Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 123  All

Author Topic: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (GAME OVER, Maquis win!)  (Read 377946 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (Night 1)
« Reply #900 on: March 04, 2019, 01:12:45 pm »

@MiX, my post might make more sense if you read it as several spaced-out chronological re-reads

Yes, I realized that you did them in order, otherwise the RMM51 thing wouldn't make any sense. But it really looked like you were taking back the scumread from Robz. I did admit that you might've just been sheeping e's case, but it's not what you said on the read post. It just feels like you were sheeping e's case while being against part of it, which is weird...especially when you don't say "I agree with e's case on Robz" or anything like "I'm sheeping e's vote on Robz", just vague "I agree with e".

Question to everyone: what's Space's scummeta? I have a feeling this case can suddently flip into a townread, I just need to know what's their meta...

@Space, what were your scumreads at the time? How about now?

Now something unrelated: @chicken, why, exactly, did you scumread Robz? Did you ever say that? I don't see it...

Okay, time to do productive things! Let's see what conf!town had to say about D1...

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: March 04, 2019, 03:58:09 pm »

The rest are fine, but I have a feeling e needs to be there, just because of how he NEVER moved from Robz, ever ever ever, even when LL and Space wagons were being viable...

Why do you think this is scummy?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (Day 2)
« Reply #902 on: March 04, 2019, 04:07:38 pm »

The rest are fine, but I have a feeling e needs to be there, just because of how he NEVER moved from Robz, ever ever ever, even when LL and Space wagons were being viable...

Why do you think this is scummy?

Mostly because his stubborness worked. I assume scum can make wagons push harder since they have 3 votes instead of 1, e pushing Robz all day and succeding might've been due to that. It's incredibly weak but at least it's based on evidence. I'm been procrastinating so I haven't done any (after N1 flips) rereading...sorry about that.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: March 04, 2019, 04:17:30 pm »

I assume scum can make wagons push harder since they have 3 votes instead of 1, e pushing Robz all day and succeding might've been due to that. It's incredibly weak but at least it's based on evidence.

What's the evidence?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: March 04, 2019, 04:18:35 pm »

I assume scum can make wagons push harder since they have 3 votes instead of 1, e pushing Robz all day and succeding might've been due to that. It's incredibly weak but at least it's based on evidence.

What's the evidence?

The votes.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: March 04, 2019, 04:22:17 pm »

The votes are evidence of scum?

Or just evidence of votes existing?

Is this different than me quoting a post of Ash's and saying "look, he uses 2 commas here, so he's more likely to be scum than average."

I have evidence, I can point at the quote and all those commas. How is this different?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: March 04, 2019, 04:34:57 pm »

The votes are evidence of scum?

Or just evidence of votes existing?

Is this different than me quoting a post of Ash's and saying "look, he uses 2 commas here, so he's more likely to be scum than average."

I have evidence, I can point at the quote and all those commas. How is this different?

Okay, fine, I'll try to not be confusing for once.

I said that e shouldn't be put off the initial scummy table because of his predominance in the wagon. I'm not saying e's scum, in fact, I'm not sure he's scummy, but it's definitly something we need to look at. "based on evidence" means it's not just gut reads, it's bound to the votes, and you can't change those: they exist regardless of each player's metas.

Quoting a post like that has a premise: that ash uses 2 commas more as scum. This has no relevence to the game, as ash could very simply change that meta on the fly. "Quoting" or using votes like I did has another premise: that e would be on Robz all day because he's scum. But it also has "scum would help other scum push the wagon they want", and you can't deny this, it's not based on e's meta in any way.

Now that I say this, it looks ridiculous...why would scum care about lynching Robz and not LL or Space? There's some WIFOM reasons but...okay this is stupid.

Well, that means I'll just stick with my null/towny (don't wanna say it) read on e. Thanks!

(This post is awkward. I haven't paid enough attention to this game this day...)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: March 04, 2019, 04:35:52 pm »

Hi, Still catching up.  I love DS9. It doesn't get the attention it deserves.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: March 04, 2019, 04:43:40 pm »

"based on evidence" means it's not just gut reads, it's bound to the votes, and you can't change those: they exist regardless of each player's metas.

So does Ashersky's commas.
Quoting a post like that has a premise: that ash uses 2 commas more as scum. This has no relevence to the game.... using votes like I did has another premise: that e would be on Robz all day because he's scum. But it also has "scum would help other scum push the wagon they want", and you can't deny this, it's not based on e's meta in any way.
That's the whole reason I'm using this as an example. What's your evidence that scum!e is more likely to be on Robz than town!e? Because you are making that assertion and claiming it's backed by evidence, but the evidence is just that that's what happened in the game.

What's the evidence that scum particularly wanted a Robz wagon?

Now that I say this, it looks ridiculous...why would scum care about lynching Robz and not LL or Space? There's some WIFOM reasons but...okay this is stupid.

Well, that means I'll just stick with my null/towny (don't wanna say it) read on e. Thanks!

(This post is awkward. I haven't paid enough attention to this game this day...)
Yes, this is where I was going. And I don't feel like deleting my stuff I already typed either. So fine. Awkwardbros.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: March 04, 2019, 04:44:13 pm »

EBWOP: So do Ashersky's commas.

What is wrong with me?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: March 04, 2019, 06:13:47 pm »

Progress! I was rereading raerae, when I found this...

Robz, can't defend against that, I really haven't done much this game, it's big and intimidating and most of the conversation has been setup so I commented when I had something to say but was definitely content to sit back and wait until it progressed to something I can chime in on. Like today. This is the stuff I get and so I'm talking now.

But she meant to reply to me. Is this useful?

Anyway, she spends D1 interacting with shraeye, me and a little bit of faust. Or at least most of what she said was to or about one of these 3 players...In M121 she also did that, but much, much less (she still interacted more with me and shraeye but more with other players, relatively). So...@raerae, was this intentional?

Rereading takes so much effort...with all of this I basically determined raerae did nothing D1 other than talk to 3 people. Great. Is this towny or scummy? I'm leaning on the scummy side, but I don't know...

What is scummy is her complete lack of reads, she was only voting because faust "convinced" her, which means she doesn't even need to explain why her vote was there (not like I blame people finding Jimmmmmmmmm scummy, since I did). Unless you count her ash vote, which was the only thing she did out of her own initiative (at least from what I'm seeing) which is...sheeping shraeye and OMGUS. It's not looking good for her, I think I like this case more than the one I made for Space. At least she admits it? But then she just sheeps faust.

@raerae, what was your reason to vote Jimmmmmm?

Well, Vote: raerae because I feel like I'm being unfair to Space...but FoS: Space for, well, what I said before.

Is there anything setup related that's good to discuss now? I was going to bring up things related to the IC but...yeah. So not sure what to say. I've asked my share of questions and reread my share of rereads, I'll lay low for now.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: March 04, 2019, 06:22:46 pm »

Progress! I was rereading raerae, when I found this...

Robz, can't defend against that, I really haven't done much this game, it's big and intimidating and most of the conversation has been setup so I commented when I had something to say but was definitely content to sit back and wait until it progressed to something I can chime in on. Like today. This is the stuff I get and so I'm talking now.

But she meant to reply to me. Is this useful?

Anyway, she spends D1 interacting with shraeye, me and a little bit of faust. Or at least most of what she said was to or about one of these 3 players...In M121 she also did that, but much, much less (she still interacted more with me and shraeye but more with other players, relatively). So...@raerae, was this intentional?

Rereading takes so much effort...with all of this I basically determined raerae did nothing D1 other than talk to 3 people. Great. Is this towny or scummy? I'm leaning on the scummy side, but I don't know...

What is scummy is her complete lack of reads, she was only voting because faust "convinced" her, which means she doesn't even need to explain why her vote was there (not like I blame people finding Jimmmmmmmmm scummy, since I did). Unless you count her ash vote, which was the only thing she did out of her own initiative (at least from what I'm seeing) which is...sheeping shraeye and OMGUS. It's not looking good for her, I think I like this case more than the one I made for Space. At least she admits it? But then she just sheeps faust.

@raerae, what was your reason to vote Jimmmmmm?

Well, Vote: raerae because I feel like I'm being unfair to Space...but FoS: Space for, well, what I said before.

Is there anything setup related that's good to discuss now? I was going to bring up things related to the IC but...yeah. So not sure what to say. I've asked my share of questions and reread my share of rereads, I'll lay low for now.

What do you mean I meant to reply to you?  I was responding to Robz, that's why I said "Robz."  Also, it was D1 in an 18 player game and I very clearly said I had no reasonable reads.  Why are you trying to make this out like something I was trying to hide or minimize?  Also, when did I sheep shraeye?  And my vote on Ash wasn't OMGUS, I think his reason for voting for me was scummy as hell and made no sense.  Basically everything in your "case" is wrong, are you just hoping people will trust you and won't reread or did you really accidentally get that much stuff wrong?

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: March 04, 2019, 06:33:57 pm »

Hoping people don’t reread is rarely going to be a scum!plan, so I would imagine that isn’t the driving force there...

You were very “go with the flow” yesterday as a whole and we have to determine if that is indicative of alignment or not. And while your defense was heard, it doesn’t change my opinions of the actions fully.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: March 04, 2019, 06:41:22 pm »

Hoping people don’t reread is rarely going to be a scum!plan, so I would imagine that isn’t the driving force there...

You were very “go with the flow” yesterday as a whole and we have to determine if that is indicative of alignment or not. And while your defense was heard, it doesn’t change my opinions of the actions fully.

So MiX is town because he's wrong?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: March 04, 2019, 06:44:35 pm »

What Robz post were you replying to? I...didn't find it. In fact, it doesn't exist. I am as confused as you are...you're clearly replying to this:

I do see one for raerae, just because she's not doing much, and I remember her doing a LOT more in M121, am I wrong? I don't think I am...but this could very well be null, I don't know...

You even say "I really haven't done much this game" which is a direct quote from this. I don't know what to make of this blatant mistake and I'm not sure if you're joking or not.

About no reads...you seemed to have more reads in M121, particularly you were scumreading me and shraeye through D1 (and that's all I can truly remember of you that game...), here you're not too committed to any read. But I have to admit, you have townreads, so the problem is just on scumreads.

You were sheeping shraeye when you voted for ash, right? Let me look at it again...

So how does that makes me an informative lynch for town?  You're proposing a lynch of somebody who's few interactions are with somebody you have a townread on.  That seems exceedingly unhelpful to town.

So, okay, you weren't sheeping shraeye...but who else was on him? And this is definitely OMGUS, your vote is entirely dependant on knowing that you're town, lynching someone who doesn't have a lot of interactions isn't scummy, it's just necessary sometimes. But we went over this in D1...and you didn't address it. Well I think you lost your scumread on ash, but you didn't say why, not like it matters.

Did you just ignore my question at the end? What was your reason to vote Jimmmmmmm?

That post was weird. You're being weird. I'm not as wrong as you say I am...so why all the defensiveness? Well, time for your rebutal.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: March 04, 2019, 07:03:23 pm »

I can't quote all this shit, here's the post I was replying to, we're both wrong, I should have said mcmc, you know, Robz' brother.  His was post #673, mine was #675, yours was #653 so no, it isn't clear I was replying to you by using a name you aren't associated with 25 posts later.

So me saying I haven't done that much this game is a mistake?  But isn't that why you're voting for me?

Re: M121, entirely different game, fewer players, far less setup speculation, it was easier for me to jump back into playing that because we were mostly just bullshitting.  Plus, I hadn't just led town to their demise so I was more optimistic about my abilities. 

re:sheeping shraeye and my ash vote, how can I be both sheeping and OMGUSing?  I'm OMGUSing on behalf of a shraeye, I'm agreeing with shraeye's OMGUS?  Dude, I hope you warmed up because you are stretching so hard right now it's insane.  Also, don't, I can't say this strongly enough, if I say something is or isn't OMGUS (or anything else for that matter), you don't fucking get to rename it so it fits your narrative better.  You don't get to decide my feelings on a subject for me.

I missed your question about Jimmmmm, I don't know why it's even a question though, I sold my vote to faust who told me to vote Jimmmmm.  His case wasn't terrible so I agreed to the deal.  This is public knowledge, why are you confused?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: March 04, 2019, 07:10:42 pm »

@Space, what were your scumreads at the time? How about now?

I felt your content was the most scummy at the time, and didn't really have scumreads on anyone else, but I did manage to stratify the playerlist to include a set I was willing to lynch.

Now, little has changed, though I'm more ready to examine the other new-to-me players: shraeye, raerae, and Chicken. I don't think I've played with Eddie before either. I didn't even do any re-reads in the night to form better reads, but I did skim-read the whole of drunk mafia. I couldn't tell you a thing about the actual games, but it was interesting for the player insights.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: March 04, 2019, 07:27:30 pm »

I can't quote all this shit, here's the post I was replying to, we're both wrong, I should have said mcmc, you know, Robz' brother.  His was post #673, mine was #675, yours was #653 so no, it isn't clear I was replying to you by using a name you aren't associated with 25 posts later.

So me saying I haven't done that much this game is a mistake?  But isn't that why you're voting for me?

Re: M121, entirely different game, fewer players, far less setup speculation, it was easier for me to jump back into playing that because we were mostly just bullshitting.  Plus, I hadn't just led town to their demise so I was more optimistic about my abilities. 

re:sheeping shraeye and my ash vote, how can I be both sheeping and OMGUSing?  I'm OMGUSing on behalf of a shraeye, I'm agreeing with shraeye's OMGUS?  Dude, I hope you warmed up because you are stretching so hard right now it's insane.  Also, don't, I can't say this strongly enough, if I say something is or isn't OMGUS (or anything else for that matter), you don't fucking get to rename it so it fits your narrative better.  You don't get to decide my feelings on a subject for me.

I missed your question about Jimmmmm, I don't know why it's even a question though, I sold my vote to faust who told me to vote Jimmmmm.  His case wasn't terrible so I agreed to the deal.  This is public knowledge, why are you confused?

Ha. I have to admit I didn't look for whatever post you where refering to, I just found a good non-Robz that I remembered (because I wrote it). Well that's awkward.

About M121...okay? Different game makes sense? But I don't know, I had my share of completely misreading every player there...of course it didn't matter as much as your reads, but, yeah; and all I want to do is read even more players, in case I actually get it right. Shouldn't excuse you for D1, but fine...that whole post is a pretty big reaction that can hopefully be used later, so I don't need to push you more.

It's not really sheeping as it is going to a wagon where shraeye was, since shraeye was pretty towny it would be reasonable to expect it to grow. Your reason to vote ash was discredited by mcmc a few posts later, but you didn't talk about it or move immediatly; you did, however, look for alternatives (that is, you wanted to vote for Jimmmmmmm).

I don't see why you would have to be honest with your reason to vote for people if you're scum, thus I see no reason to believe if a vote was OMGUS or not based on what you say. Right? Am I being confusing here? Not that you gain anything by lying, but you're always lying when voting as scum anyway and this is no different.

As for Jimmmmmm, why did you sell your vote to faust? Why not e, me, shraeye, I don't know, anyone else? And did you simply sheep his case or did you see anything else that was scummy? That's the answer I wanted, "why did you vote for Jimmmmm" is a good catch-all question for that, I think.

I hope this back-to-back posting gives information about me and raerae? I'll read what raerae said here critically later, I have to sleep now

PPE 1: I have no idea what happened in drunk mafia...so tired...

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: March 04, 2019, 07:28:02 pm »

On to today, Space is suspicious, WCD, raerae, and LL are eyebrow raisers for me.

This is also exactly the set of players who admitted to having been bothered by the conflict discussion yesterday. Have you considered whether you might be reading conflict aversion or other non-masculine behaviours as scummy given that you yourself might be looking at the game from a slightly more masculine perspective?

Now that EFHW has replaced LL, I think there are more non-males playing now than in any other f.ds mafia game I've seen.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: March 04, 2019, 07:31:09 pm »

Ha. I have to admit I didn't look for whatever post you where refering to, I just found a good non-Robz that I remembered (because I wrote it). Well that's awkward.

I haven't even read the rest of this post,

Vote: MiX

blatantly lying to influence town is the literal definition of scum.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: March 04, 2019, 08:02:32 pm »

Now that EFHW has replaced LL, I think there are more non-males playing now than in any other f.ds mafia game I've seen.

Hooray, EFHW!  Four of us feels like some kind of achievement! And speaks well of the forum generally. Thanks, y'all!
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: March 04, 2019, 09:11:04 pm »

So MiX is town because he's wrong?

MiX isn’t scum because he is trying to make people forget to reread. Or hoping people won’t.

Seemed like a weird accusation. He could still be scum, but that isn’t a scummy behavior to base a case on.

On to today, Space is suspicious, WCD, raerae, and LL are eyebrow raisers for me.

This is also exactly the set of players who admitted to having been bothered by the conflict discussion yesterday. Have you considered whether you might be reading conflict aversion or other non-masculine behaviours as scummy given that you yourself might be looking at the game from a slightly more masculine perspective?

I don’t really know what you mean, you may be viewing this game using masculine/feminine, but I am not. I am basing my reads on activity and content. Implying that I lack empathy/discernment helps nothing.

I have to say that I am not enjoying this game at the moment. If this becomes the theme for the rest of the game, then I want out, I am not practiced enough at looking at the world in this mindset to be able to continue as is.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: March 04, 2019, 09:43:38 pm »

About M121...okay? Different game makes sense? But I don't know, I had my share of completely misreading every player there...of course it didn't matter as much as your reads, but, yeah; and all I want to do is read even more players, in case I actually get it right. Shouldn't excuse you for D1, but fine...that whole post is a pretty big reaction that can hopefully be used later, so I don't need to push you more.

It's not really sheeping as it is going to a wagon where shraeye was, since shraeye was pretty towny it would be reasonable to expect it to grow. Your reason to vote ash was discredited by mcmc a few posts later, but you didn't talk about it or move immediatly; you did, however, look for alternatives (that is, you wanted to vote for Jimmmmmmm).

I don't see why you would have to be honest with your reason to vote for people if you're scum, thus I see no reason to believe if a vote was OMGUS or not based on what you say. Right? Am I being confusing here? Not that you gain anything by lying, but you're always lying when voting as scum anyway and this is no different.

As for Jimmmmmm, why did you sell your vote to faust? Why not e, me, shraeye, I don't know, anyone else? And did you simply sheep his case or did you see anything else that was scummy? That's the answer I wanted, "why did you vote for Jimmmmm" is a good catch-all question for that, I think.

I hope this back-to-back posting gives information about me and raerae? I'll read what raerae said here critically later, I have to sleep now

PPE 1: I have no idea what happened in drunk mafia...so tired...

Okay, actually read the whole thing, I'll address the three bolded points and then I'm all sorts of done with this.  If anybody else wants to engage, I'd be happy to talk.

1) Discredited??  My OPINION on scummy behavior isn't any less valid than his.  Facts can be discredited but opinions are just feelings with a different name and you don't get to tell somebody their feelings aren't valid.  mcmc isn't right because he believes it isn't scummy and I'm not right because I do, we just feel differently about the subject.  I still see ash's reasons for voting for me as scummy but mcmc and faust (two players I respect and who have significant game experience, and one who's conf!town) don't so I am willing to accept that it may not be as scummy as it looks to me.  I'm willing to recognize that somebody else's feelings are valid.

2) My problem isn't with you disbelieving me when I say it wasn't OMGUS (this is Mafia, disbelief is to be expected, I get it), it's with you TELLING me that my stated reason for voting wasn't my stated reason for voting.  It's you telling me you know more about what I was thinking and how I feel than I do.  Because you don't.  Flat out.  You can say, "I don't believe you," but you never get to fucking tell me, "No, it was X because I say so." 

3) Nobody else made an offer.  I sold to literally the only person bidding. 

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: March 04, 2019, 10:46:28 pm »

I've been reading for over an hour, still only at 661. Tomorrow I'll skip ahead to eod1 and catch up on day 2.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: March 04, 2019, 11:06:21 pm »

Robz should have claimed, not going to apologize for anything about the wagon yesterday, time to find scum today
It's true that Robz misplayed, but that doesn't absolve you from the responsibility of having misread him.
That's true, but now we need to sort people into "misread Robz", versus
I will literally vote for anyone as deadline approaches to get a lynch through
versus scummy opportunism.

I know, e expressed a scumread on Robz, so I'm putting him in the first category.  He could be scum, but his vote was based on a read and not #alwayslynch or pure opportunism.  Honestly I'm just still steaming that #alwayslynch is everybody's default. 
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 123  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 20 queries.