Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 123  All

Author Topic: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (GAME OVER, Maquis win!)  (Read 377536 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (Night 2)
« Reply #1425 on: March 13, 2019, 03:05:22 pm »

Okay, claim time.

I am Quark, a Ferengi. I was in the neighborhood with Awaclus. We know that there is no SK among the Ferengi (or among the UB, but that's useless now).

So, here's how I felt. I thought I was quite townie D1, you know, people were tonwreading me and I fought the Robz lynch and stuff. I figured I had a pretty big target on my back because I'm dangerous to scum as any alignment. But I didn't die. So I wondered, why is this? And it came to me: if scum is in the Ferengi neighborhood, then they know that I am not a strong PR. So that gives them reason to not kill me off.

Here I started to suspect Awaclus. I did believe the wagon position stuff I talked about, but it was not as strong evidence as I made it out to be. As the day moved on, I thought that it would be beneficial to push really hard and basically softclaim a guilty result on Awaclus. The idea being that if scum is among the Ferengi, they will know I'm not a Cop, and that will make them react to me differently than town who would probably at some point assume that I'm a Cop. This is reflected also in a post I made towards the end of D2 where I said people thinking I am town and not voting Awaclus are scummy - because townies thinking I am town should also think that I have a Cop result. One of these, coincidentally, was shraeye.

I always knew there was a risk of Awaclus being town. That of course makes the whole thing less conclusive. But I thought if he is, then at least his lynch protects the Cops.

In the light of Awaclus's flip, I was debating whether my remaining Neighbor is scum. I think however that the shraeye kill gives us better evidence and I will refrain from outing them for now.

A final thing: Since there is no SK in the Ferengi, the SK Cop should not target us. YOu don't know who the last Ferengi is, but I can provide a list of some names at the end of today that does not include my Neighbor, so the SK Cop can have an effective investigation.

PPE 7
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: March 13, 2019, 03:06:25 pm »

Oh I just finished a reread as well. I can recommend it.

Vote: raerae

Your wrong.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: March 13, 2019, 03:06:35 pm »

Vote: faust

Well, that was a good night. I need to reread shraeye now.

PPE: can I ever get first post?

Dumb vote. Why would you do that? You think faust killed glooble? You think faust is shraeye's buddy? Dumb vote.

So you're townreading faust off the Glooble kill?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: March 13, 2019, 03:07:11 pm »

Your wrong.
Impossible, this is D3, I am never wrong beyond D2.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: March 13, 2019, 03:08:58 pm »

Okay, so I need to reread faust and shraeye.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: March 13, 2019, 03:09:55 pm »

Vote: faust

Well, that was a good night. I need to reread shraeye now.

PPE: can I ever get first post?

Dumb vote. Why would you do that? You think faust killed glooble? You think faust is shraeye's buddy? Dumb vote.

So you're townreading faust off the Glooble kill?

It was the second post of the day with zero explanation and the "I guess I need to reread" comment. It has nothing to do with how I feel, it's just a dumb vote.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: March 13, 2019, 03:11:57 pm »

Your wrong.

Sheesh, I knew I was forgetting something.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: March 13, 2019, 03:12:06 pm »

So how do you feel?

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: March 13, 2019, 03:16:10 pm »

Your wrong.

Hehe
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: March 13, 2019, 03:17:38 pm »

So how do you feel?

A little bit hungry, if I'm being honest.  But re: the game, I haven't looked back to see if glooble's death says anything about faust or shraeye. I think shraeye is the kind of scum to kill somebody who's lightly suspicious of him but not the most obvious person. That being said, he has teammates and I don't know how they factor into this but I'm sure he'd try to make sure his team did the same. So, when I get some time, I'll peek back and see if glooble had a middling level scumread, that's the person I'll be voting for today.

Unvote

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: March 13, 2019, 03:17:59 pm »

Your wrong.

Hehe

Appropriate towncred assigned.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: March 13, 2019, 03:21:55 pm »

So, when I get some time, I'll peek back and see if glooble had a middling level scumread, that's the person I'll be voting for today.
You certainly have a strange idea of scumhunting. We have a scum flip, and your top priority is to reread some dead townie?

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: March 13, 2019, 03:25:30 pm »

That's a very interesting claim. I have to admit, faust having a cop result on Awaclus was the last thing I assumed when I saw faust doing that.

Unvote

PPE: everything but faust's claim

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: March 13, 2019, 03:26:54 pm »

That's a very interesting claim. I have to admit, faust having a cop result on Awaclus was the last thing I assumed when I saw faust doing that.

Unvote

PPE: everything but faust's claim

It was the first thing I assumed, and I don’t know why you wouldn’t see that.

Uncleeurope Eddie

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: March 13, 2019, 03:29:21 pm »

So, when I get some time, I'll peek back and see if glooble had a middling level scumread, that's the person I'll be voting for today.
You certainly have a strange idea of scumhunting. We have a scum flip, and your top priority is to reread some dead townie?

Yeah, rereading shraeye isn't going to tell me anything, he doesn't interact with his partners any differently than he interacts with anybody else.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: March 13, 2019, 04:57:09 pm »

When I was driving home from work I thought "I wonder if faust was a Ferengi with Awaclus and that is his big news" and then it was! I am never right about guesses like that so I am pleased that I thought of that one.  Of course that is neither here nor there.

Anyway, like everyone else, I need to go back and read Shraeye. He wasn't anywhere near my radar so that seems especially helpful to us today.

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: March 13, 2019, 04:59:40 pm »

well I had a good VCA done, but the skum flip means I need to edit it. will have some stuff to go off of tonight.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: March 13, 2019, 05:00:05 pm »

also people should scan glooble for potential crumbs
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: March 13, 2019, 05:02:11 pm »

I don’t think I would crumb in his position. I don’t think anyway.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1444 on: March 13, 2019, 06:08:30 pm »

Vote Count 3.1

Quark comes into work in the morning and is surprised to find his nephew standing outside with a phaser rifle.

“What are you doing?” he asks Nog, “I thought you were working in engineering now?”

Nog looks straight ahead, soldier-like. “Acting Captain Worf says until the murderers are caught all available personnel are to be redirected to security. With Odo gone, he wanted someone he could trust watching the bar.”

A smile starts to spread across Quark’s face.

“So the Federation sent you to keep an eye on your old uncle, did they?” he says. He glances around to make sure no one else is in ear shot. “What’ll it be? 10%?”

“You’re not going to be able to bribe me to overlook smuggling, uncle.” says Nog, resolute.

“20%” says Quark, “And you’re already a better negotiator than your father was.”

“Uncle I’m a Starfleet officer now,” says Nog.

“But Rule of Acquisition number 98 still applies,” Quark says to himself as he heads back to the bar. “Every man has his price. And you can bet I’m going to find yours.”

Vote count:

faust (1): UmbrageOfSnow
raerae (1): faust
Not Voting (10): raerae, ashersky, WestCoastDidds, DatSwan, chickenwarlord, Uncleeurope, MiX, SpaceAnemone, 2.71828....., EFHW

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch most players.

Day 3 will end at 12 pm forum time/US ET (16:00 GMT) on Wednesday, March 20th .
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 02:10:02 pm by jotheonah »

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: March 13, 2019, 07:05:51 pm »

He was a flavour cop, though, right? Is crumbing going to give us anything useful without knowing anz results he got, given that flavour and alignment are mostly decoupled?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
Re: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (Day 1)
« Reply #1446 on: March 13, 2019, 07:14:59 pm »

Space did a lot to contribute to the Awaclus mislynch, and it's a scummy push on faust (who is scummy.)

Makes me think Space probably isn't scum with MiX though.

You quote a series of voting states that show me taking time to read, looking elsewhere, forming my own scumreads and rejecting the idea of just sheeping the main wagon without thinking, then finally consolidating when there was insufficient response to the reads I shared. You miss out all the explanation I gave, but that's kind of okay, because I do that all the time when I focus on the wagons and where the votes go. Anyway, I assert that the sequence you posted does nothing to support your argument that I did "a lot" to contribute to the Awaclus myslinch.. pretty much all I did do was vote at the end there.

I do feel a bit exonerated by the fact that faust has now come out and said that he was deliberately manipulating people into assuming he had a PR-related reason for wanting the vote to go to Awaclus, because his post about people who townread him needing to vote Awaclus was definitely an influence on me in the end there.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: March 13, 2019, 07:36:04 pm »

With Awaclus flipping town, we get better PoE on the early e wagon:

2.71828..... (5): mcmcsalot, EFHW, Robz888, Awaclus, WestCoastDidds
(My counting script translates LL to EFHW, though I think it was still LL at this earlier point in the game. Also, I'm underlining the flipped people since I haven't asked whether I'm allowed to use flip colours in posts.)

WCD stayed there on the end from #482 to #550, but the others were there from #437 to #643. And of the others, only e and EFHW are alive, and all the flips have been station-aligned. My conclusion is that there's probably a ~50% chance that each of them is scum from my perspective, given that I could be wrong about it not being a fully town-on-town wagon, but also the chance that they're both scums of opposite flavours, or even that LaFHW was bussing.

Question for Mods: am I allowed to use flip colours for flipped players in posts I make about wagons?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: March 13, 2019, 07:51:15 pm »

The D2 MiX wagon from #1015 to #1086 is also quite coloured-in now, though this time we have a scum on it:

MiX (4): raerae, Shraeye, Awaclus, Glooble

I think this kind of wagon positioning is not too likely to occur if raerae is on the Maquis faction with Shraeye.

I think it's possible that MiX is Maquis and raerae is town or another scum faction (especially if the other faction is a three-person outfit). The hypothesis that MiX could be Maquis is also supported by the fact that Shraeye was the first person to leave the wagon, moving to the competing Awaclus wagon at #1091. Not super-strong evidence, but worth adding to the pile.

If MiX and raerae are both town, then it's probably weak evidence that the other faction is a singleton, because the other wagon that was happening at this point was the Awaclus wagon, and he's another person who probably looks like an easy mislynch to commit to.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: March 13, 2019, 07:56:53 pm »

How likely do people who know Joth well think it is for him to have rolled a game, landed in a three-plus-one scum scenario, then decided to assign the three-person faction the purple colour, saving the more traditional red flip colour for the singleton SK?
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 123  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.