Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 123  All

Author Topic: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (GAME OVER, Maquis win!)  (Read 377491 times)

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
Re: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (Day 4)
« Reply #1975 on: March 23, 2019, 12:48:09 pm »

@Space, Didds, and EFHW: Me vs MiX, is it town v town, scum v scum, or town v scum?
I'm curious, why us and how would this help?

You think it's going to hurt to give your opinions on this matter?
I don't have a strong feeling at all to help answer that question. I'm noticing you asked the other three female players.

That didn't have anything to do with who I asked, for whatever that's worth.

Vote: UoS

Wait, is it because UoS is the person I haven't expressed a read on/one of the three I mentioned above?  And, if so, do you think he's my partner?  And, if so, doesn't that mean you don't actually think we (you and I) are town v town?

@MiX, care to comment?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1976 on: March 23, 2019, 01:10:43 pm »

Vote Count 4.2

Chief O'Brien walks into the infirmary, sighs deeply, and taps his combadge.

"O'Brien to Worf. I've uploaded all the files from the Defiant, and I've installed the holoemitters from Quark's second holosuite. He said to tell you he was filing a complaint with Admiral Ross."

"The Ferengi can file all the complaints he wants," says Worf. "We need a doctor."

O'Brien presses a few buttons on the console, and a balding man appears.

"Please state the nature of the medical emergancy," he says.

"Nothing yet," says  O'Brien, "Just making sure everything's online."

Vote count:

MiX (1): raerae
Not voting (8): SpaceAnemone, MiX, faust, EFHW, UncleEurope, ashersky, WestCoastDidds, UmbrageOfSnow

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch most players. Day 4 begins now and will end at 12 pm forum time/US ET (16:00 GMT) on Friday,  March 29th.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: March 23, 2019, 02:43:05 pm »

Okay, a few questions for the group:

How does town proceed in a 3v2v4 scenario?

How does town proceed in a 2v1v6 scenario? (Obviously a much happier situation)

This is literally my first game with multiple baddie teams (yup, using the word team because saying scum sides doesn't feel right to me). And I don't know, (or care to deduce for myself, honestly) what the next steps should be to ensure town's survival.

What do we do now that the claiming thing didn't happen?
This post reads scummy to me. Multiball weakens the scumminess, but why is Eddie suddenly newb!helpless?

Apathy.

And I was this same was in my town games and was definitely not this in my scum one.

But I know that...

Dun DUN DUUUUNNNNN
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: March 23, 2019, 02:48:42 pm »

Wait, is it because UoS is the person I haven't expressed a read on/one of the three I mentioned above?  And, if so, do you think he's my partner?  And, if so, doesn't that mean you don't actually think we (you and I) are town v town?

@MiX, care to comment?

It is indeed because UoS was the only person you hadn't talked about this day. No, of course I don't believe he's your partner, as I believe you are town, as I've previously said. To be honest, it's weird that you think that I would be scumreading you after I said I'm townreading you...

Are we doing the Garak claim? Are we not doing the Garak claim? I am honestly confused at this point. UoS' first on EFHW's list, right? Should we wait for him?

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: March 23, 2019, 02:51:02 pm »

Vote: MiX

Whew, almost didn't feel like myself not having voted for anyone yet. Crisis averted.

Uncleeurope Eddie

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1980 on: March 23, 2019, 02:55:58 pm »

@MiX, care to comment?

It is indeed because UoS was the only person you hadn't talked about this day. No, of course I don't believe he's your partner, as I believe you are town, as I've previously said. To be honest, it's weird that you think that I would be scumreading you after I said I'm townreading you...

Are we doing the Garak claim? Are we not doing the Garak claim? I am honestly confused at this point. UoS' first on EFHW's list, right? Should we wait for him?

But how does me not discussing him mean he's scum? The only way that works is if you think I'm scum.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: March 23, 2019, 03:19:37 pm »

@MiX, care to comment?

But how does me not discussing him mean he's scum? The only way that works is if you think I'm scum.

PR things, not sure I should say it...it's wrong, and you told me it was wrong, but at the time I believed it. Now that I think about it, it was a bit foolish, but hey it got this interaction so it wasn't exactly the worst.

Vote: MiX

Whew, almost didn't feel like myself not having voted for anyone yet. Crisis averted.

Pfft.

Vote: EFHW, I think we should all adress the elephant in the room that says that the E wagon in D1 had at least 1 scum and the only player who hasn't flipped is EFHW. Sadly I didn't actually get to do an EFHW reread...or any rereads. I hope I'll be more useful this weekend, I got lazy today but maybe I won't tomorrow.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: March 23, 2019, 03:28:21 pm »

And WCD, right?

Uncleeurope Eddie

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: March 23, 2019, 03:28:50 pm »

And WCD, right?

AKA Wasn't WCD on that e Wagon in question?

Uncleeurope Eddie

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: March 23, 2019, 03:31:24 pm »

And WCD, right?

AKA Wasn't WCD on that e Wagon in question?

Indeed, which is why I didn't vote instantly. But Didds jumped too early for it to matter, since we know there was no partner in it, it doesn't make a lot of sense...I also have a hunch for Didds' partner, if she is indeed scum, unlike EFHW, which I know less. Regardless this is probably the most important thing to talk about untill I (we) do some NK analysis.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: March 23, 2019, 03:44:48 pm »

You just said that the only person on the wagon who hasn’t flipped is EFHW, but WCD was on it too.

Are you WCD’s partner? Is that what your hunch is?

Uncleeurope Eddie

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: March 23, 2019, 04:03:36 pm »

You just said that the only person on the wagon who hasn’t flipped is EFHW, but WCD was on it too.

Are you WCD’s partner? Is that what your hunch is?

What did I just say?? Did you happen to read my post? I know Didds was there, I just don't think she was there long enough to matter for this. My hunch is actually that you're coaching her. It's incredibly faint and I didn't get around to reread your interactions, but it's what my gut tells me...then again, my gut got destroyed with E, so maybe I'm wrong. In fact I think I'm wrong because on the other hand I think Didds is town. But anyway there's your answer.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: March 23, 2019, 04:05:49 pm »

COMMUTER SHOULD NOT CLAIM WHETHER OR NOT THEY'VE USED THEIR SHOT YET! if we claim.

Jeez, chicken's dead, you don't need to yell at town like that. Of course everyone should assume commuter never commuted since we've always had 2 kills and all vigs are dead.

Can't forget about this commuter fishing trip he took.

Can we put off claiming and just lynch MiX today?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: March 23, 2019, 04:10:58 pm »

COMMUTER SHOULD NOT CLAIM WHETHER OR NOT THEY'VE USED THEIR SHOT YET! if we claim.

Jeez, chicken's dead, you don't need to yell at town like that. Of course everyone should assume commuter never commuted since we've always had 2 kills and all vigs are dead.

Can't forget about this commuter fishing trip he took.

Can we put off claiming and just lynch MiX today?

What? I'm confused. What does this have to do with anything?

I should stop replying to everything...

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: March 23, 2019, 04:36:54 pm »

Vote: EFHW, I think we should all adress the elephant in the room that says that the E wagon in D1 had at least 1 scum and the only player who hasn't flipped is EFHW. Sadly I didn't actually get to do an EFHW reread...or any rereads. I hope I'll be more useful this weekend, I got lazy today but maybe I won't tomorrow.

How is that an elephant? It's been talked to death. I find it a very weak argument or I'd be voting Didds right now.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: March 23, 2019, 04:45:20 pm »

Why is EFHW in charge of anything?

Why would we lynch Garak? If I am Garak, I'd have held on to my shot and used it as Bus Driver, early lightning rod is anti-town, it ruins the cop results at the benefit of soaking one kill.

There are 2 players scum don't want to shoot, and if doublevoter isn't scum they're a high priority target, along with the relevant cop.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: March 23, 2019, 04:48:49 pm »

No matter who is in charge I am going to be upset about it in all honestly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: March 23, 2019, 04:51:50 pm »

How is that an elephant? It's been talked to death. I find it a very weak argument or I'd be voting Didds right now.

It's much more relevant now that E flipped town, wouldn't you agree? And of course you don't believe it, from your perspective it would only implicate Didds and I agree that it's a weak implication. I would love to see other's opinions on it.

Why would we lynch Garak? If I am Garak, I'd have held on to my shot and used it as Bus Driver, early lightning rod is anti-town, it ruins the cop results at the benefit of soaking one kill.

There are 2 players scum don't want to shoot, and if doublevoter isn't scum they're a high priority target, along with the relevant cop.

EFHW's in charge because raerae trusts EFHW and raerae is town. Weak, I know, but...

What's your opinion on Garak claiming?

No matter who is in charge I am going to be upset about it in all honestly.

Upset about what? The claims? Do you disagree with Garak claiming?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: March 23, 2019, 04:52:12 pm »

This probability talk is stupid, the odds of faust being scum neighbor are exactly the odds of faust being scum. Neighborhood is irrelevant.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: March 23, 2019, 04:53:28 pm »

EFHW is as good as anybody when nobody is universally considered conf!town, don't you think?  And she invited anybody to discuss the proposed claim order.

Say we don't claim, how do you suggest moving forward today?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: March 23, 2019, 05:00:28 pm »

By lynching who we think is most likely to be scum? I'm seeing downsides to claiming and not a lot of upside. Why do you think we need to claim to move forward?

And I'm torn between voting EFHW and MiX right now, so yeah not really liking them being in charge. I'd be happier with faust, at least he's not SK because of the neighborhood info thing.

So no, she's not as good as anybody. It's weirder how everyone, particularly MiX, is suddenly so in love with deferring judgement to people.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: March 23, 2019, 05:01:48 pm »

This probability talk is stupid, the odds of faust being scum neighbor are exactly the odds of faust being scum. Neighborhood is irrelevant.

Wrong: faust can't be SK, so he's less likely to be scum. It's very minor, but true.

EFHW is as good as anybody when nobody is universally considered conf!town, don't you think?  And she invited anybody to discuss the proposed claim order.

Say we don't claim, how do you suggest moving forward today?

No, EFHW is scum. Unless you believe scum wouldn't hop on the D1 E wagon? But claim order doesn't matter because I think we only need Garak to claim.

By lynching who we think is most likely to be scum? I'm seeing downsides to claiming and not a lot of upside. Why do you think we need to claim to move forward?

And I'm torn between voting EFHW and MiX right now, so yeah not really liking them being in charge. I'd be happier with faust, at least he's not SK because of the neighborhood info thing.

So no, she's not as good as anybody. It's weirder how everyone, particularly MiX, is suddenly so in love with deferring judgement to people.

Do you believe one of (EFHW, MiX) is scum beyond a shadow of doubt?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: March 23, 2019, 05:02:34 pm »

Also I've always found it kind of gross to set a claim order with yourself last when you're not a consensus townread. If we're going to claim, why not popcorn?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: March 23, 2019, 05:05:00 pm »

Wrong: faust can't be SK, so he's less likely to be scum. It's very minor, but true.
Wrong. This has nothing to do with the prior likelihood of the neighborhood containing scum, which is what I was complaining about. There was a lot of math and fury signifying nothing.

Do you believe one of (EFHW, MiX) is scum beyond a shadow of doubt?
Why do you think I would believe this?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: March 23, 2019, 05:12:51 pm »

Anyway, I have to run but if a majority really wants to claim, I'll be willing to claim first when I get back in a few hours. But then we popcorn. I won't hold the town hostage to my saying this is a bad idea, but really the arguments seem to be mostly a lot of yelling and maybe some misunderstanding of how bus drivers work.

Also, seriously raerae, why do we need to claim to move the day forward? Like we've had other days in the game where we lynched people without massclaiming haven't we?
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 123  All

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 20 queries.