Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 123  All

Author Topic: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (GAME OVER, Maquis win!)  (Read 377376 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (Day 2)
« Reply #1250 on: March 10, 2019, 03:54:37 am »

In addition to the leading wagons, would still support faust or 2.7.  Faust for previous reasons, 2.7 for scumslipping (teams).
I still don't understand your reasons for suspecting me.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: March 10, 2019, 04:24:00 am »

In addition to the leading wagons, would still support faust or 2.7.  Faust for previous reasons, 2.7 for scumslipping (teams).
I still don't understand your reasons for suspecting me.

Basically for thinking like scum instead of like town. It’s a subjective read.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: March 10, 2019, 04:25:47 am »

How could that be a scumslip?

When one defaults to the use of team here, I think it is likely to be a scumslip if one is part of a team oneself (thereby self-projecting), or if one is the SK (thereby showing known info).
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: March 10, 2019, 04:32:51 am »

When one defaults to the use of team here, I think it is likely to be a scumslip if one is part of a team oneself (thereby self-projecting), or if one is the SK (thereby showing known info).

I thought "multi-ball" games imply that there are at least two other scum team factions rather than simply a SK+scum team. Basically all you are concluding is that I am not a SK (if a SK exists).
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: March 10, 2019, 04:33:40 am »

And if you want to use that as a scum slip be my guest. I was probably more presumptive than I needed to be, but this is multi-ball, right?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: March 10, 2019, 04:57:54 am »

And if you want to use that as a scum slip be my guest. I was probably more presumptive than I needed to be, but this is multi-ball, right?
Now is probably a good time for you to read the setup.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: March 10, 2019, 05:57:49 am »

But I have made it this far....

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: March 10, 2019, 10:15:00 am »

Isn't that literally the argument you made???????

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: March 10, 2019, 10:16:37 am »

Serious question e, how much thought have you given to this setup?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: March 10, 2019, 10:20:02 am »

I don't like that heptuple question marks ( the most important punctuation combo) gets formatted as emoji faces (which barely count as punctuation).

But also, what the heck is going through your mind EFHW?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1260 on: March 10, 2019, 10:49:34 am »

I don't like that heptuple question marks ( the most important punctuation combo) gets formatted as emoji faces (which barely count as punctuation).

Do they really???????
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: March 10, 2019, 11:35:55 am »

So, we have under 24 hours untill deadline and everyone's in one of two wagons...I don't think I have a choice.

Vote: Awaclus, either me or you.

@DatSwan, if you believe you didn't lock in the Robz lynch, surely you must think Awaclus did, right? No one else could've done it. Do you think that's scummy?

Also, I've reread some town!Swan and it feels like this game's lacking his big rereads and VCAs that he seems to love to do but haven't read his scum games. I wish I had better scumreads...

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: March 10, 2019, 11:49:05 am »

Serious question e, how much thought have you given to this setup?

Not much. I read through the setup, and I know my role.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: March 10, 2019, 11:53:42 am »

I also prefer Awaclus over MiX

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: March 10, 2019, 11:54:37 am »

The setup here is not as critical until after we start lynching scum and eventually claiming

Actually, that's true in basically all setups

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: March 10, 2019, 11:55:01 am »

I mean, knowing and understanding your role is always important

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: March 10, 2019, 01:15:13 pm »

Also, I've reread some town!Swan and it feels like this game's lacking his big rereads and VCAs that he seems to love to do but haven't read his scum games. I wish I had better scumreads...

Don't you get the sense that is likely due to the size of the game? In many ways I feel like this is Day 1, part 2 because even after the lynch and the NKs, its still huge and hard to follow.  It doesn't seem like anyone has a really good case to follow/support. So big rereads are hard because of the sheer size, it seems.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: March 10, 2019, 04:14:32 pm »

I won't be around for deadline, but I should be able to come on and adjust my vote if needed until about midnight tonight, about 8 hours before deadline.

I obviously prefer MiX to Awaclus, I was just scum with Awaclus and this feel different to me, plus MiX is still pushing this thing about "locking in" the vote on Robz being inherently scummy, as if town knew Awaclus was town or that one of the possible counterwagons (which apparently included Space for some reason, that was never happening) must have been on scum. (Which only some of the scum would have know if that is true.) There's been a lot of argument about this but he's sticking to his guns on this, egged on by faust.

I'd still prefer a faust lynch, but that's not happening. There are probably a decent number of other wagons I'd prefer over Awaclus, if you build them, I may come.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: March 10, 2019, 04:16:43 pm »

ChickenWarlord newb pass needs to end tomorrow.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: March 10, 2019, 04:23:35 pm »

plus MiX is still pushing this thing about "locking in" the vote on Robz being inherently scummy

I am not. And I believe this is a very easy point to make to secure my mislynch, which is why I asked Swan, wanted to see if someone tripped on that. Looks like you did!

Vote: UoS unless I did, in fact, say that locking in Robz' lynch is scummy, in which case I probably deserve to get lynched because I lied...but I'm preeeeetty sure I didn't! I hope I didn't since I don't believe it but I can't really say that I remember everything I was thinking this game, went back and forth a lot.

Space never happening is a good argument for scum!faust, but he was on another wagon that wasn't happening, the only problem with Space was...me moving from LL (a viable wagon) to Space. I was going to mention this but it really only incriminates me...but maybe faust knows better than to start a Space wagon that late? I don't actually know.

Vote: Awaclus because yeeeeah we're not starting another wagon, sadly. If you really want to start a wagon, chicken's something we can both agree on.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: March 10, 2019, 04:28:05 pm »

I'll also accept a faust or Awaclus lynch. Awaclus for their position in the wagon, unquestionable, which means he would (theoretically) be safe from VCAs today and faust for...hey, I actually like the manipulation case! But really just because the only way faust flips scum is if every single town joins on him. I'll have to reread him later...

MiX: What did you mean by every single town having to join on faust? And how hesitant are you, really, about an Awaclus lynch?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: March 10, 2019, 04:40:07 pm »

I'll also accept a faust or Awaclus lynch. Awaclus for their position in the wagon, unquestionable, which means he would (theoretically) be safe from VCAs today and faust for...hey, I actually like the manipulation case! But really just because the only way faust flips scum is if every single town joins on him. I'll have to reread him later...

MiX: What did you mean by every single town having to join on faust? And how hesitant are you, really, about an Awaclus lynch?

I don't think scum wants to bus faust, coupled with the fact that he's supposed to be good as scum means that we need a lot of town convinced that he's scum to actually get a scum!faust flip. Which means I don't want to be that one guy that let scum!faust get away because he was being super towny as scum. Oh, and a faust flip should be pretty informative, a town flip would provide a lot of info given that town in general doesn't want to lynch faust which means whoever's early on it needs to provide very solid reasons to start the wagon.

The Awaclus wagon seems weak and uninformative if he's town, it's just a bunch of people sheeping faust and scumreading Awaclus based on his playstyle, which should be null at this point. I also stand by his vote being null, unlike what faust said, so it's another wagon being pushed by a null case, which is how Robz was lynched, don't want to see that happen again. But I'm not especially against it, also seems like it's what must happen if I should live, so between a mislynch and a nulllynch I prefer the latter.

Are you always this mysterious? I don't remember this from you, but last game you were scum so this could mean you're town? Can you point me to another game of you doing this as town so I can read it during the night?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1272 on: March 10, 2019, 04:43:08 pm »

UoS why does Awaclus feel different to you than last game? Can you elaborate on that please? Because he feels pretty similar to me.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1273 on: March 10, 2019, 04:44:32 pm »

My wagon is not at all uninformative.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: March 10, 2019, 04:50:17 pm »

My wagon is not at all uninformative.
That much is certainly true.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 123  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.