Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 123  All

Author Topic: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (GAME OVER, Maquis win!)  (Read 377626 times)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (Day 4)
« Reply #2175 on: March 25, 2019, 03:41:27 pm »

It would be good to update this for D3. Can't right now.

e wagon: Space, MiX, faust, EFHW, Eddie, ashersky
chicken wagon: Didds
MiX wagon: raerae, UoS

Not as useful as the others, but the chicken wagon is remarkable.

How is that remarkable? A bunch of people were wrong about e, and I was wrong about chicken. And the other folks on the chicken wagon (e are Datswan) are dead. So, chicken was an example of town on town. The e wagon, however, seems highly likely to have multiple scum.

I feel pretty good about my MiX vote.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: March 25, 2019, 03:41:53 pm »

@EFHW, you mention a few people as being less helpful in your eyes, but you didn’t include WCD, do you find WCD to be helpful?
Intermittently.

Retweet

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: March 25, 2019, 03:44:04 pm »

How is that remarkable? A bunch of people were wrong about e, and I was wrong about chicken. And the other folks on the chicken wagon (e are Datswan) are dead. So, chicken was an example of town on town. The e wagon, however, seems highly likely to have multiple scum.

That's quite a defense for the word "remarkable". I just said that because it's the only wagon with exactly 1 unflipped player, yet you immediately said that it was a town on town wagon. So, tell me, is Space your scumbuddy?

Just to clarify, I'm not scumreading (or townreading) you for it, the defense simply feels...out of place. Very out of place. Who are scum in your opinion?

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: March 25, 2019, 03:47:08 pm »

That's quite a defense for the word "remarkable". I just said that because it's the only wagon with exactly 1 unflipped player, yet you immediately said that it was a town on town wagon. So, tell me, is Space your scumbuddy?

Just to clarify, I'm not scumreading (or townreading) you for it, the defense simply feels...out of place. Very out of place. Who are scum in your opinion?

Disagree.  Your "remarkable" comment was pretty obviously baiting this reaction.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: March 25, 2019, 03:50:13 pm »

Rereading Space it's very very clear that they stop pushing the "EFHW or E is scum" case, even though it only became stronger after E's flip. It looks, well, out of place, because I just used that expression, I would assume Space would be all over EFHW right now. Like, really, Space stopped doing that because, and I quote:

EFHW's play so far in D4 seems towny enough.

And hmm that's it. Space, how, exactly, is EFHW towny?

PPE 1: Hmm. I suppose I expected Didds to say something, but not that...I don't need her to tell me that the wagon was town-on-town since I know that's what she believes. I would rather have, well, everyone else think about it. Also I just realized it's a way to say "yep MiX's scum", sigh.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: March 25, 2019, 03:56:57 pm »

Chicken being Ferengi explains some of his difference in play bewtween D2 and D3.
Tell me more about that difference.

I found his posts to be much longer and well informed in D3. I assumed that was from chatting it up in the scum QT, but the neighborhood would work just as well.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: March 25, 2019, 04:02:56 pm »

I don't know why it feels out of place to you. Maybe because I've been gone for all of D4, so it seems odd that this is what I choose to answer? Well, I am working my way through what I missed and this was the most recent.

You and Eddie have been, and still are, at the top of my list.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: March 25, 2019, 04:07:08 pm »

Disagree.  Your "remarkable" comment was pretty obviously baiting this reaction.

Ha! Mix says...."Wha.....? I remarked about something that made you look scummy without saying it outright and you responded to that implied statement?! How very scummy of you, WCD! See, she is scum because she didn't like being called scum in an oblique and vague manner."

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: March 25, 2019, 04:09:15 pm »

@Space, Didds, and EFHW: Me vs MiX, is it town v town, scum v scum, or town v scum?

town v. scum

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: March 25, 2019, 04:31:22 pm »

Okay...I think I am mostly caught up and have answered the direct questions.  If I missed one, please ask again. Sorry for the hald page of posts!

From having been away for awhile and seeing some of the Space voting lists, it is more interesting to me now than it was before that Eddie's bopping around makes it so that he is consistently difficult to pin down since he appears on the vote lists for everyone.  I found it annoying before, but now I see it as a more strategic choice and its seems super scummy to me.

Helpfulness is definitely my barometer for townfolk. However flawed that might be, its what I generally how I think about it. (Awaclus is an example of this potential flaw in my thinking about helpfulness) Space is helpful, so I'm keeping them on the sunny side of the street.

I also find it interesting that the folks I find the scummiest (MiX and Eddie) bring my name up far more often than anyone else.  I am not sure what I think of faust being in those discussions so frequently.

What are folks thinking about Asher? Umbrage? How are they just not part of the current conversations?

Eddie, after your mom told you that telling your brother that loving him didn't mean hating you....did she follow it up with "I love you, too" or just leave that hanging out there?  She doesn't hate you, but.....

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: March 25, 2019, 04:40:24 pm »

Yeah, she closed it out with affirming her love.

Although the quote was mostly used in the context of her congratulating a specific behavior in myself or a sibling and then having to reassure the other siblings that their efforts were not unnoticed either.

“Just because I told your brother he did a good job doesn’t mean I thought you did a bad one.”
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: March 25, 2019, 05:27:18 pm »

Helpfulness is definitely my barometer for townfolk. However flawed that might be, its what I generally how I think about it. (Awaclus is an example of this potential flaw in my thinking about helpfulness) Space is helpful, so I'm keeping them on the sunny side of the street.

Do you ever think that you're scumreading players based on their playstyles, independently of alignment? I don't see why scum can't be the most helpful of townies, all scum has to do is nudge towards non-partners more and bam they win. Or in Space's case, implicate 2 people with an accurate VCA, lynch one and forget about the other. Seriously, that's just off.

From that post I also agree that Uncle being the only one scumreading you untill I started doing it too is off, which is actually why I started thinking you two were a team...but that feeling passed now.

I have a townread on one of ash and Snow and I see no reason to say which...it's minor, but I think it's enough for me to focus on the other 4, especially when hunting Maquis. If you have something interesting to say about them (other than "Snow was on faust all game and that was pointless!"), feel free to do so.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: March 25, 2019, 05:49:49 pm »

Being on faust all game wouldn't have been pointless if we didn't spend the whole game just giving him a pass without thinking about it.

Ironically I don't really want to lynch faust anymore, but I still want to whine about this.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: March 25, 2019, 05:51:34 pm »

It's weirding me out how vehemently we were (collectively) hunting Garak and pushing claims earlier and that just dropped completely after a bit of pushback. I was fully expecting to have to claim and complain about how dumb it was. I'm happier to not claim, but it's weird.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: March 25, 2019, 05:52:20 pm »

Vote: EFHW

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2190 on: March 25, 2019, 05:53:35 pm »

I'm also still happy with a MiX lynch, don't like the setting "traps" and "will you agree you're 100% certain I'm scum" arguments. But this is more interesting.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: March 25, 2019, 05:56:38 pm »

@faust: I don't have the time to go searching for my earlier comments but you've been pulling other people's stuff up pretty quickly, why should I bother?

@Didds: What do you think is helpful about Space's lists? Is effort the same thing as helpfulness to you?

@EFHW: What's your read on WCD?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: March 25, 2019, 05:59:30 pm »

Being on faust all game wouldn't have been pointless if we didn't spend the whole game just giving him a pass without thinking about it.

Ironically I don't really want to lynch faust anymore, but I still want to whine about this.

Your cases were...meh? Except his end of D2 was pretty scummy but he rectified it D3.

It's weirding me out how vehemently we were (collectively) hunting Garak and pushing claims earlier and that just dropped completely after a bit of pushback. I was fully expecting to have to claim and complain about how dumb it was. I'm happier to not claim, but it's weird.

Oh I'm just assuming ash's Garak, he's the last one to speak about it and he scumread a bunch of people for it, I don't think he wanted to claim. I suppose this is the point where I say I'm not Garak and probably confuse Joth/Glooble; no, I'm not asking you anything.

Vote: EFHW

You know, I WILL vote here, I just think that if EFHW's Maquis then Space's Maquis. But EFHW might not be Maquis...I would rather lynch Space today, however. What's your stance on Space, again?

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: March 25, 2019, 06:28:35 pm »

This post sounds like a claim.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: March 25, 2019, 06:32:31 pm »

Even if it's not, I've decided to go ahead. I'm Worf, and faust and Space are NOT Maquis. Neither was Glooble, but you already know that.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: March 25, 2019, 06:35:33 pm »

Even if it's not, I've decided to go ahead. I'm Worf, and faust and Space are NOT Maquis. Neither was Glooble, but you already know that.

WHAT?

What.

whispers what.

Unvote

Er.........

Vote: MiX

No, right, the partner, not me...

Vote: Didds

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: March 25, 2019, 06:40:27 pm »

Okay that changes everything. EVERYTHING. How could I be so wrong?

Possible Maquis: ash, UoS, Didds, Uncle, raerae. Of these, Didds is clearly Maquis...my money's on snow or Uncle for the other Maquis for sure...as for MU, probably still EFHW/Space, but we'll wait for more info on that. I need to sleep on this information, hopefully I'll be back with better reads.

For the love of god don't lynch me because I have bad reads. Man I feel like an idiot now.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: March 25, 2019, 06:46:53 pm »

Can you explain why you investigated those three?

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: March 25, 2019, 06:53:37 pm »

Unvote

And suddenly I am much more engaged. We have a game now.

Faust and Space can’t both be scum in my eyes, which is nice.

Snow has jumped up in the runnings, MiX has also gone up in suspicion, although not for the reasons he may think.

I think Didds could easily be scum here, but am conflicted.

EFHW claiming there feels townish, like, the timing I mean.

I will vote for someone later tonight, busy now.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: March 25, 2019, 06:58:39 pm »

You know, I WILL vote here, I just think that if EFHW's Maquis then Space's Maquis. But EFHW might not be Maquis...I would rather lynch Space today, however. What's your stance on Space, again?

WHAT?

What.

whispers what.

Unvote

Er.........

Vote: MiX

No, right, the partner, not me...

Vote: Didds

That's an awfully weird shakeup over the course of 3 minutes.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 123  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 20 queries.