Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 123  All

Author Topic: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (GAME OVER, Maquis win!)  (Read 377842 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (Day 1)
« Reply #1000 on: March 05, 2019, 03:20:19 pm »

Vote Count 2.2

"My dear doctor! Oh but don't you look glum," Garak says as Dr. Bashir sits down for their weekly lunch.

"Sorry Garak, but I find it hard to stay positive when my friends are dropping like flies," the doctor says glumly.

"A few years in the Obsidian Order would cure you of that sort of sentimentality," Garak replies. "Personally, I prefer to look on the bright side: I'm still alive. You're still alive. And, if I'm not mistaken, your lunch is still alive," he says, gesturing to the plate of squirming gagh in front of Bashir. "Are you sure you're in the mood for Klingon food?"

"Well," says Bashir, "I thought perhaps today I should get a lunch that says 'Today is a good day to die'."

MiX (3): raerae, Shraeye, Awaclus
Awaclus (3): faust, WestCoastDidds, UncleEurope
faust (1): UmbrageOfSnow
DatSwan (1): MiX

Not voting (7): 2.71828....., SpaceAnemone, chickenwarlord, DatSwan, Glooble, ashersky, EFHW

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch most players. Day 2 ends at 8:00 am forum time, Monday March 11th.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 03:22:42 pm by jotheonah »
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (Day 2)
« Reply #1001 on: March 05, 2019, 03:21:10 pm »

Ruining said vote count by voting:

Vote: Snow
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: March 05, 2019, 03:26:06 pm »

I think MiX just demonstrated he doesn't need it either so why are we doing this?

I don't think he did. Also I wanted to see how difficult you were going to be.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: March 05, 2019, 03:36:40 pm »

Why the switch?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: March 05, 2019, 03:42:15 pm »

Why the switch?

Why not? I haven’t suddenly townread the guy if that’s what you are asking, he is still a suspect. Just wanted to throw a vote at Snow. I think he is the player posting the most with the least to say.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: March 05, 2019, 03:52:39 pm »

Why the switch?

Why not? I haven’t suddenly townread the guy if that’s what you are asking, he is still a suspect. Just wanted to throw a vote at Snow. I think he is the player posting the most with the least to say.
BUt we had such a good thing going!

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: March 05, 2019, 03:57:27 pm »

Why the switch?

What do you have to say about Awaclus that's scummy that doesn't apply to Swan?

I think Swan's timing was much scummier, especially because he left, Awaclus was at deadline so his vote wasn't final.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: March 05, 2019, 03:59:28 pm »

Why the switch?

Awaclus is Awaclus.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: March 05, 2019, 04:01:02 pm »

Awaclus is Awaclus.

Touché.

No, but seriously.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: March 05, 2019, 04:21:38 pm »

EBWOP: So do Ashersky's commas.

What is wrong with me?

Much like my supposed use of two commas, this is a UoS scumtell.

Funny because the comma thing was deliberately BS. I think you're actually less likely than average to be scum.

I was also joking. Maybe it didn’t come across correctly.

I don’t know why you keep asking others what your read of 2.7 is. Why don’t you tell us?

Faust is 2.7ing. As in, Faust today is mimicking 2.7 of Day 1, only with Awa instead of Robz.  It’s so oddly jarring that it feels intentional.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: March 05, 2019, 04:40:41 pm »

I'm townreading e. I think that should be blindingly obvious. I don't think anyone is paying attention.

MiX: By "baaaaaa" I meant I was sheeping e.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: March 05, 2019, 04:42:07 pm »

I think people honestly suspecting me for not contributing would have looked at my posts and tried to see the reasoning behind them, which is a small but still relevant part of my suspicion of faust and a FoS at Eddie.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: March 05, 2019, 04:44:10 pm »

The bigger issue is the playing off town's frustration at lynching one of the most valuable PRs (who did misplay), we should all be mad at the Robz lynch and look around to assign blame as a means of scumhunting seems to be the position faust is taking, and it's irrational and he knows it. It's manipulative.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: March 05, 2019, 05:42:16 pm »

My big problem with the game so far is no one is particularly towny in the way I feel comfortable completely taking them off the table.

Some players have done towny things. No players have set themselves apart as “good.” 

So I’m struggling to separate the wheat.

On Robz, yeah he def misplayed. His last post came at a time when he should have realized the risk of being lynch outweighed any benefit he thought he’d get from waiting to activate his IC.

Because of that, I can’t give the Robz mislynch any more weight than a normal mislynch.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: March 05, 2019, 07:11:52 pm »

I've done a first round of wagon-gazing. There aren't many occasions on D1 where more than two of the green names (including my own, from my PoV) are interacting with the same wagon, with the exception of a five-person wagon on e.

At its peak, the wagon is:
2.71828..... (5): mcmcsalot, LaLight, Robz888, Awaclus, WestCoastDidds

So given that it's stable for almost 80 posts, it seems pretty likely that at least one of e, LL, Awaclus or Didds is scum. In a "normal-sized" game, a fiver-person town-on-town wagon is significantly rare, but with so many players in here for D1, I would expect at least a slightly higher chance. There'd even be a case for there being one of each scumteam, if we have two multi-person teams. That seems kind of a stretch when we're only talking about six players in total, though, which probably means it would be smart to check the baseline assumptions about how likely it is for there to be a scum (or one of each scum) in a group of n players. I'll tabulate some numbers when I'm not so sleepy, but right now it's after midnight and I desperately need an early night.

Here's a description of how the e wagon came about, in case a summary is useful for anyone (and since I'd typed it all before realising that it might be more interesting for most people if I just to jump straight to the interesting part):
By around #200, e has had votes from faust and mcmc for a while.
Faust moves to Robz at #265.
Robz joins mcmc on e at #268.
Robz moves to Chicken at #361.
LL joins mcmc on e at #391.
Robz joins them at #402.
Awaclus joins at #473.
Didds joins at #482.
This wagon, the largest so far in the game at that point, stays stable till #561, when Didds moves off onto MiX.
mcm moves to raerae at #643, the the rest stay till Robz moves over to the growing LL wagon at #781.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1015 on: March 05, 2019, 07:35:59 pm »

I've been kind of keeping up with day 2 but there's a lot to process. I'm just reading through and pulling out things I feel the need to comment on.

Chickenwarlord, can you tell me what your top scumreads are right now?

Also, what do you want to be your nickname? Chicken sounds a little... insulting maybe, is that fine for you? We could also do CWL I guess.
Chicken is fine as a nickname.

Given how poorly I read yesterday, I'm far from qualified to be making scumreads- but my suspicions have definitely shifted to Awaclus and possibly Space.

I wouldn't worry about qualifications. It's important to have reads and its helpful to share them. Doesn't mean your forcing them on anyone. Also Awaclus is notoriously hard to read- his style tends to come off scummy to a lot of people. Oddly I was kind of townreading him day 1, but looking over day 2 I'm scumreading him for sure.

I also think that picking apart the minutiae of MiX's posts is an easy way for scum to create interactions without providing much content. UoS and raerae stand out as the main culprits.

I don't understand how showing somebody is wrong is "picking apart the minutiae."  MiX lied and misrepresented to make a case on me and I pointed that out.   This makes two times you've tried to downplay my MiX vote.  Are you protecting him or just trying to build up the suspicion on me?

Raerae, I'm interested in your case on MiX. This is my first game, and I feel like he says a lot and I find it hard to follow his train of thought, which is making it hard to identify the places where he misrepresented you. Now that he's walked back those statements do you still find him scummy? Is he more scummy for trying to walk back statements when they put pressure on him rather than sticking to his guns?

You even mention him, but I think you're not giving enough relevance to Swan. I believe him, along with chicken and Space, are the ones that secured the Robz lynch. Awaclus only appeared when it was inevitable, the anti-Robz folk were too dilluted in the LL/e/Space wagon (I'm at fault there too), in fact, it's a bit weird when you consider that faust started the Space wagon and immediatly afterwards Swan said he didn't want a Space lynch. Also don't like how Swan said a bunch of NAI things, stated "Glooble is town", voted Robz and dissapeared. Maybe they're just really busy...

Hmm, the timing on Swan's vote is much more suspicious than Space's timing + my (weak) case on them, so:

Vote: Swan

These are good points. We should be looking at Swan more. He is playing very under the radar this game. FoS: Swan

I'm really not sure how Awaclus' answers caused you to fold there.  They were valid points, and his answers seemed like they brushed them aside instead of addressing them.  Just "Weak suspicion" --> "weak answer" --> "oh, now my scumread is gone in fact you're towny".......

I strongly agree with shraeye here. That whole interaction between Awaclus and MiX honestly felt staged. Like I don't see the logic in Awaclus's answers and I have a really hard time seeing where MiX finds them convincing.

Okay, this is kind of stream-of-consciousness, but reading MiX's day 2 play there is a lot of pushing something and immediately backing off when any pressure is put on that assertion. It happens with raerae, and then it happens with Awaclus even faster. My gut reaction is that that's scummy.

I've been giving MiX the benefit of the doubt for several reasons- I've never played with him before, he's been very active and he's made some points I agree with. But his pattern of behavior feels scummy to me.

I'd still like raerae to elaborate on how she feels he misrepresented her, but for now I'm comfortable with vote: MiX. Remember that this is multiball, so scum can genuinely scumhunt.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: March 05, 2019, 08:30:35 pm »

Ok, I'm here. Maybe people could put tl'drs at the end of long posts?

I only got one scumread out of that whole thing. Maybe things will be easier going forward.

WCD, I was cheering for you. It's fun having more women playing - for a long time after raerae left, it was just me. But it isn't actually all that different, and I object to genderizing playstyles or motivations.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (PMs sent. Night 0)
« Reply #1017 on: March 05, 2019, 08:39:42 pm »

I did think this was towny by faust.

Right, no, I forgot we have to wait a day.

Hmm. Back to vote: e

PPE: Eddie = Uncleeurope.

See, I told you we should be voting faust

I disagree and will also vote: europe
If we lynch him today, the Universal Backup will inherit the Hated Godfather. We do not want that.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: March 05, 2019, 09:49:37 pm »

EFHW, who was your scumread?

And totally agree on needing tl;dr summaries for long posts!
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: March 05, 2019, 10:15:37 pm »

The bigger issue is the playing off town's frustration at lynching one of the most valuable PRs (who did misplay), we should all be mad at the Robz lynch and look around to assign blame as a means of scumhunting seems to be the position faust is taking, and it's irrational and he knows it. It's manipulative.
also, faust saying raerae's reads and my reads were just copies from last game seemed both disingenuous and a really ham-fisted way to cast doubt on our reads.

That's two counts of faust manipulating.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: March 05, 2019, 10:22:09 pm »

I've beat this horse so bad, Glooble, I'm really not interested in rehashing everything I posted (there was other weird stuff like his take on my current read on ash that I absolutely haven't talked about today that I just walked away from) on the subject but will recap.  Primarily it was his assumption and then insistence that I was responding to him once (I said Robz but meant mcmc, not the craziest mix-up in history), him claiming my vote on ash was simultaneously sheeping shraeye and OMGUS (I maintain it was neither) and then saying it was the only thing I did on my own day one (those three are unable to happen together, pick your poison), then he just totally missed why I voted for jimmmmm even though he apparently reread the day and explained it (incorrectly) right before asking me why I voted for jimmmm.  The entire thing just felt stretchy where it wasn't entirely incorrect. 

My vote for him came very specifically for the following and generally for basically what shraeye said.  If he's town, he just lied to try to push a lynch through and that's the opposite of the kind of town I want in the game.  I, obviously, think he's scum who just tried to lol his way out of a shit case.
What Robz post were you replying to? I...didn't find it. In fact, it doesn't exist. I am as confused as you are...you're clearly replying to this:

Ha. I have to admit I didn't look for whatever post you where refering to, I just found a good non-Robz that I remembered (because I wrote it). Well that's awkward.

I think his particular walking back is scummy.  I don't think it's scummy to have a read because of XYZ and then to believe the explanation for XYZ.  We're all here to push and say, "Isn't this weird?" and to respond, "Naw, I was thinking this."  You get to choose whether you believe it but I think the belief is what's missing in his stepback.  He seems, both w/me and Awaclus, to just sort of throw his hands up and go, "Guess ya got me!" and that seems like giving up too easy if you actually believe your case.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: March 05, 2019, 10:23:32 pm »

Ok, I'm here. Maybe people could put tl'drs at the end of long posts?

I only got one scumread out of that whole thing. Maybe things will be easier going forward.

WCD, I was cheering for you. It's fun having more women playing - for a long time after raerae left, it was just me. But it isn't actually all that different, and I object to genderizing playstyles or motivations.

Accidental guilt-trip but I'm feeling it!  I'm sorry!!

tl;dr: not game related

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: March 05, 2019, 10:27:27 pm »

Some players have done towny things. No players have set themselves apart as “good.” 

So I’m struggling to separate the wheat.
Yeah, I agree with this big big.  I have a handful of scumreads, a double-handful of people I'm suspicious of. Another handful of people I'm null on, which makes me suspicious.  My scale is severely tipped towards scum; glooble and Uncle are my two singular townreads.  I've got DatSwan sorted into town category too, but that's mostly my gut-read from day1 carrying over.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: March 06, 2019, 12:46:48 am »

It's not irrational to try and analyze a mislynch wagon. I never said anything about we should all be mad. This is a misrepresentation.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: March 06, 2019, 12:48:45 am »

also, faust saying raerae's reads and my reads were just copies from last game seemed both disingenuous and a really ham-fisted way to cast doubt on our reads.

That's two counts of faust manipulating.
Well, it was based on misremembering raerae's D1 reads. I do think you both have a bias against MiX that is not rooted in his alignment.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 123  All

Page created in 0.715 seconds with 20 queries.