alive? If it results in a joint victory then we should do that instead.

That’s true. Then we lynch WCD then each shoot a townie at night?

Correct. I'll kill Space, you kill Didds. Is that alright?

Vote: Didds

vote: mix
MiX, you played very well in my eyes, with just some issues in your style and your thinking. Once QTs are released, you can see my thoughts on the matter. 

Thank you! And to answer the rest, I didn't realize just how STRONG full BP is, but I have to tell faust 2 things:

1 - Sorry for killing you N4 after townreading me all game, I actually felt bad.

2 - Thanks for making joth buff SK, even cop's much less threatning. I've wanted to say this for a looong time, so there.

Also, I killed Swan N3 because everyone was scumreading me, which meant SK cop wasn't one of the players that was doing that, and Swan fit in perfectly. Just wanted to say that.

Except we can’t lynch WCD without SA.

We'll have to convince them we both played well, I suppose.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: April 10, 2019, 02:53:06 am »

Plan works for me, so long as we can get SA and WCD on board.

I gotta say, fakeclaiming SK was fun.

Again, sorry rae.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: April 10, 2019, 03:01:10 am »

Plan works for me, so long as we can get SA and WCD on board.

I gotta say, fakeclaiming SK was fun.

Again, sorry rae.

Agreed, sorry raerae, also, what was your plan when claiming SK? What did you believe was going to happen?

Just making post-game talk untill Space's here and hammers someone, anything else we can do today?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (Night 2)
« Reply #2979 on: April 10, 2019, 03:09:16 am »

By playing as aggressively as he has I would not be surprised if MiX is loved, regardless of alignment.

Ash, did you see this? Because I did: it was genius and I believe that's why you killed him that night (he claimed Non-Loved).

Should we share our kills? Oh, you go first: why did you kill Glooble? That really confused me.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: April 10, 2019, 04:12:50 am »

I didn’t know what would happen when I claimed, although I figured it would be enough to keep me alive.

Best case, I get the SK lynched and we win. Worst case, ADK got lynched.

I claimed the two things I needed to out — SK and commuter. Neither countered, so that didn’t help.

As for kills at night, mostly it was who could be the cop and/or who we thought would be too hard to lynch. We weren’t scumhunting there. I want to say shraeye thought things through the most.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: April 10, 2019, 04:23:46 am »

I claimed the two things I needed to out — SK and commuter. Neither countered, so that didn’t help.

Just realized raerae knew you were lying, that is some excellent play, wow. I did believe Space was commuter, so her gambit worked. Problem was I thought Space would commute whereas raerae would not, guess I was right.

Ash, did you ever use Garak? Otherwise, excited to see everyone's QTs, I sorta roleplayed in mine because being SK is lonely and I needed to stay positive. I also have to say I softclaimed Loved when ash hammerer Robz, anyone noticed that? Wasn't intentional but it was there.

Space, wake up, you have the power!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: April 10, 2019, 04:28:12 am »

Bus drove Rae to WCD on the night we killed chicken.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: April 10, 2019, 04:30:36 am »

Bus drove Rae to WCD on the night we killed chicken.

Why? For confusion? Did you think one of them was SK?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: April 10, 2019, 05:55:10 am »

RIP raerae. Sad we were both right about our top scum-picks yesterday!

I'm gonna wait till Didds shows up, since her sleep time is not nearly as many effective timezones apart from mine as you'd expect from the geography, and I'm just out of an hour of meetings, so she's probably awake already...

I think it's pretty clear what I want to do here, but using double-voting to king-make is a bit of an abuse of power, so I'd prefer to have an ally with whom to discuss my feelings :-)
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2985 on: April 10, 2019, 06:19:53 am »

RIP raerae. Sad we were both right about our top scum-picks yesterday!

She was right about me from the very start, you just caught me with PoE  :P

I think it's pretty clear what I want to do here, but using double-voting to king-make is a bit of an abuse of power, so I'd prefer to have an ally with whom to discuss my feelings :-)

I hope you make us both win, MQ played very well, somehow lynching Uncle D4, crazy, and I managed to live this long, mostly due to the way I dodged the lynch D2, proud of that one. But overall your call.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: April 10, 2019, 07:21:39 am »

Good morning, Space!

I’m up...
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: April 10, 2019, 07:26:47 am »

Good morning, Space!

I’m up...

Can you please vote yourself? Who do you want to kingmake? I suggest both me and ash, we both played well in my opinion.

Also, sorry for scumreading you D4, I legit trusted ash more, and someone said "Didds eventually gets NKd when scum realize she was town" so I stubbornly opposed that idea.

Sorry for being SK!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: April 10, 2019, 07:38:06 am »

Because of full BP, one of each scum team alive and no one else, assuming SK is one of the teams, is an SK win.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: April 10, 2019, 07:39:15 am »

Because of full BP, one of each scum team alive and no one else, assuming SK is one of the teams, is an SK win.

Damn. Oh well, worth a shot.

Vote: ash

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: April 10, 2019, 07:47:29 am »

Space, without hearing your thoughts at all, my initial inclination is to lynch MiX.

If we have to choose a winner, I’d rather it be MQ.  I can elaborate as to why, but generally I don’t prefer crowning someone who was consistently overstepping boundaries of civility. I was literally thisclose to quitting the game after his attack on me. In #436, he articulates his belief that “I am a firm believer that I should be aggressive here and that Didds can take it. If I am wrong, I apologize.“ Letting him win justifies the behavior. Also, he could have chosen to be a pro-town SK, but didn’t. I’m not sure why he think town would extend kindness to him now. Asher was playing, to my mind, more within the bounds of the game. I don’t feel itchy about his win.

But I recognize that is my experience, and it has been colored by that exchange, so I am willing to be convincedif you are of a different mind.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: April 10, 2019, 07:52:19 am »

Also, he could have chosen to be a pro-town SK, but didn’t. I’m not sure why he think town would extend kindness to him now.

Although I cannot objectively adress the other points, I have always tried to scumhunt legitimately at every opportunity, every single time I could. I always tried to do pro-town moves, even if they looked anti-town, because all I wanted was to lynch MQ. The problem was MQ played really well so I lynched Uncle, that was really sad. But, feel free to provide examples of me being anti-town, I hope I didn't do them (well, maybe at the end, but I knew ash and ADK were scum and I had already warned everyone that my time was limited over and over, it didn't matter where I left my vote), if you find enough of them I'll accept my loss.

I'm sorry for the outlash Didds, I had the words "Vote: X, PR hunting" in my mind ever since I got SK and that was the perfect time to say them. The rest I cannot excuse.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: April 10, 2019, 08:04:50 am »

Who do you want to kingmake? I suggest both me and ash, we both played well in my opinion.

Ash's lying winds me up. Howcome nobody else (except the scums, evidently..) ever notices when he's making such wild and clearly scummy claims? And it annoys me that on the one game where he didn't come up with one of those ridiculous Ash-plans, he's scum after all, which plays too nicely into his meta and encourages him to make the Ash-plans in future.

However Ash pulled all of that off without insulting and pissing off half of the player-list of the game, and I think that's worth a lot of points in the king-making balance. Since there's nothing flavour-related that dictates how we are expected to play at this juncture, I think it's fair to come back to f.ds mafia meta here. Ash is a skilled player, and the fact I get wound up by it is just my problem. On the other hand, MiX was actually out of line a lot of the time; even when his logic was good at the end, he got shouty and controlling. I'm pretty sure raerae would be the first to agree that we don't want to encourage that aggressive and entitled playstyle, but she's far from being the only one who objected.

So.. I will vote to lynch MiX, but I won't double-vote, so that WCD can weigh in as well.

PPE 2: Yes, WCD and I are agreeing. Phew.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: April 10, 2019, 08:06:50 am »

Well, raerae knew ash was lying, she was just trying to not claim commuter at all costs. So, yeah, I believe everyone knew ash was scum.

If that's the kingmaking decision, then I accept it. I suppose I'll have to wait more games untill I win. I apologize for my performance. Space, hammer me already.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: April 10, 2019, 08:12:35 am »

Vote: MiX

I'm sorry it came down to king-making, MiX. Your logic was good in the end, but you need to work hard on how to be more aware of the people you're playing with as humans as well as opponents. I say this as someone else who finds people skills difficult, so I know it's hard work and can distract from the game goal in the short term. In the long term, though, it makes for much better games, because mutual respect and mutual enjoyment make for a much better environment, and lead to more and better interactions.

PPE 1: ... and you're still giving orders! :-P

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: April 10, 2019, 08:13:25 am »

I think that's only L-1, since WCD hasn't placed her vote yet. As I said, double-voting for king-making seems a bit like an abuse of power somehow...

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: April 10, 2019, 08:18:07 am »

I love it when we see the world the same way, Space.

MiX, I think there is a difference between playing to win and playing well. And in a game about community, I think there are ways to do both. I’m not mad, but I am trying to draw a bead on that distinction.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: April 10, 2019, 08:18:34 am »

PPE 1: ... and you're still giving orders! :-P

Untill my last breath I will state my opinions that favour town in the form of orders. Why not? As I've said, I've been doing everything I could that was pro-town, which included not giving information when it was bad for town to do so and to give it when it was good for town to do it. There's no reason to subvert my opinions in this game, the more reactions I get out the better. I know no one (exaggeration?) supports this, which is why I'm getting lynched today, but I will believe this untill the game is over.

I'm sorry it came down to king-making, MiX. Your logic was good in the end, but you need to work hard on how to be more aware of the people you're playing with as humans as well as opponents. I say this as someone else who finds people skills difficult, so I know it's hard work and can distract from the game goal in the short term. In the long term, though, it makes for much better games, because mutual respect and mutual enjoyment make for a much better environment, and lead to more and better interactions.

My logic was always good in the entire game, unless you point to a counterexample. My people skills were not. Note how my gut reads were basically flipped every time and how I generally treated everyone.

Well, I hope that's the first and last game of SK, playing it is incredibly lonely, makes me feel evil and it takes a lot of work to simply get kingmaked. Good job MQ. Can't believe shraeye wins this.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: April 10, 2019, 08:19:14 am »

...Goodbye. I'm actually sad. I'm sorry...

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: April 10, 2019, 08:20:22 am »

For some twilight post-game analysis: The reason MiX gave himself away as SK yesterday was that he kept posting SK-relevant advice to the thread. Had he been town, that would have been a really unwise thing to do, in case SK would otherwise play suboptimally and thereby assist town. I think town!MiX should have noticed it eventually, especially after I cautioned him not to, but he just kept on doing it :-P
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 123  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.