Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 123  All

Author Topic: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (GAME OVER, Maquis win!)  (Read 377557 times)

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (Day 4)
« Reply #2125 on: March 25, 2019, 08:39:56 am »

Plus 80% (<- hyperbole (probably?)) of Space's posts are focused on probability talk, which gives the illusion of helpfulness without any meaningful content. In my eyes anyway.

It's an easy way to say a lot and nothing at the same time.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: March 25, 2019, 08:41:30 am »

Who here thinks that scum!Space would have been so vocal in pointing out all the known towns on that e wagon if their partner was one of the unknowns?

PPE faust: No one has pushed a scum wagon that we know of. Do I need to mention Awaclus?

Jimmmmmm did, may he rest in piece for seeing what all of us couldn't.

Are you scumreading faust? Is that what's happening here? I don't think Space really pushed the Awaclus wagon, as scum would, but they pushed E's wagon, which is on character. Actually, let me reread Space's D3 really quick...

Plus 80% (<- hyperbole (probably?)) of Space's posts are focused on probability talk, which gives the illusion of helpfulness without any meaningful content. In my eyes anyway.

It's easier to bus if you're voting, by the way. Just saying.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: March 25, 2019, 08:42:07 am »

You ARE voting...withdrawn.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: March 25, 2019, 08:43:11 am »

@faust: I'll unvote MiX if you unvote Space.

@Eddie: Why don't you actually go back and count how many of their points were simply probabilty calculations. If anyone has been actilurking, it's you.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: March 25, 2019, 08:45:42 am »

Who here thinks that scum!Space would have been so vocal in pointing out all the known towns on that e wagon if their partner was one of the unknowns?

PPE faust: No one has pushed a scum wagon that we know of. Do I need to mention Awaclus?

Jimmmmmm did, may he rest in piece for seeing what all of us couldn't.

Are you scumreading faust? Is that what's happening here? I don't think Space really pushed the Awaclus wagon, as scum would, but they pushed E's wagon, which is on character. Actually, let me reread Space's D3 really quick...

I was talking to faust, who was responsible for the Awaclus mislynch.  I am not scumreading faust. That is why I am so frustrated with him.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2130 on: March 25, 2019, 08:48:00 am »

@Eddie: Why don't you actually go back and count how many of their points were simply probabilty calculations. If anyone has been actilurking, it's you.

Is everyone in agreement that I am being unhelpful? What does being helpful constitute? Because I feel more helpful than a large portion of our players right now.

Uncleeurope Eddie

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: March 25, 2019, 08:50:13 am »

Me.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: March 25, 2019, 08:50:43 am »

I'll unvote Space if you claim Cop with an innocent result on them.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: March 25, 2019, 08:51:48 am »

Is everyone in agreement that I am being unhelpful? What does being helpful constitute? Because I feel more helpful than a large portion of our players right now.

Your vote swapping shenanigans have caused me much hurt in VCAs. For example, I always have to include you in every list, which includes the "on wagon" and "off wagon" lists. It's...annoying, that's the word. And I don't remember anything else you did that was helpful. But you were much nicer in M121...

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: March 25, 2019, 08:53:29 am »

Actually now that we can assume that we still have a form of protection, I think we should force Cop claims.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: March 25, 2019, 08:53:51 am »

Yup, I don't like to make people upset with me as scum. Soooo yeah... You can trust me for suresies.

Uncleeurope Eddie

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: March 25, 2019, 08:55:02 am »

Actually now that we can assume that we still have a form of protection, I think we should force Cop claims.

Worthless if cops have 2 or less innocent results. We have ONE bus drive and that's it. Regardless we need a Garak claim because if they're scum they won't protect the cops.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: March 25, 2019, 08:55:09 am »

But I don't think that is alignment indicative for Space. Well a little in that they are playing within their meta, but not significantly.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: March 25, 2019, 08:56:25 am »

Worthless if cops have 2 or less innocent results. We have ONE bus drive and that's it. Regardless we need a Garak claim because if they're scum they won't protect the cops.
I disagree. And scum Garak may well protect the Cop for the other team. How long do you think we should wait for Cop results?

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: March 25, 2019, 08:57:45 am »

But I don't think that is alignment indicative for Space. Well a little in that they are playing within their meta, but not significantly.

Fair, it's my first game with Space, no idea of what their meta is. Town or Scum. It just feels like contentless wall posts to me.

Uncleeurope Eddie

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: March 25, 2019, 09:00:36 am »

I disagree. And scum Garak may well protect the Cop for the other team. How long do you think we should wait for Cop results?

One day. And your argument, while good...well, might kill our Maquis cop while there's no MU. Too risky, cops know what they know and they should know when it's good to claim.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: March 25, 2019, 09:01:48 am »

@EFHW, are you more wary of WCD or Space?

Uncleeurope Eddie

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: March 25, 2019, 09:03:32 am »

One day. And your argument, while good...well, might kill our Maquis cop while there's no MU. Too risky, cops know what they know and they should know when it's good to claim.
Then we know that Garak is scum. So just as good as having another night of Cop results. In fact I'd argue that a Cop is more likely to die tonight if we don't claim.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: March 25, 2019, 09:19:21 am »

Cop(s) claim(s) with three results is definitely better than any other claim right now.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: March 25, 2019, 09:31:50 am »

Right.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2145 on: March 25, 2019, 09:32:34 am »

Then we know that Garak is scum. So just as good as having another night of Cop results. In fact I'd argue that a Cop is more likely to die tonight if we don't claim.
If cops are going to take the risk of claiming, then Garak should too, to hold them accountable.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: March 25, 2019, 09:35:52 am »

Sorry, missed coloring chicken. Was not meant to misrespresent stuff.

It misrepresents stuff anyway.

1) Yes, Chicken in my top list was green.
2) Chicken, Shraeye and Raerae were up there because they're all new-to-me players in D1 of a game, who weren't being actively scummy. (MiX and Eddie are new-to-me people who were not being non-scummy, so I promoted them to would-lynch).
3) You pointed out yourself that I was being biased, and it's likely that LL and WCD were up there for biased reasons.
4) This list was posted before any kills, so cannot be said to be independent of them.
5) You were the one pushing the Awaclus lunch through, not me.
6) Actually, I've played consistently, given that I've supported lynches of people on my stated would-lynch list. Do really you think scum!me would have put all my partners in the upper section and mostly only townies in the lower section?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: March 25, 2019, 09:36:07 am »

*them refers to Garak.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: March 25, 2019, 09:38:18 am »

@EFHW, you mention a few people as being less helpful in your eyes, but you didn’t include WCD, do you find WCD to be helpful?

Uncleeurope Eddie

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: March 25, 2019, 09:44:15 am »

TL;DR: You're scum in all three scenarios: EFHW is Maquis, Didds is Maquis, neither are Maquis. Well, just probably in the last two. But for sure in the first one...which leads me to

I can assure you that I'm definitively not scum at all. If/when I flip town, will that lead you to be more or less convinced about EFHW and WCD?

PS: Others have used intermediate vote counts: me and Swan, at least.

I haven't noticed you calculating VCs at points other than those posted by the mods. I was pointing out that if having the complete voting history of the game incriminates me and my hypothetical partners, there would be no reason for me to have shared it with the thread back at #1521, or to have specifically highlighted the ones around the e wagon.

Also, you're the only one to have parroted my "faust is marginally less likely to be scum" thing from yesterday, which seems odd if you think I'm scum and don't include him as a scumread.

It's true, why would I omit it or scumread faust for you saying it? It's a fact. And an irrelevent fact, at least for now.

I'm not sure it's a true fact, is what I'm saying. And it is relevant that you've picked it up as a fact uncritically from me, if you also claim you scumread me.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 123  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.