Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 123  All

Author Topic: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (GAME OVER, Maquis win!)  (Read 377636 times)

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (Day 4)
« Reply #2350 on: March 27, 2019, 06:30:40 am »

Why is Ash Didds unlikely?

And when did this realization take place? This just suddenly occurred to you that “Didds and Uncle be the dinamic duo?”
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: March 27, 2019, 06:47:27 am »

Why is Ash Didds unlikely?

And when did this realization take place? This just suddenly occurred to you that “Didds and Uncle be the dinamic duo?”

MiX (4): raerae, ashersky, shraeye, WestCoastDidds,
Awaclus (8): faust, Glooble, DatSwan, chickenwarlord, Uncleeurope, MiX, SpaceAnemone, 2.71828.....
Glooble (1): EFHW
faust (2): Awaclus, UmbrageOfSnow

I noticed this yesterday: I don't think this is a configuration the Maquis team would ever do.

And hmm, no, I think it's Snow/Eddie, but Didds/Eddie is also very likely, so I'm voting for the one in common.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: March 27, 2019, 06:57:09 am »

Oh, fair call. Didds-Ash is unlikely.

Uncleeurope Eddie

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: March 27, 2019, 07:01:23 am »

We have not talked probability in a while. I am redoing those calculations trying to take everything that we know inot account. The relevant data is:

- I am IC
- ash, WCD, UoS are not MU
- the Neighbors, DatSwan and shraeye could never have been SK
- DatSwan did not target the SK N2

This gives me a result of

SK + Maquis: 84%
MU + Maquis: 16%

This is helpful! Thank you

As far as Eddie’s desire for claims, I’m not sure what makes it more helpful now than it was 72 hours ago when it fizzled. What’s different now?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: March 27, 2019, 07:02:43 am »

Hmmmmm, I expected you to say that they would stick together precisely because of what I'm saying. Why do you think this is not the case? I know why, but I want to see if you know too.

PPE 1: how happy were you that you got Uncle as a scumbuddy in drunk mafia? Serious question, what do you think of Eddie?

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2355 on: March 27, 2019, 07:12:13 am »

We have not talked probability in a while. I am redoing those calculations trying to take everything that we know inot account. The relevant data is:

- I am IC
- ash, WCD, UoS are not MU
- the Neighbors, DatSwan and shraeye could never have been SK
- DatSwan did not target the SK N2

This gives me a result of

SK + Maquis: 84%
MU + Maquis: 16%

This is helpful! Thank you

As far as Eddie’s desire for claims, I’m not sure what makes it more helpful now than it was 72 hours ago when it fizzled. What’s different now?

Just wondering if the people who wanted claims early still wanted them or not. Because the fizzling was puzzling to me.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: March 27, 2019, 07:20:17 am »

Hmmmmm, I expected you to say that they would stick together precisely because of what I'm saying. Why do you think this is not the case? I know why, but I want to see if you know too.

PPE 1: how happy were you that you got Uncle as a scumbuddy in drunk mafia? Serious question, what do you think of Eddie?

If that wagon is something you are taking seriously then I understand why you are scum reading me. And why I should be scumreading you in theory. So yes, I understand why it is unlikely for three people to be on a wagon.

By the way, back to snow, but him being adamantly townreading two people and then bringing it up later is scummy to me. Mafia isn’t that great a place for “I told you so’s” as they often end up really meaning “Hey, guys remember this!”

That being said: Vote: Ash

Uncleeurope Eddie

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: March 27, 2019, 07:30:13 am »

By the way, back to snow, but him being adamantly townreading two people and then bringing it up later is scummy to me. Mafia isn’t that great a place for “I told you so’s” as they often end up really meaning “Hey, guys remember this!”

Er, when did that happen? Quote please?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: March 27, 2019, 08:12:33 am »

Honestly, that was a lot of pages for the raerae/mix thing.  I skimmed most of it.  I prefer to lynch there to make it stop.

There should be no more claims, unless forced at L-1. Role usefulness comes with anonymity.

Everyone is still scummy. What the heck.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: March 27, 2019, 08:15:51 am »

Ash, I know you're Garak, but lets set aside that. What do you think of Didds/Snow/Uncle?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: March 27, 2019, 09:53:47 am »

I have a deep and abiding love for our beneficent Uncle of Europe born of newbie games, the birth of his nickname, owl memes, drunk mafia, his disdain for leaf water or bean water, and successfully NKing my husband.

That said, I appreciate that he engages regularly, but overall I think he is shifty and cavalier with his votes. He so thoroughly decimates any VCA that he can’t help but look scummy, and that seems strategic because he can’t be pinned down. It’s almost like a MU Awaclus.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: March 27, 2019, 10:24:29 am »

That said, I appreciate that he engages regularly, but overall I think he is shifty and cavalier with his votes. He so thoroughly decimates any VCA that he can’t help but look scummy, and that seems strategic because he can’t be pinned down. It’s almost like a MU Awaclus.

Odd...I think the VCA incriminates him...heavily so, in fact. Did you do any VCA this game? Er...do you like doing those?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: March 27, 2019, 10:49:27 am »

Odd...I think the VCA incriminates him...heavily so, in fact. Did you do any VCA this game? Er...do you like doing those?

I can’t say that I do it much because I’m not sure it helps me see more clearly until things get smaller. It’s too many things to hold in my mind at once. In the post of space’s where she shows who each of us has voted for....he had voted for almost everyone. So, I find that shifty, but where he is for any moment seems flighty. He votes for three people in a single post. I learn nothing from that. I don’t know if it’s annoying or scummy, though. Again, MU Awaclus, because that is what I always think about him.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: March 27, 2019, 10:56:44 am »

I can’t say that I do it much because I’m not sure it helps me see more clearly until things get smaller. It’s too many things to hold in my mind at once. In the post of space’s where she shows who each of us has voted for....he had voted for almost everyone. So, I find that shifty, but where he is for any moment seems flighty. He votes for three people in a single post. I learn nothing from that. I don’t know if it’s annoying or scummy, though. Again, MU Awaclus, because that is what I always think about him.

You find that shady about him but he was exactly the opposite in our last game where he was scum. He was thoughtful, careful, and restrained. He's reading town to me exactly because of his all over nature this game.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: March 27, 2019, 11:07:40 am »

You find that shady about him but he was exactly the opposite in our last game where he was scum. He was thoughtful, careful, and restrained. He's reading town to me exactly because of his all over nature this game.

Right??? But the votes incriminate him this game. Not sure what to think of him, but I believe he would completely flip it this game...

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: March 27, 2019, 11:08:29 am »

In the last game he had a team. I'm thinking he feels like a lone actor, more SK than Maquis.

I think I'll reread him to see if it seems plausible that he could be playing this way as town.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: March 27, 2019, 11:15:11 am »

Eddie, I can't ISO your posts. Can you put in a ShuffleIt username, or a distinguishing bit of personal text? Thanks.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: March 27, 2019, 11:20:29 am »

Right??? But the votes incriminate him this game. Not sure what to think of him, but I believe he would completely flip it this game...

I don't put a ton of stock in votes analysis, sorry.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: March 27, 2019, 12:07:33 pm »

Eddie, I can't ISO your posts. Can you put in a ShuffleIt username, or a distinguishing bit of personal text? Thanks.

If you search for "Uncleeurope Eddie", it works to find him, because it's in his sig.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: March 27, 2019, 12:08:29 pm »

Sorry for my comparative silence today. Work is busy, and I have a rehearsal tonight after dinner, so I might not be on much till pretty late.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #2370 on: March 27, 2019, 12:15:12 pm »

Vote Count 4.6

*Thump Thump* *Thump Thump* *Thump Thump*

Kasidy Yates finds herself in a strangely-lit dream, with the dead crewmembers walking around her in a circle.

"Benjamin?" she says to one that looks like Captain Sisko.

"The Sisko is linear," it says.

"It exists in one time, but not another," says one that looks like Jake.

"Why are you talking to me?" asks Kasidy.

"The Yates is not of Bajor," says one that looks like Kira.

"But the Sisko is too linear" says the Captain Sisko one again. "It cannot influence events."

"The time of reckoning is coming" says the one who looks like Jake. And suddenly, Kasidy is back in front of the Bajoran shrine.

"You?" says Kai Winn. "They spoke to *you*? What did they say child? What did they tell you?"

"Nothing we didn't already know," says Kasidy. "I need a drink."

Fortunately Quark's is just across the promenade.

Vote count:

MiX (3): raerae, EFHW, WestCoastDidds
ashersky (2): UmbrageOfSnow, UncleEurope
UncleEurope (2): faust, MiX
Not voting (2): SpaceAnemone, ashersky

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch most players. Day 4 ends at 12 pm forum time/US ET (16:00 GMT) on Friday, March 29th.
[/quote]

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: March 27, 2019, 12:49:36 pm »

If you search for "Uncleeurope Eddie", it works to find him, because it's in his sig.
Tried that, didn't work. I'll try it again.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: March 27, 2019, 12:51:59 pm »

unvote. That's not an expression of trust, more of caution.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: March 27, 2019, 12:56:35 pm »

I think a few Itoldyousos are warranted when everyone spends the entire game ignoring me and blindly sheeping faust while multiple people lament the impossibility of ever lynching scum and want to claim because how could we ever proceed with scumhunting without just lynching people based on claims?

And now everyone has dropped that which is on one hand a return to sanity but why were they saying that stuff in the first place?

I really deeply want faust to be scum here, I know he can

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: March 27, 2019, 12:57:14 pm »

*know he can't be, and that makes this whole thing more frustrating.

(stupid tab button)
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 123  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.