Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 123  All

Author Topic: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (GAME OVER, Maquis win!)  (Read 377437 times)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
Re: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (Day 4)
« Reply #2300 on: March 26, 2019, 03:27:03 pm »

Oh, MiX I guess, he voted me so soon afterwards I didn't parse that. Still, do you really think that's a thought other people were going to latch onto?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: March 26, 2019, 03:33:02 pm »

@WCD: Is it anti-town to scumread you in general or is it something about how MiX did it?

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (PMs sent. Night 0)
« Reply #2302 on: March 26, 2019, 03:33:13 pm »

Everyone was townreading shraeye, it was the hot stuff! And yes, I did answer that, I was townreading shraeye and townreading E who was townreading shraeye, I didn't think he would ever be lynched that day. And I was right, he recieved basically no attention that day (or any day, really).
Why were you townreading e on D1?

I metaread him and he felt like he was doing normal town!e things. Minor, but...better than what I had on others for townieness.

Why do scum care if other scum are on a wagon?

Well, they really don't want to get caught by PoE ("oh look at all of these unflipped players!"), and it's pretty much a double-edged sword: if the other scum flips, great, but if yours flip it's good for the other scumteam. Seems risky and pretty much always makes a scum flip, which is worse than town flip IMO (except the first scum, that's better for the scumteam that didn't lose a buddy, but those can happen at night).

Approach it the other way around: if I'm town, why am I alive? And the answer will come out easily: because it's SO easy to push my mislynch that why bother? Scum has every intentions to let me slide across the days untill one of their own is in trouble, because when that happens they can simply say "MiX is scum lol" and bam free mislynch. I also seem to have the worst reads so I'm a good person to carry to LyLo, but I doubt I'm living that far.

So why do you think scum is protecting you then?

Because we weren't close to their scumteam? The wagons D3 sorta exemplify that, 3 townies that we were sure were scum. Pretty much everyone who has been getting suspicion is either me or dead, so they have no reason to lynch me yet. Why protect me? I don't know, sounds like a fun gambit, let MiX live more and dig his own grave, then we'll push his lynch when it's time. I would do it. If this actually happened then it was decided N2. It's hard to believe, I suppose...but do you see any other explanation? I get why raerae's thinking the way she's thinking, it's what I would think in her position too, but I know otherwise, so...yeah.

Oh, MiX I guess, he voted me so soon afterwards I didn't parse that. Still, do you really think that's a thought other people were going to latch onto?

Did I ever townread you for it? I was and am always hunting for Maquis, so I didn't even parse your claim as towny/scummy.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: March 26, 2019, 03:34:44 pm »

I feared this. No, no, this is so not top priority...well, whatever makes you vote somewhere productive works, maybe this is it, the day where I destroy your "case" and get NKd. Here we go, town V town battle!

I swear, every time MiX posts it looks like he has a nervous breakdown and changes his mind halfway through and I love it.

I missed this post. Let me just save it...

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: March 26, 2019, 03:59:22 pm »

Oh, regarding my targets, they're in the order I listed them
Ash N1 because I find him hard to read and despite how people talk about him, I can't remember the last time he got NKed early. WCD based on my logic toward the end of D2, was debating WCD, shraeye, and raerae I settled on WCD as the most likely scum of the 3 at that point. At this point I'm townreading raerae by the way. Faust on N3 because it became apparent scum weren't actually going to kill him and I had that hope I'd get a guilty and could just not have to reread him and lynch him today, especially because I thought I'd always have doubts about him all game and scum were never going to kill him. Really fortuitous targeting from EFHW there on ICing him.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: March 26, 2019, 04:00:31 pm »

Because we weren't close to their scumteam? The wagons D3 sorta exemplify that, 3 townies that we were sure were scum. Pretty much everyone who has been getting suspicion is either me or dead, so they have no reason to lynch me yet. Why protect me? I don't know, sounds like a fun gambit, let MiX live more and dig his own grave, then we'll push his lynch when it's time. I would do it. If this actually happened then it was decided N2. It's hard to believe, I suppose...but do you see any other explanation? I get why raerae's thinking the way she's thinking, it's what I would think in her position too, but I know otherwise, so...yeah.
Why is this a reason for scum to protect you and for this to be something you're interested in looking for as a means of scumhunting?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: March 26, 2019, 04:12:05 pm »

Why is this a reason for scum to protect you and for this to be something you're interested in looking for as a means of scumhunting?

You might have to be more specific, I think I just answered that first part? The scumhunting part is just...I don't think scum would all unite in scumreading me (heavily, everyone loves scumreading me but some more than others), so it should eliminate some scumteams. Minor, very minor, part of why I didn't pay attention to it, but still, better than nothing.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: March 26, 2019, 04:13:25 pm »

Why were you townreading e on D1?

I metaread him and he felt like he was doing normal town!e things. Minor, but...better than what I had on others for townieness.

So how come when you reread people's reasons for voting Robz on D1, you didn't ever look at the leadup to my sheeping e if this was some big townread of yours? You didn't really note that I must have developed a townread on e in there, I was curious about this back on D2 and it's pretty clear you didn't consider it. Especially as I thought there was a good reason to townread e based on his reactions to his wagon and the Robz and LL wagons. And then even after we talked about it, I seem to recall you leaving that out and making a big deal of me not explaining myself. Surely if you were also townreading e you'd have considered sheeping him too and incorporated that into consideration of why I voted back then.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: March 26, 2019, 04:16:12 pm »

I'm not really asking you a question on that at this point (and the final thing you responded to in that big post was directed at Ash, despite having your name in it.)

My point is that you're repeating thoughts other people have. Earlier you outright said that you thought scum must be protecting you and you should look for that. That doesn't really sound like the tune you're singing now (and I agree that it doesn't make much sense) and I think that is worthy of comment.

And probably a vote, but I'm not sure what the current VC is and I want to try to write up some thoughts on Ash later and see how people respond to those.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: March 26, 2019, 04:18:51 pm »

Hi Didds!

Who are your top two townreads among people other than me, EFHW or Space?

Hi faust! How delightful to be an IC!

Raerae... then maybe Ash? But with so many scum left and so few town left, I’m not sold on EFHW and Space.  I feel pretty good about you, raerae, EFHW, and me.  Not so good about the rest.

Wait, are you pro EFHW or anti EFHW?

I’m finding her helpful so towncred. But she could also be the serial killer, and so not fully conf!town. So I’m mostly pro, but also wary.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
Re: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (Day 3)
« Reply #2310 on: March 26, 2019, 04:21:21 pm »

This is all the reasoning I can find on MiX's e vote, admittedly didn't search exhaustively but I just reread that section of the game and the initial vote is in a post talking about other stuff. Just want this quoted for reference.

Space/MiX, could you two summarize the e case for me?

Well, I think e's scummy mostly out of a gut read: it seems that everyone I put in my "towny but not 100% town" list is scum: in M121 ss and Uncle were there (and arishipshape was even higher) and I ended D2 with shraeye as the single person in it...and now e's there. Otherwise I'm simply sheeping faust, I really like his case, it makes perfect sense...except the hammer that is, he could be a cop for all we know and wanted to not get NKd. But the rest's good. Now that I think about it, what has e done D2 and D3? I don't remember much. Well, D2 he started the lighting faust wagon but what else? I feel like town!e would be doing much, MUCH more but I'll need to reread that.

What do you think of faust?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: March 26, 2019, 04:25:48 pm »

@WCD: Is it anti-town to scumread you in general or is it something about how MiX did it?

The way he did/does it. He puts me into conf!scum language and then uses it to structure all of his other thoughts. Which would be okay, I guess, if I was scum. But I’m not! So, I see it as hurting town because when/if I get lynched and then another town or two gets NK’ed, town loses. I’m town, so that is not the result I’m looking to achieve. But the two other teams (I know, might just be a team and a serial killer) could care less if town loses as long as they win. It’s one thing to keep a scummy list and I know the contingency that marks my use of language rubs lots of folks the wrong way (see Eddie calling me a waffle) might keep me on the list. But if he, or anyone else, assumes I’m scum for the purposes of reading others, that sucks for town because we’re going to lose. I don’t like losing. I don’t like losing when I’m playing badly (imperial Radch game) and I especially don’t like losing because someone else is playing badly. This is MiX playing badly.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: March 26, 2019, 04:35:42 pm »

The way he did/does it. He puts me into conf!scum language and then uses it to structure all of his other thoughts. Which would be okay, I guess, if I was scum. But I’m not! So, I see it as hurting town because when/if I get lynched and then another town or two gets NK’ed, town loses. I’m town, so that is not the result I’m looking to achieve. But the two other teams (I know, might just be a team and a serial killer) could care less if town loses as long as they win. It’s one thing to keep a scummy list and I know the contingency that marks my use of language rubs lots of folks the wrong way (see Eddie calling me a waffle) might keep me on the list. But if he, or anyone else, assumes I’m scum for the purposes of reading others, that sucks for town because we’re going to lose. I don’t like losing. I don’t like losing when I’m playing badly (imperial Radch game) and I especially don’t like losing because someone else is playing badly. This is MiX playing badly.

And this is Didds overreacting to someone finding her scummy, AGAIN. Seriously, if you're town, cool off! I rapidly unvoted you for a reason. If you listen to my arguments pre-Wolf claim, you'd understand why I would instinctively think you're scum. In fact I still think you are, but that's another story. I was actually using my scumread on EFHW to read others, mostly Space, weird that you flip it on yourself. Yes, of course people scumreading you hurts your team, but the problem is I don't KNOW your team... I'm biased but I'm not convinced by this argument and I wouldn't understand anyone else (you're conf!town to yourself so you can say this) thinking this is scummy.

Are you just using this post to scumread me?

Okay that changes everything. EVERYTHING. How could I be so wrong?

Possible Maquis: ash, UoS, Didds, Uncle, raerae. Of these, Didds is clearly Maquis...my money's on snow or Uncle for the other Maquis for sure...as for MU, probably still EFHW/Space, but we'll wait for more info on that. I need to sleep on this information, hopefully I'll be back with better reads.

For the love of god don't lynch me because I have bad reads. Man I feel like an idiot now.

There's posts before and after it. Are you always this scared of being lynched? I know, I know, so many trick questions, but I need a good read on you more than anything.

Also, yes, this is me playing badly. Terribly. Unless you're scum, in which case it's my big revival! Let's hope that's true.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: March 26, 2019, 04:51:24 pm »

And this is Didds overreacting to someone finding her scummy, AGAIN. Seriously, if you're town, cool off! I rapidly unvoted you for a reason. If you listen to my arguments pre-Wolf claim, you'd understand why I would instinctively think you're scum. In fact I still think you are, but that's another story. I was actually using my scumread on EFHW to read others, mostly Space, weird that you flip it on yourself. Yes, of course people scumreading you hurts your team, but the problem is I don't KNOW your team... I'm biased but I'm not convinced by this argument and I wouldn't understand anyone else (you're conf!town to yourself so you can say this) thinking this is scummy.

I am not overreacting, I was responding to UoS question. I didn't say anything to you when you made this claim because I am not trying to convince you. 

In is inaccurate for you to say that you made that claim (WCD = conf!Maquis) before EFHW's results, though.  You did it at 2256.  Eddie asked you about it at 2269. So, don't make it sound like I am dredging something up from long ago.  You may have changed your mind because your vote is elsewhere currently, but again...I was responding to UoS, not you.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: March 26, 2019, 05:18:12 pm »

I am not overreacting, I was responding to UoS question. I didn't say anything to you when you made this claim because I am not trying to convince you. 

In is inaccurate for you to say that you made that claim (WCD = conf!Maquis) before EFHW's results, though.  You did it at 2256.  Eddie asked you about it at 2269. So, don't make it sound like I am dredging something up from long ago.  You may have changed your mind because your vote is elsewhere currently, but again...I was responding to UoS, not you.

Perhaps I overreacted as well: I was talking about the "conf!scum" part you bringed up, which wasn't always what I thought (and I don't), as you can see before EFHW's post and when I vote Snow. I think it's weird you're focusing so much on me saying you're conf!scum...but I think you've said it too many times to be in any way scummy. Pardon my interruption of your conversation.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: March 26, 2019, 05:30:58 pm »

Hi Didds!

Raerae... then maybe Ash? But with so many scum left and so few town left, I’m not sold on EFHW and Space.  I feel pretty good about you, raerae, EFHW, and me.  Not so good about the rest.

@WCD

Did you answer this and I missed it?
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: March 26, 2019, 05:31:55 pm »

Hi Didds!

@WCD

Did you answer this and I missed it?

Hi Didds!

I’m finding her helpful so towncred. But she could also be the serial killer, and so not fully conf!town. So I’m mostly pro, but also wary.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: March 26, 2019, 05:33:09 pm »

I would like UoS to clarify some things.

1st you soft-claimed Garak.
Then you claimed O'Brian.
Then you said it was a mistake for me to claim.

Why did you soft-claim in the first place? And why Garak? Did you realize that's how your post sounded? You say my claim was a mistake, but it has actually been very helpful to the POE today. You can have your opinion, of course, but I'm confused why you think that when you were the one to revive the claiming topic.

You said you were trying to protect Worf. How? Don't you think it was already pretty obvious I was Worf?

Why don't you think your role is valuable? Are you convinced there is no MU and if so, when did you decide that? Also, did you not see that your results made faust IC?

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: March 26, 2019, 05:44:17 pm »

Thanks, MiX, lots happened while I was away and most of it was wall post-ish. Appreciate it.

Uncleeurope Eddie

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: March 26, 2019, 05:48:53 pm »

I did, Eddie. Scroll up. I’m on my phone, otherwise I’d do it for you.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: March 26, 2019, 05:49:45 pm »

I did, Eddie. Scroll up. I’m on my phone, otherwise I’d do it for you.

MiX quoted you for me, you good.

Uncleeurope Eddie

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: March 26, 2019, 06:05:50 pm »

Space count as of #2295:

MiX (3): raerae, EFHW, WestCoastDidds
ashersky (1): UmbrageOfSnow
UmbrageOfSnow (1): Uncleeurope
Not Voting (4): SpaceAnemone, ashersky, faust, MiX
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: March 26, 2019, 06:33:46 pm »

My thoughts on the "people protecting MiX" thing is that it's faust who's been most influential in me showing such restraint in voting for MiX. I'm finding him really frustrating to play with. However, much of what grates is not necessarily related to his alignment. Faust already called me on my bias, and I'm trying not to let it get to me.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: March 26, 2019, 06:39:06 pm »

I want to Vote: Uncle right now. Not only is he the only Maquis that could be on Awaclus' wagon, he's also the most likely scumbuddy for both Didds and Snow if you consider the #750 LL wagon that suggests that Didds and Snow aren't Maquis together...

More arguments: from my perspective, either Snow or Uncle are scum: otherwise, it would be (ash, raerae), (ash, Didds) or (Didds, raerae), which I believe aren't possible (raerae's pretty damn towny and by my wagon at the end of D2 I don't think ash's Maquis with Didds); with this...no, sadly I can't deduce anything else. I tried, but I can't. I'm pretty certain one of these is scum now, but that might change, like everything else. Someone stop me from changing my reads untill 18 hours have passed from now, during that time I'll be on mobile and away from my VCAs. Hopefully tomorrow I'll post everything I have on Snow and Uncle, but I don't have time to organize it right now.

PPE 1: That's also something destroying scumhunting plans to see who's not scumreading me: faust was the one defending me the most and he's the IC.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: March 26, 2019, 07:16:06 pm »

I want to Vote: Uncle right now. Not only is he the only Maquis that could be on Awaclus' wagon, he's also the most likely scumbuddy for both Didds and Snow if you consider the #750 LL wagon that suggests that Didds and Snow aren't Maquis together...

More arguments: from my perspective, either Snow or Uncle are scum: otherwise, it would be (ash, raerae), (ash, Didds) or (Didds, raerae), which I believe aren't possible (raerae's pretty damn towny and by my wagon at the end of D2 I don't think ash's Maquis with Didds); with this...no, sadly I can't deduce anything else. I tried, but I can't. I'm pretty certain one of these is scum now, but that might change, like everything else. Someone stop me from changing my reads untill 18 hours have passed from now, during that time I'll be on mobile and away from my VCAs. Hopefully tomorrow I'll post everything I have on Snow and Uncle, but I don't have time to organize it right now.

PPE 1: That's also something destroying scumhunting plans to see who's not scumreading me: faust was the one defending me the most and he's the IC.

I'll save you the trouble, I have also been against you being lynched in the past.

Uncleeurope Eddie
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 123  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.