Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 123  All

Author Topic: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (GAME OVER, Maquis win!)  (Read 377628 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (Day 4)
« Reply #2000 on: March 23, 2019, 05:19:16 pm »

By lynching who we think is most likely to be scum? I'm seeing downsides to claiming and not a lot of upside. Why do you think we need to claim to move forward?

And I'm torn between voting EFHW and MiX right now, so yeah not really liking them being in charge. I'd be happier with faust, at least he's not SK because of the neighborhood info thing.

So no, she's not as good as anybody. It's weirder how everyone, particularly MiX, is suddenly so in love with deferring judgement to people.

Do you believe one of (EFHW, MiX) is scum beyond a shadow of doubt?
Why do you think I would believe this?

If you're torn between voting for 2 people, surely you think they're scum, correct?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: March 23, 2019, 05:36:40 pm »

Also, seriously raerae, why do we need to claim to move the day forward? Like we've had other days in the game where we lynched people without massclaiming haven't we?
Yep. Those have gone splendidly.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: March 23, 2019, 05:38:38 pm »

By lynching who we think is most likely to be scum? I'm seeing downsides to claiming and not a lot of upside. Why do you think we need to claim to move forward?

And I'm torn between voting EFHW and MiX right now, so yeah not really liking them being in charge. I'd be happier with faust, at least he's not SK because of the neighborhood info thing.

So no, she's not as good as anybody. It's weirder how everyone, particularly MiX, is suddenly so in love with deferring judgement to people.

I'm super game to just lunch MiX but it seemed like most people were game for claiming until Ash swooped in and said it was anti-town.  Re: claiming order, I LOVE the idea of popcorn and am not sure why I've never seen that. If we claim I absolutely vote for popcorn.  What's the argument for EFHW other than vote analysis? Because I'm not buying the whole "there had to be scum on a D1 wagon" arguments, especially not after the last game.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: March 23, 2019, 05:42:56 pm »

Is there any merit to everyone posting reads of everyone else?
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: March 23, 2019, 05:44:49 pm »

Oh somebody will argue against it but I'm always down for reads.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: March 23, 2019, 05:56:59 pm »

Remind me how popcorn works?

I mostly want to hear from Garak, perfectly happy to forgo other claiming.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: March 23, 2019, 06:01:02 pm »

I would also like a definition of popcorn, please!
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: March 23, 2019, 06:12:40 pm »

Did none of you have terrible English teachers who forced you to read paragraphs out loud then say, "Popcorn, Jessica!"??? Then poor Jessica would be forced to read a paragraph to the class and popcorn some other sad soul.  Good gravy, I envy your lives.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: March 23, 2019, 06:19:07 pm »

Is the plan to popcorn players or roles?

Uncleeurope Eddie

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: March 23, 2019, 06:24:39 pm »

Roles, says I. But we can still just lunch MiX and call it a day.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2010 on: March 23, 2019, 06:27:45 pm »

Hi folks!

I’m just checking in...I don’t have time to really catch up or engage yet. The conference soldiers on. And Portland is awesome. I’ll be back on Monday.

I don’t have an opinion about claiming, but I don’t want to hold y’all up if you move forward on that. I’m not Garak.

I like popcorn and fausts’s jokes.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: March 23, 2019, 06:30:46 pm »

I'm super game to just lunch MiX but it seemed like most people were game for claiming until Ash swooped in and said it was anti-town.  Re: claiming order, I LOVE the idea of popcorn and am not sure why I've never seen that. If we claim I absolutely vote for popcorn.  What's the argument for EFHW other than vote analysis? Because I'm not buying the whole "there had to be scum on a D1 wagon" arguments, especially not after the last game.

You're all fools and forgot that arishipshape was clearly on my wagon. This is actually why I tweaked who was in Robz' wagon for my D1 VCA, I learned from that game.

Guess not...but I started the day thinking I shouldn't talk about reads so now I'm excited.

Roles, says I. But we can still just lunch MiX and call it a day.

Do you want to do a massclaim? If so, what role would you start with? And why, I believe we just need Garak's claim, if any. Am I scum to you beyond a shadow of a doubt?

PPE 1: Er, okay, now we should definitely get Garak out...

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: March 23, 2019, 06:36:50 pm »

You're all fools and forgot that arishipshape was clearly on my wagon. This is actually why I tweaked who was in Robz' wagon for my D1 VCA, I learned from that game.

Don't worry, fam, I gotchu. This is actually who lynched you D1, all town. Every single one of 'em. So, let's try again with that EFHW case?

Vote Count 1.final
"There is nothing so strange and so unbelievable that it has not been said by one philosopher or another." — René Descartes

MiX (7): Debatepro, shraeye, raerae, mail-mi, LaLight, EFHW, Faust
EFHW (2): Uncleeurope, MiX
raerae (2): Joseph2302, DatSwan
mail-mi (1): silverspawn

Not Voting (1): Arishipshape

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: March 23, 2019, 06:55:00 pm »

Vote: Space

Uncleeurope Eddie

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: March 23, 2019, 07:13:15 pm »

Don't worry, fam, I gotchu. This is actually who lynched you D1, all town. Every single one of 'em. So, let's try again with that EFHW case?

Vote Count 1.final
"There is nothing so strange and so unbelievable that it has not been said by one philosopher or another." — René Descartes

That's because you failed to see that my lynch was guaranteed back when I had 6 votes, one of which was ari! Don't stick to the final vote count blindly, it misleads you, intermediate ones are better. Although I don't think that's the case for D2+, it seems to be true for D1. This only further proves that EFHW is scum.

Why?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: March 23, 2019, 07:19:21 pm »

Vote Count 1.final

That's because you failed to see that my lynch was guaranteed back when I had 6 votes, one of which was ari! Don't stick to the final vote count blindly, it misleads you, intermediate ones are better. Although I don't think that's the case for D2+, it seems to be true for D1. This only further proves that EFHW is scum.

Why?

You said Didds gets a pass because she got off the e wagon. But Ari got off your wagon. But EFHW is scum because she stayed on the wagon.  A+pickle=green donkey, right?

Come on, people, join me in lynching a single scum this game, please.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: March 23, 2019, 07:33:46 pm »

Vote Count 1.final

You said Didds gets a pass because she got off the e wagon. But Ari got off your wagon. But EFHW is scum because she stayed on the wagon.  A+pickle=green donkey, right?

You're just trying to paint my case as scummy so you can lynch me. Are you seriously thinking about what I'm saying or just dismissing it because I'm obv!scum? Think about it, don't let your bias cloud your judgement.

Ari jumped ship in a completely different scenarion:

1 - The lynch was already guaranteed so there was literally no risk

2 - It was very late in the day and he didn't vote elsewhere

3 - He was a new player, but I suppose that applies to Didds too

Essencially, arishipshape stayed long enough for his vote to matter and then left whereas Didds went there and immediatly left, adding literally zero pressure. I don't see why she would be a part of any analysis over the E wagon, the other 5 stayed much longer.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: March 23, 2019, 07:53:16 pm »

Vote Count 1.final

You're just trying to paint my case as scummy so you can lynch me. Are you seriously thinking about what I'm saying or just dismissing it because I'm obv!scum? Think about it, don't let your bias cloud your judgement.

Ari jumped ship in a completely different scenarion:

1 - The lynch was already guaranteed so there was literally no risk

2 - It was very late in the day and he didn't vote elsewhere

3 - He was a new player, but I suppose that applies to Didds too

Essencially, arishipshape stayed long enough for his vote to matter and then left whereas Didds went there and immediatly left, adding literally zero pressure. I don't see why she would be a part of any analysis over the E wagon, the other 5 stayed much longer.

Well, you and I are going to disagree on that.  Got anything else on her?  I mean, it's D4, surely there's something else.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: March 23, 2019, 08:29:05 pm »

Do you believe one of (EFHW, MiX) is scum beyond a shadow of doubt?

What were you hoping to learn by asking me this?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: March 23, 2019, 08:34:31 pm »

I would also like a definition of popcorn, please!

I claim, I say "Okay, Space claims next" then you claim and say "MiX claims next," MiX claims and says "EFHW claims next" etc. So instead of a lynch order laid out all in advance, each player nominates the next. It almost always gives scum some control of the lynch order, but it keeps much of the order in the hands of town with no risk of it being entirely scum controlled. Good for when there's no player everyone trusts.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: March 23, 2019, 08:39:15 pm »

Rae, when did I say lynching MiX was bad?  Never said that, no real issues with it.

f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: March 23, 2019, 08:41:02 pm »

And if we're doing this thing, we need to at least get the remaining cops to claim. Just by having some of us claim we drastically reduce the pool of players who could be the cops and up the odds of scum shooting them, so what utility we get out of the claim is unambiguous cop innocents for POE without giving scum the option to argue about/obfuscate crumbs. If we do half a mass-claim, cops are still probably dead, may as well get their results.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: March 23, 2019, 08:42:30 pm »

That town!LR plan doesn't work because it makes the cop useless, so no point in protecting them.

How pray tell would protecting a cop render them useless?  Bus drivers are roleblockers.
Lightning rod would redirect their investigation from their target to the LR. Bus driving could work, at the risk of hitting someone else valuable like town!Morn or the other cop.

That is correct. I actually didn’t see that you put LR there responding to me saying Garak should Bus. That’s quite the sleight of hand there.

You said Gafak is scummy for not LRing. I disagree and say they should not LR and should bus to protect cop. Then you respond to my direct response to you with a misdirect?  Why?

So, to clarify here: thank you for pointing out a fault in your own thinking and not mine.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: March 23, 2019, 08:44:24 pm »

And if we're doing this thing, we need to at least get the remaining cops to claim. Just by having some of us claim we drastically reduce the pool of players who could be the cops and up the odds of scum shooting them, so what utility we get out of the claim is unambiguous cop innocents for POE without giving scum the option to argue about/obfuscate crumbs. If we do half a mass-claim, cops are still probably dead, may as well get their results.

I think it needs to be full mass claim or no claims (unless someone has a need).  Lynching based on rolled role is dumb. There is no scumhunting involved. The only exception to that is roles that affect lylo voting such as Hated.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: March 23, 2019, 08:45:35 pm »

If Hated is going to matter, town Hated will claim in time to rectify it and scum Hated might not but will be in a pickle come endgame anyway.

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 123  All

Page created in 0.539 seconds with 20 queries.