Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 123  All

Author Topic: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (GAME OVER, Maquis win!)  (Read 381036 times)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
Re: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (Day 1)
« Reply #825 on: March 01, 2019, 10:18:51 pm »

Responding to prod request. I think I'll be around at deadline.

Chickenwarlord

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: March 02, 2019, 01:06:14 am »

Vote Robbz

I guess it makes sense to throw my vote into the ring at this juncture. Robbz was my strongest scumread, and now that it is looking like we are converging for an actual lynch seems to have the most traction. If there is a big shift to Lalight I guess I could be persuaded, but I would much rather stick on this line.
*insert chicken with a sword and shield here*

Chickenwarlord

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 02, 2019, 01:10:01 am »

Vote: Robz888
Not sure how important the colon is for searching purposes, but I figured that actually using the correct name and format would help moderation.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: March 02, 2019, 01:17:15 am »

Vote: Jimmmm
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Chickenwarlord

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: March 02, 2019, 01:20:42 am »

Vote: Jimmmm
Are you moving your vote around to ensure that nobody gets lynched at this point. You seem to 'throw things out there', but at this point it just looks like you're trying to divide and play against any kind of united front.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: March 02, 2019, 01:31:26 am »

Nope, just trying to make sure our options are open and an inevitability is avoided.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Chickenwarlord

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: March 02, 2019, 02:36:16 am »

Alright, I am going to try and get some rest. I will try to tune in later before the deadline should anyone make some serious moves.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: March 02, 2019, 02:42:07 am »

Robz888 -- Actually, his inactivity here doesn't feel totally like it did in RMM51. Here he seems to be reading and sheeping, rather than too busy to be present. I certainly have sympathy for people who find interacting with a big group on D1 tough, but that's not really the vibe I get from him either. Of the major wagons that I haven't ruled out, he's looking the most votable.
I really don't like this trying to create a scumread out of nothing. Robz is a lurker lynch, that's fine, but I don't think there is much of anything to scumread, and it reads like fake justification. I don't suppose we could get a Space wagon?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: March 02, 2019, 02:45:20 am »

I would actually be fine with that.

Uncleeurope Eddie

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: March 02, 2019, 02:52:37 am »

Let's do it.

Vote: Space
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: March 02, 2019, 02:54:19 am »

Uncleeurope Eddie

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: March 02, 2019, 03:32:17 am »

I was wrong. I will not be here. I do not think Robz is particularly skummy but I do not want my vote to go to waste and I do not want to vote for Space.

Vote: Robz

It is 1230am my time. DL is at 5am my time. I have set an alarm for 445am.... but there is like a negative 5 percent chance I wake up.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: March 02, 2019, 04:05:37 am »

Vote count 1.8

LaLight (4): MiX, Shraeye, Glooble, Robz888
Robz888 (6): 2.71828....., WestCoastDidds, UmbrageofSnow, SpaceAnemone, chickenwarlord, DatSwan
Jimmmmm (1): raerae
raerae (2): ashersky, mcmcsalot
2.71828..... (2): LaLight, Awaclus
shraeye (1): Jimmmmm
SpaceAnemone (2): faust, Uncleeurope

With 18 Alive it takes 10 to lynch most players. Deadline is at 8 am Forum Time, in 4 hours. I’ll be on an hour before.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 04:07:24 am by jotheonah »
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: March 02, 2019, 04:39:01 am »

Let's do it.

What? I doubt this is happening...but I'm on board!

Please treat as my vote being simultaneously on LL and Space, otherwise people will give up on LL and then Robz dies. Also, what happened to the Jimmmmmm wagon?

Quickvote over, time to read what happened while I was gone, and before anyone says "MiX is jumping on every wagon!", I always prefered a Space lynch, but doubted it would happen.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: March 02, 2019, 04:49:28 am »

Of the “large” wagons, I find the SA one the least bad.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: March 02, 2019, 04:55:02 am »

I will be around until deadline on and off (house cleaning day) and able to move around to help a lynch happen
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: March 02, 2019, 05:10:14 am »

Then why is he on your "would lynch" list???  Your reads are EVERYWHERE.  I'm inherently mistrustful of being on any lynch with you because you just keep jumping to the one gaining the most steam.  Frankly, it makes me what to vote for whoever you DON'T want to vote for.

Because I've seen nothing townie to come out of Robz. It's not a good lynch, but it's preferable over nothing (shraeye come at me), and we need a LOT of coordination if we are to actually hit scum, so I'm willing to provide it.

Space's reread isn't half bad, really. Puts down thoughts that I haven't seen before. They didn't have to do this, really. Don't like all the discussion about me and whatnot, but I know that Space would take that into consideration no matter the alignment, so it's null. faust's case is actually pretty sweet, but there wasn't a lot of support for a Space lynch (just me), so I doubt he's trying to redirect the lynch.

Well, let's test my own case. So I thought Space was scummy for a bunch of fluff and a terrible vote in a terrible case (I'm biased, but still); they changed that with the read list. That definitely makes sense for either alignment, town!Space wants to be productive and scum!Space wants to...be productive. Yeeeeah. At this point I'm willing to trust faust, but there's one thing I want to ask...

@faust, do you agree with my case on Space? And do you think Space's new activity weakens/strengthens it? I think your case is weak (weaker than my case on LL) without my part, do you agree? If yes/no, why?

The above can be answered by everyone, by the way.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: March 02, 2019, 06:00:33 am »

Robz888 -- Actually, his inactivity here doesn't feel totally like it did in RMM51. Here he seems to be reading and sheeping, rather than too busy to be present. I certainly have sympathy for people who find interacting with a big group on D1 tough, but that's not really the vibe I get from him either. Of the major wagons that I haven't ruled out, he's looking the most votable.
I really don't like this trying to create a scumread out of nothing. Robz is a lurker lynch, that's fine, but I don't think there is much of anything to scumread, and it reads like fake justification. I don't suppose we could get a Space wagon?

I was not really trying to present a sudden scumread on Robz at all. I explicitly said that I feel he's not playing like RMM51 (where he was scum).. I just don't think that's enough of a justification for not voting for him, given that I needed to move for consolidation. I also said (in the Glooble and e parts of my reread that you haven't quoted above) that I agree with a bunch of stuff e's said on Robz.

If you want to present a better case on someone then I'm here till deadline and willing to move if there's a stronger justification than what I've seen so far. That goes for cases on people other than on me.. I'm still not sure self-voting is ever a good thing for town.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #843 on: March 02, 2019, 06:02:01 am »

Robz was scum in RMM51 (I mean you know that, you modded it.) so Space saying his inactivity feels different from that game should be justification for Robz being town? But Space uses it before voting for Robz. I guess I don’t find this post scummy, just confusing. OTOH, they did say they were really sleepy which can explain fuzzy logic.

I don’t particularly want to lynch Space. But I’ve never actually played a game with town!Space, only “third party that was almost it not quite town-aligned!Space.” So I don’t know if anything is out of character for them. But I just reread everything Space has said today and I have no reason to think they are scum. And Space is a useful player to have around. They have a wagon analysis method that I don’t understand but apparently is helpful and mathy.

I’d rather a lurker lynch at this point tbh- could get behind LL, jimmmm, or Robz, in that order. Town Robz is very good later on but scum Robz is very scary later on and I believe won the last time this set-up was run(?) Don’t quote me on that I could be remembering wrong.

I don’t know what I do if the choice is Space or No Lynch. I suppose we’ll find out if we get to that point. We have 2 hours.

PPE 1

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #844 on: March 02, 2019, 06:06:40 am »

Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: March 02, 2019, 06:12:57 am »

TheseBeTheVotes - Eddie Edition

LaLight (3): Shraeye, Glooble, Robz888
Robz888 (7): 2.71828....., WestCoastDidds, UmbrageofSnow, SpaceAnemone, chickenwarlord, DatSwan, Awaclus
Jimmmmm (1): raerae
raerae (2): ashersky, mcmcsalot
2.71828..... (1): LaLight
shraeye (1): Jimmmmm
SpaceAnemone (3): faust, Uncleeurope, MiX

Robz hit L-3

Uncleeurope Eddie

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #846 on: March 02, 2019, 06:15:50 am »

Ugh, fine.

vote: Robz

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: March 02, 2019, 06:20:52 am »

L-2

Uncleeurope Eddie

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: March 02, 2019, 06:23:47 am »

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: March 02, 2019, 06:42:56 am »

Good morning! The question for the moment is why can't cats make coffee? Le sigh...

Robz at L-1?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 123  All

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 20 queries.